As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[SWTOR] I have been granted Emergency Powers. [Mark Spoilers]

• Options
    Commodore75Commodore75 gothenburg.seRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Oh my god why didn't anybody tell me you can get Molecular Stabilizers by reverse engineering the unused Black Hole mods I've been throwing away for weeks while I've been optimizing my gear......!!!!

I could have sworn I saw someone post about it here. Going back a couple of pages I didn't find anything like that.
    I did however find something that reminded me of what I learned over the weekend...
    Slicing is a terrific gathering skill, since running around level 50 areas nets you a bunch of 1500+ credit boxes on the regular. It's not so great for making money by sending companions out on missions; the boxes are a slim profit over the mission costs, and sometimes they return with nothing! Grade 6 purple slicing components sell for good money, but you have to crit on the mission so you end up with stacks and stacks of useless blue components.

Over the weekend I found out that while I can't sell two of those blue mats for 700 credits, I can easily sell one one of them for 380 credits ... and then another one for 390.

So I guess that instead of selling that pile of 99 blues to a vendor for 12k, I should spend time on selling them one-at-the-time for a total of ... more than three times that!?!?!
    Well, I guess I could do that ... but I'd rather be playing the game.

I'll add to my wishlist "Let buyers sort GTN results by 'Price-per-unit'"

Commodore75 on
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    emp123 wrote: »
    Does anyone know of any medium armor black hood up robes on the Empire side? Currently rocking a red one and...its too much red. Im tempted to give up and just buy the Honored Saberist's Harness, even though it would make me all brown and white and not very DS Sith-like.

Tionese Agent stuff? I know my Mako has a black hood on right now.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    DarcsteelDarcsteel Wildcard NC United StatesRegistered User regular
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Yeah, it's just bizzare to me to see people react to Makab like this. Like it'll be the ONLY planet to find SGR. I haven't heard 'pay to gay' yet but whoever brought that up as their way of making a serious complaint is an idiot. Bioware's making an expansion with new story and content, with SGR there being a (from what I've heard) long-time promised bonus that happens to be coming in with it. And if anyone has a problem with that being in their game, then don't trigger any of the SGR. Or buy the expansion. Or better yet, just stop playing the game, uninstall it and go to an MMORPG that's more family-friendly like Toontown Online if that's still online.

Whats really funny is that you find SGR in a lot of Bioware games yet that hasnt stopped them from posting several game of the year worthy titles. Dragon Age and Mass Effect (only 3) have SGE content yet I didnt hear nearly as much uproar about that as about the ending to Mass effect 3. Some body please tell these people if they dont like it then dont play it.

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    On a more positive track, what are you guys hoping to get out of Makeb? If they're raising the cap to 55, I assume it'll be a little bigger content-wise then a regular planet.

• Options
    DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular
    Oh my god why didn't anybody tell me you can get Molecular Stabilizers by reverse engineering the unused Black Hole mods I've been throwing away for weeks while I've been optimizing my gear......!!!!

I could have sworn I saw someone post about it here. Going back a couple of pages I didn't find anything like that.
    I did however find something that reminded me of what I learned over the weekend...
    Slicing is a terrific gathering skill, since running around level 50 areas nets you a bunch of 1500+ credit boxes on the regular. It's not so great for making money by sending companions out on missions; the boxes are a slim profit over the mission costs, and sometimes they return with nothing! Grade 6 purple slicing components sell for good money, but you have to crit on the mission so you end up with stacks and stacks of useless blue components.

Over the weekend I found out that while I can't sell two of those blue mats for 700 credits, I can easily sell one one of them for 380 credits ... and then another one for 390.

So I guess that instead of selling that pile of 99 blues to a vendor for 12k, I should spend time on selling them one-at-the-time for a total of ... more than three times that!?!?!
    Well, I guess I could do that ... but I'd rather be playing the game.

I'll add to my wishlist "Let buyers sort GTN results by 'Price-per-unit'"

Yeah, or a button on Expired Auction mails for "Relist at the [X] Price for [Y] Days."

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    On a more positive track, what are you guys hoping to get out of Makeb? If they're raising the cap to 55, I assume it'll be a little bigger content-wise then a regular planet.

A round of dailies equivalent to Section X; a WB or two (one regular Tank&Spank, and one with more mechanics (NP or Deadtooth)); two or three [H4] that are like a shorter FP; a PvP area (or match); and a small planet's worth of quest line and side quests.

[edit] Sorry, you said "on a more positive.."
    I expect to get another Illum that I'm supposed to grind to lvl 55.

Commodore75 on
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular

The chance for my SW to force choke more dudes and sex up more ladies. And win Makeb for the Empire or some shit.

Because that's exactly the kind of planet the Empire needs to liberalize a bit; a planet full of queers and gangsters.

488W936.png
  • Options
    Question for the tanks out there. Is the Crushing blow ability at the top of the immortal tree worth getting.

I've been looking through my builds and with the extra five points from Makeb if I dont go beyond backhand and shield chance on immortal I can get dominate (charge and obliterate make the next smash used in 3 secs a crit), Shockwave (each tick of crsuh and choke reduces smash rage cost and increases damage by 25% stack 4), and empowering rage (reduces enrage CD by 20 secs and grants 4 stacks of shockwave). this combined with the crushing fist (smash gives 4 stacks of armor red.) from immortal makes smash incredibly potent.

It seems that I could make smash even more effective then how crushing blow. Thoughts?

• Options
    AstaleAstale Registered User regular
    The point of crushing blow is the heavy threat generation (which can potentially be on multiple targets). As an actual damage ability, it's garbage. Used to be a different version that was good, but "tanks shouldn't have a heavy hit" or some bullshit.

You can get some talents to up the threat caused by smash I think, but it's not going to be quite as good. So if you want to tank pve, it's probably better to leave those dreams of smash behind (especially since the forum whine screaming for a nerf to the exact talents you seem to be going for seems to have reached 'dev action' levels as they've commented they're looking at it now). If you're going to pvp, ride that smash train for as long as it lasts.

I suspect the smash nerf everyone assumes is coming will come with Makeb, so you likely won't see such builds anyways. If it doesn't, then they likely won't touch it, but that's looking more and more unlikely now. I'm just hoping it isn't an overnerf like they did to crushing blow. You should never look at an ability and go "god that sounds pitiful". Threat generation or no.

• Options
    Yeah crushing blow used to be awesome (extra damage if 5 stacks of AR were present). Know it just seems kinda of meh.

I havent been to the swtor forums in a while what's the rage over smash about

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    I wonder if there's ever gonna be enough level/power creep to get us either halfway up or top another skill tree.

At that point though... You could do both tank and damage or heal and damage, or damage and damage.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    I dont think thats ever going to be too much of an issue due to stances and ammo. At least for Warriors, bounty hunters , and soldiers. Our abilities largley depend on what stance were in and bounses are tied to those directly.

So even if you have damage abilites if you're using the tank stance you wont do as much damage as you could in your damage stance. You will also not have access to a number of damage bonuses and vice versa if you use a damage stance as opposed to the tank stance

• Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    They're going to be retooling all the talent trees come Makeb, since I'm pretty sure even Bioware isn't dumb enough to just leave the trees like they are, add one more row of stuff, and give you five more points.

ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    emp123 wrote: »
    Does anyone know of any medium armor black hood up robes on the Empire side? Currently rocking a red one and...its too much red. Im tempted to give up and just buy the Honored Saberist's Harness, even though it would make me all brown and white and not very DS Sith-like.

Tionese Agent stuff? I know my Mako has a black hood on right now.

Eh, kinda light. Ideally Id find something that looks exactly like what Im currently wearing (Xenotech Weaponmaster's Vest) but in black.

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Sounds like you're looking for the Reinforced Matrix Chestguard/Heavy Ciridium Body Armor you get from End of Torvix as a Juggernaut. We were talking about it earlier.

I'm not sure what rewards Marauders get, but while searching I found a few people wishing they could wear those on their Marauders. So I'm guessing the one you have is probably your only option.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Sounds like you're looking for the Reinforced Matrix Chestguard/Heavy Ciridium Body Armor you get from End of Torvix as a Juggernaut. We were talking about it earlier.

I'm not sure what rewards Marauders get, but while searching I found a few people wishing they could wear those on their Marauders. So I'm guessing the one you have is probably your only option.

Yeah, that would be ideal but those are heavy armor so my mara cant use it. Im probably screwed and I guess itll just be another time I'll wish that I could set my own armor color instead of matching to chest.

• Options
    Apparently there's a Champion PVP chestpiece that has a hood, but it's red.

You could also try a light armor with a hood. You're not tanking anything, so armor isn't really that important. One piece shouldn't make a big difference. There's quite a few light armors with the hood up.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    I am actually impressed in some cases how much there are people running around the early worlds these days, even in the Beta and launch sure I saw some people, at first it was pretty flooded in places but in some cases if your on at certain times during the day the starter planets are freaking flooded with people.

Considering the F2P(ay) model seems to have exceeded their estimates I wonder if they might reconsider putting a bit more back into the game eventually aside from the little pieces they are giving out now. It's kind of sad how they use to brag and boast how they had all the VA locked in contracts for years to make tons of content and nowadays brag about how they can reuse old sayings for new stuff. I'd love to see a true massive expansion.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    I think you'll see them develop plans on that end towards the end of 2013. Let's be honest, they're still trying to get their feet under them, and will be for awhile.

• Options
    I had the impression they were trying to recoup some of that 150 or was it 250 million dollars they spent and then some because PROFIT.

Sadly how long that might take and the game not taking right off might have ruined the chances for some good proper expansions they once wanted to do.

• Options
    Cade wrote: »
    I'd love to see a true massive expansion.

I'd settle for a raid with more than five bosses and Nightmare modes that aren't shit.

And on a side note, how many spaces do you put between sentences? Five is crazy.

ZvOMJnu.png
  • Options
    Impossible!

Five spaces?

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    At this rate of mismanagement and slow content release, of any quantity or quality, this game will be skeleton crew ala Warhammer Online by the end of 2014.

Calling it now.

Like, I'm trying to stay optimistic and F2P, despite it's sketchy parts, has helped bring the game attention again, but really, they need to get with the program and start giving us VA'd full story content and not just another raid or PvP re-balance or a 20$ one planet expack that should, frankly, be free or cheaper due to the lack of any content like this.

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • Options
    korodullin wrote: »

I'd settle for a raid with more than five bosses and Nightmare modes that aren't shit.

And on a side note, how many spaces do you put between sentences? Five is crazy.

It really bugs me that the "new raid" is EC NiM since you know, for the people raiding TFB HM they probably raided the shit out of EC HM so doing it again isnt exact fun, and then they didnt increase the number of credits you get when you kill things to match what you get in TFB. Crazy.

• Options
    kmzkmz Registered User regular
    korodullin wrote: »

Bleh. Maybe it makes me a non-hardcore player or something but I think raid lengths are fine as it is. And I've been having fun with my pulls in NiM EC, though admittedly I haven't had to hit bang my head against the dreaded Trenchcutter wall too many times yet.

• Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    I prefer the shorter length raids to the extremely long ones in WoW. However, the NiM modes are fairly lackluster and EC NiM is just awful. I've been a staunch but not vocal defender of the game, but I have nothing good to say about NiM EC. TFB was a ton of fun when it first came out, but it has grown kind of stale after clearing HM for a couple of months. I can't say I'm looking forward to or are remotely interested in it's inevitable NiM mode which will probably be the last piece of end game content before the expansion comes out.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    So...are the servers borked for anyone else some? If not getting odd or bad MS rates?

• Options
    Stew_StickStew_Stick Dinner UKRegistered User regular
    So...are the servers borked for anyone else some? If not getting odd or bad MS rates?

What server are you on? Red Eclipse (EU) is/was down for maintenance.

• Options
    Shadowlands.

Getting some odd lag here that's rather high and stable. Got new faster internet service, wondering if it's just the servers or I got to fix something here.

• Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    Almost time for a new thread, maybe we should have an actual OP or something.

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    So maybe I'll be laughed at for this but is it ok for me to be annoyed that I get into a GF-made group for a Hard FP run only for the group to do their best to skip every boss possible? A couple of days ago I get into a Foundry run and they actually managed to skip the first boss who's like a simple tank-n-spank. And now today I go into a Battle Of Ilum group and they actually ran past the first two boss fights. We'd have probably skipped number three if he was far enough from the panel we all had to activate. I'm not very needy about loot and I don't mind skipping some trash mob groups or the bonus boss if it's a pain to unlock but it seems pointless to me to run these FPs on hard mode and actively avoid the main reasons we're there in the first place.

• Options
    edited January 2013
    So maybe I'll be laughed at for this but is it ok for me to be annoyed that I get into a GF-made group for a Hard FP run only for the group to do their best to skip every boss possible? A couple of days ago I get into a Foundry run and they actually managed to skip the first boss who's like a simple tank-n-spank. And now today I go into a Battle Of Ilum group and they actually ran past the first two boss fights. We'd have probably skipped number three if he was far enough from the panel we all had to activate. I'm not very needy about loot and I don't mind skipping some trash mob groups or the bonus boss if it's a pain to unlock but it seems pointless to me to run these FPs on hard mode and actively avoid the main reasons we're there in the first place.

No, this is really annoying behavior. It seems like most people's MO in dungeon finder is to be completely silent and try to skip everything they can. It's selfish and goosey and you will find similarly selfish and goosey people defending it.

If you want to skip stuff, a "Hey, anyone need anything?" goes a long way towards making you into an actual human being and not some social awkward MMO drone.

Frei on
    Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    AstaleAstale Registered User regular
    If someone starts doing that stupid "spacebar! I said spacebar. Spacebar spacebar spacebaaaaaarrrrrrr" shit when I want to enjoy a flashpoint, or (god forbid) it's my first time doing it, I just completely ignore than and don't say anything in chat.

And if they drop from the group in a huff or otherwise be an douche for it, oh well, I'm the tank. Replacing your ass isn't hard, and even if the whole group falls apart because people can't be arsed to wait for a couple lines of dialogue, I can get another group from the queue in minutes.

So yeah, fuck those 'gogogogogogo' people.

*The exception of this is of course 'social runs' which you are doing for points, but those you don't get out of the GF anyways.

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Astale wrote: »
    If someone starts doing that stupid "spacebar! I said spacebar. Spacebar spacebar spacebaaaaaarrrrrrr" shit when I want to enjoy a flashpoint, or (god forbid) it's my first time doing it, I just completely ignore than and don't say anything in chat.

Yeah, that's the other thing that bugs me at the moment about Hard-FP groups. Not every MMO has actual story cutscenes like this in their dungeons. I really enjoy watching them. And when I told a guy this as an explaination why I didn't spacebar at the beginning of the Foundry run, he gave me a "...". Later, during the second boss' chat, he broke out the "OMG!! Spacebar!!" line on me. Now I'm not trying to be a jerk in FP runs even though the boss stuff bugs me but if all of you are just gonna blow past the boss fights we're supposed to have, you're gonna let me have my full-length cutscenes.

Owenashi on
  • Options
    Frei wrote: »

No, this is really annoying behavior. It seems like most people's MO in dungeon finder is to be completely silent and try to skip everything they can. It's selfish and goosey and you will find similarly selfish and goosey people defending it.

If you want to skip stuff, a "Hey, anyone need anything?" goes a long way towards making you into an actual human being and not some social awkward MMO drone.

Eh, if the bosses are skippable might as well skip them. They will mostly drop Tionese gear, which you should already have a full set of since you get 99 Tionese coms when you hit 50 so the only things you can really get out of a flashpoint are the Columi piece from the boss and the 5 Black Hole coms you get via the groupfinder.

Now if someone wants to kill the bosses and says so, thats fine Im not going to drop the group over it, but I dont think defaulting to gogogo is all that unreasonable (especially given the number of people who have the gogogo attitude).

• Options
    All the "gogogogo" attitude does is either alienate people or make them realize "shit, I have to be like that if I want to jive with these people."

I can understand wanting to get it done if you've been doing it a while, but with all the new people doing it for the first time, people need to chill the fuck out or at least just use their words at the beginning of a run to ask if anyone's new or whatever.

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    I have run into groups doing Battle of Ilum who literally do not know any of the boss mechanics because they skip everything.

This is a problem.

ZvOMJnu.png
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I rarely queue as a DPS so I haven't run into that problem much. I still don't get why people always wanna skip stuff though; my sorc doesn't even need anything from BH comms anymore really, but if I wind up running an FP on her I'd still rather just kill things and get the credits/crystals/etc than skip it all.

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    PUGs rushing through groups and screaming SPACEBARSPACEBAR at me is one of the reasons I gave up on this game.

• Options
    Daily FP:s and missions are the worst in the evening and around the time of the daily reset.
    (I assume because that's when the grinders do them.)
    At other times, especially drunken hours, the runs seem to be a bit more relaxed and casual, or even social.
    The most fun SM OP are likewise (in my experience) Fridays and Saturdays. (Never Tuesdays, or Wednesday evening.)

I remember my surprise when doing a FE where we were taking down all enemies. Not just enough to get to do the bonus boss. No stress.
    That was fun. I miss those runs.

This discussion has been closed.