As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wrestling Thread] When in doubt, Hornswoggle

• Options
    MichelanvaloMichelanvalo Registered User regular
    Andrew McManus has taken over control of W*ANG! He sent an e-mail saying we have his full support.

“We are currently at a Small level, at 12% image. Currently, we are a financially solid company. Overall i would say you are doing an average job.”

According to the editor this guy prefers characters which fits our style so far but his talent is 25. I don't know how somebody who acts as the owner without effecting the booking can really effect the product but fuck.

How are you getting ring announcers and refs and other staff to join you? They all refuse to talk to me.

I'm running a small level promotion and offer them tens of thousands of dollars a month.

We're $97,000 in the red so far and we've only had one show.

Man, I get "<So and So> Refuses to Talk To You"

Granted, I'm running Backyard. So maybe that's the problem.

Can you run shows without a staff?

• Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    Could R-Truth, Kofi and Little Jimmy defend the titles using the Freebird rule?

Because that'd be awesome

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Andrew McManus has taken over control of W*ANG! He sent an e-mail saying we have his full support.

“We are currently at a Small level, at 12% image. Currently, we are a financially solid company. Overall i would say you are doing an average job.”

According to the editor this guy prefers characters which fits our style so far but his talent is 25. I don't know how somebody who acts as the owner without effecting the booking can really effect the product but fuck.

How are you getting ring announcers and refs and other staff to join you? They all refuse to talk to me.

I'm running a small level promotion and offer them tens of thousands of dollars a month.

Yes but you can't write angles without a writer and can't book matches without a referee. I'm sure you can't even start a show without somebody on production.

Try using the search criteria to find somebody with <10 talent?

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    KurnDerakKurnDerak Registered User regular
    A tag match for the pre-show, a tag match mid PPV, and the tag title match is starting off tonight?

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Prime Time Playas are the best money themed tag team since Million Doller Man and IRS.
    I said it.

Of course the only other team I can think of is All Money is Legal, and they were terrible.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    And the Prime Time Players will lose all 3.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    first time I saw Darren Young (back when he had the super saiyan hair) I thought he was Cena in makeup for a second

Xehalus on
  • Options

Yes but you can't write angles without a writer and can't book matches without a referee. I'm sure you can't even start a show without somebody on production.

Nobody with that level exists. What determines what ceiling of talent you can hire?

• Options
    Xehalus wrote: »
    first time I saw Darren Young (back when he had the super saiyan hair) I thought he was Cena in makeup for a second

And so did everyone else. Has anyone in the company ever commented on that?

• Options
    "Tonight the Prime Time Players will be playing the role of the LAPD."

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    I believe it's a combination of size and image.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    How the hell does AW not get his mic cut off after that LAPD comment?

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Radius wrote: »
    And the Prime Time Players will lose all 3.

Psychic.

• Options

Nobody with that level exists. What determines what ceiling of talent you can hire?

The size and public image of your company. Ask Sophie about it in the meeting and she'll give you your current limit. Right now I can only hire people under 40% talent.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    I don't think AW understands how this distracting the ref thing is supposed to work. Or is he just about to swerve on the PTP. I think both are about even.

• Options
    SarcasmoBlasterSarcasmoBlaster Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    Hmm, are we getting the beginning of a DB face turn?

• Options
    NO! NO! NO!

• Options
    Really, who thought the video equivalent of twitter was the best option? Or was the thought "Youtube is big, Twitter is big, combining them will be bigger!"

• Options
    SpoochSpooch Registered User regular
    Oh jesus christ this Tout thing is gonna be driven down our throats isn't it

Assuming direct control O-O
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    ADR must have lost his car at the tables.

• Options
    Poor Zack Ryder, I guess it is your turn to get fed to Del Rio.

• Options
    http://www.tout.com/

the front page was wrestlers on it

so probably

• Options
    A Daniel Bryan face turn will be worth it if only for The Final Countdown.

Also, I'm predicting that Tout will be dead by the end of the year.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Whoever developed Tout probably threw a bunch of money at the WWE and are banking their success on this.

• Options
    haha Riley trying to pull a Ryder on Tout

• Options
    WWE is early adopting on Tout in an attempt to be ahead of the curve on social media. As usual, the complaints will be more annoying than the actual result.

• Options
    Also, pretty annoyed to see Ryder getting squashed by ADR again.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    REY REY

• Options
    edited July 2012
    whoa, really? They didn't save him for next week or even tomorrow? Wow.

Goose! on
  • Options
    BOOYAKAHA!

• Options
    Wooo I guess??

• Options
    SarcasmoBlasterSarcasmoBlaster Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    KurnDerak wrote: »
    Really, who thought the video equivalent of twitter was the best option? Or was the thought "Youtube is big, Twitter is big, combining them will be bigger!"

It's like something that came out a think tank comprised solely of 50 year-old white men. Aka right in Vince's wheelhouse.

SarcasmoBlaster on
  • Options
    I didn't expect to be happy to see Rey, but a Rey/Del Rio feud is needed. That, and he saved the Ryder.

• Options
    Zack Ryder is the next Brooklyn Brawler

• Options
    rusty.jpg

"I'm the one man baaaaand baby! WHOO!"

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Hahah Heath Slater is quite hilarious

• Options
    I love Slater.

• Options
    Hahahaha, I suddenly love Heath Slater. Well, more than just the butt of the returning legends joke now.

• Options
    Ahaha, that was a great little package for Slater. I like what they're doing with him. His one man band shit is dumb, but the rest around it is great.

• Options
    That promo was exactly what Heath Slater needed.

This discussion has been closed.