As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Prude Victorian Fencing [chat]

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    I got infracted for expressing how shitty this forum "upgrade" is in a poll thread, so watch yourself guys. They are apparently a little touchy about their pet project here.

it looks like you got infracted for being mean about it. it seems like they are ok with more politely worded criticism.

People should be mean about it at this point. This is twice in a row they've "upgraded" the forums in a way that none of the users want, and then when it's brought up how crap it is we're told "To bad, this is how it is".

Why even have a poll thread, really? We're all just going to have to run Stylish scripts anyway, because there won't ever be a decent default style installed, we went through this when we upgraded to Vanilla the first time.

Oh well, I'll take that infraction. Someone has to take one for the team to point out how dumb this is getting.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    The only way this forum could look any uglier is if it looked like this guy I'm looking at right now oh my god that's a mirror AIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    @Suriko are you going to update your extension or just ride the changes out for a bit, see if they tweak stuff
    Suriko has already been busy messin with things in the Ye Olde Style thread

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    What the hell are points?

You get points for getting badges and people liking your posts.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    I got infracted for expressing how shitty this forum "upgrade" is in a poll thread, so watch yourself guys. They are apparently a little touchy about their pet project here.

it looks like you got infracted for being mean about it. it seems like they are ok with more politely worded criticism.

People should be mean about it at this point. This is twice in a row they've "upgraded" the forums in a way that none of the users want, and then when it's brought up how crap it is we're told "To bad, this is how it is".

Why even have a poll thread, really? We're all just going to have to run Stylish scripts anyway, because there won't ever be a decent default style installed, we went through this when we upgraded to Vanilla the first time.

Oh well, I'll take that infraction. Someone has to take one for the team to point out how dumb this is getting.
    It seems like the poll thread disagrees with this

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    I'm still uncertain about whether this was a Penny Arcade upgrade, or a Vanilla upgrade. I assumed the latter, with the Penny Arcade folks then performing modifications afterwards.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    @Suriko are you going to update your extension or just ride the changes out for a bit, see if they tweak stuff

My hero...

also Drez thanks for hanging out last night and buying me a few drinks!

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    its a forum

it still works fine

i honestly dont really care

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Greeper wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I would be so bad at olympic fencing. There would be too many habits for me to break.

You would be okay at Epee, which I prefer because of its similarity to real dueling.

I'm really used to fencing in the round. Fencing on a strip? I'd step off of it all the time.

• Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    fencing is poopy you dont even get a gun...........

i would fence with a gunblade and win every tournament
    indianajones.gif

• Options

If you actually read the response, you'll see the overwhelming response "I voted yes because I like the new features, but god the default style is bad"...just like the first Vanilla upgrade.

Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    The only way this forum could look any uglier is if it looked like this guy I'm looking at right now oh my god that's a mirror AIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

if this was inception it would just fix everything

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    I've never used a style sheet. I can still maek poast. I plan to pretty much ignore most of the new things. I really have no strong opinion on the changes because they don't affect or concern me.

• Options
    GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    Greeper wrote: »
    I would be so bad at olympic fencing. There would be too many habits for me to break.

You would be okay at Epee, which I prefer because of its similarity to real dueling.

I'm really used to fencing in the round. Fencing on a strip? I'd step off of it all the time.

Oh you only need one foot in there anyway.

Or maybe both, but just barely.

Anyway there's a whole style of fencing about abusing the borders of the strip!

But yeah it's basically completely different.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular

My hero...

also Drez thanks for hanging out last night and buying me a few drinks!

No problem. It was good and totally unexpected to see all you chaps. Again, I had NO IDEA you were all out. I thought Deeb and the lady were bar hopping. So when I got there and saw you I was like "cool!"

It was a fun night. I feel bad that I couldn't get Tome comped at the club. :(

I ended up having an even more bizarre night after that, but that's a longish story.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    God damn chu how much they paying you to talk this voodoo

i'm serious!

look at the chrome extensions on the right and then the safari extensions on the left. plus the loud-as-fuck bookmark icons in chrome.

Screen%20Shot%202012-07-28%20at%2010.47.51%20AM.png

safari just looks... nicer. more uniform. integrated.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Wow, just Cause 2 is barrels of fun... i got to the mission where (Exceedingly mild spoiler)
    ninjas are revealed to work for the president... And they disappear in clouds of smokes. So silly, yet so amazingly awesome at the same time.

• Options

If you actually read the response, you'll see the overwhelming response "I voted yes because I like the new features, but god the default style is bad"...just like the first Vanilla upgrade.
    it takes 5 minutes to figure out how to run stylish and fix it

i don't see the issue

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    Do you get notified when people 'agree' with you?

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Sorry I got so sickish last night

i had fun up until then!

• Options
    Funny because Chrome looks way better to me in that shot Chu. Opinions man, they be cray!

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    At the moment my only real problem with it is the 3-5 second load times I'm seeing on all pages...

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    Tiger BurningTiger Burning Dig if you will, the pictureRegistered User, SolidSaints Tube regular
    I've never used a style sheet. I can still maek poast. I plan to pretty much ignore most of the new things. I really have no strong opinion on the changes because they don't affect or concern me.

You are the 99%.

Ain't no particular sign I'm more compatible with
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    its a forum

it still works fine

i don gif a fuq

919UOwT.png
  • Options

i don't see the issue

I run stylish, but things like Ye Old Style are broken right now...and "users will fix it" has never been an acceptable excuse in any other technology circle, not sure why it is here.

• Options
    Also apple has the ugliest minimize, maximize, close buttons. I always forget until I see them in pictures.

• Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular

i don't see the issue

I guarantee that it would take me much longer than that.

But I don't even mind the current style, apart from the blue bars underneath avatars and the little USER things next to them, both of which are glaring and unnecessary.

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    How come Feral has five stars after his name?

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    Bethryn wrote: »
    At the moment my only real problem with it is the 3-5 second load times I'm seeing on all pages...

Yeah I was getting some lag on the full version. Mobile version seems snappier though. I'm sure the lag just needs some ironing out. I hope.

• Options
    oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    The forum upgrade was worth it just for the bookmark button now being accesible on every page.

• Options
    Also apple has the ugliest minimize, maximize, close buttons. I always forget until I see them in pictures.

you're ugly and you fuck ugly women

• Options
    mysticjuicermysticjuicer [he/him] I'm a muscle wizard and I cast P U N C HRegistered User regular
    Honk wrote: »
    How come Feral has five stars after his name?

Because Feral is the best.

I love you Feral!

narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
    My YouTube Channel! Featuring silly little Guilty Gear Strive videos and other stuff!
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    What's your new avatar supposed to be, Chu?

• Options
    edited July 2012
    so i am watching last night's opening ceremony

this 60 second countdown using numbers from all over london is p cool

Organichu on
  • Options

i don't see the issue

I guarantee that it would take me much longer than that.

But I don't even mind the current style, apart from the blue bars underneath avatars and the little USER things next to them, both of which are glaring and unnecessary.
    I mean, all you have to do is google "how do I install stylish" and there are step by step instructions.

It seriously is super easy. It and adblock are the only 2 browser add-ons I run because I normally find them obnoxious and unwieldy

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    man Tommy Merlotte.

I can't decide if I feel bad or I want to beat the shit out of him. (True Blood musings from a drunk man)

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    Basically the forum changes suck because there's still a ~10% chance of getting chucked to page two when you click on a thread.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    edited July 2012
    What's your new avatar supposed to be, Chu?

two jiu jitsu dudes

one is throwing the other

Organichu on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    So this is new. Also it seems to not show when I have unread post in some threads and not others. Oooh is it bug report time again?

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    @Barrakketh Do you think your extension is gonna be fixable, or should I just learn to embrace change

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
This discussion has been closed.