As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Rise of the Logical Phallacies: [Phalla] - Mafia victory!

• Options
    The DagonThe Dagon Registered User regular
    Looking back through posts, I think I can agree with the Mill vote.

I also agree that the vig should take care of JDark, so we can openly discuss non-seered folk.

Steam ID : TheDagon
    PSN : TheDagon
    Pretty much every game ever : TheDagon
  • Options
    Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    Works for me, lets Mill and let Jdark be vigged (assuming no mafia guard).

Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness

HoTS: Schmutz#1686
  • Options
    GreenbaronsGreenbarons CanadaRegistered User regular

But if he gets guarded we vote him out tommorow, cause that pretty much outs him. I support this plan Mill

• Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    I'm only half feeling it, and it's early in the day, but for now I'll climb aboard the mill wagon because the vote jumping around him was kinda strange to me.

• Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    Poor Mill.
    Just a crazy math-doing robot.

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    I actually think I'll vote for The Anonymous. Seems like he's setting up a fairly obvious run on jdark which in turn has set up Mill.

So I will leer suspiciously at those two and vote for the one.

AManFromEarth on
    Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    I actually think I'll vote for The Anonymous. Seems like he's setting up a fairly obvious run on jdark which in turn has set up Mill.

Honestly, if the jdark attack was designed to set up Mill I will be... so impressed.

• Options
    C'mon, @Mill.
    Tell us if you're mafia or not.
    ...or, at least, tell me...

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    MrTLicious wrote: »

Honestly, if the jdark attack was designed to set up Mill I will be... so impressed.

Yeah, I didn't mean to imply that was the plan but it was a runoff effect it seems.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    I dunno. I think that I started (or got running) the Mill stuff, and it's just where my vote would be if the jdark seering didn't come up (and is there now because people want to vig him instead). I feel like if T_A hadn't brought up jdark, Mill would have been the obvious choice.

• Options
    CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    Let's kill T_A and if he comes up as the seer we know to vote jdark next time.

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
  • Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    If you guys thunk I are mafia.

Mill

• Options
    It's a trap!

• Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    The Dagon wrote: »
    Figgy wrote: »
    It's hard because everyone is going on with this logical/illogical shtick. Let's play some G.D. Phalla.

And Dagon, that's a really early vote. You've got over 12 hours to actually think about this instead of throwing out a vote because "phalla is hard." Are you mafia trying to sneak in your post requirement early?

You're right, I must be mafia, because I was the first one to vote today, and there was absolutely no one that voted before me. Plus, it sure is a good thing the post requirement isn't 3 posts a day, otherwise just sneaking in a single vote early in the day wouldn't protect me from Inactivus. I just wish I was the kind of really good mafia player that jumps at the chance to protect a fellow mafia from getting a vote thrown on them based on weak yet plausible evidence.

If only I could have been a good village player, the kind that puts out early votes to incite discussion and see how people react. Oh well, better luck next time I guess.

And none of this garbage was my point.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    The DagonThe Dagon Registered User regular
    Well I'm glad we got that cleared up then.

Steam ID : TheDagon
    PSN : TheDagon
    Pretty much every game ever : TheDagon
  • Options
    Mill wrote: »
    If you guys thunk I are mafia.

Mill

Was not expecting that.

• Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular

But if he gets guarded we vote him out tommorow, cause that pretty much outs him. I support this plan Mill

If I was mafia jdark was village, I'd guard him tonight.

There is a reason we vote out confirmed bads instead of relying on a vig.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    Figgy wrote: »

If I was mafia jdark was village, I'd guard him tonight.

There is a reason we vote out confirmed bads instead of relying on a vig.

Confirmed by a guy who just outed himself out as seer or who is using an uncomfirmed mouthpiece. I just dont' understand why a seer woulnd't wait until tommorow, confirm a village to use as an intemediary, instead of rushing into this. Something comes off as wrong about it.

• Options
    But I"m cool with either, I'd like to see both of them gone in the day or so.

• Options
    The vig is usually the public mouthpiece, so they can be easily roleblocked (a common mafia ability). It's a rare mini that has a mafia guard, but not out of the realm of possibility.

The question is whether a day of vote records is worth the risk of the vig kill not going off. I tend to think it's (barely) not, but I tend to undervalue vote records compared to everyone else, and I'm not going to argue with the masses if they prefer to have it.

• Options
    The vig is usually the public mouthpiece, so they can be easily roleblocked (a common mafia ability). It's a rare mini that has a mafia guard, but not out of the realm of possibility.

The question is whether a day of vote records is worth the risk of the vig kill not going off. I tend to think it's (barely) not, but I tend to undervalue vote records compared to everyone else, and I'm not going to argue with the masses if they prefer to have it.

Wait, wouldn't you want the vig not to be roleblocked? I dont' get why the vig would want to be the public mouthpiece if it sets him up for getting blocked every night?

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    The vig usually becomes the mouthpiece via "hey guys X dies tonight" not because it's the most desirable arrangement. As for vig/vote, I've always preferred to let revealed mafias be taken care of by vigs. If it gets blocked, then we know they have a guard which is useful

• Options

Wait, wouldn't you want the vig not to be roleblocked? I dont' get why the vig would want to be the public mouthpiece if it sets him up for getting blocked every night?

It's just a common tactic - vig calls kill and becomes the publicly confirmed mouthpiece. He can't be killed because presumably the guard protects him but the trade-off is that, if the mafia have a roleblock, the vig can't use their ability. The meta has evolved so that people do it often, so it must be that having a central information clearing house is more valuable than the expected loss of his ability, but that kind of thing is impossible to simulate.

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Mafia role blocks aren't all that common anyway

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    So anyone have anything good for lunch?

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    SeGaTai wrote: »
    So anyone have anything good for lunch?

Ahm ettin a mighty good cheesburger an' fries left over frum a coupla nights ago. As for all this votin', I sez we give T_A a chance ta prove hisself by killin' that jdarksun fella. Taint no point in failin ta kill him with a crooked shootin' vig.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Relatives came to see the wee one so I went home for lunch and shoved chicken fingers and fries into my gaping maw and then had to head back to work :(

• Options
    CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    I had a late breakfast, so I'm skipping lunch.

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
  • Options
    Wendy's Chicken Club.

• Options
    Why don't we leave Mill alone?
    He's a good egg.

• Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    The best damn teriyaki on the planet (leftovers from dinner last night) plus some mandarin oranges.

I don't understand what is happening. I think that's...good..?

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Wondering what I should make for dinner. If we had a chicken, I'd oven roast one again over a bed of taters and mushrooms and onions. MMM. Also make some beer bread. Easiest thing in the world! Lemme know if you want a recipe

• Options
    Sitting on a patio, drinking beer, getting paid for it.
    I like stampede week.

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    and back on track we go->jdarksun

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    I'm going to go with the other person who was up the in the votes but we've been ignoring for some reason. We got all worked up about phyphor and Premium has been totally dancing around all by himself today.

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    It is logical to vote out Jdarksun

The illogicalness is that I dont even care if he is mafia. I just like to see him die :twisted:

• Options
    According to the magic box I only got 1 vote yesterday, I think the narration was messed with or something.

• Options
    Also I only dance with myself because nobody can live up to my standards!

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    premium wrote: »
    According to the magic box I only got 1 vote yesterday, I think the narration was messed with or something.
    Or someone has vote manipulation abilities.

• Options
    Bedlam wrote: »
    premium wrote: »
    Or someone has vote manipulation abilities.

But why would they use them on me...