As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat] of Olympic Tat

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    It really is jarring going to freerepublic and seeing the general sentiment that Sikhs are super cool.

I guess because both groups really hate "Mooslems"

super cool, just not cool enough to bombard twitter or facebook with prayer vigil memes, I guess. That's reserved for kidnapped white girls and other white tragedies.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    I will also be fixing my house when I buy it. I'm handy because my dad apparently was trained by the air force on how to build houses or something.

I could fix pretty much everything but electrical if I needed to. Though I'd rather attempt electrical than plumbing. Fuck plumbing.

Electrical scares the ever loving piss out of me.
    You're basically tooling around with magic murder death wires.

I've changed two light switches in my life and felt the need to update my will before each one.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I will also be fixing my house when I buy it. I'm handy because my dad apparently was trained by the air force on how to build houses or something.

I could fix pretty much everything but electrical if I needed to. Though I'd rather attempt electrical than plumbing. Fuck plumbing.

I've changed two light switches in my life and felt the need to update my will before each one.

literally.

electricity.jpeg

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Sheep wrote: »
    I guess it's true that the dude was a right winger. All of the rightie blogs I frequent have completely stopped posting about it.

White middle aged man with a 9/11 tattoo and was a former army washout. Right winger sounds correct to me.

Its not 100% confirmed yet but Southern Poverty Law Center has linked him to National Alliance, a skinhead group

He is also the head of a neo-nazi band called End Apathy or so has been reported as well. The one picture that someone grabbed off his myspace I think has him in front of a Nazi flag.

Also still blows my mind that these people shoot Sikhs. Sikhs as a religion are as inoffensive as religions go. I mean they aren't even from the Middle East or Islamic areas. They are from Punjab. India. Damn Americans not knowing the difference.

Sikhs have had their share of adventures. They had a terrorist separatist group in India for a while, I dunno if it's still active.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »

literally.

electricity.jpeg

So true. So very true.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular

Pretty easy with a wire tester and cutting the power at the main/junction/panel .. plumbing can go to shit fast, pardon the pun.

Surprisingly electrical shit doesn't bother me.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    I guess it's true that the dude was a right winger. All of the rightie blogs I frequent have completely stopped posting about it.

White middle aged man with a 9/11 tattoo and was a former army washout. Right winger sounds correct to me.

Its not 100% confirmed yet but Southern Poverty Law Center has linked him to National Alliance, a skinhead group

He is also the head of a neo-nazi band called End Apathy or so has been reported as well. The one picture that someone grabbed off his myspace I think has him in front of a Nazi flag.

Also still blows my mind that these people shoot Sikhs. Sikhs as a religion are as inoffensive as religions go. I mean they aren't even from the Middle East or Islamic areas. They are from Punjab. India. Damn Americans not knowing the difference.

Sikhs have had their share of adventures. They had a terrorist separatist group in India for a while, I dunno if it's still active.

look, they're just really sick of bollywood movies OK?

• Options
    See? An actual PHD says electricity is MAGIC.

CHECKMATE, ATHEISTS

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular

I think every minority group in India has had a separatist group at some point. It is the Indian way.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    I hope Transformers: Fall of Cybertron is good

• Options
    See? An actual PHD says electricity is MAGIC.

CHECKMATE, ATHEISTS

They work similarly to magnets.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    I have a dream of when I build my own house the entire thing will be built in a factory room-by-room and moved to the building site and put up in a week. Maybe less.

This will facilitate my true dream: a bathroom I don't have to clean manually. It will be a fully welded stainless steel structure with off-the-floor everything, polished to be seamless.

To clean it I will simply lock the toilet seat shut, grab a pressure hose and give it a quick once over from ceiling to floor.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    also indian people like to make ethnic jokes about sikhs http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sardarji_joke
    in the same vein as polish jokes

also

even if the people who had gotten shot had been muslims it wouldn't make it any less bad that they all got shot

fucking wisconsin

poo
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

literally.

electricity.jpeg

Source?
    PLEASE TELL ME THIS COMES FROM A HOME SCHOOL TEXTBOOK

• Options
    I have a dream of when I build my own house the entire thing will be built in a factory room-by-room and moved to the building site and put up in a week. Maybe less.

This will facilitate my true dream: a bathroom I don't have to clean manually. It will be a fully welded stainless steel structure with off-the-floor everything, polished to be seamless.

To clean it I will simply lock the toilet seat shut, grab a pressure hose and give it a quick once over from ceiling to floor.

That would be amazing.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

literally.

electricity.jpeg

So true. So very true.

What is this never felt it nonsense. I've felt it. It feels like pain usually.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    I hope Transformers: Fall of Cybertron is good

I am hoping it's terrible. I am making my hopes cancel out your hopes just to spite you.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    And for today's bit of comedy relief...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bs7Y9iYf_uk

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular

Unless you're dealing with heavy appliances, the worst you're probably going to do with 120 is knock yourself on your ass, possibly start a very small fire.

Doing the wrong thing with plumbing, however, can result in tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars in damages to your home. And it doesn't even have to be, like, a flood or something; failing to tighten a coupling quite enough, giving yourself a small drip, and over several months you make it so entire walls have to be torn out of your house.

Fuck plumbing.

• Options

literally.

electricity.jpeg

Source?
    science4cover.jpg

• Options
    plumbing should be ran mostly through the attic so you can access most of it easier IMO*

*I know shit about architecture and home repair beyond patching a hole in drywall

• Options
    plumbing should be ran mostly through the attic so you can access most of it easier IMO*

*I know shit about architecture and home repair beyond patching a hole in drywall

"I know shit" can mean two opposite things (or a third unrelated thing). :(

• Options

Water ... water flows downwards ... due to gravity.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    fuck, why is it every time i work out, it seems worse than the day before?

it's not like i see improvement, either. I'm not weightlifting, i'm mostly using an elliptical trainer and the calories meter is what i use to gauge my progress and it's basically... Well, i'm not having progress at all.

At least i lose weight, i guess.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    That electricity thing is depressing.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

Your south is showing.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »

You're telling me the guy in that video isn't gay?

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    desc wrote: »
    That electricity thing is depressing.

Then boy do I have news for you!

grandcanyon.jpg

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

Why is it that religious people burn what they disagree with?

Seems like an unhealthy fixation with fire to me.

• Options
    emnmnme wrote: »

Water ... water flows downwards ... due to gravity.

Gravity is also why it's better to put your WAP in your attic. Typically you're downloading more than you're uploading, so the download signals are heavier. It's easier to push the light upload signals into the attic, and gravity assists the downward motion of the heavy download signals so they come down easier. It boosts the speed of your connection compared to putting the WAP in your basement and having to push the heavy signals upward.

It's also where the words "download" and "upload" originally come from.

• Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHsuFVkcp1Q

"City folks just don't get it."
    As someone who lives in a city, I am offended.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    fuck, why is it every time i work out, it seems worse than the day before?

it's not like i see improvement, either. I'm not weightlifting, i'm mostly using an elliptical trainer and the calories meter is what i use to gauge my progress and it's basically... Well, i'm not having progress at all.

At least i lose weight, i guess.

You know the whole "working out gets easier" this is an elaborate hoax right? Perpetuated by gatorade and the global fitness conspiracy.

(seriously though, it's lies)

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    psh who needs gravity with pressurized plumbing

• Options

You're telling me the guy in that video isn't gay?

Possibly. But out of the closet? Nope.

• Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    I wonder if he paid for that cereal himself or confiscated it from someone because he didn't want to give money to the gay agenda.

• Options

Why is it that religious people burn what they disagree with?

Seems like an unhealthy fixation with fire to me.

There is something about fire that speaks to our primitive side.

• Options
    Thought you said that video was funny

he didn't combust at all

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    I have seen Brave, and I enjoyed it!
    Getting this out of the way first: My God it was beautiful. The scenery and characters were a delight to look at.

I think the Queen could have used more time to reflect on her flaws and development, since that scene where they're voicing their grievances at different character shows that they both needed to compromise. I guess it's hard to convey that as a bear. However I really liked the whole "You know, trying to screw destiny is great and all, but there are consequences to it you need to think about" angle, it's not often that's the message of these stories. I only saw the teaser, so I wasn't sure what I was getting, but a mother-daughter movie is a good thing for the wheel to land on. Not my favourite movie, but quite an ambitious one and I respect it for that.

Also, they got the Pizza Planet truck cameo in there in a way that kinda makes sense, mad props to that.

• Options

literally.

electricity.jpeg

Source?
    science4cover.jpg

Thank you. Amazon'd. $10 inc shipping!

• Options
    Thought you said that video was funny

he didn't combust at all

I didn't say you'd roll on the floor crying.

This discussion has been closed.