Options

99 pages already for the STEAM thread? Yikes. Go find the new one.

• Options
    kalkal Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    Revelations 2012? BOUGHT.
    Just kidding, it was Rainslick 3.
    Two of my Steam friends own now Revelations 2012. How could this happen!? I I feel that somehow I have failed them.

I've got one so far and it's a PA'er to boot. For shame sir.. For Shame!

kal on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    Meet the Pyro is on the 27th so maybe the sale at that time?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    heenato wrote: »
    Revelations 2012? BOUGHT.
    Just kidding, it was Rainslick 3.
    Two of my Steam friends own now Revelations 2012. How could this happen!? I I feel that somehow I have failed them.
    Actually, One of them bought it, then forced it on the other.

this is the behavior i've come to expect from PA

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    My phone only half loads the site - can anyone confirm if the indiegala bundle get steam keys?

• Options
    DecoyDecoy Registered User regular
    My phone only half loads the site - can anyone confirm if the indiegala bundle get steam keys?

They all have little Steam icons above them that says "Redeem it on Steam". I'd say you're good.

• Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    Yep, Steam keys for all the games. That's a really good bundle! Commandos, The Void, and Cargo, among others.

• Options
    emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    Oh man, Revelations 2012. Only 50 percent off. Haha.

Watching that just made me feel bad for the creators. Jesus :(

• Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    I thought this was general knowledge by now, but just in case...

Dear Penny Arcade Forum Steam Thread reader,

Are you feeling even slightly interested in Revelations 2012, today's Steam daily deal?
    Please, before committing mental apocalypse:

1. Consider watching the following informative video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzTo6XUiIA4

2. Proceed to avoid that game like The Black Death

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Thanks - guess it's Indie night in the Lohan household since I have a HIB3 code waiting for me to redeem and I'll be buying this batch too. And to be honest, I'll probably cave and buy Rain Slick 3.

• Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    Zeboyd's @rainbowdespair is classy and gave me the gift of only having to pay 5 american dollars for an AAA title.

Looking forward to tonight!

(I forget the other zeybod forumer name but thank you too)

But not you, @sellak . or @tycho

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    oh it's that game. someone posted that video a few days ago... yeahhhh. don't buy that game

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    signature.png
    signature.png

No doubt most people who want these have these already, but they sure did no good sitting in my inventory.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Because I need to even out my karmic scale:

Short contest. Prize is a copy of the new Rainslick game.

Rules are draw me a picture of Sonic the Hedgehog in MS paint and PM it to me.

Contest runs til I wake up, so at least 5 hours from now probably.

Someone else should like, quote this in a couple pages so others can see it, since I'll be asleep and all.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Lord_SnotLord_Snot Живу за выходные American ValhallaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2012
    On the tiny offchance that anyone doesn't have Cthulhu Saves the World and Breath of Death, hit me up on Steam.

I also have three gift passes for RO2, if anyone wants them.

Lord_Snot on
  • Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    TPSou wrote: »
    Anyone know how the Lego Batman 2 port is on the PC? Does it offer any kind of improvements over the console versions?

It looks great and runs really smoothly so that's the normal pc improvement. The game is amazing fun and also costs less than half what it costs on console.

steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    I thought this was general knowledge by now, but just in case...

Dear Penny Arcade Forum Steam Thread reader,

Are you feeling even slightly interested in Revelations 2012, today's Steam daily deal?
    Please, before committing mental apocalypse:

1. Consider watching the following informative video.

2. Proceed to avoid that game like The Black Death

His portion starting around 5:40 about how this game even got on Steam makes me mad at Newell.

• Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    I don't think he's fond of Steam.

• Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    SanderJK wrote: »
    signature.png
    signature.png

No doubt most people who want these have these already, but they sure did no good sitting in my inventory.

Thanks! Been entering Steamgifts giveaways for Nuclear Dawn all weekend with no luck.

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Kadoken wrote: »

I don't think he is either, but I also think that doesn't make his point of "just because it's a source game doesn't mean it should get a free pass" any less valid in this case. If Valve wants to troll people, don't do it with the customer's money and in an industry with no return policy.

Donnicton on
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    It's somewhat heartening to see Steamgifts get inundated with Breath of Death and Cthulhu Saves the World.

It means people are buying the crap out of PAA3.

• Options
    and that a lot of people already have experienced their previous games. that speaks well for their market saturation

• Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    Ok so it showed up

Who wants a copy of nukular dawn?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    BigDes wrote: »
    Ok so it showed up

Who wants a copy of nukular dawn?

I'll take one!

Also, in honor of the universe granting me another son, I have seen fit to bring gifts to you all, as gifts have been brought to me.
    Announcing the Charles Wallace / David Bowie annual fun-run Pro-Am Babe With the Power Giveaway!

Enter to win one of two copies of PA Rainslick Precipice Ep3!
    Or the Cthulhu Saves the World/Breath of Death VII combo pack!

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »

I don't think he is either, but I also think that doesn't make his point of "just because it's a source game doesn't mean it should get a free pass" any less valid in this case. If Valve wants to troll people, don't do it with the customer's money and in an industry with no return policy.
    I don't think someone putting a game that doesn't sell very well on sale to increase sales is really "Trolling."

• Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    Question: If I buy extra copies of PAA3, do I continue to get the gift pack per copy, or is it a once off?

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    BigDes wrote: »
    Meet the Pyro is on the 27th so maybe the sale at that time?

Isnt something supposed to happen tonight on adult swim? if MtP is 27th, is tonight more arg BS?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MalakaiusMalakaius KalamazooRegistered User regular
    Also, in honor of the universe granting me another son, I have seen fit to bring gifts to you all, as gifts have been brought to me.

Congrats on the kid! Gonna make him a steam account and stock it with games for when he gets older?

PSN: Malakaius- | Steam: Malakaius Switch: SW-4569-5525-1983
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Question: If I buy extra copies of PAA3, do I continue to get the gift pack per copy, or is it a once off?

I believe the deal applies to each copy, though I am unsure. In the inventory it is listed as "Penny Arcade's on the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 3 Launch Bundle" so I would assume that you get the extra games

Thanks to @bigdes for newcleer dawns!

• Options
    SniperGuy wrote: »

I don't think someone putting a game that doesn't sell very well on sale to increase sales is really "Trolling."

I(and he) were more specifically referring to the fact that the game was even allowed on Steam at all. (Note: the CynicalBrit video was done a good month before it went on sale)

• Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Both previous summer sales started on the last Thursday of June, so it'll probably be the 28th.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    KendrikKendrik Lewisville, TXRegistered User regular
    So, I'm sitting on a Steam copy of The Sims 3 that I accidentally bought (I was getting it for my son and accidentally bought 2). Is there anyone with a specific interest in owning a copy or should I simply set up a Steam Gift for it?

steam_sig.png
    For your own Steam Signature visit https://alabasterslim.com/steam-signatures/
    Guild Wars 2: Kendrik.5984
  • Options
    testsubject23testsubject23 King of No Sleep ZzzzzzzRegistered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »

I(and he) were more specifically referring to the fact that the game was even allowed on Steam at all. (Note: the CynicalBrit video was done a good month before it went on sale)

Do we know how much quality control Valve has for the games that go on Steam? I mean, Bad Rats is on there, so they obviously don't turn away all the crap. Maybe only the crap they don't expect people to buy gets turfed? If so, that's less about quality control and more about sales.
    A game being "bad" is (usually) such a subjective experience that I can see why The Newell may not want to deal with the issue at all.

camo_sig2.png
    Steam: Chaos Introvert | Twitch.tv: Chaos_Introvert | R*SC: Chaos_Introvert | PSN: testsubject23
  • Options
    testsubject23testsubject23 King of No Sleep ZzzzzzzRegistered User regular
    Kendrik wrote: »
    So, I'm sitting on a Steam copy of The Sims 3 that I accidentally bought (I was getting it for my son and accidentally bought 2). Is there anyone with a specific interest in owning a copy or should I simply set up a Steam Gift for it?

I'd be interested in that. It's one of those games I've wanted to play, but not wanted to buy. :)
    If there's much interest, by all means put up a SteamGift, but if nobody else wants it I'd gladly take it off your hands...

camo_sig2.png
    Steam: Chaos Introvert | Twitch.tv: Chaos_Introvert | R*SC: Chaos_Introvert | PSN: testsubject23
  • Options
    Dire JayDire Jay Registered User regular
    Kendrik wrote: »
    I have interest and would assume others here do as well. Steamgifts are always appropriate I would think.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular

You get the bonus copy of BoD7 and CStW for your first purchase only. More than that would be silly.

signature.png

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    How do you make those box things for the giveaways?

• Options
    IslandIsland Registered User regular
    So lo and behold I log in to Steam and I have nay not ONE but TWO gifts sitting there for me from the classy gent Handgimp. What a lovely surprise. And now I must speak in the tongue of the beast of grimdark!

dnuorg leef regnol on I ,dnuoba gnivig eht htiw rof ;dnuos dna efas peels nac I won ,dnuora lla slag dna stneg yssalc

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    KendrikKendrik Lewisville, TXRegistered User regular
    Okay, since there were a few folks interested in this, here it is. Enjoy!

signature.png

steam_sig.png
    For your own Steam Signature visit https://alabasterslim.com/steam-signatures/
    Guild Wars 2: Kendrik.5984
  • Options

I believe the deal applies to each copy, though I am unsure. In the inventory it is listed as "Penny Arcade's on the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 3 Launch Bundle" so I would assume that you get the extra games

Thanks to @bigdes for newcleer dawns!

you get the bonus games when you add ep3 to your account and you can only do that once. I assume that the giftee would receive all 3 but I haven't been able to test yet.

This discussion has been closed.