Options

The Phalliad: PHALLIA VICTORIOUS!

• Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Johannen wrote: »
    Can you guys note that ArrBeeBee voted for me before any real evidence from Ardor on him came out please.

Noted, but as you were the second-place person, it would have looked very suspicious (for both of you) if he'd put his vote elsewhere.

I'm not sure that I believe you're a spy, but this isn't really proof of much for me, I'm afraid. :(

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    Aroused BullAroused Bull Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Yeah, okay, I guess the jig is up. Not much I can do against a vision.

It's interesting how you don't get told if someone is Athan or not.

Aroused Bull on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    ArrBeeBee wrote: »
    Yeah, okay, I guess the jig is up. Not much I can do against a vision.
    So, who are ya workin' with?

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    JohannenJohannen Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    jdarksun wrote: »
    jo wrote:
    jo wrote:
    -I was in the network in which Cass outed me, in so making me look pretty suspicious, and I thought my and DP's efforts in that group were quite good seeing as we were willing to sacrifice ourselves to get a spy.
    ...but you didn't. Neither you nor DP sacrificed yourselves - DP either got killed purposefully by the spies or randomly by ElJeffe.
    But we could have if Cass hadn't outed us. What has us not actually dieing got to do with our intentions?
    You state that you're less likely to be a spy because you started a secret network, that contained a spy, with the intent of... sacrificing yourself? Did you have prior knowledge that Cass was a spy?

The idea was that we would be able to find a spy within the group if there was one. We didn't have to have prior knowledge because if we (me or DP) got offed then there'd definately be a spy in the group.
    Not for a small group of people it didn't. Whenever a wagon starts on me it seems to be a small group voting for me in quick succession and then other just randomly lagging on. So far it's been the same people who've kept onto me as their patsy for a night without any real spies being killed.
    And what night would that be? The only night a "real spy" wasn't killed was the first night - precisionk was in second place that night. You've been in second place since. You might want to clarify your statement, because to me that says that you know Tofu wasn't a "real spy".

I actually just worded that badly. I meant that the spies were using me as a patsy so that no more of them would be killed for at least one more night.
    I was actually going to put forward some evidence on one or two people but I realised that it's not enough to go on yet. Unlike some who are willing to go on the tiniest shred.
    This is Phalla - outside of an Oracle's visions, there is rarely such a thing as "real evidence". Mostly, it's circumstantial evidence and slip-ups that carry the day. You're doing the village no good if you're not exploring your suspicions.

I am exploring my suspicions but publicly announcing every little suspicion and twig I have is detrimental to the village as chaos would ensue if we all did such things.

Also, i'm doing the village more good than just sticking everything on one person over and over again with very narrow minded views on sticking your vote anywhere else.

Johannen on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    I !vote for RBB. That puts him at 15 votes - but if he does get up to 27, I'm switching over to make sure Johannen is in second place.

Why is 27 the magic number here?

Aroused Bull on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    I'm off. When I come back, I'll laughing at you all.
    I !retract Johannen.

Aroused Bull on
  • Options
    SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2007
    I !vote for RBB. That puts him at 15 votes - but if he does get up to 27, I'm switching over to make sure Johannen is in second place.

Why is 27 the magic number here?

It's not necessarily 27.

We just have to make sure that you have 21 votes by the end of the evening.
    There are 40 living total.
    There are 5 spies. 4 + you.

Assuming all 4 spies are voting for you, we need 25 votes on you (as long as none of them are your own) to ensure that you maintain the #1 position. That way, if the 4 spies who are voting for you leave, we still have 21, which is the majority vote.

We should vote up to 25 (or 26 if ArrBeeBee is voting on himself) and then use the rest to push up a secondary. As for secondary, I call not it!.

Squashua on
  • Options
    JohannenJohannen Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Johannen wrote: »
    jdarksun wrote:
    Johannen wrote:
    Not for a small group of people it didn't. Whenever a wagon starts on me it seems to be a small group voting for me in quick succession and then other just randomly lagging on. So far it's been the same people who've kept onto me as their patsy for a night without any real spies being killed.
    And what night would that be? The only night a "real spy" wasn't killed was the first night - precisionk was in second place that night. You've been in second place since. You might want to clarify your statement, because to me that says that you know Tofu wasn't a "real spy".
    I actually just worded that badly. I meant that the spies were using me as a patsy so that no more of them would be killed for at least one more night.
    So you think that the players bandwagoning you are spies?

I only think one or two of them is. The rest I think have ideas that i'm a good target because if there is little else to go on then at least i've made an early fuck up.

I'm a very convenient target for the spies and you know it.

Johannen on
  • Options
    Lord Cecil EaglelaserLord Cecil Eaglelaser Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I re!vote for RBB

Lord Cecil Eaglelaser on
  • Options
    ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I'm down with this. This is the type of evidence I was looking for.

I retract my vote for precisionk and I vote for ArrBeeBee.

As far as the possibility of him being Athan..Who are we setting up in the #2 spot? And let's not forget the public killings - the five chosen are out there.

Shamus on
  • Options
    YarYar Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    [EDIT: Of course, first I must retract my vote for Johannen. Sort of ruins my poem, but oh well.]

I'd've follow'd our seer even without a see,
    because I'm certain he knows more than me,
    but now there's definitely no other way to be,
    'cept
    I vote to execute ArrBeeBee!

Yar on
  • Options
    GnastyGnasty Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    So, ArrBeeBee could certainly be messing with us by claiming to be Athan. Either way, it doesn't hurt to have a good suspect in second place.
    I !retract Johannen.

What do we do with this? There is so much speculation surrounding Johannen, I think it's impossible to view ArrBeeBee's retraction as evidence either way. Although honestly, considering the fact that by issuing a retraction he is bringing Johannen into the spotlight, chances are Johannen is just an unlucky hoplite. Or is he?

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    Andrew_JayAndrew_Jay Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Thank you for the clarification Ardor.

I !retract Johannen, I !vote for RBB

Andrew_Jay on
  • Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I suggest either Dynagrip or Senor Fish for the runner-up. My reasons for that can be seen here.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Gnasty wrote: »
    So, ArrBeeBee could certainly be messing with us by claiming to be Athan. Either way, it doesn't hurt to have a good suspect in second place.
    I !retract Johannen.

What do we do with this? There is so much speculation surrounding Johannen, I think it's impossible to view ArrBeeBee's retraction as evidence either way. Although honestly, considering the fact that by issuing a retraction he is bringing Johannen into the spotlight, chances are Johannen is just an unlucky hoplite. Or is he?

My personal feeling is that once someone's a seered and admitted spy, trying to analyze their subsequent behaviour is only going to drive us nuts, without yielding anything useful. Like the Sicilian in The Princess Bride, we'll talk ourselves around in circles until we fall over.

Our best bet's just to vote for RBB, have a strong second choice in place, and hope that RBB turns out to be Athan.

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2007
    Bliss 101 wrote: »
    I suggest either Dynagrip or Senor Fish for the runner-up. My reasons for that can be seen here.
    Your mom's a whore and your dad's a fag.

Those are the reasons I shouldn't be voted for.

Edit: For the record, I distanced myself from the group right away. I was like, hey don't pass my name around. They did that and immediately started signing people up based on first day "hunches". If I'm going to get myself killed in Phalla, I'd rather it be because of my own idiocy, not the combined idiocy of some dipshit clique. I told them I didn't change my votes for people, because that's not how I roll. Now it looks the mere act of receiving a PM from this group and not telling them to fuck off could be trouble. Well, that's cool. I hear the river Styx is lovely this time of year.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    Andrew_JayAndrew_Jay Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    Your mom's a whore and your dad's a fag.

Those are the reasons I shouldn't be voted for.
    If you had switched the first line around, it would have at least rhymed :P

Andrew_Jay on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2007
    Another reason to vote for me at some point.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    According to RBB's voting records (I think I got this right), he voted for Johannen on days 1 and 2 along with trying to support the bandwagons against him. He voted for tofu on day 3.

I'm willing to think Johannen has a good chance of being a hoplite as helping kill a spy doesn't net you automatic status for the village. He didn't vote for Cass as a final vote either I don't believe.

If we are to look a little further into his posts, it also looks like he put pressure on both Gnasty and Squasha. Take that as you will.

Ardor on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Argh. I !retract tofu.
    If Eri is a spy, then she's following very typical spy procedure: when one of their own gets bandwagoned, start a new bandwagon to try and save them. We don't have any evidence that Eri is a spy, but I don't see why we have any reason to vote for tofu when we already know Johannen is very likely a spy. Why not wait until after Johannen is dead, then go after tofu? Why is it important that we kill tofu now, and not tomorrow?
    I'm in favour of killing both of them, but this hurry makes me suspicious - it shouldn't matter what order we kill them in.

I'm going to sleep on this and vote in the morning.

This post seems to indicate to me that Johannen is innocent, and that tofu was probably the spy. So, uh, sorry Johannen. Sorry that you send out suspicious vibes and manage to link yourself to spies.

I'm gonna keep looking through ArrBeeBee's posts, but I felt this once deserved a good quoting.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Well, Rygar doesn't seem to have anything against him other than that he screwed up in Castle Phalla. PsychoLarry is just a bandwagon to get the vote off of Rygar. I !vote Johannen as the strangest acting of the vote winners.

Here he defended Rygar. Of course, a lot of people were, so I wouldn't say its particularly damning.
    Gnasty started the bandwagon. I voted for Johannen with clearly explained reasons and without asking for anyone else to follow suit. Gnasty immediately voted after me, and we all know the effect two votes in a row has. By all means keep an eye on me, but watch Gnasty as well. I consider him in the prime bandwagon spot.

He attacked me. (I'm a hoplite!)
    Since my schedule ties me up for about twelve hours before the deadline, I'll have to cast my vote now - I !vote Squashua. He acted crazy last game, and he was a spy. He acts crazy this game, he's either a spy or he's just generally crazy, and either way it's best to knock him off.

So chances are Squashua's just crazy. Crazy, but innocent.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    kissmecrazyblackvk2.jpg

:mrgreen::winky::mrgreen::winky::mrgreen::winky::mrgreen::winky::mrgreen::winky::mrgreen:
    :mrgreen::winky::mrgreen::winky::mrgreen::winky::mrgreen::winky::mrgreen::winky::mrgreen:

Squashua on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Yeah, time to stop playing Cass's game. I say we set up Senor Fish as our athan buffer.

Neither Fish nor Dyna have left much of a trail, but Dyna was pretty quick to vote for Cass before her bandwagon had really even started, so there's that.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Yeah, time to stop playing Cass's game. I say we set up Senor Fish as our athan buffer.

Neither Fish nor Dyna have left much of a trail, but Dyna was pretty quick to vote for Cass before her bandwagon had really even started, so there's that.

And that really alleviates the suspicions that could come from the claims that led to this post when Cass died?

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showpost.php?p=1084271&postcount=1493

Honestly, RBB's voting record towards Johannen is the only thing that's happened so far that's enough to alleviate any suspicions whatsoever of him. Still, the fact that he's super mega linked to one spy and vote-linked to another is more to go on than anything I've see for anyone else(save the seer'd one), considering there are a good fifteen people 'suspiciously lying low'.

Frosteey on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Hmm... Senor Fish was in the secret death evil cabal of nasty puppy kickers and one spy, right?

Ha Ha.

So was Johannen, so was I and so was Dynagrip.

It doesn't necessarily mean any of us are good targets. I still agree with Shamus' (and others who have stated it in this thread) assessment that precisionk should be put in second place based on his inconsistent Phalla behavior.

I guess he's like a really bad poker player or something, right?

Squashua on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Precisionk is always a solid choice, since his...quirky behavior is easily taken advantage of. He's a good choice for second place or a vigilante kill.

Elendil on
  • Options
    XenoZergieXenoZergie Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I had some ideas I wanted to discuss, but as fast as the thread moves, I need pretty frequent reminders on what the voting tally is. If I'm talking out of my ass on any of this, let me know.

Thanks to Ardor, we know that RBB is an evil bastard, and we seem to have gotten him locked down pretty tight. A lot of people have commented that it's important to have a strong 2nd place vote in case RBB is Athan. This is only true to a certain extent. If he is Athan, the game is pretty much won for us Hoplites, since the people in Hades can still read this thread and can promptly vote a horribly spooky death for him.

That having been said, it may be beneficial for us to kill as many spies as possible in the interim. I say may for a couple of reasons.

First, although it's possible that the spies get as many kills as there are spies remaining, El Jeffe didn't say one way or the other. However, 18 people dead on the third night with six spies remaining seems to bear that out.

Second, the counterpoint is that the more spies die, the more special powers they seem to acquire in Hades, to the point of another power for every spy. This tends to argue that the best course of action might be to find Athan as soon as possible, and try to avoid killing other spies, as distasteful as that might be.

Now, assuming we do want to kill as many spies as possible, it seems like our Erinyes would be well suited to the task. Rather than worrying about 1st and 2nd place votes, we need to decide targets of righteous vengeance!

Unfortunately, I am not paranoid or analytical enough to have any good suggestions on this matter. I do suggest that they reveal themselves to Ardor in case he and his fellow seer can give them good targets.

With all that philosophizing out of the way, I'll get to my vote.

Johannen has been pretty stupid so far, but I think I have to agree with Bliss's comment that Senor Fish is the most suspicious. I vote to execute Senor Fish.

Also, holy crap, I did not mean to write this much, especially after saying so little for most of the thread. I'm sorry.

XenoZergie on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Maybe I'm missing something, but I've read the rules in Hades a couple times and all I see is that the spies can kill and protect people. It says that the Phallians have no powers yet. Is that just excluding a general one-kill-per-night rule? Or will the dead innocents have to wait before they get to do anything?

Yar on
  • Options
    Manning'sEquationManning'sEquation Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    OK I have a noob question how do you guys know the post total of the players? Can someone link me or tell me how I can get to this infomation?

Manning'sEquation on
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Yar wrote: »
    Maybe I'm missing something, but I've read the rules in Hades a couple times and all I see is that the spies can kill and protect people. It says that the Phallians have no powers yet. Is that just excluding a general one-kill-per-night rule? Or will the dead innocents have to wait before they get to do anything?

The one kill per night rule is the overlying principle of the entire zombie village, which the spies get to vote on(which is why it's not just a villager thang). The specials down there give hidden powers to, I believe, the living hoplites(so, I guess I'm not sure why they'd have a special area that will run through the whole game telling them they don't get any special powers, other than to demoralize everyone). I think the spy powers will be listed as more die.

-Edit-The first parenthetical

Frosteey on
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    OK I have a noob question how do you guys know the post total of the players? Can someone link me or tell me how I can get to this infomation?

When viewing the ODaM page, click on the number of replies next to the thread name.

If you're talking about the overall post counts of individuals, it's on their profiles. Just click on their names.

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Hakkekage wrote: »

When viewing the ODaM page, click on the number of replies next to the thread name.

If you're talking about the overall post counts of individuals, it's on their profiles. Just click on their names.

Thank you, I am going to see if these numbers can tell me anything... It seems the thread is going alot slower after the mass killings of last night. I now it has to do partly that we lost so many citizens but I am curious to see if the spies just killed off all the top posters besides jon and squ.

Manning'sEquation on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and defend precisionk, primarily because of this post:
    precisionk wrote: »
    In relations to the current vote leaders, Squashua and Cass:

Squashua, I'm not sure if you are trying to steal my Throne of Insanity or what, but surely you can have the Thrown of Incompetenance. You surely are reigning supreme in that. However, I think their are bigger fish to fry and that fish being...

Cass. Cass has certainly been around the block many times in relations to Phalla (and possibly hookerism) to understand how this game is played. I was very surprised as well as relieved that Lady Eri wrote such an indepth post on her actions, which I find favorable. Some of what you said didn't make any sense as well as you frothing from the mouth with "KILL THE HOPLITES, FIND THE STAFF", it certainly sounds like you are indeed a spy of Athan.

I !vote for Cass

Precisionk voted for Cass before her bandwagon really picked up steam. I just don't think a spy would have written a post with a relatively in-depth (compared to most people's posts) explanation of why to stake another spy, especially when it hadn't even really turned into a bandwagon yet.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Frosteey wrote: »
    The one kill per night rule is the overlying principle of the entire zombie village, which the spies get to vote on(which is why it's not just a villager thang). The specials down there give hidden powers to, I believe, the living hoplites(so, I guess I'm not sure why they'd have a special area that will run through the whole game telling them they don't get any special powers, other than to demoralize everyone). I think the spy powers will be listed as more die.

-Edit-The first parenthetical
    Right, makes sense. Well, some of us will need to keep an eye on the second post in Hades to see if new powers down there appear.

Yar on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Gnasty wrote: »
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and defend precisionk, primarily because of this post:
    precisionk wrote: »
    Cass text vomit
    I !vote for Cass

Precisionk voted for Cass before her bandwagon really picked up steam. I just don't think a spy would have written a post with a relatively in-depth (compared to most people's posts) explanation of why to stake another spy.

Maybe to throw off suspicion?

edit in the Councillors/Castle game, TehSpectre voted for me first as a way to throw off suspicion.

Squashua on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    joh really does seem innocent now. but can we be sure?... maybe that's who the seer should look to tonight?

I !retract my vote for Joh and

I !vote RBB

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Hakkekage wrote: »

Thank you, I am going to see if these numbers can tell me anything... It seems the thread is going alot slower after the mass killings of last night. I now it has to do partly that we lost so many citizens but I am curious to see if the spies just killed off all the top posters besides jon and squ.

Interesting.....

Squashua 148
    Senor Fish 83
    Dynagrip 81
    Johannen 80
    GrimmyTOA 75
    FunkyWaltDogg 73
    visiblehowl 65
    Nerissa 64
    Last Son 64
    Rygar 61

Correct me if I am wrong but only Funky, nerissa, and last Son are dead. Also I expected Squashua to be first and Jon to be second, but both dynagrip and senior fish have beat Jon in number of posts. Maybe their posts were just shorter than the usually posts, or they posted mostly when I was not around so I skimmed past it.

In short I was surprised at the number of votes of Senor Fish and Dynagrip, but I can not draw any conclusions from the number of times they voted. I am going to give up this line of thinking unless someone else can provide me some insight on these numbers.

Edit: spelling
    Edit: Again the thread is to slow I am getting off, I'll be back on around narration time. Unless I am drunk.

Manning'sEquation on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    That's it for me too till this late evening.
    Need six more not-ArrBeeBee on ArrBeeBee to lock.

Non-voters, I humbly ask that you weigh the evidence and truly decide whether Johannen should get second place.

CURRENT VOTE COUNT AS OF POST #2119 (click spoiler to view)
    Notes
    - Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    - This post will not be updated with votes appearing after this post.
    - Links on names will go to the individual vote.
    - Links on Not Voted will not go anywhere helpful.
    - (x) after the name will go to a prior vote from that player in this iteration.

Statistics
    - There are 40 living Phallans.
    - There are 5 spies (4 + Athan).
    - If Athan is 1st place, 2nd place dies.
    - For a locked 1st place spy, 1st place requires a minimum 26 votes.

ArrBeeBee (19) <-- Ardor the Oracle has stated that he is a spy
    A penguin (x)
    Ardor
    Buzz Buzz
    Cantide (x)
    Elendil
    Gnasty (x)
    GrimmyTOA
    jackisreal
    Jdarksun
    Lord Cecil Eaglelaser (x) (x)
    Malkor
    MrBlarney
    Rygar
    Shamus (x)
    Spawnbroker (x)
    Talonrazor
    Variable (x)
    visiblehowl
    Yar (x)

Johannen (5)
    Andrew_Jay
    Frosteey
    Hakkekage
    precisionk
    SUPERSUGA

Dynagrip (1)
    ManningsEquation

precisionk (1)
    Squashua (x)

Senor Fish (1)
    Bliss 101 (x)

Retracted Vote (1)
    ArrBeeBee (x)

Not Voted (12)
    AcidSerra
    Dynagrip
    Grid System
    Jameserson
    Johannen
    MechMantis
    PsychoLarry1
    Redx
    RonnieDobbs
    Senor Fish
    Serpent
    XenoZergie

Squashua on
  • Options
    Lord Cecil EaglelaserLord Cecil Eaglelaser Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    It's in my opinion Dynagrip or Senor Fish should be in second place since I'm usually weary of people with high post counts yet don't really say much.

Lord Cecil Eaglelaser on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Squashua, there's an additional vote for Senor Fish in post #2109 above.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
This discussion has been closed.