Options

Remember, Remember the Sixth of November [2012 Presidential Election Thread]

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Great another Lib bringing up GWB WHY DON'T YOU RUN ON 0fartbama's failed kenyan record?!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    My mind has been simply fucking blown at all the shit that has gone down today. Despite last elections fervor and nastiness, the Pubbies were not nearly as bald-faced as they are this year.

Shit like this, from Bob Murry (The guy who made his employees go to the Romney rally unpaid), who said his managers "communicated to our workforce that the attendance at the Romney event was mandatory, but no one was forced to attend."

I need to drop out of this news cycle until the debates. This shit is seriously infuriating me.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/08/28/over-loud-boos-romney-supporters-pass-new-rules/
    Mitt Romney’s supporters passed new rules governing future primaries over the loud boos of Ron Paul supporters and other conservative activists who had objected to what they said was a power grab by the party’s establishment leaders.

The House speaker, John A. Boehner, called for a vote on the rules on Tuesday afternoon after Mr. Romney’s advisers said they had reached a compromise with activists on Monday night.

When Mr. Boehner called for the “ayes,” the crowd roared in the affirmative. But when he called for the “nays,” an even louder “no” echoed through the convention hall, led by supporters of Mr. Paul.

Mr. Boehner ignored them, pressing ahead by saying the rules would be adopted “without objection,” even as the crowd continued to roar its disapproval. Mr. Boehner announced that the rules were approved and quickly moved on to the adoption of the party’s platform.

The loudest protests on the floor came from the back of the Texas delegation, from delegates in Lone Star shirts and white cowboy hats, and from a group adjacent to them at the far end of the hall to the right of the podium.

Advisers to Mr. Romney had proposed rules that would make it harder for a candidate like Mr. Paul to amass delegates to mount a challenge to a more established candidate. The anger over that move had lingered for the last several days.

Opponents of Mr. Romney’s efforts to change the rules had threatened to disrupt the proceedings and embarrass the party’s soon-to-be nominee. But Mr. Boehner moved quickly, leaving the protesters little opportunity to catch airtime.
    God bless ceremonial democracy.

• Options
    Ahh I see that the GOP runs its convention like Michigan runs its state house.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    My mind has been simply fucking blown at all the shit that has gone down today. Despite last elections fervor and nastiness, the Pubbies were not nearly as bald-faced as they are this year.

Shit like this, from Bob Murry (The guy who made his employees go to the Romney rally unpaid), who said his managers "communicated to our workforce that the attendance at the Romney event was mandatory, but no one was forced to attend."

I need to drop out of this news cycle until the debates. This shit is seriously infuriating me.

Sure, they weren't forced. They always could just get fired, right? Ughhhhh

• Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    As has been said before, the Onion is having more and more trouble making something so absurd it can be seen as satire.

Also, holy shit.

Gay Marine Beaten To Bloody Pulp To Fire Up RNC Crowd [The Onion]

*spoilered for somewhat disturbing image of said story, created by the Onion*
    635r.jpg

And here's the text for those who don't want to deal with the image.
    TAMPA, FL—Excitement on the floor of the Republican National Convention reached a fever pitch Tuesday, as attendees were treated to a rally at the Tampa Bay Times Forum featuring the savage beating of an openly gay Marine.

Amidst the deafening roar of applause and anti-gay slurs, the highly decorated veteran, who had just returned from his third tour of duty in Afghanistan, was dragged around the stage in a blindfold and flexicuffs while party leaders took turns pummeling his body into a near-lifeless pile of mangled flesh.

“Who’s ready to get this convention started? I said, who’s ready to get this convention started?!” shouted former Pennsylvania senator Rick Santorum, one hand clutching the gay Marine’s bloodstained fatigues and the other cocked toward his face. “I want to hear some noise if you think it’s time for a change in Washington—if you think this administration is out of touch with America’s problems.”

“Out of touch,” he repeated, drilling a fist into the combat veteran’s kidneys with each syllable. “Let’s give it up for Romney-Ryan 2012!”

As the frothing crowd of more than 5,000 delegates, alternate delegates, and volunteers leapt to their feet, Sens. Marco Rubio and Rand Paul charged out onto the stage with baseball bats. According to sources, Rubio went to work on the gay man’s legs while Paul concentrated on his back and abdomen, sending attendees seated in the front row into fits of delight each time they were splattered with blood.

Chris Christie, the brash New Jersey governor and rising GOP star followed close behind, ratcheting up the crowd’s enthusiasm by laying into the Marine’s shaved head with a sock full of quarters, leaving his broken body crumpled up beneath a giant banner reading “We Can Do Better,” one of the convention’s themes.

Witnesses said the dazed veteran—who recently married his longtime partner—fought back fiercely and did make an attempt to escape. It was rebuffed, however, when presidential nominee Mitt Romney suddenly emerged from backstage, motioning for party members to back away and give him space.

“Before I accept this nomination, I just want to thank you all for your continued support and let you know how much it means to Ann and I and the rest of our family,” Romney told the hushed crowd, rolling up his sleeves and removing a pair of brass knuckles from his jacket pocket. “So please join me in harnessing the amazing energy in this room tonight, and let’s take it with us on the difficult road ahead.”

“All the way to the White House!” he added to a rapturous swell of applause before bashing the gay husband and father’s face toothless and tossing his limp frame into the crowd.

As frenzied convention-goers bandied the Marine’s body around the arena like a beach ball, the show continued on stage with Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN) invoking scripture to scare a pregnant teenager out of having an abortion while a scale model of a Planned Parenthood clinic burned in the background.

Eliciting one of the biggest cheers of the night, House Speaker John Boehner then hog-tied an inner-city welfare recipient and backhanded him over and over until he promised to work harder and provide for his family instead of relying on government handouts.

“That was exactly what the party needed,” Jimmy Prudhoe, a delegate from Colorado, told reporters later. “We got the convention off to a rousing start that somehow managed to reaffirm who we are as Republicans and what we truly believe in. And boy, was it a heck of a lot of fun to watch, too!”

Prudhoe added that he couldn’t wait until the next day of the convention, when vice presidential nominee Paul Ryan was scheduled to personally prevent a laid-off factory worker from receiving dialysis until he finds the money to pay for it.

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    UH.

Maybe a little too much there....

14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Ahh I see that the GOP runs its convention like Michigan runs its state house.

Heh, seems like they handled it though.

• Options
    edited August 2012
    I decided to put a warning on it, just in case, since the image is rather intense, even for the Onion.

MuddBudd on
  • Options
    A little too on the nose for the Onion, I mean it has to be recongizeable as satire...

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Gigazombie CybermageGigazombie Cybermage Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    But they can't do normal stuff, Poe's Law has been gang-raped on a pinball machine and left for dead by the GOP...

• Options
    A6t3V.gif
    Ron Paul people are kind of nuts.

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    A little too on the nose for the Onion, I mean it has to be recongizeable as satire...

"Republicans Decide They Can't Win Based on Policies, Decide Cheating Is Way To Go"...Shit!

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options

"We're talking about an event that was in the best interest of anyone that's related to the coal industry," Moore added. "I do not believe that missing an eight-hour day, when you put it into perspective, when you think about how critical - critical this next election is, and how critical it is that we get someone in this office that supports coal - to give up eight hours for a career, I just don't believe that there is anything negative about that."

Got to love the coal industry justifying fucking over their workers.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited August 2012

"We're talking about an event that was in the best interest of anyone that's related to the coal industry," Moore added. "I do not believe that missing an eight-hour day, when you put it into perspective, when you think about how critical - critical this next election is, and how critical it is that we get someone in this office that supports coal - to give up eight hours for a career, I just don't believe that there is anything negative about that."

Got to love the coal industry justifying fucking over their workers.

Coal workers are in the coal industry the same way those poor zit-faced thirty year-olds who tear your ticket and shovel out your popcorn at the googaplex are in the film industry.

Taramoor on
  • Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/08/28/over-loud-boos-romney-supporters-pass-new-rules/
    Mitt Romney’s supporters passed new rules governing future primaries over the loud boos of Ron Paul supporters and other conservative activists who had objected to what they said was a power grab by the party’s establishment leaders.

The House speaker, John A. Boehner, called for a vote on the rules on Tuesday afternoon after Mr. Romney’s advisers said they had reached a compromise with activists on Monday night.

When Mr. Boehner called for the “ayes,” the crowd roared in the affirmative. But when he called for the “nays,” an even louder “no” echoed through the convention hall, led by supporters of Mr. Paul.

Mr. Boehner ignored them, pressing ahead by saying the rules would be adopted “without objection,” even as the crowd continued to roar its disapproval. Mr. Boehner announced that the rules were approved and quickly moved on to the adoption of the party’s platform.

The loudest protests on the floor came from the back of the Texas delegation, from delegates in Lone Star shirts and white cowboy hats, and from a group adjacent to them at the far end of the hall to the right of the podium.

Advisers to Mr. Romney had proposed rules that would make it harder for a candidate like Mr. Paul to amass delegates to mount a challenge to a more established candidate. The anger over that move had lingered for the last several days.

Opponents of Mr. Romney’s efforts to change the rules had threatened to disrupt the proceedings and embarrass the party’s soon-to-be nominee. But Mr. Boehner moved quickly, leaving the protesters little opportunity to catch airtime.
    God bless ceremonial democracy.

This pisses me right the fuck off. Not just because I wanted entertainment from this shit, but because that's not how these things should work ever.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    Well I'm sure that Boehnor just resolved that with such Finality clearly the issue is over. Its just like when you declare a conversation is over, it clearly is.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    As has been said before, the Onion is having more and more trouble making something so absurd it can be seen as satire.

Also, holy shit.

Gay Marine Beaten To Bloody Pulp To Fire Up RNC Crowd [The Onion]

*spoilered for somewhat disturbing image of said story, created by the Onion*
    635r.jpg

And here's the text for those who don't want to deal with the image.
    TAMPA, FL—Excitement on the floor of the Republican National Convention reached a fever pitch Tuesday, as attendees were treated to a rally at the Tampa Bay Times Forum featuring the savage beating of an openly gay Marine.

Amidst the deafening roar of applause and anti-gay slurs, the highly decorated veteran, who had just returned from his third tour of duty in Afghanistan, was dragged around the stage in a blindfold and flexicuffs while party leaders took turns pummeling his body into a near-lifeless pile of mangled flesh.

“Who’s ready to get this convention started? I said, who’s ready to get this convention started?!” shouted former Pennsylvania senator Rick Santorum, one hand clutching the gay Marine’s bloodstained fatigues and the other cocked toward his face. “I want to hear some noise if you think it’s time for a change in Washington—if you think this administration is out of touch with America’s problems.”

“Out of touch,” he repeated, drilling a fist into the combat veteran’s kidneys with each syllable. “Let’s give it up for Romney-Ryan 2012!”

As the frothing crowd of more than 5,000 delegates, alternate delegates, and volunteers leapt to their feet, Sens. Marco Rubio and Rand Paul charged out onto the stage with baseball bats. According to sources, Rubio went to work on the gay man’s legs while Paul concentrated on his back and abdomen, sending attendees seated in the front row into fits of delight each time they were splattered with blood.

Chris Christie, the brash New Jersey governor and rising GOP star followed close behind, ratcheting up the crowd’s enthusiasm by laying into the Marine’s shaved head with a sock full of quarters, leaving his broken body crumpled up beneath a giant banner reading “We Can Do Better,” one of the convention’s themes.

Witnesses said the dazed veteran—who recently married his longtime partner—fought back fiercely and did make an attempt to escape. It was rebuffed, however, when presidential nominee Mitt Romney suddenly emerged from backstage, motioning for party members to back away and give him space.

“Before I accept this nomination, I just want to thank you all for your continued support and let you know how much it means to Ann and I and the rest of our family,” Romney told the hushed crowd, rolling up his sleeves and removing a pair of brass knuckles from his jacket pocket. “So please join me in harnessing the amazing energy in this room tonight, and let’s take it with us on the difficult road ahead.”

“All the way to the White House!” he added to a rapturous swell of applause before bashing the gay husband and father’s face toothless and tossing his limp frame into the crowd.

As frenzied convention-goers bandied the Marine’s body around the arena like a beach ball, the show continued on stage with Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN) invoking scripture to scare a pregnant teenager out of having an abortion while a scale model of a Planned Parenthood clinic burned in the background.

Eliciting one of the biggest cheers of the night, House Speaker John Boehner then hog-tied an inner-city welfare recipient and backhanded him over and over until he promised to work harder and provide for his family instead of relying on government handouts.

“That was exactly what the party needed,” Jimmy Prudhoe, a delegate from Colorado, told reporters later. “We got the convention off to a rousing start that somehow managed to reaffirm who we are as Republicans and what we truly believe in. And boy, was it a heck of a lot of fun to watch, too!”

Prudhoe added that he couldn’t wait until the next day of the convention, when vice presidential nominee Paul Ryan was scheduled to personally prevent a laid-off factory worker from receiving dialysis until he finds the money to pay for it.
    Holy shit. I think the Onion is angry

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    Isn't the onion based in wisconsin or at least they used to be? Can't imagine what would have happened to make someone in wisconsin angry at the GOP.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
    Wow, the announcers at the convention aren't even pretending that this isn't just for show at this point.

Iowa: Casts 22 for Paul and 6 for Romney.
    Announcer: "Iowa. 6 Romney!"
    *Goes to next state*.

• Options

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
  • Options
    dbrock270dbrock270 Registered User regular
    Well shit, if Mandel wins and Romney takes Ohio I'm getting the fuck out of this state.

• Options
    http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/sununu-romney-will-unshackle-american-energy-assets

IOKIYAR

And yeah Ohio polling doesn't matter, because the GOP is blatantly going to committ voter fraud, the recent shenigans point to that. IMO the Obama justice department should investigate Husted's clear violation of just about any voting rights we have.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    Wow, the announcers at the convention aren't even pretending that this isn't just for show at this point.

Iowa: Casts 22 for Paul and 6 for Romney.
    Announcer: "Iowa. 6 Romney!"
    *Goes to next state*.

We are fast approaching "you know, I'm not going to pick up a gun or anything, but I wouldn't fault anyone who wanted to start a proper little revolution" territory with this shit.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/sununu-romney-will-unshackle-american-energy-assets

IOKIYAR

And yeah Ohio polling doesn't matter, because the GOP is blatantly going to committ voter fraud, the recent shenigans point to that. IMO the Obama justice department should investigate Husted's clear violation of just about any voting rights we have.

Ha, you can't fool me.

There can't be any voter fraud because ACORN was disbanded.

Lie-beral.

• Options
    I just wish they would stop pretending that the convention wasn't just publicity at this point and remove the various vestiges.

• Options
    dbrock270dbrock270 Registered User regular
    There is zero evidence ACORN committed voter fraud.

• Options
    Taramoor wrote: »

IOKIYAR

Ha, you can't fool me.

There can't be any voter fraud because ACORN was disbanded.

Lie-beral.

Curses foiled by Brietbart god rest his beautiful soul.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular

In case you are interested here is the directive Directive 2012-35 that they were held in violation of

http://www.dispatch.com/content/downloads/2012/08/EarlyVotingHours.pdf

Notice it specifically sets regular business hours and for specified days which are weekdays. It doesn't specifically mention weekend days or disallow them.

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • Options
    Not to mention prior to this recent "NO EARLY VOTING FOR ANYONE!" this very board had voted to extend to weekends no problem.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    Isn't the onion based in wisconsin or at least they used to be? Can't imagine what would have happened to make someone in wisconsin angry at the GOP.

It's based out of Chicago.

• Options
    moniker wrote: »

Oh so the Onion is an arm of the Obama campaign? Well then Obama should be forced to repudiate this disgusting campaign he's waging against the GOP.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular

Founded in Wisconsin.

• Options

Last I heard they were based in Madison, or at least were founded there.

• Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    MuddBudd wrote: »

Last I heard they were based in Madison, or at least were founded there.

They were founded in Madison, were based in Chicago and New York, then closed the New York office in order to put everybody in one building. I walk by it all the time, it's right off the brown line in a nice old brick building.

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Don't you dare call republicans fascists, though!

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
    Heh, even CNN is making fun of how petty the Republicans are being about the roll call vote count.

• Options
    http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/minnesota-delegation-votes-for-paul-rips-rnc

The minnesota delegation better be careful around wood chippers.

pleasepaypreacher.net
This discussion has been closed.