As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Blood Bowl] Blood Bowl 3 is out; praise Nuffle!

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    :bro:

• Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    Ketar and I will be playing tonight, starting around 10:15pm Central, and I will have steam set to allow friends to watch. No discord, so if someone is watching I'll send them an invite to a group steam chat.

• Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    Veevee wrote: »
    Ketar and I will be playing tonight, starting around 10:15pm Central, and I will have steam set to allow friends to watch. No discord, so if someone is watching I'll send them an invite to a group steam chat.

This is east to view in the client right? If I'm not playing family board games maybe I'll tune in

• Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    RickRude wrote: »

This is east to view in the client right? If I'm not playing family board games maybe I'll tune in

Yup, just click cabal TV on the main screen, click search, and enter the league name (The PA Cup)

If any game is playing itll show up

• Options
    Moridin889 wrote: »

Yup, just click cabal TV on the main screen, click search, and enter the league name (The PA Cup)

If any game is playing itll show up

That's a cool feature built in.

Believe I will be playing my game in the 2nd cup tomorrow. Played a vampire vs ai match and I am scared my vamps are going to bloodlusts all game. I'm not exactly sure how you're supposed to play them and the ai hasn't given a real challenge.

• Options
    edited March 2019
    You can also stream from the steam client or website. You'll have to be signed in and friends with me on steam, and then go to my profile on the steam website or the client and select watch stream.

Veevee on
  • Options
    You can also stream from the steam client or website. You'll have to be signed in and friends with me on steam, and then go to my profile on the steam website or the client and select watch stream.

Yeah but that makes us watch only what you do and in the BB client we can flip the view and inspect whatever we want. Also the steam client had weird latency issues /rant

• Options
    Moridin889 wrote: »

Yeah but that makes us watch only what you do and in the BB client we can flip the view and inspect whatever we want. Also the steam client had weird latency issues /rant

True, but if you cant watch any other way it's better than nothing.

• Options
    That was a brutal, lopsided game of Blood Bowl. You're patience must be off the charts for staying to the end of that one, Ketar.

3 Badly Hurt, 2 with a loss of movement, and 1 death for the Bretonnians. My Yhetee was knocked out for a couple rounds. Norse succeeded in 67 blocks while Bretonnians succeeded in 26 blocks. Bretonnians possessed the ball for a solid 75% of the match, but 62% of the match they held the ball in their own side.

Norse wins 2-0.

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    I have no words after that game. Just a burning desire to delete Blood Bowl 2. Or play as dwarves from now on.

• Options
    Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    Ketar wrote: »
    I have no words after that game. Just a burning desire to delete Blood Bowl 2. Or play as dwarves from now on.

Functionally identical.

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular

Functionally identical.

Don’t worry as long as you haven’t started playing chaos dwarf kill teams you aren’t the worse kind of person on earth.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Praise Nuffle!

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular

Functionally identical.

Don’t worry as long as you haven’t started playing chaos dwarf kill teams you aren’t the worse kind of person on earth.

Yeah everybody knows Chaos makes the best kill teams

• Options

Functionally identical.

What makes chaos dwarfs bad? I looked at one of the teams that was, and they looked strong like dwarfs but it seemed they had actual playmaking ability. At least they started with skills that made it seem that way.

I had a high TV Value Chaos team on xbox I used to love to play with. They seemed like orcs but just better once you evolved them.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Chaos Dwarfs aren't a bad team.

But, if you choose to play with them, you are a bad person.

Playing against Chaos teams is mainly about accepting 5+ casualties and losing the game 2-0.

• Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    I'd only be able to play late, like after 11PM Central

The rest of my week is pretty free in the evenings if that's an issue

Sunday is open from around 11am until 5pm.

• Options

Playing against Chaos teams is mainly about accepting 5+ casualties and losing the game 2-0.

What I meant was what's their downside? Seems most teams have a downside.

• Options

Functionally identical.

What makes chaos dwarfs bad? I looked at one of the teams that was, and they looked strong like dwarfs but it seemed they had actual playmaking ability. At least they started with skills that made it seem that way.

I had a high TV Value Chaos team on xbox I used to love to play with. They seemed like orcs but just better once you evolved them.

Chaos dwarves are not bad they are one of the best teams in the game , I just fucking hate playing against them

• Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular

Their downside is that your opponent gets to punch you in the gut after every game. In tournaments they’re allowed to use an armoured gauntlet.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    Mr_Rose wrote: »

Their downside is that your opponent gets to punch you in the gut after every game. In tournaments they’re allowed to use an armoured gauntlet.
    Chaos dwarves are not bad they are one of the best teams in the game , I just fucking hate playing against them

I know what you meant. Losing with a Chaos team, especially the dwarves, simply means that you lost a bunch of dice rolls in pretty specific ways. They have high strength and high armour. They are the ultimate definition of 'bashy' even when compared against standard dwarf teams. If you were to select to play with them, the most likely outcome is a victory for you. Generally a 2-0 final score because of the slow movement. You will end up with a bucket of SPP due to the various injuries and deaths you will likely cause against more fragile teams. Which, it turns out, is practically everybody else.

Wins are not completely guaranteed. But, as I said, losing whilst playing as them basically means failed dice rolls or complete managerial incompetence. Games are slow and plodding. If they're the Chaos Dwarfs, then expect to see/use an all but unbreakable cage to march down the field.

This is why people don't like playing against them. It is frustrating to run up against. The downside to using them is mostly about whether-or-not you feel bad for picking a steamroller to smash a child's sand castle. And the child along with it.

• Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    Hey I'm sorry but I'm gonna have to drop. Things have gotten weird on my end so I can't promise consistency which I kinda proved last night. Hope yall got a ringer.

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    The downside to Chaos Dwarves is they are slow, can’t pass the ball, and can’t deal with agile teams that refuse to play their reindeer games.

• Options
    Hey I'm sorry but I'm gonna have to drop. Things have gotten weird on my end so I can't promise consistency which I kinda proved last night. Hope yall got a ringer.

Do what you need to do, and come back when you can. I'll see about a finding replacement.

• Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    I played two tournaments with my Amazon's in an AI eternal league and just got.. bored. Amazon's are more or less the same.

So I made an eternal team of the good guys - Human, Elf, Halfling, Dwarf, and Brettonians.

Did some Dwarf Long beards, elfish receivers and Brettonians blitzers.

I didn't want to be super min max so I have a human thrower and no big men.

So, fourth round first game my Elfish receiver catches a beauty of a pass trips over his own feet on the roll to get into the endzone.

And. He. Fucking. Died.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    MrBody wrote: »

Damnit I'm the worst

What's your steam ID?

• Options
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    I played two tournaments with my Amazon's in an AI eternal league and just got.. bored. Amazon's are more or less the same.

So I made an eternal team of the good guys - Human, Elf, Halfling, Dwarf, and Brettonians.

Did some Dwarf Long beards, elfish receivers and Brettonians blitzers.

I didn't want to be super min max so I have a human thrower and no big men.

So, fourth round first game my Elfish receiver catches a beauty of a pass trips over his own feet on the roll to get into the endzone.

And. He. Fucking. Died.

Welcome to blood bowl

• Options

TIF, are you available during the day? I'll be around all afternoon tomorrow.

• Options
    TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    only after 5PM central

• Options

Damnit I'm the worst

What's your steam ID?

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197992801175/

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    so I've been a bit distracted by work since my direct manager was on vacation for a bit. Is there a game that I should be setting up with anyone to continue a league?

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    so I've been a bit distracted by work since my direct manager was on vacation for a bit. Is there a game that I should be setting up with anyone to continue a league?

In the first league I believe we're still waiting on a game to be played and in the second one I'm not sure. My opponent is dropping so not sure the state of mTchups there

• Options

Damnit I'm the worst

What's your steam ID?

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197992801175/

I think it was a friend request form you I accepted. Ready any time to arrange a game.

• Options
    So is this thing done? Or are we still waiting for games to be played? We had enough interest to start another league yet are we waiting for 2 people to finish their games? It's been a month....

• Options
    Yeah sorry. I’ve been having life stuff happen. I can play my game this weekend.

• Options
    Yeah sorry. I’ve been having life stuff happen. I can play my game this weekend.

I'm free most of Saturday and all Sunday

• Options
    So I'm just going to assume both leagues are dead. Sad :(

• Options
    Well if they are various long standing leagues on reddit you can join and play in but most of them are European so there will be a huge time zone issue potentially.

• Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    There seems to be REBBL leagues for different timezones - one of my friends is playing in an Oceanic league.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    edited May 2019
    My son wanted to watch me play a game last night, after not playing for about 6 months. Dwarfs(me) vs Skaven(ai). Double skulls, reroll, double skulls again. Ah that takes me back. I only need a few more trophies for the platinum. Getting one of my players to die and then be MVP is way to RNG for me to really go after so that will probably never happy. Also I forgot just how shit the interface and menus are. Hopefully cyanide can do a better job for 3.

furlion on
    sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion