As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dr. Henry Pym: Bad-Ass Supreme

ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday ArmadilloI'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
edited July 2012 in Social Entropy++
DR. HENRY PYM: BAD-ASS SUPREME

321px-Henry_Pym_%28Earth-616%29_001.jpg

So this thread, right here, is to talk about the craziest mother fucker you’ve ever heard of in all of everything forever. I’m talking about Dr. Henry Pym, or as some may know him, “Ant-Man.” How you should know him is Bad-Ass Supreme. He sees a problem and than solves it. But he'll also create four more problems during his solution and than solve those too. Because when the Pym rolls up the universe itself can't handle all that power.

What does he do? Crazy. When he wakes up in the morning he takes a long shower of crazy and eats a solid breakfast of crazy with a side of crazy-o’s. But in a more detailed manner he does science, fucking bitchin’ science. That drunk Tony Stark? He does science to solve practical problems, psshhh…. And Reed Richards? He does it to explore, like a child would. But our boy Pym? He does it just to do it, no fuss or muss. He’s a scientist because science is awesome, period.

What else does he do? He gets big and stomps on dudes, because why the fuck not!?! He also gets small and throws guys around, cause he can do that too. You in a locked room? He’ll just rip the ceiling off it or maybe crawl through the key hole or maybe he’ll just invent a de-roomifier and than you are straight fucked.

He also controls ants and insects. Why? You got me but they ring his bell something mightier.

And mentioning ringing bells, he’s hooked up with the Wasp. Who’s she? Doesn’t matter. All you have to know is when he isn’t being depicted hitting her or her cheating on him, they go on adventures (because adventures solve all problems ever).

Sometimes he builds super advanced robots that go on to almost take over the country, world, galaxy, ect... It happens to the best of us and mad props to Pym because when was the last time you did anything that grand? That's right!

So, some people want this guy to have a movie. They want him up on the screen with Iron Man, Captain America and Thor. Obviously his film would be a hard R rating and pull in the billions. Some people want him to be played by some brown coat horror writer:

custom_1293849134009_nathan-fillion-ant-man-the-avengers-cast.jpg

This author? This author wants a mentalist to do it:

Simon+Baker+Ant-Man.jpg

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

So don't mess with the Pym, or this could be you!

tumblr_lc86p07s1f1qa27aa.jpg

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
Zonugal on

• Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    i have a mega crush on Lizzy Caplan so it's cool that she is doing a marvel short

well thanks for coming to my TED talk

• Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    oh hello thread zonugal clearly made for his bro tlb

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Heard it said that Hank Pym is the man who God made to be a super-villain who just refuses to knuckle down and take it.

I mean, if he went with it, he could be the Avengers's enemy #1 pretty easy. Ultron's probably in the spot now, and that's his kid.

But no. He's going to be a superhero if it kills him, and everyone else in the tri-state area.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Is this thread's timing because of that whole (POTENTIAL MAJOR SPOILER AHEAD)
    Iron-Man 3 rumor?

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I love Nathan Fillion as an actor, but I don't see him as Hank Pym at all

he'd look terrible as a blond

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Probably its more because they shot test footage for Ant man.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    now, if I was casting hank pym, i'd pick ben affleck

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Charlie Sheen as Henry Pym

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Also Pym took on the superhero persona of his dead wife, who was killed by a combination of aliens and a god, hooked up with his robot creation's robot daughter that has the same brain waves as his dead wife, then went about boning his robot granddaughter/dead wife brain clone in an infinite mansion that existed in the eyeball of his dead wife who was now an actuall entire other dimension.

Weaver on
  • Options
    no fuck that

see ben affleck is perfect as pym

just, think about it for a second now

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    Chris Brown should play Hank Pym

More authentic that way

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    oh hello thread zonugal clearly made for his bro tlb

Psh...

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Pym is just

fucking

hardcore

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    You know, if the movie falls through, I would totally watch a Pym family sitcom.

Hank and Jan and Ultron and Jocasta and Victor Mancha, maybe The Vision and Alkheema.

Aaron Stack could be the alcoholic neighbor. It'd be grand!

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Knob wrote: »
    Chris Brown should play Hank Pym

More authentic that way

if we're doing this then Nic Cage would be the perfect Hank Pym

• Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »
    Also Pym took on the superhero persona of his dead wife, who was killed by a combination of aliens and a god, hooked up with his robot creation's robot daughter that has the same brain waves as his dead wife, then went about boning his robot granddaughter/dead wife brain clone in an infinite mansion that existed in the eyeball of his dead wife who was now an actuall entire other dimension.

The Aristocrats vs X-Men Vol #1

• Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    Oh oh

Steven segal

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    You know, if the movie falls through, I would totally watch a Pym family sitcom.

Hank and Jan and Ultron and Jocasta and Victor Mancha, maybe The Vision and Alkheema.

Aaron Stack could be the alcoholic neighbor. It'd be grand!

i've never once heard of alkhema before

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    is this the new avengers/marvel comics thread?

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    Heard it said that Hank Pym is the man who God made to be a super-villain who just refuses to knuckle down and take it.

I mean, if he went with it, he could be the Avengers's enemy #1 pretty easy. Ultron's probably in the spot now, and that's his kid.

But no. He's going to be a superhero if it kills him, and everyone else in the tri-state area.

I've always loved this way of looking at it

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    john cena

• Options
    Hullis wrote: »
    john cena

You're a dead man.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I don't like either choice in the OP suck it nerds

• Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    edited July 2012
    We haven't been allowed comic-book threads for a while now. You guys can use the Spider-Man or Batman movie threads for that, we don't need 3 of these.

Bogey on
    Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
This discussion has been closed.