As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[StarCraft 2] THIS THREAD IS OVER. POST IN THE NEW ONE PEOPLE!

• Options
    GriswoldGriswold that's rough, buddyRegistered User regular
    MMMig wrote: »
    2. Are you seriously in the top 0.38% of TF2?
    Why the hell aren't you Zerg Korean GM by now?

This is news to me, where are you seeing this?

Also, because Starcraft is stressful to play and I am bad at it.

FFXIV: Brick Shizzhouse - Zalera (Crystal)
    Path of Exile: snowcrash7
    MTG Arena: Snow_Crash#34179
    Battle.net: Snowcrash#1873
  • Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Rank 154 of 40.1K = ridiculously high, if that truly is a rank
    (your sig)

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    If you're unaware of how pub FPS scores work, you gain points for all kind of things and lose them for very few things. A rank is more a function of how much you play on that server than it is of how capable you are.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    SceptreSceptre Registered User regular
    I think that might just be a server specific stat? Either way, it's pretty damn good.

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    All hail @Griswold, Lord of the Teams and of Their Fortresses in their Second Iteration.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    Isn't an FPS just an RTS where you micro your bullets?

and you macro your position?

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    SaarutoSaaruto Registered User regular
    "Breaking news, Valve and Blizzard have teamed up for the official release of DotA 2 so Blizzard doesn't have to do any work. As a consequence the primary concern for HOTS will now be hats. More at 11."

If you can chill, chill.
    Steam ID
  • Options
    redraptorredraptor Registered User regular
    On the topic of HotS, we know in the singleplayer mode you will choose mutations for each of your units giving you a fairly unique Zerg army.

I wonder if they will all be stupid broken like double SCV training, or self harvesting vespene we saw in WoL.

Personally I'd love to see a side game on a custom map ladder where you choose your sub-brood of Zergs, or faction of Terran and get a advantage/disadvantage thing from the small unit distinctions. That would be fun and at least pseudo competitive. Things like that could really catch with the people looking for more casual play on battle.net, without going full MARINE WARZ.

• Options
    SparserLogicSparserLogic Registered User regular
    Ugh. Can I just state that I hate Marines? Seriously, I'm having so much trouble in end game against Terran due to those little bastards. Way more than I used to, did they get buffed or something?

• Options
    shwaipshwaip Registered User regular
    Ugh. Can I just state that I hate Marines? Seriously, I'm having so much trouble in end game against Terran due to those little bastards. Way more than I used to, did they get buffed or something?

terran players just got better. and better at upgrading them.

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    I know there were banelings that didn't die the first time they exploded, and instead split into two smaller banelings. That sounds appropriately imba to me.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    Yilias wrote: »
    I know there were banelings that didn't die the first time they exploded, and instead split into two smaller banelings. That sounds appropriately imba to me.

So marine splits will basically become even awesomer

If you can chill, chill.
    Steam ID
  • Options
    I need to play the HotS custom more.

The swarm hosts seemed a bit underwhelming due to their ridiculous gas cost.
    It felt like you basically can't support any other gas unit mid game, which can be very dangerous.

I need to focus on them more to see their usability. Had 4 attacking a wall but the toss made enough cannons to nullify them before they did any real damage so that wall was never breached.

One possible use is to keep spamming an expo location with one. That way the opponent can't just start building there since it'll constantly get hammered (defensive buildings won't be able to build). It'll force the player to have a small army there to constantly defend, or go and find where that host is spawning from and kill it (which can act as a bait).

The ninja ultras were purty cool....

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    hlprmnkyhlprmnky Registered User regular
    So, I've been in a pretty shitty situation lately - I was supposed to move into a new house, and instead there was a fire at that new house. I am now staying in a Residence Inn while my insurance company, and the insurance company of the flooring contractors who are most likely responsible for the fire (it seems to have started in some bags of sawdust that were left on the asphalt driveway on a sunny 96F afternoon) decide who should pay how much for what.

But! I now have my iMac moved from storage into the room. What have I missed in the last two weeks? Is it true that S7 ends on September 1st? If the hotel wireless is up to the task, I may make a serious run at getting into the gold league before then. All I have to do is maek roach, right? :D

_
    Your Ad Here! Reasonable Rates!
  • Options
    GriswoldGriswold that's rough, buddyRegistered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    If you're unaware of how pub FPS scores work, you gain points for all kind of things and lose them for very few things. A rank is more a function of how much you play on that server than it is of how capable you are.

Pretty much this

FFXIV: Brick Shizzhouse - Zalera (Crystal)
    Path of Exile: snowcrash7
    MTG Arena: Snow_Crash#34179
    Battle.net: Snowcrash#1873
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Sceptre wrote: »
    Is it okay to discuss Heart of the Swarm in here?

In fact, we encourage it!

Yami says we have to believe in the Heart of the Swarm.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    Ugg i just blew a game i should have won. hold off 11/11 1 proxy, but he contains me to 2 bases, starts building seige tanks at my base. hold that off with queens/spines/lings and just keeping his tank count low. I get to mutas, and eventually break the contain.

We were both on 2 bases, but his main was mostly mined out, and I decided to bust him, rather than containing/expanding and maintaining my lead. I end up idra-ing all my mutas, and then slowly lose from there. Also I didn't get bling speed which really hurt me in holding off his attacks.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    this is the longest I've seen nony stream for and the most wins I've seen him get

and it looks like he has 'upcoming schedule' on his overlay thing, I guess stream plans? AWESOME

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Variable wrote: »
    this is the longest I've seen nony stream for and the most wins I've seen him get

and it looks like he has 'upcoming schedule' on his overlay thing, I guess stream plans? AWESOME

He started out the last game i watched by losing 3-4 sentries to sling pressure, but when I tuned back in he was winning. Guess he pulled it out. (or Z UP).

• Options
    mEEksamEEksa Registered User regular

Keep in mind that Nony has gone back on every single streaming plan he has set up so far. Don't get your hopes up.

• Options
    redraptorredraptor Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    I can't decide if |meeks nony hate| > |meeks stephano love| or vice versa.

redraptor on
  • Options
    Remember the NonY streaming challenge? That would have been awesome. Anyways here is the streaming schedule for anyone who missed it:
    5v0io.png

If you can chill, chill.
    Steam ID
  • Options
    crucialityfactorcrucialityfactor Registered User regular
    redraptor wrote: »

It's like comparing Fahrenheit to Celsius...can't be done.

• Options
    crucialityfactorcrucialityfactor Registered User regular
    Ooo Sheth on Kings of Tin in about 20 minutes.

• Options
    LilnoobsLilnoobs Alpha Queue Registered User regular
    redraptor wrote: »

It's like comparing Fahrenheit to Celsius...can't be done.

Except at -40 where both Fahrenheit and Celsius are the same.

• Options
    shwaip wrote: »

I fully believe this. I just need to figure out how to counter it now. Infestors don't seem to be sufficient anymore, not with five different bio packs wandering the map blowing up everything.

• Options
    I don't know that meeks hates him, but you can only get burned so many times by someone you're cheering for

I have a delightfully short memory though. gogo nony.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    shwaip wrote: »

I fully believe this. I just need to figure out how to counter it now. Infestors don't seem to be sufficient anymore, not with five different bio packs wandering the map blowing up everything.

infestors are perfectly sufficient fungal just isn't quite as OP as it used to be and you need banelings and lings at the same time.

• Options
    I guess my problem is that the skill gap required to both fungal and split banes for multiple marine packs might be above me right now. Which seems dumb, to be honest, since there's zero skill required to move a marine pack around the map, or replenish it with infinite reactors.

• Options
    SceptreSceptre Registered User regular
    These things all come with practice. If it's any consolation Terrans in lower leagues usually understand that they should split when banelings come after them, but they have no idea how to actually do it. So you see marines moving all in one clump away then back towards the banelings, sometimes 2-3 marines split off on their own from a pack of 50.

It's a beautiful thing for the zerg player :)

• Options
    I understand how you feel but I promise that's just perception

if you land fungals, splitting banes isn't an issue. if you can't make enough banes to deal with his unsplit marines your problems lie elsewhere (macro!), and if he IS splitting his marines well, that's not exactly zero skill.

just focus on landing fungals and then attacking with banes/lings.

• Options
    itswebitsweb Registered User regular
    you don't need banes if you're upgrading your zerglings and not losing infestors

i have a feeling part of your problem may be creep spread and not having the vision necessary to see these attacks coming

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    I guess my problem is that the skill gap required to both fungal and split banes for multiple marine packs might be above me right now. Which seems dumb, to be honest, since there's zero skill required to move a marine pack around the map, or replenish it with infinite reactors.

controlling multiple marine packs around the map is not any easier than fungalling and a-moving groups of banelings in.

if he doesn't micro them, a pair of fungals and 5-6 banelings will wipe out 30 marines.

• Options
    if you can't make enough banes to deal with his unsplit marines your problems lie elsewhere (macro!), and if he IS splitting his marines well, that's not exactly zero skill.

bingo

• Options
    Early-mid game I'm fine. Its this late game 14reactor-7different rally never-ending mineral stream that is just too much for me currently. Banes can't even touch them, they simply die before reaching them and drops certainly don't work. Nothing in my arsenal can stand up to a bunch of marines right now, its extremely frustrating to out-macro someone and lose simply because they don't need gas to compete.

• Options
    Early-mid game I'm fine. Its this late game 14reactor-7different rally never-ending mineral stream that is just too much for me currently. Banes can't even touch them, they simply die before reaching them and drops certainly don't work. Nothing in my arsenal can stand up to a bunch of marines right now, its extremely frustrating to out-macro someone and lose simply because they don't need gas to compete.

upgrades are super, super important vs marine heavy stuff. if you could post a replay of you losing to this style, you could probably get a few pointers from both sides of the matchup.

• Options

if you are losing to pure attack moved marines you are not out macroing anybody

• Options
    I guess I'm not communicating sufficiently: I kill them, and I kill them by the droves, they just never seem to end and the larger packs are unkillable thanks to stim and medivacs allowing them to take out anything that comes near.

• Options
    Dhalphir wrote: »

Whatever. I'm not going to argue theory with you, I'm not making this shit up.

• Options
    Dhalphir wrote: »

Whatever. I'm not going to argue theory with you, I'm not making this shit up.

please post a replay. chances are you're both talking past each other, or neglecting some other part of the equation.

if you do a good job of macroing and upgrading, you can beat a-moved mmm with infestor/ling. if you fall behind on either, you end up getting destroyed by it.