As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Magic the Gathering: 五公会新异能公开, 暗码, 敲诈, 血激, 协战, 进化

• Options
    The Good Doctor TranThe Good Doctor Tran Registered User regular
    Meiz wrote: »
    Someone told me I should get out of 8-4s after I beat him soundly. He started whining when I tossed out a Mizzium skin, as if playing the card in a format that had removal was a terrible idea. One of my win cons was the filibuster dudes and whacking people via the air. He then proceeded to detain my big flyer as opposed to my guildmage that then had him dead on board. He was also wondering why I wasn't alpha striking into his 2 2/4s with reach before I had the board stabilized.

I'm liking rtr.

I love people who bitch about how much better they are than you on MODO. It makes victory so much sweeter.

LoL & Spiral Knights & MC & SMNC: Carrington - Origin: CarringtonPlus - Steam: skdrtran
  • Options
    MeizMeiz Registered User regular
    Someone told me I should get out of 8-4s after I beat him soundly. He started whining when I tossed out a Mizzium skin, as if playing the card in a format that had removal was a terrible idea. One of my win cons was the filibuster dudes and whacking people via the air. He then proceeded to detain my big flyer as opposed to my guildmage that then had him dead on board. He was also wondering why I wasn't alpha striking into his 2 2/4s with reach before I had the board stabilized.

I'm liking rtr.

I love people who bitch about how much better they are than you on MODO. It makes victory so much sweeter.

He was going on about how he won 7 8-4s before losing to me. I'm just playing magic cards dude. That deck happened to get me to the finals too. And yes, victory was rather delicious because of his ranting. He punted with the detain enchantment on the board, detaining my big thing, ignoring my thing that makes me win. It was glorious.

• Options

I'm liking rtr.

He was going on about how he won 7 8-4s before losing to me. I'm just playing magic cards dude. That deck happened to get me to the finals too. And yes, victory was rather delicious because of his ranting. He punted with the detain enchantment on the board, detaining my big thing, ignoring my thing that makes me win. It was glorious.

But LSV gave his card a 4, and your card only got a 2.5! CLEARLY HE IS THE BETTER PLAYER!

LoL & Spiral Knights & MC & SMNC: Carrington - Origin: CarringtonPlus - Steam: skdrtran
  • Options
    MeizMeiz Registered User regular
    The +0,+1 is a nice touch. That's done some work for me. I'm liking the overload cards as a whole. The most bonkers is teleportal.

• Options
    The +0,+1 is a nice touch. That's done some work for me. I'm liking the overload cards as a whole. The most bonkers is teleportal.

I both love and hate teleportal. A lot of the time players use it to get a clever hit to draw a card or whatever, but sometimes it's just "oh, you top decked that in a stalled board? gg I guess."

• Options
    FrankoFranko Sometimes I really wish I had four feet so I could dance with myself to the drumbeat Registered User regular
    ya teleportal this sets overrun
    My best play during the pre-release was on a stalled board my opponent topped a teleportal hitting me for 9 when I had only 9 left
    he didn't see my deathrite shaman could tap and gain me 2 life, let me swing to win the next turn

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Bought more packs today

Highlights include: Foil Dreadbore, Hallowed Fountain, Abrupt Decay

Also got Carnival Hellsteed, Cryptborn Horror and a foil common

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    I need blood crypts but fuck paying dollars

• Options
    edited October 2012
    So I took a quick look and across my rares and a few uncommons I have close to 60 bucks in cards I'm not attached to

Starcity buys them for what, half of what they sell them? I bet most stores do about the same

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    So I took a quick look and across my rares and a few uncommons I have close to 60 bucks in cards I'm not attached to

Starcity buys them for what, half of what they sell them? I bet most stores do about the same

Most places offer better prices than SCG.

• Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    so im kicking around an idea for an Azor's Elecutors deck because i happen to have a playset of them and itd be hilarious

4 Fog Bank
    4 Azor's Elocutors
    4 Azorius Justiciar
    4 Azorius Arrester
    4 Judge's Familiar
    4 Martial Law
    4 Arrest
    4 Downsize
    4 Blustersquall
    4 Azorius Guildgate
    9 Island
    9 Plains
    2 Dramatic Rescue
    SB: 1 Midvast Protector
    SB: 4 Bonds of Faith

im not great at deckbuilding so what do you guys think!

• Options
    FrankoFranko Sometimes I really wish I had four feet so I could dance with myself to the drumbeat Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    If you are building on a budget maybe some cloudshifts?
    O-ring is better than arrest
    I'd put in Faith's Shield over Downsize or blustersquall to protect your win condition

it is just sad that proliferate isn't in the format anymore

Franko on
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    I think Azo charms are AMAZING for w/u control. You should try to fit them in. Also I like 24 lands, I'd try to get up to 24 lands.
    Arrest -> O-ring
    Downsize -> Faith's Shield
    Blustersquall -> Azorius Charm

So anyhoo, everyone I use Elocutors on doesn't understand the card. This happen to everyone else?
    *play elecutors
    *next turn they attack, you don't block
    *your turn you put a counter on the elecutors
    "I hit you, you don't put a counter on."
    "No, damage removes counters, I had no counters to remove when you hit me."
    *silence and a blank stare

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options

Maybe I'll make the pilgrimage out to the card shop nearest me

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options

Also, if you have the time/patience, you can get pretty close to top dollar by selling them at on cardshark.com.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Hey is this the right thread to talk about how badassical Netrunner is

'Cause guys, Netrunner is pretty badassical

• Options

Also, if you have the time/patience, you can get pretty close to top dollar by selling them at on cardshark.com.

Ooooh that seems like a decent website to do this kind of thing, I'll give that a spin

I should probably buy a few sleeves at least for cards I want to sell

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Most Elocutor decks run the "take another turn" miracle nowadays, right?

• Options

Ooooh that seems like a decent website to do this kind of thing, I'll give that a spin

I should probably buy a few sleeves at least for cards I want to sell

I don't know if they still offer it, but UltraPro had a combo pack of hard and soft sleeves - hard is good for cards you want to sell because the card is protected from anything short of being submerged in water or set on fire, and you can use the soft sleeves for decks or extra protection or whatever.
    Enc wrote: »
    Most Elocutor decks run the "take another turn" miracle nowadays, right?

The few that I've seen competitively do, yea.

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular

Richard Garfield's or android netrunner

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »

They're basically the same.

I would assume he's talking about Android.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Fun fact, our resident mspa fan supreme Lexxy did art for the new netrunner game. It looked cool, but it sold out in minutes at gencon, so I bought catan instead

• Options
    Bought another pack

Inside was a Nivmagus Elemental and a Foil Nivmagus Elemental

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    Bought another pack

Inside was a Nivmagus Elemental and a Foil Nivmagus Elemental

I heard you like Nivmagus Elementals so I put a Nivmagus Elemental in your Nivmagus Elemental

ipsesignew.jpg
    Flickr - PSN ID - IamTetsuo - Steam
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    i'm excited about the new modern boosters

but everyone's gonna buy the hell out of them before anyone sees them, and they'll be gone, and i still won't be able to afford goyfs

:<

• Options
    TokyoVTokyoV Registered User regular
    They'll do next to nothing for the market, if not nothing at all. The value in these is finding enough of them to do a couple awesome drafts, or hold on to them and sell them later like a greedy piggie.

Oh and the Grand Prix. That's a lot of value right there.

• Options
    Antimatter wrote: »

Android Netrunner.

My roommate and I have been playing it down to the goddang ground. Rumor has it the first card pack comes out in December. It's straight-up dumb how stoked I am. Wish I knew people other than my roommate who played, though. Variety being the spice of life and all that jazz.

• Options
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Fun fact, our resident mspa fan supreme Lexxy did art for the new netrunner game. It looked cool, but it sold out in minutes at gencon, so I bought catan instead

Oh, wow, that's rad. The art's really slick. I'm a total sucker for the whole cyberpunk aesthetic. It really Williams my Gibson, if you catch my drift.

• Options
    ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    Lucedes wrote: »

but everyone's gonna buy the hell out of them before anyone sees them, and they'll be gone, and i still won't be able to afford goyfs

the new goyfs will probably be more affordable than the FS ones

• Options
    Buttlord wrote: »
    Lucedes wrote: »

the new goyfs will probably be more affordable than the FS ones

No more than 10% more affordable.

• Options
    Jackie Lee's side of the whole ridiculous disqualification on the pro tour thing: http://magic.tcgplayer.com/db/article.asp?ID=10794

She's pretty fair about it - probably more fair than I would be in her place. I definitely agree with what she has to say about how casual play has influenced high level rules enforcement, though.

• Options
    I was ready to be all snarky but that girl got screwed over

The judge should have just told her that her life total was 10 and let the game continue

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options

The judge should have just told her that her life total was 10 and let the game continue

Yea, whoever was head judging at that point was just...ugh.

• Options

Yea, whoever was head judging at that point was just...ugh.

Yeah no shit, the idea that she was trying to gain an unfair advantage by using a relatively new set of rules is completely undone by the fact that she called the judge

I feel like if she had wanted to cheat she would have berated the guy, who seemed new to pro games, reciting the rules until he capitulated or called the judge himself

Good on her for taking it so well I guess

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Daddy Two-CoatsDaddy Two-Coats Registered User regular
    I both love and hate teleportal. A lot of the time players use it to get a clever hit to draw a card or whatever, but sometimes it's just "oh, you top decked that in a stalled board? gg I guess."

I'm running an Izzet Goblin deck that's stocked with Teleportals... the only thing that sucks is the overload cost is too high to really make use of it (though when you can, it's a bitch). I'm becoming more and more fond of Dynacharge as a lower cost alternative that gives even MORE damage. The unblockable ability on Teleportal doesn't seem worth it for like 4 extra mana.

• Options
    Daddy Two-CoatsDaddy Two-Coats Registered User regular

I dunno, this is something I really detest about some players... if I have a Stab Wound on you, and it triggers, and you SEE ME write it down and don't move your total, you're being a dick. It's pretty obvious in that case that I've acknowledged the trigger, and so should you. I don't like the onus being on the players to have to acknowledge that their opponent is trying to cheat for it to be so.

• Options

I dunno, this is something I really detest about some players... if I have a Stab Wound on you, and it triggers, and you SEE ME write it down and don't move your total, you're being a dick. It's pretty obvious in that case that I've acknowledged the trigger, and so should you. I don't like the onus being on the players to have to acknowledge that their opponent is trying to cheat for it to be so.

I personally agree that she was being kind of a jerk for not just going "oh you're right, I'm at 10"

But it sounds like she was within the letter of the law, and so she called the judge

The judge then should have just said "this is dumb, you're at 10, keep playing"

But I guess the judge is also within the bounds of the rules to DQ her and maybe they were having lots of problems with people trying to use that rule and so the head judge had made the decision to crack down on it, her game doesn't exist in a vacuum and there were probably outside influences that made the judge rule that way

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    AdvocateAdvocate Registered User regular

Can you non verbally announce a trigger? He should have made sure his opponent understood that she lost 2 life, then write it down. You can't assume that your opponent understands the board state.

• Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    If she recognized that he recognized the trigger, then the case for thinking it was a missed trigger sounds pretty weak. Far too gamey when it comes to the rules for my liking.

• Options
    AdvocateAdvocate Registered User regular
    Honestly I just think both players were in the wrong, her for trying to pretend those triggers didn't happen, and him for not being clear.

This discussion has been closed.