As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

oh god its full of [chat]

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    wow damn jacob I never realized that that thumb button seems to be the fucking dictator of expensive vs. cheap

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    Hmm, so Protomen show tommorow night that I'm definitely going to, and another Protomen show sunday night that I probably shouldn't go to since I'll have a couple hour drive afterwards and have to work in the morning, but they're doing an all Queen tribute set :(

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    DaemonSadi wrote: »
    my brother is doing a stress test for [HIGHLY ANTICIPATED NEW GAME IN REDACTED SERIES]

he's excited but the first game was such garbage it means i have 0 enthusiasm for anything

Does that mean there were only 2 games? Is it GW2? Because that wasn't NDA so it's totally cool to talk about... it was yesterday.

no this is a console series

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    my brother is doing a stress test for [HIGHLY ANTICIPATED NEW GAME IN REDACTED SERIES]

he's excited but the first game was such garbage it means i have 0 enthusiasm for anything

Does that mean there were only 2 games? Is it GW2? Because that wasn't NDA so it's totally cool to talk about... it was yesterday.

Well you should tell us anyway because you didn't agree to the NDA, only he did! :P

• Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Aldo wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    the amount of handwringing and grumbling about going F2P in the TOR thread is puzzling

Can you bottom line it for me? WHy would people bitch about free 2 play?
    A service was designed for millions of dollars for a particular business model. A year later the publishers ditch the model and move to a radically different model.

If you were someone who made use of that service, wouldn't you be a little worried that maybe they changed from one model to the next because the service is not profitable and if this doesn't work either they might just pull the plug and leave you hanging?

Its not like TOR didnt have huge issues at launch f2p was an inevitability hell I would say it was planned and they only put out boxed copies to recoup some cash while they could.

Eh, I guess. Considering there's only this and Clone Wars Adventures as the only two star wars MMOs maybe people are a bit scared that their favourite franchise won't be popular enough in the long run.

Also, this is Bioware's first fullblown MMO and it's an extremely costly project, so I think the well-being of SWTOR is important to people who want to enjoy more huge undertakings from them.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Variable wrote: »
    wow damn jacob I never realized that that thumb button seems to be the fucking dictator of expensive vs. cheap

I know, right! wtf

• Options
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    guys what is a good reasonably priced optical mouse with a scroll wheel and a few extra buttons

the scroll wheel on this thing has suddenly stopped working and now the cursor drifts all over the fucking place

logitech something

they have these "gaming mice" that just scream ripoff to me but the cheaper ones don't seem to have the handy thumb buttons

if I have to pay twenty more bux for a thumb button I am going to be mad
    http://www.logitech.com/nl-nl/mice-pointers/mice/5743

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I couldn't shit for three days once.

when I finally did it hurt but the relief afterwards was unbelievable. I felt amazing for several hours.

there, poop story.
    i'm on like a weekly schedule. it's the worst.

• Options
    Seriously @Jacobkosh the Logitech M500 is the mouse you are looking for.

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    SWTOR was pretty much crap and I think EA expected it to float them the same way that WoW floats Activision. Activision is pretty fucked, though. They have a lot of reliance on Blizzard. When MOP releases, it'll probably hemorrhage subscribers faster than previous expansions. but I mean this is just gut feeling shit

i'd have to look at their F/S

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    I poop thrice a day

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

Console game series ...
    First game was garbage ...
    Cass doesn't like it ...
    Cass is Canadian, eh ...

Assassin's Creed 3.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    I poop thrice a day

Me too! I average 2-3 a day!

We're butt-buddies!

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    GUYS QUICK!

How bad is the movie:

League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

My guess is SO BAD.

But I have reasons that I need to know. REASONS.

The mere mention of that movie throws Alan Moore into a fit of rage.

• Options
    gosh scooby doo

you solved the case

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Arch wrote: »
    the amount of handwringing and grumbling about going F2P in the TOR thread is puzzling

Can you bottom line it for me? WHy would people bitch about free 2 play?
    A service was designed for millions of dollars for a particular business model. A year later the publishers ditch the model and move to a radically different model.

If you were someone who made use of that service, wouldn't you be a little worried that maybe they changed from one model to the next because the service is not profitable and if this doesn't work either they might just pull the plug and leave you hanging?

Its not like TOR didnt have huge issues at launch f2p was an inevitability hell I would say it was planned and they only put out boxed copies to recoup some cash while they could.

Eh, I guess. Considering there's only this and Clone Wars Adventures as the only two star wars MMOs maybe people are a bit scared that their favourite franchise won't be popular enough in the long run.

Also, this is Bioware's first fullblown MMO and it's an extremely costly project, so I think the well-being of SWTOR is important to people who want to enjoy more huge undertakings from them.

Ehhh not really, Bioware Austin fucked up but it has no bearing on Bioware Edmonton. I really feel little sympathy for anyone in charge over there. TOR came out and was pretty uninnovative the game was stuck in 2006 as far as innovation goes in the MMO genre.

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    guys what is a good reasonably priced optical mouse with a scroll wheel and a few extra buttons

the scroll wheel on this thing has suddenly stopped working and now the cursor drifts all over the fucking place

logitech something

they have these "gaming mice" that just scream ripoff to me but the cheaper ones don't seem to have the handy thumb buttons

ah. I have a gaming mouse but it's razer... umm, razer is good but I don't even think they have lower level options.

check out Steelseries. supposed to be fantastic mice and they may have some cheaper models with extra buttons.

I'm pretty sure steelseries is just as pricey as razer if not worse unfortunately. Their low-end three button mouse is still $45. They're supposed to be pretty good, but meh.

Microsoft is pretty good about cheap simple 5 button mice though. Logitech probably has some good choices but they're moving more and more of their not-expensive gamer stuff over to wireless which you may or may not want.

twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I have owned two Razer Mice

they were both shiiiit. I never understood the Razer love.

• Options
    GUYS QUICK!

How bad is the movie:

My guess is SO BAD.

Is it like... unwatchably bad?

Is there any such situation where I could make it enjoyable?

• Options
    TehSloth wrote: »

logitech something

ah. I have a gaming mouse but it's razer... umm, razer is good but I don't even think they have lower level options.

check out Steelseries. supposed to be fantastic mice and they may have some cheaper models with extra buttons.

I'm pretty sure steelseries is just as pricey as razer if not worse unfortunately. Their low-end three button mouse is still $45. They're supposed to be pretty good, but meh.

Microsoft is pretty good about cheap simple 5 button mice though. Logitech probably has some good choices but they're moving more and more of their not-expensive gamer stuff over to wireless which you may or may not want.

yeah I figured they probably were but I thought I'd mention it

aldo seems to have found a good answer

• Options
    Ludious wrote: »

I would probably buy steelseris next just to try it but I've never had an issue with a razer mouse myself. I use the lachesis, most comfortable mouse I've ever had.

• Options
    tyrannus wrote: »
    SWTOR was pretty much crap and I think EA expected it to float them the same way that WoW floats Activision. Activision is pretty fucked, though. They have a lot of reliance on Blizzard. When MOP releases, it'll probably hemorrhage subscribers faster than previous expansions. but I mean this is just gut feeling shit

i'd have to look at their F/S

Here we go
    WoW Loses 1.1M Subscribers, Down to 9.1M
    Activision Blizzard latest earning call revealed that World of Warcraft lost another 1,100,000 subscribers last quarter, bringing us down to 9.1 million players. Some things they made note of on the call are coming up, see the stream below or visit Activision to listen in.

Notes

16.9 million Battle.net users.
    10 million D3 copies sold, 1.2 million from annual pass.
    Most of the WoW Subscription losses were from the East.
    Losses are from people playing Diablo 3 and leaving until the new expansion.
    4.7 million people watched the event at MLG for Heart of the Swarm.
    Mists of Pandaria will utilize TV and online ads leading up to the launch.
    The China launch Mists of Pandaria will hopefully launch as soon as possible, not likely in Q3

Track record:
    Q1 2011 - 600,000 subscribers lost
    Q2 2011 - 300,000 subscribers lost
    Q3 2011 - 800,000 subscribers lost
    Q4 2011 - 100,000 subscribers lost.
    Q1 2012 - 0 subscribers lost.
    Q2 2012 - 1,100,000 subscribers lost.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    GUYS QUICK!

How bad is the movie:

My guess is SO BAD.

To be fair, some of that is because he got dragged into giving an eight-hour deposition because some dickass sued the movie makers for "stealing his idea." He had to sit there and patiently explain over and over to a roomful of lawyers that the comic had come out years before either the movie or the other dude's whatever-it-was.

But yeah it really is an astonishingly shitty movie.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    GUYS QUICK!

How bad is the movie:

My guess is SO BAD.

marijuana?
    I mean, if you're cool with supporting cartel murders in mexico and terrorism.

• Options
    GUYS QUICK!

How bad is the movie:

My guess is SO BAD.

I love League its a super fun popcorm movie, just don't think too hard about it.

Alan Moore is an old bitter man who will never be happy.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    GUYS QUICK!

How bad is the movie:

My guess is SO BAD.

To be fair, some of that is because he got dragged into giving an eight-hour deposition because some dickass sued the movie makers for "stealing his idea." He had to sit there and patiently explain over and over to a roomful of lawyers that the comic had come out years before either the movie or the other dude's whatever-it-was.

League of Extraordinary Gentleman was a bad movie for the same reason Street Fighter was a bad movie - no respect for the source material, big name actors phoning it in.

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    these 32" pants are starting to feel a little loose

yeah poor podly diet!

now, assuming I get this new job, I need to get a new gym membership and keep this waistline while killing the love handles and moobs.

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Echo wrote: »
    Echo wrote: »
    30 minutes until the servers go up so I can play some [REDACTED].

Hmmm now Im wondering what it is.

I assume Planetside or the LotRO Expansion

FOR THE SOVEREIGNTY

Damn, P Jealous also you are scum

fuck you and your hover tanks

I will sing for you the song of my people

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIcse2aPFOs

• Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2012
    Fittin into 2x Slim shirts like a boss.

Sheep on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Vanu's theme sounds like something straight from Deus Ex: HR.

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    hahahaha

apparently this is a legit artifact from the 19th century

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/visibleproofs/media/detailed/ii_b_120.jpg

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    desc i dont want to read promethea it is so booooeing

whine, whine

THIS ISSUE IS ALL ABOUT TAROT CARDS

NOW THIS ISSUE IS KABALLAH
    desc i dont want to read promethea it is so booooeing

whine, whine

THIS ISSUE IS ALL ABOUT TAROT CARDS

NOW THIS ISSUE IS KABALLAH

@skippydumptruck

Have you ever considered not being completely wrong?

Spoilers: I read your reaction to all star superman so I know you have not considered this.

• Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Podly wrote: »
    hahahaha

Must be an ancient relative of Dan Akroyd.

http://crystalheadvodka.com/welcome

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    hahahaha

Proper labeling is key.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Everyone at work keeps looking at my Nexus 7

I show them Dead Trigger

and they are converts

• Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    GUYS QUICK!

How bad is the movie:

My guess is SO BAD.

League of Extraordinary Gentleman was a bad movie for the same reason Street Fighter was a bad movie - no respect for the source material, big name actors phoning it in.

Man, the guy who played M. Bison was not phoning it in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GF1KKAs-RmY

• Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    And ca
    hahahaha

The ancient scrolls that came with it warn never to trust a big butt and a smile.

• Options
    Ludious wrote: »

I would probably buy steelseris next just to try it but I've never had an issue with a razer mouse myself. I use the lachesis, most comfortable mouse I've ever had.

I feel the same about my Orochi, it's small but it feels perfect.

twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    Partying partying
    YEAH
    partying partying
    YEAH
    FUN FUN FUN FUN
    looking forward to the weekend

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    So the Cubs organist got thrown out of a game for playing Three Blind Mice in response to an umpire call.

This discussion has been closed.