As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Blood Bowl] Blood Bowl 3 is out; praise Nuffle!

• Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Been searching for the PA league. Realized I was playing regular blood bowl not bloow bowl 2.

I R smart

Ok, since I'm obviously not very bright at the moment, joined with an orc tem We R Smash. (so wish I could do the R backwards haha). Gonna play around with the AI to get used tot he interface (should have been my first clue that I wasn't playing the new one. I thought the PC version was maybe just shitty lol)

Gonna try out one of these new races against some AI

RickRude on
  • Options
    So, how do I do the new endless mode? I can't seem to find it. Do I need to do the campaign once? It was fun enough on xbox but I wasn't planning on playikng htrough it again as it was basically a tutorial.

• Options
    ZeroCowZeroCow Registered User regular
    RickRude wrote: »
    So, how do I do the new endless mode? I can't seem to find it. Do I need to do the campaign once? It was fun enough on xbox but I wasn't planning on playikng htrough it again as it was basically a tutorial.

It's under league options

PSN ID - Buckeye_Bert
    Magic Online - Bertro
  • Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    Join a league with a team (doesnt have to be a new team) and you can choose between the solo, multi, or eternal options.

• Options
    So far we have my Ogres and and joshofalltrade's Goblins in the league. Everyone else, I have accepted your request to join, now you have to go back to your team and use the "ticket" the game sent you to actually join the league for real.

Yes, this is a stupid system. Again, talk to Cyanide, not me.

Once everyone joins for real we will have:

@Veevee - Uhhhhh.... Name? - Ogres
    @joshofalltrades - Class Clowns - Goblins
    @Moridin889 - Liche Leaguers - Khemri
    @Ketar - Dryden Dodgers - Wood Elf
    @Lord_Asmodeus - Ariagful Aurochs - Chaos Dwarf
    @RickRude - We R Smash - Orc
    @Phoenix-D - The Splats - Halfling
    @TIFunkalicious - Gridiron Geists - Undead (May have to drop)

I gotta say, that is A LOT more than I expected, and it completes the necessary 8. If more want to join I can restart the league, but if no one else is interested we might be good to go.

Also, if you quote this post, please remove the batsignals.

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Right-o, will pop on now and use the ticket then.

I should probably try to get a game or 2 in with other teams - I haven't played Blood Bowl in a while.

• Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    I'm in in

Man those halflings have a couple of rerolls there

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Moridin889 wrote: »
    I'm in in

The Goblins have 6

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    Glad I didn't choose vampires. 2 games into them in endless mode, and not sure I'm liking them. Of course second game I played against a chaos team and they just destroyed me so that could have dampened the fun a bit.

Finally have enough for an apocathary but think I have to buy more thralls to be able to field 11

• Options
    Getting the hang of vampires. I have 3 good guys and the rest suck is what i've figured out lol. One vamp rolled double 6's on upgrade so he's at 4 strengh. He has dodge so he's scored quite a bit. Been having to play an elf like game with those 3 it seems. Trying to bruise has been a mistake

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Finally have enough for an apocathary but think I have to buy more thralls to be able to field 11

If you have less than 11 players you are loaned enough of your lowest priced unit (Thrall for Vampires) to get to 11 at the start of your next game. Only downside is those loaned players have the loner tag and seem to take the MVP more often than not. A lot of the time getting the apothecary and rerolls before replacing the cannon fodder players is the smart move. The one real downside to getting less promotions is that it can hold a team back by not getting as many promotions as you would have, but even that isn't really a bad thing.

Veevee on
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    For some teams like Goblins I would go as far as to say promotions can be bad. I like to keep my TV low so I can get free bribes every match and foul the hell out of the opposition.

• Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    I'm in in

And I'll need them all.

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    I'm playing a solo ai league with a lizardmen team and the AI... doesn't always make great decisions. I'm afraid it might be giving me an inflated sense of my own tactical acumen

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    I made a friend last night!

He incidentally won the chaos cup and is one of the worlds best bloodbowl player. Huh what a weird coincidence.

I mention this because when I do so so SO poorly, you guys know this is after being coached by the best.

• Options
    edited February 2019

He incidentally won the chaos cup and is one of the worlds best luckiest bloodbowl player. Huh what a weird coincidence.

I mention this because when I do so so SO poorly, you guys know this is after being coached by the best.

Fix'd. Not to diminish his skills, as I do believe they are legit, but let's be real here. No amount of skill will save you from rolling and rerolling double, or triple, skulls.

Veevee on
  • Options
    JuliusJulius Captain of Serenity on my shipRegistered User regular
    I'm playing a solo ai league with a lizardmen team and the AI... doesn't always make great decisions. I'm afraid it might be giving me an inflated sense of my own tactical acumen

The AI is pretty decent. It usually does the correct order of going from safest to least safe actions, and it avoids giving you (good) blocks.

It's way more likely that the dice are giving you an inflated sense of genius.

• Options
    BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    Veevee wrote: »

He incidentally won the chaos cup and is one of the worlds best luckiest bloodbowl player. Huh what a weird coincidence.

Fix'd. Not to diminish his skills, as I do believe they are legit, but let's be real here. No amount of skill will save you from rolling and rerolling double, or triple, skulls.

Ah, but skill can prevent your whole game from depending on that one throw of the block dice, and it can pull your game out of the shitter afterward if it does.

• Options
    That said the AI seems to go for a really slow turtling game most of the time, and it's relatively easy to delay that further. Even the fast teams take ages to score. And I think it doesn't account for what turn it is, so it will just do the same thing on turn 7 as it would on 4.

Arguably the biggest problem is that the AI is terrible at leagues. With TV1000 games it's all right, but it is easy to just way outvalue your opponent in a league. And the AI is terrible at building up teams.

• Options
    In my eternal league getting the hang of vampires. Have enough for a 4th now, but mat want that 6th reroll first. 3 of them can be a pain to manage at times.

I do not know how to face bash teams unless I use my vampires like elves and try to fleetly work m6 way up the field with dodge. Have one with 5 strength so he's a terror. Played an orc team to a draw and just could get him to stop bashing me, and an early cage on my receive failed miserable got a 0-0 draw. Oh well, the orc team was 4-0 before this.

• Options
    When are we looking to possibly start our league? Are there more interested teams or does it seem like it'll be 8?

• Options
    In my eternal league getting the hang of vampires. Have enough for a 4th now, but mat want that 6th reroll first. 3 of them can be a pain to manage at times.

I do not know how to face bash teams unless I use my vampires like elves and try to fleetly work m6 way up the field with dodge. Have one with 5 strength so he's a terror. Played an orc team to a draw and just could get him to stop bashing me, and an early cage on my receive failed miserable got a 0-0 draw. Oh well, the orc team was 4-0 before this.

The Fummbl guide doesn't have any specific tips for bashy teams (aside from taking kick), but I think in general you just have to protect your vampires and resign yourself to losing a thrall or two (or six). The main problem being that you don't have enough players. Probably smartest to get rid of the low AV/ST guys their team has so they have a harder time getting assists.

• Options
    edited February 2019
    I haven't gotten a 9th request, but I am waiting for TIFunkalicious to let me know if he will actually be able to join. There is a thing that may prevent them from playing, and I was told they'll find out later this week. Once I know for sure they'll be playing I will get this started. TIFunkalicious did say they would be happy to bow out for someone else, so if anyone else wants to play let me know.

The league is a Round Robin league, so everyone will play each other once. 3 points for a win, 1 for a tie, and the team with the most points after 7 rounds wins the competition. I can set it up so that everyone automatically receive a "ticket" to a second round robin competition as a season 2, and I can also set it to auto-send a ticket to a ladder competition to the top 2 or 4 teams as a playoffs if we'd like.

Edit: I will be around tonight if anyone wants to get a game in

Veevee on
  • Options
    I'm interested in joining but I'm in Europe so dunno but i think it would be hard to align schedules. (I'm six hours ahead of EST.)

• Options

Ah, but skill can prevent your whole game from depending on that one throw of the block dice, and it can pull your game out of the shitter afterward if it does.

True, but the amount of luck this game is based on means, IMO, that the top players aren't really separated by skill but by how lucky they are.

I am probably mostly bitter over the time I had a +ST Yhetee killed by a skink by rolling, and then rerolling, triple skulls.

• Options
    I haven't gotten a 9th request, but I am waiting for TIFunkalicious to let me know if he will actually be able to join. There is a thing that may prevent them from playing, and I was told they'll find out later this week. Once I know for sure they'll be playing I will get this started. TIFunkalicious did say they would be happy to bow out for someone else, so if anyone else wants to play let me know.

The league is a Round Robin league, so everyone will play each other once. 3 points for a win, 1 for a tie, and the team with the most points after 7 rounds wins the competition. I can set it up so that everyone automatically receive a "ticket" to a second round robin competition as a season 2, and I can also set it to auto-send a ticket to a ladder competition to the top 2 or 4 teams as a playoffs if we'd like.

Edit: I will be around tonight if anyone wants to get a game in

Would this just be a random game with teams from our league with no permanent changes to teams or different teams?

I might be up to play one

• Options

True, but the amount of luck this game is based on means, IMO, that the top players aren't really separated by skill but by how lucky they are.

I am probably mostly bitter over the time I had a +ST Yhetee killed by a skink by rolling, and then rerolling, triple skulls.

RNG evens out though. Yeah the guy at #1 currently may not be the best player ever, but being at the top of the group does require skill. And anyway the luckiest player is Jeff, who has never played the game before but has rolled nothing but the best results the last three matches. You may think that GFI twice into tackle zones for a touchdown is crazy risky, but not for Jeff!

• Options
    And I just got the go ahead from TIFunk, so we are good to go and the competition is now live!

@Moridin889 vs @Phoenix-D
    @Ketar vs @Veevee
    @joshofalltrades vs @RickRude
    @Lord_Asmodeus vs @TIFunkalicious

RickRude, I'm open to anything really. I have a different TV1000 Ogre and Norse, 1100 Dwarves, 1410 Norse, and a 1900 mixed team I'd be willing to play, or I could make a new one. I don't think we can play our league teams now that the competition has started.

• Options
    Khemeri as a first opponent, eh? This should be.. interesting

• Options
    Actually, looking into it, we could play a friendly match with our league teams. Friendly matches are apparently like vegas; what happens in a friendly stays in the friendly.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Do we need to log in simultaneously? Or does it just let us take our turn whenever?

• Options
    TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    btw I am Travis Ross on Steam and have a different avatar

Someone needed to tell 17 year old me to come up with better forum names

• Options
    Do we need to log in simultaneously? Or does it just let us take our turn whenever?

Simultaneously. The opponent has decisions to make during your turn. (Red blocks, interceptions, and apothecary use mostly)

• Options

Yes, you and the other player you are playing need to be logged in and play the game at the same time. Once both are on go to "Play in a league", have your team highlighted, you'll see your opponent shown as online, then hit the play game button in the bottom right to start the game.

No, all 8 of us do not need to be online and play all 4 games at once.

• Options
    @RickRude when are your orcs planning on demolishing some gobbos?

• Options
    Phoenix-D wrote: »

Simultaneously. The opponent has decisions to make during your turn. (Red blocks, interceptions, and apothecary use mostly)

And Side Step, Shadowing and (I think) Pro are skills that require decisions on your opponents turn.

• Options
    Phoenix-D wrote: »
    Khemeri as a first opponent, eh? This should be.. interesting

If it makes you feel better, I am really bad at this game. And your treemen are real strong

• Options
    ShadowofVTShadowofVT Robot Overlord Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Damn I'm a little upset at myself for missing a chance to join this league, but I kind of have a lot going on right now so it's probably for the best. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on things for other opportunities to play, and if you're a BB player please add me as a friend on Steam!

• Options
    I’m available for games tomorrow whenever, it’s my day off

• Options
    @RickRude when are your orcs planning on demolishing some gobbos?

@joshofalltrades I'm available the rest of the night, and probably this weekend. Small window tomorrow but not sure what time. I have to go to a doctor's appointment out if town, going RI war with my gf. And stop in to see a friend. Will be back between 7-10 pst.