As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

advice you would give to yourself in the past

• Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    But if you hadn't made that mistake, then you wouldn't have learned it was a mistake? That's how I feel about my errors, at least, for me personally.

I mean. Unless its like. I accidentally murder someone, then I'd def go into the past and be all hey now don't do that handsmack

• Options
    for instance, if I hadn't ruined my cashmere sweater by going pffft dryclean only fuck that shit that is a fucking myth Ive never had a problem before..

then I just would have ruined some other dry-clean only thing, but now I know

that is not a myth

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    there are things I could have done better but ultimately if things hadn't gone the way they had I am unsure of who i'd be and I'd rather stick with a known quantity

• Options
    i really miss that sweater.....

• Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    Just... just tell him you love him. For goodness sake. Tell him you love him more than anything else, Chico.

Because he'll be gone one day.

He'll be gone because he posted his beautiful balls for everyone to see.

I love you

• Options
    As7As7 Registered User regular
    Fucking relax!

XBOX Live: Arsenic7
    Secret Satan
  • Options
    ZoelZoel I suppose... I'd put it on Registered User regular
    i would advise myself to not time travel into the past to give myself bad advice

It seems like a reasonable way to mess with my head

A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.
  • Options
    would you make out with yourself via time travel

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Do your homework

godmode on
  • Options
    -smash-smash Registered User regular
    To myself, present and past: stop being so shy on the Internet!

• Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    Kochikens wrote: »
    But if you hadn't made that mistake, then you wouldn't have learned it was a mistake? That's how I feel about my errors, at least, for me personally.

I mean. Unless its like. I accidentally murder someone, then I'd def go into the past and be all hey now don't do that handsmack

Naw man

I knew not to date a guy with a kid before then

I was just. . . dumb

• Options
    AtheraalAtheraal Registered User regular
    don't lend your pokemon red cart to that guy

he falls through a skylight and dies, and you don't have the balls to go ask his grieving parents for it

• Options
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    Just... just tell him you love him. For goodness sake. Tell him you love him more than anything else, Chico.

Because he'll be gone one day.

He'll be gone because he posted his beautiful balls for everyone to see.

Don't be so dramatic

We saw him (and his balls) 2 weeks ago

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Do your homework, take Spanish instead of French, get out more and play WoW less, cut your hair, get your eyes checked, see someone about your depression before it keeps you down for a month and a half of senior year, and move in with Mom after you graduate. And she's not interested, stop bothering her, take her off the damn pedestal and just be friends.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    beware the monkey's paw, for it carries a powerful curse

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    past me

find the hidden on ramp where the police can't see you when you're flooring it to 140 earlier

it's so much fun

• Options
    jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
    Maaan, all the good games I wish I hadn't lent to people.

Breath of fire IV. I picked that up for £5 in a second hand bin. You can't get a copy now for a non-ridiculous price, and its still by far and away the best JRPG I've ever played.

yu-gi-oh for the PS1. Because that game kicked serious ass, and I never got to actually finish it, an eternal source of regret.

Age of empires 2... I had the fucking sweet collectors edition box, and I lent it to someone, never for it to be seen again.

Yeah mum... Go ahead and throw out that sega master system. Why would I want to play all the awesome games on that when I can be playing sim city 2000 on the PC all day? Silly 8 year old me.

Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    don't trust the skull

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    beware the monkey's paw, for it carries a powerful curse

the curse of smelling really, really alot like indian food

• Options
    CptKemzikCptKemzik Registered User regular
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    Oh, and try weed at least once. I think I'm too old to give it a first shot.

Man there is no age limit to experimenting with cannabis.

I would tell past self to consciously stop slouching back while sitting in chairs, cause eventually you're gonna get a hairy butt that will develop a pilonidal cyst in college that is literally a pain in the ass.

Feel free to GIS that if you want to bear witness to an act of torture.

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Dear past self; that obscure niche game that GnT got really excited about sucks pretty bad, don't buy it.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    tsplittertsplitter Registered User regular
    i would tell me 30 from 30 minutes ago that all i'll get from sacrificing that damsel to Kali is spiked shoes, so just go for the heart

FqmsaJ6.png
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Skeith wrote: »
    Do your homework, take Spanish instead of French, get out more and play WoW less, cut your hair, get your eyes checked, see someone about your depression before it keeps you down for a month and a half of senior year, and move in with Mom after you graduate. And she's not interested, stop bothering her, take her off the damn pedestal and just be friends.

yeah

yeah

except for that last part

those girls that you think aren't flirting with you? no they are, stop being a punk and get the business while you're still young

• Options
    TLHTLH Registered User regular
    Follow your gut.
    Stay well away from your brother.
    Stop idolizing your stepdad, he's charming, but a crook and liar.
    Don't let her go to Yellowstone without you.
    Put actual effort into acting, you've done how many movies? And with what, a picture of you from your sisters wedding as a headshot? Grow the fuck up, if this is what you want, do the work.
    The first kid is not yours.
    If you end up living with her, DO NOT have a gun in the house.
    Actually try to fight to have your kid, instead up being locked up and doing the adoption thing. Fight that bitch, if it really has gotten to this, know she'll be dead in a year from meth anyway. Fight you coward.
    And follow your gut. Your brain trusts too much.

Also, don't see Darjeeling Limited. At least not in theaters.

• Options
    SwillSwill Registered User regular
    Whenever I'm with a pretty girl I go hey are you okay something must not be clicking right up there if you are willing to be around me.

They laugh and I go ahuh yeah that was a pro joke I guess

• Options
    CptKemzikCptKemzik Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    See I never had the problem of failing to pick up on girls' flirtation cues, because the girls I have been involved with were all smart enough to realize that I am braindead at registering those things and that they needed to announce their interest with me in order to do a thing.

CptKemzik on
  • Options
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Skeith wrote: »

yeah

yeah

except for that last part

those girls that you think aren't flirting with you? no they are, stop being a punk and get the business while you're still young

In every other case it would've been good to keep going, but the one I'm thinking of almost broke my nose with a tennis racket when I kept at it. I was terrible at reading people when I was younger.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    hey stupid

that girl that said you're not giving yourself enough credit in the looks department

she's fucking right

and this is yesterday me cause i woke up this morning looked at myself and went damn

i'm pretty good looking, just gotta hit that sweet spot

• Options
    TLHTLH Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Kochikens wrote: »

I'm with you in principle, but some things have gone so wrong any other version would be better by now. And that is a risk I would take.

Also, in theory, as I returned to the current timeline, I would still have learned those lessons.

TLH on
  • Options
    jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
    Oh, forgot about this one

Don't get incredibly wasted in Paris and be involved in a 45 minute prank voicemail message that will end up getting someone hospitalised a week later.

Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
  • Options
    Just remembered-

Make sure when you finish that bar crawl in Montreal to stick George in the bathroom, he'll relive all those shots of tequila about 2 minutes after walking in the door.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    took me about 3 minutes to get the meaning of "stick george in the bathroom" right

• Options
    Bathroom parties are awesome, go look for @Stareosarus sooner in the evening

Leave a pillow in the tub for @Smart Hero

• Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Hey past 10 year old me

It'll be okay. Someday. Sure you should get up and moving, your obesity ain't to do with what you eat you're okay in that department. Give our mum less of a hard time, same with our step-dad you'll realise a little later you really do love him like a father. Hug our sis more, trust me.

Don't fall for underwear models. No shut up stop laughing I mean it. At the very least don't think you can change this one girl you can't. And stop falling for friends, they'll forgive you but they shouldn't for the way you acted once or twice. Also don't regret experimenting with that one dude friend, just handle it better afterwards so you don't lose that friendship.

Stop looking up to our brother. He need gets better he just gets worse, yeah we can agree he got a shitty hand in life but so did a lot of our family and we dealing with it in a mature manner at least. Just learn to call him out on his shit more regularly.

Finally pick the right Sarah dammit. Yeah you'll end up with the one who you'll want to spend the rest of your life with and raise a family but you idiot she was crushing on you months before she got the nerve to give you her number. The other Sarah wasn't bad but that was a good two months you could've spent with someone who actually loves you. Either way don't worry too much, don't be ashamed to let your romantic side out she'll love it and you'll finally find that reason to wake up every morning in her.

And I'm sorry I didn't come back early enough to help with our grandfather. If I did I would have said to hug him more, sneak him a few extra French fries and ask him about his life. All I can say now is visit his grave more often, respect his memory, and ask mum about him. And show grandma how much you love her.

You're smarter than you give yourself credit for, forget those idiots who make you feel bad for that big silly heart of yours, it'll earn you more friends and trust than you could ever imagine.

Now stop being a baby and finish Ocarina of Time. Seriously. I'd like to play that game without being a wuss and I leave this responsibility in your hands.

• Options
    ScudoScudo Registered User regular
    yo, start working out man, ain't nothing to be scared of about exercise.

also don't spend 3 years in an unfulfilling long distance relationship. you're going to college, man, it's time to make friends and explore.

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    Get fluent so you can have a conversation with our grandparents.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Yo younger me, your stupid friends are right about one thing, Nickelback sucks. Also are you waiting for the 50th time for Amanda to flirt with you in class? Ask her out. Also also go easy in that table tennis match with your buddy, unless you want years of pain from a bad knee.
    TheStig wrote: »
    Dear past self; that obscure niche game that GnT got really excited about sucks pretty bad, don't buy it.

?

• Options
    Captain MarcusCaptain Marcus now arrives the hour of actionRegistered User regular
    Stay in touch with the cute British girl that likes you. Please.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    When you get the choice to go to a party with the cute girl at school or go to work because you couldn't get the night off...
    Remember that the job is part time, and temporary, and doesn't pay worth crap.
    Later, after you graduate and have a real job and you run into her by sheer random chance, ask if you can take her out to lunch.

Damn, young me was an idiot.
    I wonder what older me would tell me if I had the chance. Probably much the same with an added helping of "And it wouldn't kill you to ride your bike once in a while...".
    I'm just an idiot in all time periods.

• Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    Maybe don't do so many hallucinogens in college. Sitting on my porch and watching a tree swirl around in circles ten years after the fact makes that an obvious one.

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/