Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

The Resistance [BSG-esque PBP Game] [GAME OVER-SPIES WIN]

11011121416

Posts

  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    basically if you go off the assumption that leaders , if they were traitors wouldn't pick other cheaters, you could limit spy sets to

    Tayrun solo
    Tayrun and Flim (this would have to be extreme luck and one just supporting)
    Tayrun and mi-go (more sensible that both would pass on the first...if he sabotaged the second and setting a precedent. Still this seems VERY far out, MrBody being a spy picking another spy for the first mission basically makes more sense in terms of ODDS I would think) - this set is included because they were selected together on the first mission. otherwise it would have been excluded.
    MrBody solo
    MrBody and Flim (this would have to be extreme luck and one just supporting)
    MrBody and Blah (if we assume past failure was setting a precedent that he would be the one that sabotages but that is a big assumption)
    Cerberus and Mi-go
    Cerberus and BlahmcBlah
    Flimflam and Mi-Go
    Flimflam and BlahmcBlah

  • TayrunTayrun Registered User regular
    I am getting a headache just by thinking of all the possibilities of who's who. Just going to vote yes, it will make my life easier.

    And for the record Spyrun, Mr Body didn't have to "set you up" for me to know that you are either:
    a) An obvious spy
    b) A Resistance member that acts like a spy on purpose.

    'Atta boy.
    I think they bought it!

    3DS: 5257-9337-8263
  • mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
    Tayrun wrote: »
    I am getting a headache just by thinking of all the possibilities of who's who. Just going to vote yes, it will make my life easier.

    And for the record Spyrun, Mr Body didn't have to "set you up" for me to know that you are either:
    a) An obvious spy
    b) A Resistance member that acts like a spy on purpose.

    'Atta boy.
    I think they bought it!

    If you are b)..... :facepalm:

  • TayrunTayrun Registered User regular
    Tayrun wrote: »
    I am getting a headache just by thinking of all the possibilities of who's who. Just going to vote yes, it will make my life easier.

    And for the record Spyrun, Mr Body didn't have to "set you up" for me to know that you are either:
    a) An obvious spy
    b) A Resistance member that acts like a spy on purpose.

    'Atta boy.
    I think they bought it!

    If you are b)..... :facepalm:

    You get that it's neither, right? You're just playing along?

    I'm concerned that you might be serious.

    I haven't been acting like a spy, at any point.

    I've been doing an obvious spy caricature this whole time. Like, remarkably obvious. Like @Stever777 obvious.

    3DS: 5257-9337-8263
  • FlimflammeryFlimflammery There's always money in the banana stand... Oxford, UKRegistered User regular
    Right, so I've voted yes for this mission; I'm still not convinced about Cerberus, but I believe we most probably have four resistance members on this team. However, if this goes ahead and succeeds, we still need to rethink it for the final mission, I think. Perhaps replacing Cerberus with doodles?

    Anyway, I'm probably wrong and mi-go is going to betray us horribly. Trouble is, I can't work out a logically better team with all the accusations and protestations flying around.

  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Right, so I've voted yes for this mission; I'm still not convinced about Cerberus, but I believe we most probably have four resistance members on this team. However, if this goes ahead and succeeds, we still need to rethink it for the final mission, I think. Perhaps replacing Cerberus with doodles?

    Anyway, I'm probably wrong and mi-go is going to betray us horribly. Trouble is, I can't work out a logically better team with all the accusations and protestations flying around.

    For that to work. Tayrun and Cerberus would have to have been in cahoots. Meaning Cerberus left out mi-go arbitrarily and included Tayrun on his mission for some reason and then only one of them decided to fail it. Seems a bit far fetched.

    Cerberus and blah. Or Cerberus and mi-go make more sense. If you want to open the potential for others to be innocent. I know I am but you only have face value for that, and obviously everyone else in my position (that is not having gone on a mission) will claim the same.

  • doodles613doodles613 Registered User
    Wow ok, so i justgot done reading all that's happened, I'm a bit tired, so can someone please twist the current team we are voting on?

  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    It's based on the logic/assertion that if there were more than one spy on a mission that more than one would have submitted the sabotaged it. Also essentially that Tayrun is the sole spy that has been brought along on any mission so far. The logic is outlined in MrBody's post here .

    At the top of the page and elsewhere after I put forward his ideal team of trustworthies. I put forward different spy possibilities. Some possibilities seemingly more plausible than others.

  • doodles613doodles613 Registered User
    Egos wrote: »
    If I do put forward : Mr.Body, Mi-Go, Cerebus, Blah, Flim.

    And I know I'm resistance, it would basically be me assuming that

    kilnaga
    Tayrun
    doodles
    Daemonis

    are Spies...

    Ok, on one hand you say this, accusing me and kilnaga of being a spy for no reason. I think both of us have done a lot to help uncover the spys...but then you say:
    Egos wrote: »
    basically if you go off the assumption that leaders , if they were traitors wouldn't pick other cheaters, you could limit spy sets to

    Tayrun solo
    Tayrun and Flim (this would have to be extreme luck and one just supporting)
    Tayrun and mi-go (more sensible that both would pass on the first...if he sabotaged the second and setting a precedent. Still this seems VERY far out, MrBody being a spy picking another spy for the first mission basically makes more sense in terms of ODDS I would think) - this set is included because they were selected together on the first mission. otherwise it would have been excluded.
    MrBody solo
    MrBody and Flim (this would have to be extreme luck and one just supporting)
    MrBody and Blah (if we assume past failure was setting a precedent that he would be the one that sabotages but that is a big assumption)
    Cerberus and Mi-go
    Cerberus and BlahmcBlah
    Flimflam and Mi-Go
    Flimflam and BlahmcBlah

    Which points the suspicion to Tayrun, Film, MrBody, Blah, Cerberus, and Mi-go (which I think is an absurd assumption altogether)

    I just don't get it, to me, you are flip flopping, becuase you support a team where all 5 of the members are suspected of being a spy on your list, how do you do that?!?! This is totally careless on your part, and this kind of confusing nonsense leads me to believe that you are spy, and at least 2 of the members of the team you proposed are spys. I am strongly considering a no vote on your proposal, but you did not include yourself, so I don't know...

  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    The first post is manner of fact if we go with the suggested team. It's not accusatory. Mr. Body's team leaves no room for error it basically states only one of us can be a resistance member.

    The second post is allowing discussion based on various possibilities. My vote is still yes.

    I didn't say I disagreed with Mr. Body. Notice I said "possible" spy sets. Everyone is possibly a spy. You are ignorant to think otherwise.

  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    sorry "spy sets to"

    and that Tayrun solo is an option.

  • doodles613doodles613 Registered User
    Egos wrote: »
    The first post is manner of fact if we go with the suggested team. It's not accusatory. Mr. Body's team leaves no room for error it basically states only one of us can be a resistance member.

    The second post is allowing discussion based on various possibilities. My vote is still yes.

    I didn't say I disagreed with Mr. Body. Notice I said "possible" spy sets. Everyone is possibly a spy. You are ignorant to think otherwise.

    Yes, if they are all possible spys, I don't know why you would vote yes if you think so, becuase then for sure you would think that 2 people on this team are spys! You are pretty much handing the game to the spys, you can do what you want, but I'm done arguing with people who keep flip flopping. Im just going to call it as I see it

  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    doodles613 wrote: »
    Egos wrote: »
    The first post is manner of fact if we go with the suggested team. It's not accusatory. Mr. Body's team leaves no room for error it basically states only one of us can be a resistance member.

    The second post is allowing discussion based on various possibilities. My vote is still yes.

    I didn't say I disagreed with Mr. Body. Notice I said "possible" spy sets. Everyone is possibly a spy. You are ignorant to think otherwise.

    Yes, if they are all possible spys, I don't know why you would vote yes if you think so, becuase then for sure you would think that 2 people on this team are spys! You are pretty much handing the game to the spys, you can do what you want, but I'm done arguing with people who keep flip flopping. Im just going to call it as I see it

    I never said that. The key word there are "for sure".

    edit: well , words.

    Egos on
  • blahmcblahblahmcblah I never drink... wine. Registered User regular
    Reading is fundamental, doodles.

  • doodles613doodles613 Registered User
    Egos wrote: »
    doodles613 wrote: »
    Egos wrote: »
    The first post is manner of fact if we go with the suggested team. It's not accusatory. Mr. Body's team leaves no room for error it basically states only one of us can be a resistance member.

    The second post is allowing discussion based on various possibilities. My vote is still yes.

    I didn't say I disagreed with Mr. Body. Notice I said "possible" spy sets. Everyone is possibly a spy. You are ignorant to think otherwise.

    Yes, if they are all possible spys, I don't know why you would vote yes if you think so, becuase then for sure you would think that 2 people on this team are spys! You are pretty much handing the game to the spys, you can do what you want, but I'm done arguing with people who keep flip flopping. Im just going to call it as I see it

    I never said that. The key word there are "for sure".

    edit: well , words.

    It is simply not possible to be suspicious of this group, and not think more then one of them is a spy. I simply fail to see how you are logically analyzing this situation, and you are def flip flopping by pointing out the suspicious people, and then arbitrarily adding other people to your "spys" list. You have a blatant contradiction in your logic. By voting yes to this mission you are saying that Tayrun is the solo spy from the previous missions, and that is your conclusion. If that is not your conclusion, then you are acknowledging that 2 of the people you are voting yes for are spys. Its one or the other, are there certainly is more suspicion on some people then others. I think with all this nonsense, and then your instant deflection of the obvious contradiction in your logic, you are 100% for sure a spy and trying to set us up. I am def voting no for this team, and I know now that 2 other people on this team are spys. Probably MrBody becuase he suggested it, but I would not know who the third hand in this team is a spy.

    Mr.Body, Mi-Go, Cerebus, Blah, Flim.

    I think we have to go on this

    spys:
    Egos
    MrBody
    (personal thinking) Film (sorry, I still dont trust you becuase you seem like your trying to confuse people. I dont buy that it would be done to such a degree without trying to do so)

    that means that
    Mi-Go, Cerebus and Blah should be clear, becuase the spys would only want 2 people on the mission who are spys to avoid the most suspicion

    I think the final team should be
    Mi-Go
    Cerebus
    Blah
    Doodles613
    (open)

    Ill acknowledge that its hard to pick that last member, and would be open to suggestions.

  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    what contradiction?

  • doodles613doodles613 Registered User
    OK, Remembering from the start of the game, and since he did a terible job of denying that he was not a spy, I would say that Daemnous is a spy, so my 4 identified spys would be

    Egos
    MrBody
    Dan "Imperial Spy" Gorbovski
    Film

    I think they did get lucky, becuase they did not pick to be on the same team. They had a 50% chance to succeed in getting lucky, as with the 4 possible outcomes of two spys on the same mission, half of those outcomes are one spys picks pass, the other picks fail. I don't think its extreme luck at all, its a 50% chance.

    I think based on this, we can move forward and win

  • FlimflammeryFlimflammery There's always money in the banana stand... Oxford, UKRegistered User regular
    Doodles - see, that's where we differ in our consideration of other people's motives. I think you are definitely not a spy primarily because of how confused many of your posts seem.

    I acknowledge that many of my posts have been confused too (particularly close the beginning when I was the leader). What I fail to see is how that paints me as a spy. I would take certainty as far more suspicious spy-like behaviour.

  • FlimflammeryFlimflammery There's always money in the banana stand... Oxford, UKRegistered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Doodles, if you are basing your logic on the assumption that I'm a spy, you're wrong. Sorry, but there it is.

    Flimflammery on
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    doodles613 wrote: »

    It is simply not possible to be suspicious of this group, and not think more then one of them is a spy. I simply fail to see how you are logically analyzing this situation, and you are def flip flopping by pointing out the suspicious people, and then arbitrarily adding other people to your "spys" list.

    See the thing is. It isn't a spy list. It was possible spy sets under pretty specific circumstances. There is a pretty big difference. Did I ever say suspicious?

    Flimflammeryblahmcblah
  • blahmcblahblahmcblah I never drink... wine. Registered User regular
    Doodles - see, that's where we differ in our consideration of other people's motives. I think you are definitely not a spy primarily because of how confused many of your posts seem.

    Quoted for hilarity.

  • CerberusCerberus Registered User regular
    I'm still around but have lost the will to argue about who I think spies are, simply because it doesn't get us anywhere.

    As I've been saying for sometime, we need to pick who we think have failed the early mission and base a team off that. It is risky but its a game winner.
    The team that has been put forward at least does that, so I'm good with it. If this team fails if we make a similar logical choice for the next team I'll go with that too. I'd like to be on it but the most important thing is that I am not considered a spy as that logic would mean that a spy is definitely getting picked for the mission.

    Other than that, think it is vote time, we need either a mission or new vote results and team suggestion to move this forward any. We've got a list of possibles and don't agree. Lets not get too circular with the conversation.

    Flimflammery
  • TayrunTayrun Registered User regular
    Cerberus wrote: »
    I'm still around but have lost the will to argue about who I think spies are, simply because it doesn't get us anywhere.

    This happened to me during that avalanche of herpderp over mission 2.
    Egos wrote: »
    It's based on the logic/assertion that if there were more than one spy on a mission that more than one would have submitted the sabotaged it. Also essentially that Tayrun is the sole spy that has been brought along on any mission so far. The logic is outlined in MrBody's post here .

    One last time and I'm done:

    I. Am. Not. A. Spy.

    For those still inclined to solve this, I have a suggestion. Try running a calculation in which you make the assumption that I am resistance, and see what falls out, and whether that gives you a coherent narrative. It'll be closer to the truth than anything proposed so far.

    3DS: 5257-9337-8263
  • doodles613doodles613 Registered User
    Egos wrote: »
    doodles613 wrote: »

    It is simply not possible to be suspicious of this group, and not think more then one of them is a spy. I simply fail to see how you are logically analyzing this situation, and you are def flip flopping by pointing out the suspicious people, and then arbitrarily adding other people to your "spys" list.

    See the thing is. It isn't a spy list. It was possible spy sets under pretty specific circumstances. There is a pretty big difference. Did I ever say suspicious?

    1. If people are possible spys, then you have suspicion of them for pointing it out, its impossible to say otherwise. You are again avoiding the questions and just deflecting.

    2. Your list is correct, you list all the possibilities of who can be a spy, yet you vote to include 5 people from failed missions, which makes the assumption that only Taryun is a spy and the rest are clear.

    3. The assumption that Taryun is a spy by himself is a horrible assumption! I would not assume that there is only 1 guilty person from the first two missions, I would assume there are two.

    There is nothing confusing about my posts, this is how logic goes. But whatever, when it fails, I will be laughing at Egos and MrBody for throwing the rebels under the bus. I guess its just time for people to vote and end the game though.

  • FlimflammeryFlimflammery There's always money in the banana stand... Oxford, UKRegistered User regular
    I think that a possible problem with playing this game online is the total lack of body language and verbal tics to go on, which is why I'm having such a hard time believing anyone is a spy once they type a vaguely convincing post - which, I have to admit, the vast majority of the people involved have done so at various points.

    At this point I'm leaning towards the narrative that Cerberus and mi-go are spies, even if I can't really understand why mi-go would have voted for the blah mission plan (perhaps in order to confuse the issue, I don't know). However, I think this has possibly gone on long enough, and it's probably best not to flip-flop with my vote any longer, so I'll stick with it and hope that mrbody's theorising is correct.

    That attitude may sound suspicious, and if you think so I don't blame you. But I don't think I can sustain the brain-space much longer that I've been using to try and figure this all out over the last week, and am morbidly curious as to how it all turns out in the wash. As well as looking forward to people being stunned that I'm not actually a spy :)

  • doodles613doodles613 Registered User
    I think that a possible problem with playing this game online is the total lack of body language and verbal tics to go on, which is why I'm having such a hard time believing anyone is a spy once they type a vaguely convincing post - which, I have to admit, the vast majority of the people involved have done so at various points.

    At this point I'm leaning towards the narrative that Cerberus and mi-go are spies, even if I can't really understand why mi-go would have voted for the blah mission plan (perhaps in order to confuse the issue, I don't know). However, I think this has possibly gone on long enough, and it's probably best not to flip-flop with my vote any longer, so I'll stick with it and hope that mrbody's theorising is correct.

    That attitude may sound suspicious, and if you think so I don't blame you. But I don't think I can sustain the brain-space much longer that I've been using to try and figure this all out over the last week, and am morbidly curious as to how it all turns out in the wash. As well as looking forward to people being stunned that I'm not aually a spy :)

    I respect your honesty, but the soya have caused so much discord that the rebels don't have a chance anymore. at this point, we just need to vote yes or no and see if the game continues

  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    doodles613 wrote: »
    Egos wrote: »
    doodles613 wrote: »

    It is simply not possible to be suspicious of this group, and not think more then one of them is a spy. I simply fail to see how you are logically analyzing this situation, and you are def flip flopping by pointing out the suspicious people, and then arbitrarily adding other people to your "spys" list.

    See the thing is. It isn't a spy list. It was possible spy sets under pretty specific circumstances. There is a pretty big difference. Did I ever say suspicious?

    1. If people are possible spys, then you have suspicion of them for pointing it out, its impossible to say otherwise. You are again avoiding the questions and just deflecting.

    2. Your list is correct, you list all the possibilities of who can be a spy, yet you vote to include 5 people from failed missions, which makes the assumption that only Taryun is a spy and the rest are clear.

    3. The assumption that Taryun is a spy by himself is a horrible assumption! I would not assume that there is only 1 guilty person from the first two missions, I would assume there are two.

    There is nothing confusing about my posts, this is how logic goes. But whatever, when it fails, I will be laughing at Egos and MrBody for throwing the rebels under the bus. I guess its just time for people to vote and end the game though.

    1. Or I'm just trying to start discussion to see if people see things I don't? You are a vitriolic little fellow aren't you. I would be able to still change my vote if someone saw something that made sense.

    2. That would be my assumption unless people see evidence in the thread and something further incriminating.

    3. It would be nice if you could explain this instead of just leaving it at that. If you are trying to win people over.

    Egos on
  • TayrunTayrun Registered User regular
    C'mon now fellas, let's play nice.

    3DS: 5257-9337-8263
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    He did start it by accusing me of things I did not do and his tone didn't seem particularly nice (but that could be me reading things into it..the laughing at mrbody and egos didn't help either). Regardless if you are convinced something is going on, doodles. You would have 3 members on the team who are innocent in theory according to your last note. If you have some sort of evidence, you should present it.

  • KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    Egos wrote: »
    He did start it by accusing me of things I did not do and his tone didn't seem particularly nice (but that could be me reading things into it..the laughing at mrbody and egos didn't help either). Regardless if you are convinced something is going on, doodles. You would have 3 members on the team who are innocent in theory according to your last note. If you have some sort of evidence, you should present it.

    I can't give you proof your mission team is bad beyond I know I'm resistance and your plan assumes I'm a spy for your team to work. You likely have a spy on your team, the bigger/more important question is whether or not you have two.

    † We don't have to be mean. 'Cause, remember: no matter where you go... there you are.†
    DS Friend Code: 2680-9293-7063
  • CerberusCerberus Registered User regular
    As I keep saying having a single spy kills us on the next mission. As a single spy will support and let's be honest if the team all pass would we change it? I don't think so as it would be too risky!

  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    On the plus side if there is a single spy it's very limited who it could be.

    On the negative side choosing a replacement is very hard.

    On the negative side you would have no real indication there was a spy other than something is amok :|

    Also Daemonis' silence is discerning as always

  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    doodles613 wrote: »
    There is nothing confusing about my posts, this is how logic goes. But whatever, when it fails, I will be laughing at Egos and MrBody for throwing the rebels under the bus. I guess its just time for people to vote and end the game though.

    Also why would you be laughing at us? If in your mind we are spies O_o . We would be doing our job.

  • CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    1. Blahmcblah - YES
    2. Damonis - YES
    3. Egos - YES
    4. kilnaga - NO
    5. mi-go hunter - YES
    6. doodles613 - NO
    7. Mr Body - YES
    8. Flimflammery - YES
    9. Cerberus - YES
    10. Tayrun - NO

    Mission Approved!


    @Mr.Body, @Mi-Go, @Cerebus, @Blahmcblah, @Flimflammery

    How goes the mission?

  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    it's just @MrBody

    if it had a . you would it in quotes.

    Not surprised with Daemonis's vote..regardless of how this turns out.

  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    well granted the question is. Does he want people to question themselves and think there a spy on-board or did he want it to succeed regardless.. Guess we'll find out in a few moments :/

  • blahmcblahblahmcblah I never drink... wine. Registered User regular
    Good game, suckas! No idea why doodles voted against a team with two spies on it. Maybe he just doesn't understand the rules of the game?

  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    so MrBody and you then I take it?

  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    or was it Cerb and You? that makes more sense

  • TayrunTayrun Registered User regular
    Heh, that's just the worst possible lineup...

    Then again, maybe my instincts are way off and there's less than two spies in the mission team. I can only hope.

    3DS: 5257-9337-8263
Sign In or Register to comment.