As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Prude Victorian Fencing [chat]

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    I got infracted for expressing how shitty this forum "upgrade" is in a poll thread, so watch yourself guys. They are apparently a little touchy about their pet project here.

it looks like you got infracted for being mean about it. it seems like they are ok with more politely worded criticism.

People should be mean about it at this point. This is twice in a row they've "upgraded" the forums in a way that none of the users want, and then when it's brought up how crap it is we're told "To bad, this is how it is".

Why even have a poll thread, really? We're all just going to have to run Stylish scripts anyway, because there won't ever be a decent default style installed, we went through this when we upgraded to Vanilla the first time.

Oh well, I'll take that infraction. Someone has to take one for the team to point out how dumb this is getting.
    It seems like the poll thread disagrees with this

If you actually read the response, you'll see the overwhelming response "I voted yes because I like the new features, but god the default style is bad"...just like the first Vanilla upgrade.
    it takes 5 minutes to figure out how to run stylish and fix it

i don't see the issue

I guarantee that it would take me much longer than that.

But I don't even mind the current style, apart from the blue bars underneath avatars and the little USER things next to them, both of which are glaring and unnecessary.
    I mean, all you have to do is google "how do I install stylish" and there are step by step instructions.

It seriously is super easy. It and adblock are the only 2 browser add-ons I run because I normally find them obnoxious and unwieldy

...just installing Stylish doesn't automagically render the page differently. You then need to load up a custom CSS, which as this point you either have to create, or hope one of the ones like Ye Old Style are up to date. It's a little disingenuous to imply that just installing Stylish suddenly makes the headache-induction better.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Honk wrote: »
    How come Feral has five stars after his name?

Because Feral is the best.

I love you Feral!

Get a rooooom you two!

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    What's your new avatar supposed to be, Chu?

two jiu jitsu dudes

one is throwing the other

Ah, that explains the huehuehue.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    I wake up and the forums are all crazy

What on earth

I have a badge for being a user for a while

Weird

• Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    I have to admit that I am a little bummed that other people have the comment/anniversary buttons.

It seems odd they would remove the anniversary buttons, since they can't be farmed like post-count ones.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular

two jiu jitsu dudes

one is grabbing the other's tit

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    I got the anniversary ones (five years suckas), but not the post count one (14k posts...wasted!)

Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    haha i wonder how wet @japan got when bradley wiggins intro'd everything

• Options
    I got the anniversary ones (five years suckas), but not the post count one (14k posts...wasted!)

Lol I got 25k, l2p

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I got an email last night that I got a 4 year anniversary button. So I guess I have been here 4 years? Ehh, went to see what it was and it was when the forums were under "maintenance."

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options

two jiu jitsu dudes

one is throwing the other

Ah, that explains the huehuehue.

i am so conflicted on the brazilians. i love their grappling and their barbecued meats and their big butted women. i am not so fond of their mealy mouthed language or their online gaming trolls.

i have a complex relationship with brazil.

• Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    Goddamnit, all this talk about post counts caused me to look at mine.

Now I'm desperately trying not to dwell on how many posts that equals per day.

• Options
    mysticjuicermysticjuicer [he/him] I'm a muscle wizard and I cast P U N C HRegistered User regular

I love you Feral!

Get a rooooom you two!

Whenever we do, Tommy Wiseau shows up. : (

narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
    My YouTube Channel! Featuring silly little Guilty Gear Strive videos and other stuff!
  • Options
    You know what I love about Bradley Wiggins? That even though he could have cruised in the peloton, and had zero risk to not winning the tour, he still got up there and setup Mark Cavendish for the sprint. I mean, it wasn't a ton of risk he wouldn't win, but there was some risk...if he crashed and didn't finish somehow, he wouldn't have won.

• Options

Holy shit dude. We are so close to the same number of posts it's ridiculous.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    I got infracted for expressing how shitty this forum "upgrade" is in a poll thread, so watch yourself guys. They are apparently a little touchy about their pet project here.

it looks like you got infracted for being mean about it. it seems like they are ok with more politely worded criticism.

People should be mean about it at this point. This is twice in a row they've "upgraded" the forums in a way that none of the users want, and then when it's brought up how crap it is we're told "To bad, this is how it is".

Why even have a poll thread, really? We're all just going to have to run Stylish scripts anyway, because there won't ever be a decent default style installed, we went through this when we upgraded to Vanilla the first time.

Oh well, I'll take that infraction. Someone has to take one for the team to point out how dumb this is getting.

If you actually read the response, you'll see the overwhelming response "I voted yes because I like the new features, but god the default style is bad"...just like the first Vanilla upgrade.

i don't see the issue

I run stylish, but things like Ye Old Style are broken right now...and "users will fix it" has never been an acceptable excuse in any other technology circle, not sure why it is here.

"users will fix the stuff the users made in the first place" is acceptable

and not an excuse

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    I'm donating all my old books to the library today cause I no longer want to move them around, I don't reread them very often, and I like my kindle too much.

I think I should just throw Fountainhead and Atlas Shrugged away, instead, right?

• Options

i don't see the issue

I guarantee that it would take me much longer than that.

But I don't even mind the current style, apart from the blue bars underneath avatars and the little USER things next to them, both of which are glaring and unnecessary.
    I mean, all you have to do is google "how do I install stylish" and there are step by step instructions.

It seriously is super easy. It and adblock are the only 2 browser add-ons I run because I normally find them obnoxious and unwieldy

...just installing Stylish doesn't automagically render the page differently. You then need to load up a custom CSS, which as this point you either have to create, or hope one of the ones like Ye Old Style are up to date. It's a little disingenuous to imply that just installing Stylish suddenly makes the headache-induction better.
    Suriko's Ye Olde Style is usually updated within a day of a new forum upgrade.

So no, it isn't really disingenuous when we have someone with a dedicated style sheet.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    desc wrote: »

What on earth

Weird
    did...did you just log on?

are my buttons just broken for some reason?

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options

I love you Feral!

Get a rooooom you two!

Is he like O HAI and rips off stripper pants?

• Options
    awww london is sharing the honor with n. ireland, scotland etc

i am liking this ceremony so far

much fewer 5'3" fully grown men jumping up and down in boxes

• Options
    so... have they said why they made this here update?

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    okay now let me see the forums on an actual computer in non-mobile and

what the fuck are

is this going to become a big thing? posts will rack up Agrees and Awesomes?

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Ye Olde style isn't perfect atm but it still works and doesn't seem to have broken the forums. Also hides some of the more annoying aspects like the "whose online av blob" at the bottom.

Also, I want the old book marks page back. I use to use it to open a bunch of tabs and just close them. This new menu one not as good.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Abdhyius wrote: »

i don't see the issue

I run stylish, but things like Ye Old Style are broken right now...and "users will fix it" has never been an acceptable excuse in any other technology circle, not sure why it is here.

and not an excuse

You missed the point entirely. I wasn't talking about fixing Ye Old Style, which is a user made script, and will be fixed by that user.

• Options
    mysticjuicermysticjuicer [he/him] I'm a muscle wizard and I cast P U N C HRegistered User regular
    narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
    My YouTube Channel! Featuring silly little Guilty Gear Strive videos and other stuff!
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Their quality and quantity of beautiful callipygous women usually triumph over all other details in my opinion.

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited July 2012

what the fuck are

People will probably forget they exist after five minutes.

Couscous on
  • Options

What on earth

Weird

I just hit refresh on my phone and it was some "4 year anniversary" badge popup.

I came to [chat] and saw people discussing and realized I'd better assess from a better vantage point.

I haven't tried clicking any of the : ) or <3 buttons yet.

None of that stuff appears to be in mobile but mobile still doesn't have most smileys working so I wouldn't hold my breath.

• Options

I love you Feral!

Get a rooooom you two!

Is he like O HAI and rips off stripper pants?

I'd

I'd rather not say

*weeps*

narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
  • Options

i don't see the issue

and not an excuse

You missed the point entirely. I wasn't talking about fixing Ye Old Style, which is a user made script, and will be fixed by that user.

okay

what are you bitching about then

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular

what the fuck are

when you agree or awesome something it puts your avatar in their post and makes everything look terrible

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Couscous wrote: »

what the fuck are

People will probably forget they exist after five minutes.

You're probably right, so I am both agreeing with your post and "agreeing" with it.

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    mornin' nerds

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    awww london is sharing the honor with n. ireland, scotland etc

i am liking this ceremony so far

much fewer 5'3" fully grown men jumping up and down in boxes

they should have used my idea

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular

i don't see the issue

I don't want to look a gift horse in the mouth. Free is free and I both appreciate and really like this forum, but come on. It's really up to the website designer to make their website not look ugly.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    so... have they said why they made this here update?

undoing this update is the $1,100,000 stretch goal on the pa kickstarter

getting rid of vanilla is $1,400,000

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options

What on earth

Weird

I just hit refresh on my phone and it was some "4 year anniversary" badge popup.

I came to [chat] and saw people discussing and realized I'd better assess from a better vantage point.

I haven't tried clicking any of the : ) or <3 buttons yet.

None of that stuff appears to be in mobile but mobile still doesn't have most smileys working so I wouldn't hold my breath.
    now i am sure my buttons are just not working for some reason

i want my money back

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Gooey wrote: »

what the fuck are

when you agree or awesome something it puts your avatar in their post and makes everything look terrible

So I see. So I could just plaster a tinier version of my face all over the page? Whee.

• Options
    wait, THAT'S kenneth branagh!?

i thought kenneth branagh was that big lipped black dude...

but wiki says that guy's name is andre braugher

i've been so lost and confused all this time

This discussion has been closed.