As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wrestling Thread] When in doubt, Hornswoggle

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    I don't like AJ

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    A Bryan/Christian series would be pretty good. Bryan could help lift the IC belt while putting on a bunch of great matches.

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    would love for anyone to take the US title off Santino

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Radius wrote: »
    How do we make Ziggler and Bryan wrestle again? Because that series of matches is still soooo good.

Flip Ziggler. I wish they would.

Not because I'd rather him be a face, but since heels can't wrestle each other (hurf durf) it means we can't see him up against Bryan/Rhodes/Del Rio, etc., until he does.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »
    Radius wrote: »
    How do we make Ziggler and Bryan wrestle again? Because that series of matches is still soooo good.

Flip Ziggler. I wish they would.

Not because I'd rather him be a face, but since heels can't wrestle each other (hurf durf) it means we can't see him up against Bryan/Rhodes/Del Rio, etc., until he does.

insert comment here about how Orton's not really a face but fought heels all of last year

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    So

I knew Cena would win but

Did he really need to win

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    So

I knew Cena would win but

Did he really need to win

Out of the group that was involved last night, probably.

Miz would be the only guy there I would have given it to over Cena.

Show and Kane are boring and I don't think Jericho is going to be around for that much longer.

Still, I didn't take Cena in the pick em because I'm stupid and assumed Punk would enter himself after he dropped the belt...whoops.

Maximum on
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Andrew McManus has taken over control of W*ANG! He sent an e-mail saying we have his full support.

“We are currently at a Small level, at 12% image. Currently, we are a financially solid company. Overall i would say you are doing an average job.”

According to the editor this guy prefers characters which fits our style so far but his talent is 25. I don't know how somebody who acts as the owner without effecting the booking can really effect the product but fuck.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Who gives a shit about the Miz

He hasn't given anything for me to give a shit about him

So yeah I guess that makes sense

Was it a good match to watch at least? Seems fat guy heavy.

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    A briefcase is mine! Expect many fake runins, swerve moments, until I finally cash it in!

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    Who gives a shit about the Miz

He hasn't given anything for me to give a shit about him

So yeah I guess that makes sense

Was it a good match to watch at least? Seems fat guy heavy.

It was pretty good, considering Big Show was buried under 20 ladders for 70% of the match. Not as good as the Smackdown MITB match, but still.

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Does the MitB contract have any stipulations for DQ or Count-out for the match it guarantees? I'm just thinking of Cena trying to cash in honorably and then having AJ run to the ring to save CM Punk and screw Cena out of the title.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    edited July 2012
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    it seems Punk tried to cash-in on Edge in 2009, but Umaga stopped him twice

he got to keep the briefcase, though... and finally cashed it in later for the belt

maybe it was because the match never started I guess

Xehalus on
  • Options
    KurnDerakKurnDerak Registered User regular
    Bah, thought this week was the 100th episode, I got all set up just to find NCIS starting.

Really, I think there is only one GM left that would seriously make me squeal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbKAnyQ7Jt4

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Would taking on the responsibility of the next thread be a stupid thing to add to me already running this thread's newest most cyborg filled feature AND carrying my team's MitB briefcase? Yes and I'm going to do it anway.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Would taking on the responsibility of the next thread be a stupid thing to add to me already running this thread's newest most cyborg filled feature AND carrying my team's MitB briefcase? Yes and I'm going to do it anway.

Doooo itttt

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »
    Xehalus wrote: »
    will never give up on D Bry

I have no idea where he goes from here.

The lack of faces means he's going to get squashed by Brodus/Ryback, or maybe him and Rey can work together for a couple ppv's.

Other than that...I got nothing.

They'll probably toss him in a #1 contender feud with somebody.

• Options
    Xehalus wrote: »
    it seems Punk tried to cash-in on Edge in 2009, but Umaga stopped him twice

he got to keep the briefcase, though... and finally cashed it in later for the belt

maybe it was because the match never started I guess

Didn't that happen a lot with Miz before he finally successfully cashed in on Orton?

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Cena tweeted/Touted that he has a big announcement about his briefcase tonight. Guess they're getting started with the SS feud asap.

• Options
    SpoochSpooch Registered User regular
    Maybe he'll cash it in at the 1000th

Assuming direct control O-O
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    Cena tweeted/Touted that he has a big announcement about his briefcase tonight. Guess they're getting started with the SS feud asap.

he's gonna poop in it and use it as a gross weapon

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    I wonder if it could possibly be as big as his announcement of placing himself in the Raw MitB match. I hope all of his future big announcements are Cena putting himself in matches he doesn't have the power to put himself in but was already in.

• Options
    KurnDerak wrote: »
    I wonder if it could possibly be as big as his announcement of placing himself in the Raw MitB match. I hope all of his future big announcements are Cena putting himself in matches he doesn't have the power to put himself in but was already in.

Except that the contract he won pretty much does give him the power to put himself in a match, in this case for the WWE title.

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Cena will announce he's going to defy all the odds and challenge for the Divas championship.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Cena will announce he's going to defy all the odds and challenge for the Divas championship.

Wins via rollup

• Options
    I'd love it if Regal was GM

• Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular

Wins via rollup

:^:

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    I'm calling it now, wild shenanigans happen during the main event.

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Loses to Layla countering the AA with a victory roll. This leads to the rematch where he counters the victory roll by dropping to his knees mid move.
    Rubber match is a steel cage.
    Somehow Bob Backlund.

Wins via rollup

Quality!

Dyvim Tvar on
  • Options
    Brock/Punk feud. Thoughts?

• Options
    MichelanvaloMichelanvalo Registered User regular
    Andrew McManus has taken over control of W*ANG! He sent an e-mail saying we have his full support.

“We are currently at a Small level, at 12% image. Currently, we are a financially solid company. Overall i would say you are doing an average job.”

According to the editor this guy prefers characters which fits our style so far but his talent is 25. I don't know how somebody who acts as the owner without effecting the booking can really effect the product but fuck.

How are you getting ring announcers and refs and other staff to join you? They all refuse to talk to me.

• Options
    would prefer a Rock/Punk feud

• Options
    Was it too much to hope Big Show would just sort of fade away after last night........

• Options
    MichelanvaloMichelanvalo Registered User regular
    Ahahaha, Big Show rules.

• Options
    SarcasmoBlasterSarcasmoBlaster Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    If we end up with Big Show vs. Punk at Summerslam I will shoot myself in the crotch with a shotgun.

• Options

How are you getting ring announcers and refs and other staff to join you? They all refuse to talk to me.

I'm running a small level promotion and offer them tens of thousands of dollars a month.

We're $97,000 in the red so far and we've only had one show.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Going to watch my first live Raw in--I don't know, a long time.
    I expect them to bend over backwards to amaze me.

• Options
    Is Big Show dropping pipe bombs about the John Cena World Championship?

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Yea, they are pushing for a big Cena/Punk feud with Cena over shadowing everyone, even the champion.

This discussion has been closed.