As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Warhammer Fantasy Battles: Skaven eat cheese (when they are given it).

• Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Warriors of Chaos, the daemon sword; who is it for?

I think it might be for mounted sorcerer lords. Specifically on discs or chariots. Sure it takes up all of your gift space but its a minimum of +1 A and on average doubles your attacks with no drawback, and you can still buy a bunch of regular gear.
    Plus the look on your opponent's face when you tell him your wizard has nine attacks today, plus the three from his mount….

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    HenryWardHenryWard Registered User regular
    Skullo wrote: »
    Cross posting from the painting thread:

Sorcerer Lord, Mounted
    IMG_0334_zps7ffd7ed5.jpg
    IMG_0335_zpsae4520f9.jpg
    PS: If anyone has an extra one of those Face Plate bits (like on the first Sorcerer), I will literally do anything for it. I got screwed on Ebay when I bought the bits to build the second model, and I can't find the mask individually anywhere.

I totally wouldn't worry about finding the face plate. He looks *awesome* with just the cowl and darkness.

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Yeah, creates a sort of 'oh fuck me, whats in the hood?' reaction. Goes well with Chaos.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    SkulloSkullo Registered User regular
    Yeah, it looks like he'll be going headless for quite some time. The look might grow on me.

• Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    Forgeworld Dwarfs, not chaos. Holy shit.

kAI6SpX.jpg

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    SkulloSkullo Registered User regular
    Oh man, those are awesome. I think I just found my brother's birthday present.

• Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    They have so much character ughhhh.

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    Does the one in the middle use a vase to shape his beard?

why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    So I was reading the Daemon army book earlier. Everything was all cool and fun and interesting, until I got to the Skull Cannon.

S 10 cannon with D6 multiple wounds, that can move and shoot, 3+/5+ save, T5 with 4 wounds. It's also a chariot, so it does Impact Hits. Every wound from those Impact Hits replenishes a lost wound to the Skull Cannon on a 4+. You want to charge it? Cool, there's two bloodletters riding shotgun, and the Cannon itself is WS 5, S 5 with 3 attacks. And you get all of those goodies for a staggering 135 points. But it's a rare, so you only get two of them in your standard game!

Yea.

• Options
    Wow, it was sounding great till they decided to overcost it. :~(

why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    overcosted ? really ? thats like saying the hydra could do to lose a few points off its cost.

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options
    armageddonboundarmageddonbound Registered User regular
    Farangu wrote: »
    So I was reading the Daemon army book earlier. Everything was all cool and fun and interesting, until I got to the Skull Cannon.

S 10 cannon with D6 multiple wounds, that can move and shoot, 3+/5+ save, T5 with 4 wounds. It's also a chariot, so it does Impact Hits. Every wound from those Impact Hits replenishes a lost wound to the Skull Cannon on a 4+. You want to charge it? Cool, there's two bloodletters riding shotgun, and the Cannon itself is WS 5, S 5 with 3 attacks. And you get all of those goodies for a staggering 135 points. But it's a rare, so you only get two of them in your standard game!

Yea.
    *looks at empire cannon, that does none of those things, other than the actual shot, for only 15 points less and cries*

• Options
    I was being facetious. :P

why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    armageddonboundarmageddonbound Registered User regular
    skarsol wrote: »
    I was being facetious. :P
    My tears are real all the same!

• Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    They have so much character ughhhh.

Buy my dwarfs. They have character.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    I never got the appeal of Warhammer Dwarves. They're like boring Empire, and Empire is already fucking boring.

• Options
    zenpotatozenpotato Registered User regular
    Beer, beards, and sworn vengeance? What's not to love?

• Options
    edited March 2013
    I'm talking purely from a model range/rules perspective. They've got infantry, tough infantry, light infantry, cannons and... that's about it. No cavalry, no magic, no monsters, none of the more esoteric war machines Empire have. They're literally a boring version of another boring army on the table. They even actively make the game even more boring for their opponent by not only having no magic, but being incredibly good at making them not have magic.

They're like the Warhammer Worlds fun police.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »
    I'm talking purely from a model range/rules perspective. They've got infantry, tough infantry, light infantry, cannons and... that's about it. No cavalry, no magic, no monsters, none of the more esoteric war machines Empire have. They're literally a boring version of another boring army on the table. They even actively make the game even more boring for their opponent by not only having no magic, but being incredibly good at making them not have magic.

I mostly played 6th and 7th ed but they also have some of the most points effective ranged units in the game. Their gunners are fuckin' fierce.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular

This is part of the reason I like Chaos Dwarfs. You still get the hardcore dorf-ness, the grudges, the tough infantry, the warmachines - and then mix it with monsters, cavalry, cavalry-monsters, cheap throw-away infantry, magic, and chaotic warmachines. Seriously hope they expand on the Forgeworld stuff.

• Options
    edited March 2013

I mostly played 6th and 7th ed but they also have some of the most points effective ranged units in the game. Their gunners are fuckin' fierce.

And yet they're short guys with handguns, just like Empires tall guys with handguns. Again, nothing particularly interesting. Just like their short guys with big melee weapons compared to Empires tall guys with big melee weapons, or short guys with hand weapon and shield compared to Empires tall guys with hand weapon and shield, or their cannons crewed by short guys compared to Empires cannons crewee by tall guys.

Empire at least gets Wizards and monstrous mounts and steam powered contraptions like tanks and fucking horses, and now monstrous cavalry and their war wagons to sort or make up for the fact you're just playing men. Dwarves are men without the itneresting bits, who actively take away interesting bits from their opponents.

Edit - Yeah, I can see the appeal of Chaos Dwarves, especially now. All those funky warmachines are a bit more interesting than a variety of cannons, the Bull Centaurs and Hobgoblins mix up the infantry, and man, the K'daii. That's a Warhammer reimagining of a race.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    I think a lot of the problems come from how old the Dwarf book is.
    Whenever they get re-done I'm sure they'll be a lot more dynamic and have more to offer than beard+axe or beard+gun

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited March 2013
    They already have beardaxes, so obviously... beardgun

Echo on
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Dayspring wrote: »
    Whenever they get re-done I'm sure they'll be a lot more dynamic and have more to offer than beard+axe or beard+gun

7th edition? The Dwarf book isn't really old.

Though you're right, I'm sure they'll get new stuff. It's just that, right now, they're even lacking compared to 7th edition books.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    They do need a new thing or two.

I suggest rune based robotics. Some kind of Dwarven Exo armour or Mechs or something.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    If you look in the main WHFB rulebook there's a double page spread of Dwarf vs Orc artwork that has huge Dwarf robot shaped things in the background

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    That's definitely the direction Dwarves should go. Empire are meant to be like kids with Lego compared to Dwarf engineers.

• Options
    You mean "unlimited creativity, but prone to falling apart if you look at it wrong" vs "more solid than the mountain I was made from but they all look the fucking same?"

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I somehow made it home from the game store with a Savage Orce Big Boss

I don't play Orcs

I don't play fantasy

I guess I do now?

• Options
    MagoMago SwedenRegistered User regular
    No no, you have one model to paint for the artistic side of the hobby.

Trying to paint stuff since 1995.
  • Options
    zenpotatozenpotato Registered User regular

Though you're right, I'm sure they'll get new stuff. It's just that, right now, they're even lacking compared to 7th edition books.

Isn't the Dwarf book actually the last book released from 6th edition?

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2013
    Mago wrote: »

tumblr_mk7tiqRyvk1rm7iyxo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mk7tt3JL5s1rm7iyxo1_1280.jpg

Thing is, I really want to start a fantasy army and Orcs are in the running. I plan on eBaying this guy, but I may buy in soon. It's a toss between Skaven, Orcs, and Lizardmen.

Vanguard on
  • Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Mago wrote: »

It's funny. This is what I say all the time.

And then I end up with a new army.

• Options
    zenpotato wrote: »

Isn't the Dwarf book actually the last book released from 6th edition?

That it was. Only books older now are the tree daemons Wood Elves and Frenchmen Bretonnia.

• Options
    edited March 2013
    So apparently the Chicago Bunker had up very real-looking pictures on their FB page of High Elves riding what looked like phoenixes, before it got taken down.

I'm at work, otherwise I'd link the image. You can do a GIS for leaked high elves and see it, though.

Edit:
    high-elves-leaked.jpeg

Farangu on
  • Options
    So... Phoenix Guard are getting an upgrade?

I gotta say, riding self-roasting turkeys for a living doesn't seem like a long term survival plan….

• Options
    I think Lothern Sea Guard are getting upgraded. They pulled the box from the GW site.

• Options
    While they're at it can they fix the hands on all elf spearmen? Like a pack of sausages.

• Options
    While they're at it can they redo elf spearmen and archers?

FTFY

They just look so at odds to the newer models like White Lions and Phoenix Guard.

This discussion has been closed.