Options

spider [chat]

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Chu, this is late but that pun is amazing.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    japan wrote: »
    Peeling celeriac: something of a pain in the arse.

And then you're left with a celeriac and still the question of what to do with it.

Eat all the celeriac! So very tasty.

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

And then you're left with a celeriac and still the question of what to do with it.

This is going to be mashed with some potatoes and carrots to go with the slow roast lamb.

There will also be something green.

Celeriac soup is very good, and as an accompaniment veg it also roasts well, or you can slice it up and make celeriac fritters.

• Options
    I really hope that kickstarter is a real thing, because it'd be the best ever.

It was a real thing.

The best part is that the guy that started it is already a millionaire. He won some lottery or other not long ago.

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular

Just use a chef's knife and parse off the outer 1/4"

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Yeah, I saw he was a millionaire. I couldn't tell if it was a joke or if it was just some rich man-child who wants to make a video game and is going about it in the same clusterfuck manner as most video game designing man children.

Solomaxwell6 on
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    I am reading about Grande Armée slang.

This, I feel, is a good use of a sunday night.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Podly wrote: »

It's getting all the rooty bit at the bottom. I don't want to just cut it all off because it seems like a waste. There is a balance to be struck between efficiency of time and efficient use of the vegetable.

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular

It's getting all the rooty bit at the bottom. I don't want to just cut it all off because it seems like a waste. There is a balance to be struck between efficiency of time and efficient use of the vegetable.

When I prep celery root and other stuff like that, I use a chef's knife for the major flat planes, and then a paring knife for the rounded parts.

It does take a bit of dexterity though. Sometimes working in kitchens for the past decade has paid off.

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    are Celeriacs residents of the country of Celeria or followers of the Celerite sect?

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    La Fête (The Party)
    War.

La Musique (The Music)
    War.

La Noce (The Wedding)
    War.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Elldren wrote: »
    are Celeriacs residents of the country of Celeria or followers of the Celerite sect?

A Celerac is a native of Celer, in english named Celeria. A Celerite is a member of the sect that took its name from the same city.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular

Speaking of Cato, I have heard from two separate, highly reliable sources that Brink Lindsey has been, as Soviet-era Kremlinologists would put it, "rehabilitated."

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    Blah, this is super annoying. This show I'm doing tomorrow, which I've arranged for four different instruments and track, only wants a stereo 1/4" signal, presumably because all the other acts are track and that's what the house is used to.

What's the fucking point of me putting in all this compositional energy. Could have saved myself a lot of stress and anxiety by just faking it and doing it track.

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    There are some great bits of Grande Armée slang here. "Frostbitten eyes" for being afraid during an attack is one.

"Lunch with a fork" for bayonet charge, too

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Blah, this is super annoying. This show I'm doing tomorrow, which I've arranged for four different instruments and track, only wants a stereo 1/4" signal, presumably because all the other acts are track and that's what the house is used to.

What's the fucking point of me putting in all this compositional energy. Could have saved myself a lot of stress and anxiety by just faking it and doing it track.

But what about the people at the show?

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    @tav

listening to cannabis corpse

I regret nothing

• Options
    Elldren wrote: »

But what about the people at the show?

Well I'm not going to, but I'm going to have to simplify the setup I was going to use to avoid any mixing problems. It's going to be hard to be playing three parts myself AND worrying about the mix. If i had a more powerful computer and outboard gear, I could have set up a midi rig to play and then loop parts to get a mix right, but it's not worth having the CPU get overloaded and stop halfway through a song.

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Things I did not know: microwave meals are in the same rack as the ready for oven meals.

I own a microwave but not an oven, I grabbed one of the ready for oven meals. -_-The next few weeks are going to be a hoot.

• Options
    I own an oven but not a microwave.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    I own an oven but not a microwave.

Ditto.

• Options
    Aldo wrote: »
    Things I did not know: microwave meals are in the same rack as the ready for oven meals.

I own a microwave but not an oven, I grabbed one of the ready for oven meals. -_-The next few weeks are going to be a hoot.

what is in it

quite often there are ways to jury-rig heat

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular

Most ready for oven meals can be made in the microwave. Try googling it. If worst comes to worst, just stick it in the microwave for four minutes and see what happens.

• Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    I really hope that kickstarter is a real thing, because it'd be the best ever.
    I...just want to know what an "orc trunk" is terms of optional character features is.

As far as I know, orcs don't have trunks.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    eventually, I hope to get rid of electric ovens entirely, skip gas ovens, and go straight to fire pit.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    ronya wrote: »

what is in it

Flattened ball of foil in the bottom of a large covered pot is a popular one (assuming there is a hob). Need to make sure whatever you're heating doesn't touch the sides though, and it can't be a non-stick pot.

• Options

what is in it

It's lasagne. I was thinking about ways to heat it, but I'm a noob in the kitchen.

--

I wish I could have fitted in an oven, but there's no room for it here. You should visit some time and see for yourself, it's an amazing place, but it's not big.

• Options
    oh man

this kickstarter is a mess

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Pop it out of the packaging so your microwave doesn't explode on you and just heat up a reasonable portion of it.

If you can thaw it the night before, it might be easier to work with, since you won't have to worry about a mouthful of ice surrounded by searing hot tomato sauce.

• Options

what is in it

It's lasagne. I was thinking about ways to heat it, but I'm a noob in the kitchen.

--

I wish I could have fitted in an oven, but there's no room for it here. You should visit some time and see for yourself, it's an amazing place, but it's not big.

Cut it into smaller slices and put them into the microwave. It won't brown the top nicely, but it'll be cooked and reasonably tasty.

You can get tabletop electric ovens and microwave-oven-combination cookers now, you know?

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    fitting a microwave instead of an oven seems like weird priorities to me

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Shockingly, microwaves are much, much smaller than ovens!

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Microwaves are a godsend for people with shitty commutes.

When I only have two hours a night before I should technically be asleep I sure as hell don't want to spend one of them cooking and cleaning up.

--

Man I hope this phone price is the same in the store. I don't want to have waited all this week to go to the store only to have to order the damned thing and pray nobody steals it off my doorstep.

• Options

The little microwave-sized worktop ovens are not very good, especially if they're designed to work off a standard socket instead of a dedicated circuit. I'm presuming there isn't a standard appliance-sized aperture with the appropriate power connection, because if you had one of those, what else would you do with it?

• Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    Yo

• Options
    Ovens need a 3-phase power supply, which is not available. A microwave is just a 1-phase.

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    We used to have an oven/stove but no microwave. But then it sprung a gas leak and now we have a microwave but no oven.

• Options
    Thanks, I'll do it tomorrow for dinner. Thankfully I was intelligent enough to bring enough food with me for 2 days. <_<>_>

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    @ tav

listening to cannabis corpse

I regret nothing
    Beneath Grow Lights fucking slays.

This discussion has been closed.