As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Games that use physics modelling for walking...

2»

• Options
    puppetmasterpuppetmaster Registered User regular
    tresspasser got a hideous review about the control scheme tho. guy says its hard to simply pick up and drop stuff with the arm.. dinos jumping 50 feet? must be just bugs due to intense physics .. but little hops to gain balance sounds cool.. im still curious.

amazon.com/Trespasser-Pc/dp/B00002EPY0

Toribash -definely will download this and try..if heads can be thrown..

Kontrol In this 2d one.. i did grab and threw my own head at the other guy when i was death spazing... pretty crazy stuff happens. but frame rate sometimes drops after two dead guys body pieces under my feet.. but i could use a severed bone as a club and stuff like that

• Options
    picking up a plank when standing on it, intriguing, like a skateboarding trick. but this a very old game we are talking about tho. says 1999. theres got to be something newer than that that allows alot of physical freedom or uses robotic characters that balance in 3d worlds. in Kontrol.. if you grab the first level1 board you see, while standing on it.. it kind of hops together with the board which then breaks loose, then you are kind of surfing on the board into the tunnel and tumble into the underground part.. its fun, but i'm more a 3d gamer . and now in 2012, i look at Natural Motion's new horse game vid, its about buying a 100$ saddle to add to the horse, that never kicks up any dirt.. looks like they gave up and jumped on the ipad bandwagon.. if i can't get a decent framerate on their Endorphin demos on my quadcore pc i'm not even going to try an ipad game and dont have an ipad... i'd rather pay 5$ to play a drunken horse sim.

• Options
    oooooo Registered User new member
  • Options
    I love this thing.. will it be a in a game? can it run?

• Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    You're back! CLOP was released during your absence.

• Options
    I did see Clop come out, since you guys turned me on to the Foddy stuff .. Love it , but can't play it either.. And it does kick up the dirt like i said i wanted to see in my rant. And tried QWOP on ipad with tilt, i think its actually easier, but can't do it. but I saw a video of a guy actually running it properly ( not wiggling on knees) and fast, but even he forgets his beat and almost falls near the finish.
    I saw some progress on Kontrol, they added hold-shift for run, but it still falls alot unless you keep watch on the feet and your timing.. I'm still looking for more spider/ horse sim-type games.
    I'm gonna see if someone has learned to run the CLOP horse properly on video..