Options

[StarCraft 2] THIS THREAD IS OVER. POST IN THE NEW ONE PEOPLE!

• Options
    KharnastusKharnastus Registered User regular
    axslav vs destiny on that there koth nasl stream! lets get the hate out!

• Options
    crucialityfactorcrucialityfactor Registered User regular
    duck festiny

• Options
    BiosysBiosys Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIjXvrf0qvc

interview with khaldor, by the sons of starcraft dude/tastosis

sadly not a drinking competition between him and artosis

Biosys on
  • Options
    redraptorredraptor Registered User regular
    they should rename 'ladder' to 'escalator that occasionally an insane janitor hits the reverse direction button on and there is nothing you can do'

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    rahhhh, a place near me is having an sc2 tourney today but I didn't see the thread until just now and I have work until right when it starts.

it's a place I've been to too, they have consoles set up and a decent Mortal Kombat community so I've gone to watch games before... had no idea they adopted starcraft for this type of thing. Great news even if I can't make it today.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    KharnastusKharnastus Registered User regular
    So you terrans. this CC first build with its multitudinous options for killing me. is there like a list of sorts for when these attacks hit and what they look like, or am I just going to have to keep playing zvt's that look like DRONES DIE TO PUSH THAT I HAD NO IDEA WAS COMING. for the record my map presence could always be better. Oh and are there any gas timings that would reveal the two port banshee that shows up and kills all my queens. I HAD 8 queen! 8!

• Options
    I can't tell you the timings but the thing to look for would be the second starport (and this isn't me being sarcastic)

afaik 2port banshee and 1port standard hellion/banshee will look the same based on gas count so you need to scout the base. he should, though, have a low enough number of marines that this is possible.

• Options
    TannerMSTannerMS "I'm confidence cause I'm zerg!" Registered User regular
    Kharnastus wrote: »
    So you terrans. this CC first build with its multitudinous options for killing me. is there like a list of sorts for when these attacks hit and what they look like, or am I just going to have to keep playing zvt's that look like DRONES DIE TO PUSH THAT I HAD NO IDEA WAS COMING. for the record my map presence could always be better. Oh and are there any gas timings that would reveal the two port banshee that shows up and kills all my queens. I HAD 8 queen! 8!

Just one of those things, if you can't confirm that it's not 2 port, you need 2 spores and at least 4 queens.

Keep your lings dancing around their ramp always, you can spine reactively on most maps if you catch him moving out.

If you had replays it would be a bit easier to see what you're talking about.

• Options
    KambingKambing Registered User regular
    http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2012/08/tech/gaming.series/korea.html?hpt=hp_c1#cnn_gmsrsstoryscmts
    After the tournament, I talked with the psychologist, Dr. Han, about gaming addiction in Korea. I described MarineKing's training habits, and his personal story. He said the number of hours and the intensity with which he approaches "StarCraft II" borders on addiction.

But there's one difference, he said. Pro gamers usually aren't addicts.

Addicts can't succeed on a higher competitive level, he said. The game takes complete control.

Pros, however, find a magical balance. They're obsessed with the game, maybe, but their playing of it isn't depressive, meandering and hopeless. They're chasing after a goal.

@TwitchTV, @Youtube: master-level zerg ladder/customs, commentary, and random miscellany.
  • Options
    LilnoobsLilnoobs Alpha Queue Registered User regular
    Makes sense. You wouldn't call a professional poker player addicted to gambling. If they were, they wouldn't be very good at poker.

Still, gambling and games are more conducive to promoting addictive behaviors than something like origami.

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    Lilnoobs wrote: »
    Makes sense. You wouldn't call a professional poker player addicted to gambling. If they were, they wouldn't be very good at poker.

Still, gambling and games are more conducive to promoting addictive behaviors than something like origami.

brb, I'm jonesing for one more fold.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    MisterMMisterM UKRegistered User regular
    I'm now imagining a shady looking guy standing in a car park with various colours of paper under his trench coat.

First sheet is always on him.

SCII-EU: MisterM.868 // LoL-EU-West: MisterM868 // Diablo3: MisterM#2476
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SaarutoSaaruto Registered User regular
    Bischu's prospects don't look too good in advancing in TSL4 today do they?

If you can chill, chill.
    Steam ID
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Playing a game a lot, while important, is only half the equation. You can spell Pro Gamer without Pro. Professional. And to be a Professional means having the discipline and passion to do the parts of being a pro that suck. Those are the things the addict won't commit to.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    mEEksamEEksa Registered User regular
    Saaruto wrote: »
    Bischu's prospects don't look too good in advancing in TSL4 today do they?

He may stand a chance if he does nothing but two base all-ins.

• Options
    edited August 2012
    http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/localbattles

local tourney happening nearby, games may not be good but I figured I'll link it.

I will be at the next one, kebeh and hummingbird are planning to come as well. they said it will be September.

edit - hehe, didn't realize how soon tsl4 is :P

Variable on
  • Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    I AM HOME!

Time to watch / "play" some crafting of celestial beings!

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    Definitely going to be switching back and forth between TSL4 and people running fast in London.

If you can chill, chill.
    Steam ID
  • Options
    oh cool the guy who told me I should come to spectate at Local Battles is the guy casting it. that's friendly!

I messaged him on bnet to say thanks. I'm gonna go out there one weekend soon, haven't been in a while, and talk to whoever's working about how awesome they are for integrating starcraft.

• Options
    TSL 4 has begun!

Something tells me they gave everyone TSL+
    ^^'

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    I just left my friends commissioning ceremony, I need some more tax free swag then its TSL4 tiem!

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    The TSL 4 intro is kind of cool but it strikes me as very weird that the terran marine holds a piece of wood with a nail in it.

Cutting edge HotS weaponry, I guess.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    In the interest of fairness they wanted the Terran unit to be on par with the Zerg and Protoss units, so they had to replace the gauss rifle with a piece of wood.

• Options
    Taeja really opening with a build designed to piss of his opponent.

If you can chill, chill.
    Steam ID
  • Options
    Troll build :(

• Options
    Troll build x2 ^_^

@TwitchTV, @Youtube: master-level zerg ladder/customs, commentary, and random miscellany.
  • Options
    Taeja must have something urgent to take care of...

If you can chill, chill.
    Steam ID
  • Options
    When you gotta go, you gotta go.

Bischu made multiple horrible mistakes though.
    Why would you leave stalkers out.
    Why would you send probes to your nat when it's obvious an attack is coming.

He needed to invest that money into an army to hold the imminent attack.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    More like Taeja doesn't want to waste valuable practicing time on someone half his skill level.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Oh man, in base proxy. Taeja is just lol'ing at Bischu.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    o_O

• Options
    Taeja's lowest win rate is higher than Bischu's highest.

Also, yeah Taeja got super greedy there and threw the game away.
    2nd orbital done, going starport(?!), and only one bunker after seeing the gateway count.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    I'm not sure what Taeja was thinking there. He scouted all five gateways and only had one bunker. Baffling decision.

• Options
    mEEksa wrote: »
    I'm not sure what Taeja was thinking there. He scouted all five gateways and only had one bunker. Baffling decision.

I think he was just sitting in his chair lolololing during this series.

• Options
    edited August 2012
    I guess Taeja is being nice and he doesn't want to just outright sweep the guy...
    COBRA KAI

EDIT: If Taeja does not advance it will be a fucking travesty. But that's TSL for you.

Saaruto on
    If you can chill, chill.
    Steam ID
  • Options
    Cheesecheesecheese.

Cheese?

Cheese!

• Options
    What did I say about two base all-ins? The key to beating Taeja.

• Options
    shwaipshwaip Registered User regular
    rofl these last 2 games were terrible. (I missed the first 2, as well).

• Options
    20 mins since TSL4 started

already 4 games in

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    TannerMSTannerMS "I'm confidence cause I'm zerg!" Registered User regular
    The first two games were even worse