As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[StarCraft 2] EG chinstraps for everyone.

• Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    You gotta dig deep to really find the hidden SC2 commentary in Robin Williams' work.

Seeing as I think he did that back in the 80s.

Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    narwhalnarwhal monodon monoceros Registered User regular
    oooo I've never seen a mod before! interesting!
    SC2 related question: you know those new flying units for protoss? the ones that replaced carriers? What exactly do they do and are they actually a valuable replacement for carriers?

Narwhal#1834
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    Not played the beta yet but I can't imagine why you'd make either of them when there are vikings and corruptors about.

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    narwhal wrote: »
    SC2 related question: you know those new flying units for protoss? the ones that replaced carriers? What exactly do they do and are they actually a valuable replacement for carriers?

They decided to keep carriers.

The new unit is the tempest. They have long range (even longer, something like 22 range, with an upgrade), fire kinda slow and do an okay amount of damage. Basically they're meant to be used to snipe stuff and force engagements, and support your forces by picking off key units in the enemy army. They are slow moving and thus kinda vulnerable, however, so right now their usefulness is a little tricky to work out.

• Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular

That's a good one...

Narwhal's trying to follow the trend and be a comedian.

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    815165 wrote: »
    Not played the beta yet but I can't imagine why you'd make either of them when there are vikings and corruptors about.

Pretty much this.

• Options
    TannerMSTannerMS "I'm confidence cause I'm zerg!" Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    I'm so glad that I get the first to say this

WHAT THE FUCK BLIZZARD ARE YOU FUCKING SHITTING ME
    Battle Hellion
    While in Battle mode, the hellion is now classified as a Biological unit.

I've been a bit inactive so correct me if I'm wrong but is this the blizzard stance on mech?
    We're going to make mech better by making it not mech. Then we're going to delete the things that made it not mech so that Terran gets basically no changes. Then we're going to literally change the only relevant new mech unit's type to Bio.

TannerMS on
  • Options
    The design theory. It cries out in anguish and pain.

• Options
    WhatWhat Registered User regular
    Sick. I cant wait to see what other awesome ideas HoTS has in store.

• Options
    fatalspoonsfatalspoons Registered User regular
    Um, so was the mod telling us that we can't stray off topic, or was he just messin around. Pretty sure we go off topic a lot around here. At least when nothin's going on.

• Options
    A little bit of offtopic is usually okay, but when it transcends and goes for a couple of pages it's sort of not really meant to happen.

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    Solid balance and design work.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited September 2012
    Um, so was the mod telling us that we can't stray off topic, or was he just messin around. Pretty sure we go off topic a lot around here. At least when nothin's going on.
    This is an on-topic forum, so you should be on-topic!

Sometimes there will be drift here and there, but when I come in an see a solid page dedicated to stand-up comedians and the latest meme, that is a sign you are all off the rails completely. Generally speaking I won't punish anyone for this, but there will be infractions if you keep it up AFTER I or another mod have warned you. Which, coincidentally, has already happened! Stay on topic, friends!

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    redraptorredraptor Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    you guys should post that video of day9 where he stole a bunch of stand up comedians material and presented it as his own

that would be both things

redraptor on
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    did that really happen?

also yeah the terran changes in hots are really weird considering they were the better developed race in wol

• Options
    xtaxta Registered User regular
    TannerMS wrote: »
    I'm so glad that I get the first to say this

WHAT THE FUCK BLIZZARD ARE YOU FUCKING SHITTING ME
    Battle Hellion
    While in Battle mode, the hellion is now classified as a Biological unit.

I've been a bit inactive so correct me if I'm wrong but is this the blizzard stance on mech?
    We're going to make mech better by making it not mech. Then we're going to delete the things that made it not mech so that Terran gets basically no changes. Then we're going to literally change the only relevant new mech unit's type to Bio.

not sure blizzard really has a concrete plan. i mean look at warhounds

but i'll give them a pass considering it's beta and they can really do whatever they want for "user testing". the problem is, they probably will severely tweak balance when hots retail is live

• Options
    JibbaJibba Registered User regular
    Anzekay wrote: »

They decided to keep carriers.

The new unit is the tempest. They have long range (even longer, something like 22 range, with an upgrade), fire kinda slow and do an okay amount of damage. Basically they're meant to be used to snipe stuff and force engagements, and support your forces by picking off key units in the enemy army. They are slow moving and thus kinda vulnerable, however, so right now their usefulness is a little tricky to work out.

They changed it, I think. The range is down to 15, but it does tons of +massive damage (20, I think), so it's meant for Broodlord defense.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Problem I think is that Terran was so rounded and "finished" in WoL that it's hard to add new units without breaking things

• Options
    redraptor wrote: »
    you guys should post that video of day9 where he stole a bunch of stand up comedians material and presented it as his own

that would be both things
    Sean Plott - eHarmony
    14:23 - 3 years ago
    My first filmed standup routine! Since it was a non-profit routine performed before graduation at college, I lifted two lines directly from Louie CK (the lines about 3 things I can't live without). Though Louie CK used those lines differently in his act, I want to be sure to give him credit since they fit perfectly into my routine. Enjoy!

• Options
    edited September 2012
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    This is an on-topic forum, so you should be on-topic!

Sometimes there will be drift here and there, but when I come in an see a solid page dedicated to stand-up comedians and the latest meme, that is a sign you are all off the rails completely. Generally speaking I won't punish anyone for this, but there will be infractions if you keep it up AFTER I or another mod have warned you. Which, coincidentally, has already happened! Stay on topic, friends!

Damn. No more stories about my cat. :(

fatalspoons on
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    /some joke about your cat being able to play Protoss

It's late and I'm lazy. D:

Also Hyun vs Puma on NASL now.

Ok, that final battle looked like an ingame cutscene from the campaign, with a fully powered Brood stomping all over a burning Terran base.

Jibba on
  • Options
    wow. Puma kinda got slaughtered that last game.

• Options
    standup comedy not like starcraft

use other peoples builds is bad

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    "Ooh Dragon is streaming HotS!"

11/11 ramp bunker block*

"Nvm"

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Isn't dragon the guy who cheese constantly while being goofy about it?

• Options
    very quietly the largest collection of esports important people ever is broadcasting now

• Options
    BiosysBiosys Registered User regular
    esports congress

a great name

for a beautiful thing

• Options
    Hmm, MLG took Shakuras out of their map pool, and changed TDA to have no rocks at the third. Progress!

• Options
    BiosysBiosys Registered User regular
    esports seems to only attract bald people

or maybe people turn bald in esports

intriguing

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I'm still waiting for someone in the beta to take 2 dropships, one full of widow mines the other hellions, and unload them into a blind corner of an enemy base. They burrow the mines near the drop site and then harass with the hellions. When the army comes to clear the hellions out, they player retreats the hellions into one of the dropships and intentionally guides them into the mine field. :)

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Dragon was dropping widow mines in a TvT earlier. It was fairly ineffective.
    He also tried to defend banshee harass with them, and just ended up losing like 20 workers.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I can't imagine WM drops being that useful, except maybe in the lower leagues where people like myself forget to look at the minimap. Drop, burrow, attack takes too long to be effective. That's why I think they would be great as a surprise in combination with a different harassing unit like hellions or banshees.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Any terrans around willing to come on and just beat the shit out of me for an hour or two?
    Yilias wrote: »
    Hmm, MLG took Shakuras out of their map pool, and changed TDA to have no rocks at the third. Progress!

TDA with no rocks is the most zerg favoured map in the game.

jaziek on
    Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
  • Options
    I can get on as soon as I finish installing this Java compiler.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    ill come play terran jaziek

• Options
    jaziek wrote: »
    TDA with no rocks is the most zerg favoured map in the game.

seriously

its zerg favoured even with the fucking rocks

• Options
    edited September 2012
    redraptor wrote: »
    very quietly the largest collection of esports important people ever is broadcasting now

Sort of. This panel is Browder, ZeroGravity (Navi's manager) and a bunch of people in non-esports games trying to sell their stuff. o.o

Not that I'm not looking forward to Hawken, but this person has nothing to add regarding ESPORTS. Same with the Trackmania guy.

EDIT: I guess Trackmania and World of Tanks have an e-sports scene, but so far these guys haven't said anything interesting.

Jibba on
  • Options
    mastmanmastman Registered User regular
    I love TDA. so wide open, so many flanks.

ByalIX8.png
    B.net: Kusanku
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    God, he just asked them why CS lived and Q3/UT died, and none of them gave a decent answer. >.> Hawken dev says it's because when someone dies in CS, you can switch and find something else going on. Pretty clearly never watched a dueling game in her life.

At least the next panel will be better.
    On September 21 2012 23:21 AlternativeEgo wrote:
    Next up @VLCeSportsCon: 17:00 - Kevin Lin (Twitch) Joakim Sandberg (SVT) Simon Whitcombe (CBSi) Mark Reed (Heaven Media) Stuart Saw (Own3D)

SVT is Swedish Television

Jibba on
  • Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Oh, that sounds interesting. SVT has been really really on the ball about online content, so they might have something interesting to say about esports.

This discussion has been closed.