Options

Rise of the Logical Phallacies: [Phalla] - Mafia victory!

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    You know, I don't like to make snap judgments.

I like to look at an issue, barely hear either side, and then immediately decide which alternative I will angrily oppose.

But something's not sitting right with me about @Assuran.

I can assur-him that if I don't get the answers I demand and will not listen to my these [color] [/color] brackets are going to fill themselves.

Yeah, I heard about the train crash in Columbus. Luckily, none of my guys had to go to it. Crazy though.

• Options
    warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    OooooooooOoooooooooooooooo
    Illogical.
    OooooooooOoooooooooooooooo

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    oOOooOoOooOoooO

Boo, Straw Man, booooo!!!

oOOooOoOooOoooO

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    The DagonThe Dagon Registered User regular
    Phyphor for putting Julius over the top.

And that's pretty much all I got. For a fairly vanilla phalla, this one is actually kinda hard.

Steam ID : TheDagon
    PSN : TheDagon
    Pretty much every game ever : TheDagon
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    It's hard because everyone is going on with this logical/illogical shtick. Let's play some G.D. Phalla.

And Dagon, that's a really early vote. You've got over 12 hours to actually think about this instead of throwing out a vote because "phalla is hard." Are you mafia trying to sneak in your post requirement early?

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    I don't exactly know what in the hell is going on.

• Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    jdarksun

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    A seer test that early? :(

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    such a terrible idea, it has to work?

• Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    A seer test that early? :(

Welp, thats one way to shut ya'll up. Don't right think that's a good ideer though. Proves the seer fella more I reckon.

• Options
    Figgy wrote: »
    It's hard because everyone is going on with this logical/illogical shtick. Let's play some G.D. Phalla.

And Dagon, that's a really early vote. You've got over 12 hours to actually think about this instead of throwing out a vote because "phalla is hard." Are you mafia trying to sneak in your post requirement early?

You're right, I must be mafia, because I was the first one to vote today, and there was absolutely no one that voted before me. Plus, it sure is a good thing the post requirement isn't 3 posts a day, otherwise just sneaking in a single vote early in the day wouldn't protect me from Inactivus. I just wish I was the kind of really good mafia player that jumps at the chance to protect a fellow mafia from getting a vote thrown on them based on weak yet plausible evidence.

If only I could have been a good village player, the kind that puts out early votes to incite discussion and see how people react. Oh well, better luck next time I guess.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Ok, look. We have to vote out jdarksun today. If we don't, we miss a day of voting out a possible mafia and give the good arguments more time to find and kill the seer.

However, we should be wary of The Anonymous. This is day one. That means that either Anon is the seer (which is a dumb move to come out without a public speaker), or the seer contacted Anonymous without him being confirmed. So if jdark is bad, that does not mean that TA is good. We need to keep this in mind and have some actual discussion going today besides the jdark voting. We will trust him at our peril.

I think that the phyphor talk is good, he was saved pretty near the end. ( I think, don't cite me on that)

• Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    I am really surprised that there are so many votes that aren't on jdark

I mean, the evidence is incontrovertible! T_A says he's mafia, and T_A knows about such things.

As for the Phyphor debacle, let me sift back through the posts.

• Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    !jdarksun

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Sheep wrote: »
    !jdarksun

You live up to your name. :p

Erin The Red on
  • Options
    GreenbaronsGreenbarons CanadaRegistered User regular
    Langly wrote: »
    Ok, look. We have to vote out jdarksun today. If we don't, we miss a day of voting out a possible mafia and give the good arguments more time to find and kill the seer.

However, we should be wary of The Anonymous. This is day one. That means that either Anon is the seer (which is a dumb move to come out without a public speaker), or the seer contacted Anonymous without him being confirmed. So if jdark is bad, that does not mean that TA is good. We need to keep this in mind and have some actual discussion going today besides the jdark voting. We will trust him at our peril.

I think that the phyphor talk is good, he was saved pretty near the end. ( I think, don't cite me on that)

Looking at the magic box, it doesn't look like he was really saved, if the graph vote... thing is accurate Julius had 3 votes, then 3 votes where put onto Phyphor after Julius already had 3 votes, Phyphor then voted Julius to push the vote off of him. Interesting enough TRV tied the vote between Phyphor and Julius fairly late. So TRV, because tieing the vote at once would be very logical for mafia.

• Options
    Just pretend I did the illogical thing and didn't vote for jdarksun

Steam profile
  • Options
    All times are EST:

7:09 AM - AManFromEarth votes Julius; Mill by this point already has 3 votes

9:03 AM - kime votes for Julius; At this point T_A and Matev also have 2 votes

9:12 AM - T_A votes for Julius

9:47 AM - LoserForHireX votes for Phyphor

Jdarksun starts voting for everyone in the game, settles on warban

4:04 PM - Kilnaga jumps off of Mill and onto Phyphor; Vote is currently Julius at 3, several people at 2 (Mill, Matev, warban, T_A, Phyphor, stever, jdark)

6:06 PM - Anialos also jumps off of Mill to Figgy; Mill and Figgy now have 1 vote

10:19 PM - TRV puts Phyphor up to 3 tying him with Julius. This was a change from Langly (who just had the 1 vote).

10:54 PM - Phyphor votes for Julius, putting Julius on top.

The logical conclusion from this is that jdark is clearly mafia.

• Options
    Logically OOC:

I think the glaring thing from the above is the jump off of mill and onto Phyphor/Julius. So, if the vig is around, I say vig Mill, and if he turns up red, my number 1 suspect becomes Kilnaga, or Anialos.

TRV would also be suspect but that's true only if Mill is not mafia.

• Options
    In my own defense, I had no idea how many votes people had

• Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    Are people not voting for jdark because it's the logical thing to do and the game has a theme of logic is bad?

That seems like the best idea ever.

• Options
    GreenbaronsGreenbarons CanadaRegistered User regular
    REG Rysk wrote: »
    Are people not voting for jdark because it's the logical thing to do and the game has a theme of logic is bad?

That seems like the best idea ever.

He has like triple the closest vote, I dont' see the value in a phalla wide bandwagon. He will get voted out, but its no reason to destroy the vote records of everyone today.

• Options
    So the JDark vote is based off an alleged seer, but then he doesn't really defend himself. I mean I understand he's trying to stay in character, but he just tried to redirect suspicion, without even so much as an "I'm innocent!"

Probably means the seering is good, but I still would like to hear from Phyphor before I change my vote. And any of the other accused, for that matter.

• Options
    The Dagon wrote: »
    So the JDark vote is based off an alleged seer, but then he doesn't really defend himself. I mean I understand he's trying to stay in character, but he just tried to redirect suspicion, without even so much as an "I'm innocent!"

Probably means the seering is good, but I still would like to hear from Phyphor before I change my vote. And any of the other accused, for that matter.

So if he were to say "I'm innocent", you'd think the seer was more likely to be wrong? I like your illogic!

Steam profile
  • Options
    CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    jdark

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
  • Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    So your all trying to tell me that no one seered or vigged Kime day 1...definitely mafia.

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    why you posting in colors there jdarksun?

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I'm sure it's a PR of some kind, and we shouldn't attack people for posting strangely or we will all kill ourselves.

Langly on
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    and if it is he can't talk about it

and if it isn't he will pretend he can't talk about it

and if we all kill ourselves then we won't kill the mafia and only the host will win, so let's stop it.

Langly on
  • Options
    So how about we all agree to complete ignore this "seer call"-trust the vig to check it for us-and I don't know, try and vote on day 2. I'll start MrTLicious

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    MrTLicious wrote: »
    All times are EST:

7:09 AM - AManFromEarth votes Julius; Mill by this point already has 3 votes

9:03 AM - kime votes for Julius; At this point T_A and Matev also have 2 votes

9:12 AM - T_A votes for Julius

9:47 AM - LoserForHireX votes for Phyphor

Jdarksun starts voting for everyone in the game, settles on warban

4:04 PM - Kilnaga jumps off of Mill and onto Phyphor; Vote is currently Julius at 3, several people at 2 (Mill, Matev, warban, T_A, Phyphor, stever, jdark)

6:06 PM - Anialos also jumps off of Mill to Figgy; Mill and Figgy now have 1 vote

10:19 PM - TRV puts Phyphor up to 3 tying him with Julius. This was a change from Langly (who just had the 1 vote).

10:54 PM - Phyphor votes for Julius, putting Julius on top.

The logical conclusion from this is that jdark is clearly mafia.

I'm sorta new at this but there's some kinda odd vote jumping going on towards the end of this, is there not?
    Or is day 1 always this bad.

• Options
    I think it will be hard to track vote jumping specifically in this phalla, and that if we look too hard at it, we will be caught in an endless circle of vote jumps that are the result of roles/post restrictions.

The phyphor thing is at least a day one lead that does not involve people switching their vote a million times. The village is going to eat itself if it looks too hard there.

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    stever777 wrote: »
    Hmm. Vote counts don't seem to line-up with the Magic Box.

It would seem figgy is manipulating us!

The alternatives would have been: vote myself out and let the tie stand and end up with 4 dead villagers, instead of 3

• Options
    KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    Logically OOC:

I think the glaring thing from the above is the jump off of mill and onto Phyphor/Julius. So, if the vig is around, I say vig Mill, and if he turns up red, my number 1 suspect becomes Kilnaga, or Anialos.

I swapped like 2 other times before that. We should totally vig/vote off all of those people as well just in case.

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    Kilnaga wrote: »
    Logically OOC:

I swapped like 2 other times before that. We should totally vig/vote off all of those people as well just in case.

You switched from kime to Mill very early (before 7 AM).

You did not switch again until Mill was in the lead, and then you switched to someone who, at the time, was relatively low profile.

If we're gonna let the vig sort out jdark, then I'm gonna go with Mill

And when he turns up mafia, Kilnaga is next ont he block.

• Options
    jdarksun wrote: »

There's no point in mounting a defense; either people will logically follow T_A's claims, or they will illogically ignore them.

If one was to be logical, they might point out certain inconsistencies. Such as, T_A calling out a seer test almost immediately after the day started, destroying the vote record (ideally, these things go out ~6 hours before vote close). As Langly points out, the Day 2 Seer Test "...means that either Anon is the seer (which is a dumb move to come out without a public speaker), or the seer contacted Anonymous without him being confirmed."

But point that out would be logical, and more damning (in the spirit of the game) than simply pointing out that T_A's argument is bad because he is bad.

So you do have a bit of inconsistency in that claim. You say to follow Anon's claim is logical, then immediately follow it up saying questioning Anon is also logical. You claim ignoring Anon is illogical, and that pointing out his flaws is logical. You clearly have quite a bit of experience in using logic to confuse and distract people.

• Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    I'm thinking that suspicion should fall more on someone like Cayrus. I don't think that there's a good reason to suspect that Anonymous is right about jdark, and empty vote posts that just sheep on = bad guy.

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    Jdarksun, but I want to register my suspicionality of Mill. He made a post that looked mafia. That makes him mafia. Incontrovertible.

Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness

HoTS: Schmutz#1686
  • Options
    KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    Kilnaga wrote: »
    Logically OOC:

You switched from kime to Mill very early (before 7 AM).

You did not switch again until Mill was in the lead, and then you switched to someone who, at the time, was relatively low profile.

If we're gonna let the vig sort out jdark, then I'm gonna go with Mill

And when he turns up mafia, Kilnaga is next ont he block.

Man, I really hope Mill doesn't die red. I only voted for him as a joke after he did the math in the role PM. :P

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    I like voting.
    I like The Wizard of Oz.

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1