As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chaos] CitOW Game 85 - In doldari's 9th Old World, who will be able to destroy it?

• Options
    StyyxStyyx Registered User regular
    Terror In the Border Princes, moving an acolyte to Bretonnia

4/7 PP

• Options
    mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
  • Options
    doldaridoldari Registered User regular
    Round 3-3. Summon Phases

game85state31.png

- Old World Card Effects
    Greenskins Invade - While this Old World card remains in play, each player battling in a region containing an Event token may roll only one battle die, in total, per battle phase. If some of a player's battle dice have different capabilities than others, each player may choose which of his battle dice to roll.

- Upgrade Effects
    Bloodthirster - Once per round during the summoning phase, you may summon a Bloodthirster for 0 power into a region that contains six or more corruption tokens once per round.
    Mystical Disregard - Once per round, you may play a Chaos card on top of an opponent's Chaos card, canceling its effect. The card you play must have power equal to or greater than the card you cover.
    Daemonettes - When you summon a Daemonette into a region, you may take control of an opponent's Cultist in that region until the end of the turn. (Place the Cultist next to the Daemonette as a reminder.)
    Clan Rats - When you summon a Clan Rat into a region where you do not currently have any Clan Rats, you may summon one additional Clan Rat to that region for 0 power.

- Chaos Card Effects
    Norsca : Daemonic Subtlety - 0 - Your Warriors and Greater Daemons in this region each place one corruption during the corruption phase.
    The Empire : Quicken Decay - 1 - When an opponent summons a figure to or from this region, score one victory point. and Strength in Numbers - 1 - If you have more figures than any one other player in this region, the defense value of your figures is increased by one.
    Estalia : Hate - 1 - When you play this card, move any number of figures in this region onto this card. Figures on this card cannot be moved out of this region.
    Tilea : Virulent Outbreak - 0 - This region is considered Populous. and Skitterleap - 0 - If you dominate this region, you may immediately move any number of your figures from this region to one adjacent region.
    The Badlands : Glean - 0 - This region is considered adjacent to all other regions.

@SaberOverEasy active.

• Options
    SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    Acolyte from Troll Country to Badlands

2/6 PP

• Options
    BelfastBelfast Penguins PenguinsRegistered User regular
    Ascension to Power (M) to The Badlands

0/6 PP. time for some beauty sleep

aka "Mr Gold-in-Bean-Field"
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Round 3-3. Summon Phases

game85state32.png

- Old World Card Effects
    Greenskins Invade - While this Old World card remains in play, each player battling in a region containing an Event token may roll only one battle die, in total, per battle phase. If some of a player's battle dice have different capabilities than others, each player may choose which of his battle dice to roll.

- Upgrade Effects
    Bloodthirster - Once per round during the summoning phase, you may summon a Bloodthirster for 0 power into a region that contains six or more corruption tokens once per round.
    Mystical Disregard - Once per round, you may play a Chaos card on top of an opponent's Chaos card, canceling its effect. The card you play must have power equal to or greater than the card you cover.
    Daemonettes - When you summon a Daemonette into a region, you may take control of an opponent's Cultist in that region until the end of the turn. (Place the Cultist next to the Daemonette as a reminder.)
    Clan Rats - When you summon a Clan Rat into a region where you do not currently have any Clan Rats, you may summon one additional Clan Rat to that region for 0 power.

- Chaos Card Effects
    Norsca : Daemonic Subtlety - 0 - Your Warriors and Greater Daemons in this region each place one corruption during the corruption phase.
    The Empire : Quicken Decay - 1 - When an opponent summons a figure to or from this region, score one victory point. and Strength in Numbers - 1 - If you have more figures than any one other player in this region, the defense value of your figures is increased by one.
    Estalia : Hate - 1 - When you play this card, move any number of figures in this region onto this card. Figures on this card cannot be moved out of this region.
    Tilea : Virulent Outbreak - 0 - This region is considered Populous. and Skitterleap - 0 - If you dominate this region, you may immediately move any number of your figures from this region to one adjacent region.
    The Badlands : Glean - 0 - This region is considered adjacent to all other regions. and Ascension to Power - 2 - If you dominate this region, you may immediately place a Cultist or Warrior in this region.

Slaanesh rest.
    @Flimflammery active.

doldari on
  • Options
    FlimflammeryFlimflammery There's always money in the banana stand... Oxford, UKRegistered User regular
    Two Clan Rats to Tilea.

5/8 PP

• Options
    edited August 2012
    Lambs to the Slaughter in Bretonnia.

Grabbing a Leper from the Empire, an Acolyte from the Border Princes, a Clanrat from Tilea, and a mind controlled Slaanesh Acolyte from The Badlands

2/7 PP

Styyx on
  • Options
    Not Ferdinand! :shock:

• Options
    FlimflammeryFlimflammery There's always money in the banana stand... Oxford, UKRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    It's all right, I think Ferdinand is safe! Khorne can't grab him because the Badlands aren't adjacent to Bretonnia.

@Styyx @Belfast

Flimflammery on
  • Options
    It's all right, I think Ferdinand is safe! Khorne can't grab him because the Badlands aren't adjacent to Bretonnia.

@Styyx @Belfast

Glean makes it adjacent though, right?

• Options
    Ohhhh *facepalm*

Ignore this rat, he is an idiot... Farewell Ferdinand!

• Options
    mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
    Styyx wrote: »
    Lambs to the Slaughter in Bretonnia.

Grabbing a Leper from the Empire, an Acolyte from the Border Princes, a Clanrat from Tilea, and a mind controlled Slaanesh Acolyte from The Badlands

2/7 PP

+1 VP

Leper to The Empire, 1/6 PP

• Options
    Bolt of Change to Border Princes.

No effect. 2/6 PP

• Options
    edited August 2012
    Round 3-3. Summon Phases

game85state33.png

- Old World Card Effects

- Upgrade Effects

- Chaos Card Effects
    The Badlands : Glean - 0 - This region is considered adjacent to all other regions. and Ascension to Power - 2 - If you dominate this region, you may immediately place a Cultist or Warrior in this region.

Slaanesh rest.
    @Flimflammery active.

doldari on
  • Options
    Clan Rat from Tilea to the Empire.

4/8 PP

+1 VP

• Options
    edited August 2012
    Bloodsworn to Bretonnia

1/7 PP

Styyx on
  • Options
    Styyx wrote: »
    Bloodsworn to Bretonnia

1/7 PP

I think bloodsworn from Troll Country.

• Options
    edited August 2012
    Round 3-3. Summon Phases

game85state34.png

- Old World Card Effects

- Upgrade Effects

- Chaos Card Effects

Slaanesh rest.
    @mi-go hunter active.

doldari on
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    acolyte from Brettonia to Badlands

1/6 PP

• Options
    edited August 2012
    Woops nm

Styyx on
  • Options
    Two Clan Rats to Tilea.

3/8 PP

• Options
    edited August 2012
    Bloodsworn from Troll Country to the Border Princes

0/7 PP

Styyx on
  • Options
    Convocation to Border Princes (mystically disregarding terror).

Move Horror and Acolyte from Norsca.

0/6 PP

Finish us off HR.

• Options
    I was expecting a Convocation in there, I must admit. Not much I can do about it though, I guess. Don't want to risk domination in the Empire, or give Nurgle any more free VP. So, without further ado:

Clan Rat to Tilea
    Clan Rat to Tilea from Bretonnia
    Clan Rat to Tilea from the Border Princes

0/8 PP and rest.

Battle phase:

Kislev: 2 dice
    The Empire: 1 die
    Bretonnia: 2 dice
    Estalia: 4 dice
    Tilea: 1 die
    The Border Princes: 2 dice, 1 die
    The Badlands: 1 die

• Options
    edited August 2012
    Kislev: 1 Hit, Killing 1 Seductress
    The Empire: 0 Hits
    Bretonnia: 1 Hit, Killing a leper
    Estalia: 3 Hits, Killing everything
    The Border Princes: 3 Hits, Killing 3 Acolytes

Styyx on
  • Options
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Round 3-4. Battle Phases

game85state35.png

- Old World Card Effects

- Upgrade Effects

- Chaos Card Effects

Battle Dice
    Kislev : 2 Dice
    The Empire : 1 dice(Greenskins Invade)
    Bretonnia : 2 Dice
    Estalia : 4 Dice
    Tilea : 1 Dice(Greenskins Invade)
    The Border Princes : 2 Dice, 1 Dice
    The Badlands : 1 Dice

doldari on
  • Options
    @SaberOverEasy and @Belfast - there's rolling to be done! ;-)

• Options
    edited August 2012
    *rolls down a hill* What a rush!

one dead acolytes I WIN!

(do I win?)

Belfast on
  • Options
    After two turns where EVERYTHING that was possible to go wrong has, I wouldn't expect anything less.

One hit. Whack a bloodsworn.

• Options
    edited August 2012
    At least khorne only has 4 DACs

Belfast on
  • Options
    Belfast wrote: »
    At least khorne only has 4 DACs

I'm not sure that makes me feel any better. 8->

• Options
    edited August 2012
    If I summon a daemonette with ascension to power, do I get to control an acolyte for a fraction of turn 3 or the whole of turn 4?

Essentially, when does the model for ascension get placed? I assume at the end of the end phase where "Resolve all remaining unresolved chaos cards" [paraphrased], but it could trigger when domination has happened/is happening in the corruption phase. Essentially I want to know if it's possible to actually stop tzeentch from getting any DACs. Not that I will, because I'm nice, but it's good to have leverage.

Belfast on
  • Options
    Having spent a decent amount of time trying to figure this out for that EXACT reason, as far as I can tell, you get to place as soon as you dominate.

Which would let you toss down another demonette and take control of one of the acolyte during the corruption phase.

• Options
    edited August 2012
    Thus denying you a DAC? Hmm, interesting... very interesting

Belfast on
  • Options
    I think we need some sort of ruling or vote (we're a democratic pantheon of Gods right?)

• Options
    One God, one vote.

Harsh as it is, I think that ruling makes sense; the FAQ states that the terms 'place', 'summon', and 'move' are essentially interchangeable, so I would say that the 'placing' of the Daemonette that results from Ascension to Power is equivalent to the 'summoning' of a Daemonette that triggers the upgrade's special ability.

So, in short, yes, I believe that Slaanesh is able to control one of Tzeentch's acolytes in the Badlands from the Domination step of this turn until the end of the turn, meaning it would place 1 Slaanesh corruption token and that Tzeentch would be denied a DAC this turn should Slaanesh choose to exercise this power. It's not obligatory, mind...