As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Olympics!

• Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    spoilered to not cause ire
    They're re-enacting the whole of British history in a very E for Everyone kind of way. The Dutch host is just talking about how terrible the Industrial Revolution was, though. O_o

They've just tore down the whole meadow, actually. @Gosling will be pleased

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    It took forever for this thing to get going, but it's fairly good now.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    Yeah. Those watching the live feed, spoil until NBC catches up.

I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Gosling wrote: »
    Yeah. Those watching the live feed, spoil until NBC catches up.

But how will we know when you backwards places have caught up?

Also, how long is this thing going on for?

• Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    NBC starts their coverage in three and a half hours.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    That war representation was pretty moving.

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    The thing is like three hours long, apparently.

I was hearing it was shifted a bit earlier because otherwise by the time it finished nobody was going to have any means of getting home because the public transport would all have shut down.

• Options
    TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    Watching this without a commentator is actually not that bad.

• Options
    Dancing men in top hats. I've seen a top-hat dance troupe, folks.

• Options
    The BBC commentators have the decency to not say very much.

It sounds like they're commenting from a script, anyway.

• Options
    edited July 2012
    TheBigEasy wrote: »
    Watching this without a commentator is actually not that bad.

God damned, it's only shown *with* annoying voice-over here. -_-

Aldo on
  • Options
    how....how did the Queen get involved with Bond?

• Options
    OH MY GOD THE WINSTON CHURCHILL STATUE HAS COME TO LIFE

KILL IT

KILL IT

• Options
    Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    James Bond.

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • Options
    I actually like that they've gone for playfully surreal rather than strident.

• Options
    OH MY GOD THE WINSTON CHURCHILL STATUE HAS COME TO LIFE

KILL IT

KILL IT

hahaha

No need for spoilers tho right?

• Options
    lu tzelu tze Sweeping the monestary steps.Registered User regular
    BBC isn't saying a word.

And holy shit... the Queen!

World's best janitor
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Remember, we're on the US side and not everyone here may be on a feed or watching live.

EDIT:
    Well, there goes the Queen-as-final-torchbearer theory.

Gosling on
  • Options
    japan wrote: »
    I actually like that they've gone for playfully surreal rather than strident.

Yeah, I'm quite liking this sudden oddness.

• Options
    Right, but its a live global event.

Anyway, you do what you will re spoilers, I don't agree, but it is a nice gesture on your part all the same

• Options
    Remember, we're on the US side and not everyone here may be on a feed or watching live.

EDIT:
    Well, there goes the Queen-as-final-torchbearer theory.
    It's a global event. Waiting for a specific US channel to air it is a really odd choice.

• Options
    lu tzelu tze Sweeping the monestary steps.Registered User regular
    I think this children's signing choir may be the only people in the country who actually know the second verse to the national anthem...

World's best janitor
  • Options
    OK, so I've got my printscreen button and I'm not afraid to use it
    fd8bW.jpg
    CNh2y.jpg

• Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    Gonna miss the next little bit, but I'm waiting for the part when Harry Potter comes out

• Options
    A salute to the National Health Service? Up With People has truly run out of ideas.

(fine, no spoilers then)

• Options
    I think the signing choir national anthem might have worked better without the singing. As it was, it was just a patch of crappy singing,

• Options
    Well, if you're doing "significant developments in British history" the NHS was a pretty fundamental societal shift.

• Options
    And the Brits in "look at how many doctors we have, we can even employ them for a little dance routine" :P

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Well, if you're doing "significant developments in British history" the NHS was a pretty fundamental societal shift.

I'm just wondering what's going to happen here when the Tea Party has this blasted into their homes in a few hours.

Gosling on
  • Options

I'm just wondering what's going to happen here when the Tea Party has this blasted into their homes in a hew hours.

Hahaha, yes, this is a political point that plays to all sorts of countries doesn't it. I shall search some Teaper blogs tomorrow!

• Options
    Was that whatsit from The Mighty Boosh?

• Options
    He's the Harvester of Men, she's a harvester of puppies, please welcome the Grim Reaper and Cruella DeVille!

• Options
    Trevor Nelson, you are there to comment on the music, restrict yourself to that, please.

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Was that whatsit from The Mighty Boosh?

Yes.

EDIT: Noel Fielding. That would have annoyed the shit out of me if I hadn't looked it up.

japan on
  • Options
    This is doing nothing for the British reputation of peculiararity.

• Options
    This is doing nothing for the British reputation of peculiararity.

You say that as if it was a flaw to be fixed.

• Options
    And now for the next Olympic game: Catch Children
    nQT4j.jpg

• Options
    Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    Can't fault Danny Boyles vision.

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • Options
    This is surprisingly good

• Options
    Oh god Vangelis with a guest appearance of...
    l8ix4.jpg