As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Go find the new STEAM Thread!

• Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    Trine is pretty dope.

• Options
    KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    Aww man, I didn't realize how expensive Binary Domain was full priced! I was hoping for something within impulse-buy territory for me at 75% off. Them's the breaks.

OMD2 has me by the balls right now anyway. God damn that game's fun!

IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • Options
    KrummithKrummith DJ Logic Death can't take me until I finish my backlogRegistered User regular
    I finished my first post sale game today, Tiny Bang Story.

It's more of a hidden item game than I was expecting.

However, the puzzles are challenging, with only one or two using moon logic.

• Options
    shdwcastershdwcaster South DakotaRegistered User regular
    It sounds like Trine is fun, but since my Backloggery stands at about 25% complete,

It's my first Steamgifts giveaway for the Penny Arcade group!

signature.png

Open all weekend. Good luck

• Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    I was really hoping with steams hero academy release they would have added a non asynchronous multiplayer option so i didn't have to wait fucking weeks for games to finish, but no such luck =/

steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    I'm sort of disappointed with the price difference between hero academy on phones vs on steam :/ It doesn't seem that they changed anything, but upping both the base game and the DLC from 2 each to 5 each is quite the bump

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    Thank you very much @cardboard delusions for his classy ninja-gift of The Last Remnant. I shall win every random battle in the game in your honour! SOaTQ.png

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    It doesn't really do much to excuse the price difference for dlc in Hero Academy, but it's apparently because they include all the avatars and such that would need to be bought separately.

Either way, it uses the same account so you can always log into your account from any iOS device, say borrowed from a friend or something, and buy just the teams that way. You'll save about four dollars compared to buying the pc client with all dlc bundle, and only be missing out on some avatars.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Remember when I was all "American Nightmare is so good buy it buy it buy it!"

Yeah, fuck Nightmare Arcade.

The dodge mechanic is frustratingly broken. In the course of normal play, simply surviving? It is absolutely no big deal. But trying to score high, which requires you maintain a streak of not getting hit (indeed the best way of increasing your multiplier seems to be farming dodges) and sometimes the game just decides "nope, fuck you, not gonna dodge this time!" and blam, you lose your hard earned streak.

Also frustrating but not so bad is when enemies just appear out of nowhere up yo' butt and attack with no warning. That feels more like it's my fault for leaving myself open, so eh. It's just losing due to the dodge failing. EURGH.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    DahkathDahkath Registered User regular
    CorriganX wrote: »
    So apparently a lot of people were not aware that you could re-skin your Steam client. If you go to the settings, then Interface, theres an option to pick which skin you'd like to use. I'm currently using PixelVision

Example of the skin on my client here:
    SjzX8.jpg

I had NO idea you could. Nice skin, thanks for the heads up!

• Options
    ebotasticebotastic Going Gonzo In People's HeartsRegistered User regular
    Dahkath wrote: »
    So apparently a lot of people were not aware that you could re-skin your Steam client. If you go to the settings, then Interface, theres an option to pick which skin you'd like to use. I'm currently using PixelVision

SjzX8.jpg

I swear there used to be multiple official skins for Steam, then one day the only option was <default skin>. After that, I kind of forgot/stopped caring about different skins.

Please, call me ebo.
  • Options
    IdolNinjaIdolNinja Registered User regular
    Pixelvision is really nice. The only problem I see is that the Community page still has the old look while the others work okay. Does it look like that for everyone else?

• Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    Yeah, that was way back before the Webkit-based redesign, when the default skin was this mix of pukey looking grayish-green. Always set it to the "obsidian" skin.

• Options
    slappybagslappybag Local Badass Minnesota, USARegistered User regular
    Glad Tropico 4 is on sale again.. picking it up this time

• Options
    DahkathDahkath Registered User regular
    shdwcaster wrote: »
    Trine is IGN Prime's free game of the month for members. I don't own it, and am debating whether to use my key or give it away. Thoughts?
    Trine is good. I haven't played much of it, but I'd definitely recommend it based on the first couple levels.

I just bought it during the summer sale (and the sequel). If you've ever played the Lost Vikings from Blizzard, it's a spiritual successor to that. Nice platforming game, with some pretty fun physics puzzles thrown in. I'd recommend it easily!

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    IdolNinja wrote: »
    Pixelvision is really nice. The only problem I see is that the Community page still has the old look while the others work okay. Does it look like that for everyone else?

Everything that is just their webbrowser has the grey background. Store page, Community Page, and News Page are just the browser background inserted into the client so it doesn't match as well. But I spend most of my time in the library just staring at games wondering what to play, so that looks nice. :p

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    ebotastic wrote: »
    Dahkath wrote: »

SjzX8.jpg

I swear there used to be multiple official skins for Steam, then one day the only option was <default skin>. After that, I kind of forgot/stopped caring about different skins.

I use Compact, the default just wastes too much of the window, especially when I was on 4:3 17 inch LCD

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1279345

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    subedii wrote: »
    Sp, I know it's not a current topic, but I want to thank whoever gifted my Deus Ex Human Revolution way back during - I think - the Winter Sale.

This game is awesome.

And Adam Jensen clearly had Christan Bale as a vocal coach.

I don't think Jensen gets anywhere close to as ridiculous as Bale's Batman voice

True, but it is a bit similar. I think a really nice thing they could have done is have the VA tone down the growl alot more for the prologue, thus letting you attribute the omnipresent growl to injuries and/or augs.

There is so much I can praise about this game so far (I just got to China), but I don't want to risk too much spoilers.

Something small I DO want to praise is the Hacking Minigame. It is a TON of fun. More so than I think I've ever seen for such a mechanic (far superior to ME/ME2, Bioshock and so forth). Im basically hacking things I have the passwords to because I enjoy it so much (plus the fact that I end up swimming in Praxis doesn't hurt).

That's his normal voice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flszuT3ROdo&amp;feature=related

• Options
    HyperionHyperion Registered User regular
    subedii wrote: »
    Sp, I know it's not a current topic, but I want to thank whoever gifted my Deus Ex Human Revolution way back during - I think - the Winter Sale.

This game is awesome.

And Adam Jensen clearly had Christan Bale as a vocal coach.

I don't think Jensen gets anywhere close to as ridiculous as Bale's Batman voice

True, but it is a bit similar. I think a really nice thing they could have done is have the VA tone down the growl alot more for the prologue, thus letting you attribute the omnipresent growl to injuries and/or augs.

There is so much I can praise about this game so far (I just got to China), but I don't want to risk too much spoilers.

Something small I DO want to praise is the Hacking Minigame. It is a TON of fun. More so than I think I've ever seen for such a mechanic (far superior to ME/ME2, Bioshock and so forth). Im basically hacking things I have the passwords to because I enjoy it so much (plus the fact that I end up swimming in Praxis doesn't hurt).

The growl is probably my least favorite part of this game. It just sounds so forced and unnatural in the context of everything else; it's a good thing every other part of the game is awesome.

XBL: Jhnny Cash PSN: Jhnny_Cash Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/hypephb 3DS: 0619-4582-9630 Nintendo Network ID: DBrickashaw
    You might know me as D'Brickashaw on Steam.
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Personally, I think that if we're grading Human Revolution's voice acting on a Deus Ex curve, we're at a solid A+, growl and all.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Binary Domain on sale, are there any reasons if I should get the ps3 version over the pc one?

Peas on
  • Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    Unless the voice commends actually work on console, I doubt it...

• Options
    ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular

Listening to that is so bizarre. Expecially when he starts to improvise his lines :)

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    Personally, I think that if we're grading Human Revolution's voice acting on a Deus Ex curve, we're at a solid A+, growl and all.

A bomb!

A bomb?

JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Unless the voice commends actually work on console, I doubt it...

Shit. Shiiiiit? Shiiiit!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uV0D0lk0qDY

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Finally tried out Alice: Madness Returns for a couple hours. This game is gorgeous, and pretty fun for a 3d combat-platformer.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options

A bomb!

A bomb?

Every single voice actor in the original Deus Ex delivered all of their lines as if they were interrupted from eating a sandwich and were in a hurry to just get back into their five dollar footlong.

• Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    GMG has FEAR 3 for 4 bucks. Good deal on an underrated game. http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/shooter/fear-3/

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Corpekata wrote: »
    GMG has FEAR 3 for 4 bucks. Good deal on an underrated game. http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/shooter/fear-3/

Almost jumped on it, but of course I realized I already bought it during the summer sale.

• Options
    SteevL wrote: »
    Corpekata wrote: »

Almost jumped on it, but of course I realized I already bought it during the summer sale.

Tale as old as time.

• Options
    bobwocobobwoco Registered User regular

A bomb!

A bomb?

Every single voice actor in the original Deus Ex delivered all of their lines as if they were interrupted from eating a sandwich and were in a hurry to just get back into their five dollar footlong.

what a shame

he was a good man...what a rotten way to die

Steam ID: wocobob
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    signature.png

Less than a day left!

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    CorporateRedCorporateRed Wooooooo! Registered User regular
    Okay, so here's the thing. I always thought the nextgenconsole achievement/trophy thing was silly. Now I have a problem. Stupid Steam has the stupid achievements and now I want them. You know, cause they're there. Am I bad? Should I feel dirty?

Steam ID: Corporate Red
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CheesecakeRecipeCheesecakeRecipe "Should not be allowed to post in the Steam Thread" - Isorn Squalor Victoria, Squalor Victoria!Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    PAGE 12

“No.” You sputter out. The man stops moving and stares at you.

“No? The fuck you mean ‘no’?! I'LL SPANNER YOUR OLD LAIDE SO FUCKING HARD SHE'LL BE CACKIN OUT MINI MES FOR 3 WEEKS!” He readies the rifle at your head. “I'LL BATTER LIZZY TUDOR WITH A GOLF PUTTER COVERED IN DOG CACK, THE FUCK YOU SAY?” You feel tears swelling up a little.

“I said… I said I won’t. I won’t do it!” Dust kicked up from the man’s shouting and sudden movements dances around in the light illuminating the front of his gun and dangling in front of his face. You can see his fiery stare piercing straight through as though they were beacons straight from hell. He moves nary a muscle. “I won’t take lives, even to save my own.”

“So, that’s how it’s gonna be, yeah?” The man shakes his head in bitter disappointment. “Fuck off ya cockbrained mollycoddle.” He strikes your neck with the butt of his rifle, causing you to pass out.

When you come to, you hear cheering from all around you. You open your eyes and are blinded by the light. You give yourself a moment to readjust, the crowd watching from cages above cheering and screaming, spitting down to where you’re sitting. You’re propped up against a wall, a gun in your hands but only a handful of bullets visible in the clear mag. You look around and see several other confused looking, beat up men holding their guns all antsy. You begin to realize where you are. A loud yell erupts from the crowd, and gunshots are heard coming from just around the corner. The current player for The Club has entered the arena and begun his fight, crowd cheering for the Pain Train. You close your eyes and grip your gun tight, it’s your last friend left in the world. Inseparable ‘til the very

END

You Pervert.

CheesecakeRecipe on
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    @Heatwave has pulled off a classy heist by gifting me Payday! If being an upstanding citizen is wrong, don't ever be right.

• Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular

A bomb!

A bomb?

Subway: In Da Fresh!

• Options
    baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    Lawndart wrote: »

A bomb!

A bomb?

Subway: In Da Fresh!

The flashback I just had to the Hong Kong level of the original Deus Ex makes me feel like a horrible horrible person.

• Options
    CorporateRedCorporateRed Wooooooo! Registered User regular
    You Pervert.

Tee hee!

Steam ID: Corporate Red
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    VeganVegan Registered User regular
    How much easier would this fucking Tiamat fight be with KBAM? I'm thinking A LOT EASIER.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    I'm really enjoying Hero Academy. I wish it had more teams included than just 2 though.

camo_sig2.png