As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Steam Thread: Is saying it has begun too cliché? Because it has begun

HunteraHuntera Rude BoyRegistered User regular
edited July 2012 in Social Entropy++
47-steam-logo.jpg

Nerds it's almost That time of year: when the days are long, the prices low, and the special cheevos come out in full force.

That's right it's almost time for the

Steam Summer Sale!!!!

tYkh4.jpg

And I figured we outta have a thread up by the time it rolls around.

Oh by the way the new Penny-Arcade game came out today (June 25th) so buy that it's $5.

Huntera on

• Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    This Thursday, it begins.

jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    oh shiiiiiiiit

• Options
    alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    The humble bundle V will hold me through these tribulations. It will, I know it. It will, it has to.

xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    Wheeeeee. I think I only spent $15 during the Christmas sale, but I don't think I'll do as well this time :P

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    hey so dxtory is a great fucking program for all your recording video of computer games needs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZXhG2JOiaA

throwing that out there

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    seriously who does Gabe Newe££ even think he is calling this a "sale"

its just him taking all our $$$

its practically robbery

how am I supposed to say no to these prices

• Options
    SenorTacosSenorTacos Registered User regular
    Wait, we have official word of the seal coming up soon?

• Options
    MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    My body is swelling with anticipation

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    A note for anyone who plays the new Penny-Arcade game and has a fightstick, they work natively in the game and I gotta tell ya it's nice to be able to play with one hand.

• Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Maybe I will finally get SF:AE now that the sale is here

Then I can play with gary

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Huntera wrote: »
    A note for anyone who plays the new Penny-Arcade game and has a fightstick, they work natively in the game and I gotta tell ya it's nice to be able to play with one hand.

do you really think the freemuter is that sexy?

• Options
    alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    Huntera wrote: »

:winky:

xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    It starts Thursday? Sigh.

At least I have some disposable income this go round. Hook mah peeps wit dem games.

58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    I cannot wait until the steam summer sales begins.

Also, I will be buying the new PA game.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Woo, can't wait. I'm gonna have to be very selective in what I buy.

Totally snagging A Valley Without Wind if it goes on sale, though. That game is weird.

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    I'll probably end up missing most of the sale sitting on beaches in the middle of the Pacific.

It's probably for the best.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    I probably won't buy anything in the summer sale either. I have too many games as it is and despite my large wishlist there really aren't all that many games I really want, just ones I'm kind of interested in.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Yeah, there aren't actually a ton of gamss I'm wanting. But there are a few. I'll probably snag A Valley Without Wind, the Wadjet Eye games if they go on sale, and other indie stuff. Can't really think of any big-name games that I currently am dying to have.

• Options
    WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    the new penny arcade game is out?! And it's only 5 dollars? And they made it 4 euro for me instead of following the usual 1:1 conversion?

These are so many good things! Merry christmas, everyone who doesn't know what day it is!

4SMZq.jpg
  • Options
    I really hope crysis 2 goes on supersale during summer because I am very curious about it but not full price curious

4SMZq.jpg
  • Options
    I'm gonna say that Crysis 2 is not worth the full price. Maybe not even worth half-price.

• Options
    Moriveth wrote: »
    I'm gonna say that Crysis 2 is not worth the full price. Maybe not even worth half-price.

I hear it's not bad, exactly, it's just not as good as the first one. I did hear the multiplayer was balls though.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    oh man

oh geez

i'm not ready for a steam sale!

• Options
    To be fair I played it on the 360, and that game seems like it's best played on PC.

Still, I found the actual gameplay pretty dull.

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Steam Sale? Ack!

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    Moriveth wrote: »
    To be fair I played it on the 360, and that game seems like it's best played on PC.

Still, I found the actual gameplay pretty dull.

Well you know more than I do, you actually played it while I just read what other people said.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Dubh wrote: »
    Steam Sale? Ack!

Whoa now Cathy, calm down

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    I probably wont be able to buy much this year. Oh, right, I should call your boss again.

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    I never got far in Crysis. I've done the first areas over and over throughout the years it's been out because the open map and the various ways I could handle those camps and whatnot is very fun, but then I kinda burn out and put it down and start over the next time. I hear there's aliens or something? I never saw one!

Did you not feel like there were a lot of options in how you could handle the areas in 2, Mori? If anything I'd be worried about being "in the middle of the action" too often. I am a huge fan of enemies not knowing I am there yet and such so I can plan

4SMZq.jpg
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    It'll be fun to watch a Steam Summer Sale go by while I have a budget of $0 for video games

• Options
    Vaguely LightningproofVaguely Lightningproof Registered User regular
    When you think about it.

I don't really need to eat.

• Options
    Wimble wrote: »
    Did you not feel like there were a lot of options in how you could handle the areas in 2, Mori? If anything I'd be worried about being "in the middle of the action" too often. I am a huge fan of enemies not knowing I am there yet and such so I can plan

Oh, there were options. I dunno, I just felt kinda... Bored with whatever I picked. Sneaking up on a dude, going in guns blazing, etc. Maybe I'm just not a fan of that kind of game anymore.

Crysis 3 does look interesting though, I'll give it that.

• Options
    When you think about it.

Food's just future weight you haven't lost yet, fatty.

58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    Macro9 wrote: »
    When you think about it.

Food's just future weight you haven't lost yet, fatty.

Future fatty

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    It'll be fun to watch a Steam Summer Sale go by while I have a budget of $0 for video games

Add me playa

http://steamcommunity.com/id/macronine

I feel a Steam sale giftening coming.

Or it may just be a penis parade game reckoning. That doesn't even make sense to me.

58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    Macro9 wrote: »
    MrMonroe wrote: »

Add me playa

http://steamcommunity.com/id/macronine

I feel a Steam sale giftening coming.

Or it may just be a penis parade game reckoning. That doesn't even make sense to me.

I will prepare my body for both eventualities

• Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Vann Diras wrote: »
    oh man

oh geez

i'm not ready for a steam sale!

I'm never ready for a Steam sale.

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I just bought Precipice, and I've already got Breath of Death/Cthulhu

the first person to send me a PM will get them

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    I think about the only thing that would tempt me is Grimrock. Maybe SpaceChem.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    I just beat Limbo today

I celebrated by going to Wikipedia to read more about what I just played

All in all, beautiful game and quite fun.

This discussion has been closed.