As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wrestling] Collusion!

• Options
    LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    Is anybody seriously looking forward to Hunter/Brock 2, let alone in a HIAC? I mean, the odds of there being any blood in this match is slim to none, and there are only two ways the match even has a possibility of ending: either Brock beats a tired, worn-out veteran again in another boring, mediocre match; or Hunter pointlessly, needlessly wins, which makes Brock look even worse than he already did. Their booking of Brock is just completely awful, and the thought of them re-signing him after Mania has me shuddering, because the idea of him being paid even more money to do maybe less is awful.

His only remaining match should be against Taker at WM29, where he shoots and actually makes Taker tap out to end the streak in the most glorious of trollfacings.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    I've pretty much accepted the fact that unless something major happens, Taker's streak will literally never end.

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Slow and ponderous, the best kind of Hell in a Cell match!

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    I'd say Brock regained him momentum with making Hunter tap out. And even though he should have won against Cena he still looked incredible during the bout. The only truly bad thing they've done to him other than lose to Cena is having him talk on the mic.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    I've pretty much accepted the fact that unless something major happens, Taker's streak will literally never end.

in an ideal world taker's streak would be used to get some guy they REALLY want to push over

i mean breaking the streak, being the 1 in that record, is a rocket push to fucking mars

the rub is taker's old and fragile and he doesn't trust the younger guys to wrestle him

• Options
    To be honest I'm just hoping to hear Taker's "BONG" after the match is over and see a staredown that would cause my hometown ATL crowd to go completely apeshit.

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    That and Taker is incredibly protective of the streak and doesn't want it to be ended.
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    I'd say Brock regained him momentum with making Hunter tap out. And even though he should have won against Cena he still looked incredible during the bout. The only truly bad thing they've done to him other than lose to Cena is having him talk on the mic.

Am I remembering it correctly that Triple H ran Brock off pretty easily in a brawl segment on Raw before their PPV match? If I am then that's pretty badly handled from a "monster heel booking 101" perspective.

Dyvim Tvar on
    Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    That and he is incredibly protective of the streak and doesn't want it to be ended.
    wirehead26 wrote: »

Am I remembering it correctly that Triple H ran Brock off pretty easily in a brawl segment on Raw before their PPV match? If I am then that's pretty badly handled from a "monster heel booking 101" perspective.

He "broke" Shawn's arm right before the PPV match but I think he did get the upperhand the week before that. To be fair though in every other encounter Brock either hurt Hunter or just backed off due to Heyman's advice.

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Ken Shamrock defense force GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    Steve Austin defense force GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Punk's hair

• Options
    SpoochSpooch Registered User regular
    I like it

Assuming direct control O-O
  • Options
    Jack Jobber is being fed to Ryback. I'm not surprised.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Jack Swagger vs Ryback, or Punk's COD haircut

Which do I dislike more

At least Punk cut a great promo. Seeing Swagger beat up for the umpteenth time is just ugh.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    That match was a bit of a train wreck.

• Options
    edited August 2012
    Oh good.

Vickie is acting as a strawman stand-in for the workers who had complaints.

I thought we were going to have to go a week without Vince's insane grudges effecting the show.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Hahah D-Bry is awesome

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    I AM HANDSOME

• Options
    Nobody in the audience gives a fuck about Lawler. People sitting right behind him are watching the tron so they can know what to wave at the camera.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    When will Lawler ever fuck off and stop wrestling

• Options
    Jack Swagger vs. Ryback
    Vickie promo
    2 Jerry Lawler promos
    Lawler main-eventing

God damn I don't know why I keep punishing myself like this. 3 hour Raws are incapable of being good.

• Options
    No DQ, how much you wanna bet

• Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    Is anybody seriously looking forward to Hunter/Brock 2, let alone in a HIAC? I mean, the odds of there being any blood in this match is slim to none, and there are only two ways the match even has a possibility of ending: either Brock beats a tired, worn-out veteran again in another boring, mediocre match; or Hunter pointlessly, needlessly wins, which makes Brock look even worse than he already did. Their booking of Brock is just completely awful, and the thought of them re-signing him after Mania has me shuddering, because the idea of him being paid even more money to do maybe less is awful.

I'm fine with Brock coming back next year, as he brings something different, but Hunter/Brock 2 just sounds like the worst fucking thing. Especially since it'd be a two month turnaround from Hunter's "broken arm", which is all but no-selling the entire fucking thing. Triple H is the worst.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    YOU SEE THIS HAROLD

• Options
    Daniel Bryan, just about the only good thing about this show

• Options
    That main event stipulation thing is so awful

Literally all of the choices are NoDQ

NoDQ is NoDQ
    Tables is NoDQ except the only way to win is putting somebody through a table
    Cage is NoDQ except you can also win by escaping the cage

• Options
    "Buried my brother alive.....twice" hahahah

"Katie", oh Kane

• Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    hahaha Kane

• Options
    They just did a decade's worth of continuity in a single minute.

I'm going to call it now and say that's the best segment we'll see in a 3 hour Raw until they go back to 2 hours.

• Options
    kingworkskingworks Registered User regular
    "Best of Triple H?"

Sorry to go all Miz, but REALLY?

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    ahahahahaha

countout by noooooo

• Options
    NothingNothing ( •︵•) Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    I was hoping for another "Bryan assaults an invisible child" bit.

Nothing on
  • Options
    kingworkskingworks Registered User regular
    Nothing makes me miss the NFL on network TV like business suit H.

• Options
    edited August 2012
    That awkward moment when Hunter is in the ring, selling a kayfabe injury as a reason for him contemplating retirement, talking about how he never wanted to be the guy crippled by the business

while Rey Mysterio is sitting at home, on his legs held together by Silly String, waiting to get results back about his legit concussion to see if he can come back this week

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    That awkward moment when Hunter is in the ring, selling a kayfabe injury as a reason for him contemplating retirement, talking about how he never wanted to be the guy crippled by the business

while Rey Mysterio is sitting at home, on his legs held together by Silly String, waiting to get results back about his legit concussion to see if he can come back this week

I was thinking similar thoughts, except replace Rey Mysterio with Edge, who probably didn't see his retirement coming AND would have had a few more years on the top either.

It really just makes me dislike Triple H even more so, because A) he's milking this thing to high heaven, and B) we all know that he's not retiring.

• Options
    edited August 2012
    Here's how you know he's not retiring: that promo didn't close the show.

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    That main event stipulation thing is so awful

Literally all of the choices are NoDQ

NoDQ is NoDQ
    Tables is NoDQ except the only way to win is putting somebody through a table
    Cage is NoDQ except you can also win by escaping the cage

this is

a really dumb complaint given that those are all different match types

it's not no dq/street fight/falls count anywhere, those all have some fundamental differences

• Options
    SarcasmoBlasterSarcasmoBlaster Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Yeah, it's not possible to have the exact same match with those three match types, which is usually the issue. With No DQ/Street Fight/Falls Count Anywhere you can plan the match before hand and it will be the same no matter what.

SarcasmoBlaster on
  • Options
    Kane commentating

after Kane's anger management skit

Kane is one of the best things about WWE, I don't care what anybody says

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Surprised at the lack of activity in here.

• Options
    Goose! wrote: »
    Surprised at the lack of activity in here.

A 3 hour Raw with 90% of the first two hours hyping Hunter's career, followed by a 10 minute speech from Hunter where he basically said "hey I might retire, OR I MIGHT NOT. STAY TUNED."

And the main event's Jerry Lawler in a match.

I'm not surprised by the lack of interest in this. I couldn't condone any interest in this, even with the amazing Kane anger management segment.

Also, @Spooch it's not NoDQ.

This discussion has been closed.