Options

Magic the Gathering: 五公会新异能公开, 暗码, 敲诈, 血激, 协战, 进化

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Me: "Ok so end of turn I play eyes in the sky, populate on the white-green elemental token"
    Friend: "Ok, go ahead"
    Me: "Untap step, upkeep step, growing ranks triggers, populate on the white-green elemental, making another 8/8 GW with vigilance"
    Friend:... ok
    Me: use Selesnya guildmage populate ability for 2WG to populate
    Friend ..... fine
    Me: *attacks, gets through*
    Friend OK MY TIME HAHAHAHA *quickly untaps, draws* SURPREME VERDICT!!!!!
    Me: Ok in response I play Rootborn Defense
    Friend: *stares at card for a good minute, scoops, looks at me"

• Options
    ultimakayultimakay Registered User regular
    I am really excited to play simic when gatecrash comes out. I dont even care how it good/bad it is, I just love simic a lot and the mechanic seems very interesting this time around.

hLeTR.png
  • Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    I continue to get azorius stuff

archon of the triumvirate and sphinx's revelation

but also another wayfaring temple

selesnya for liiiiiiiiiiiiife

• Options
    A lousy $25 Sphinx's Revelation.

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    money means nothing to a Selesnya Ascetic like BugBoy

or, at least it won't until Gatecrash, when he becomes a greedy Orzhov priest

• Options
    FrankoFranko Sometimes I really wish I had four feet so I could dance with myself to the drumbeat Registered User regular
    Me: "Ok so end of turn I play eyes in the sky, populate on the white-green elemental token"
    Friend: "Ok, go ahead"
    Me: "Untap step, upkeep step, growing ranks triggers, populate on the white-green elemental, making another 8/8 GW with vigilance"
    Friend:... ok
    Me: use Selesnya guildmage populate ability for 2WG to populate
    Friend ..... fine
    Me: *attacks, gets through*
    Friend OK MY TIME HAHAHAHA *quickly untaps, draws* SURPREME VERDICT!!!!!
    Me: Ok in response I play Rootborn Defense
    Friend: *stares at card for a good minute, scoops, looks at me"

jakescards_zps5f9f2e6f.gif

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    I love when your deck has a counter to its counter and you have it in hand or in play at the right time.

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    so am I the only one who woke up today all like "thank christ is sunday for more spoilers tonight"?

the best priorities

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    I want good card draw and play white/blue and I don't have a kid I can sell for a playset of Sphinx's

Anyone know good, cheaper alternatives?

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Inspiration is a common. For 3U, It is an instant that lets you draw two cards. If you are playing with a lot of humans Appeal to the masses is a good one.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    drp527drp527 We sacrifice our own That more may rise in their placeRegistered User regular
    so am I the only one who woke up today all like "thank christ is sunday for more spoilers tonight"?

the best priorities

I have been refreshing Salvation every few hours since Friday night hoping that someone, somewhere would release a spoiler card over the weekend

I think I enjoy spoiler season a little too much

a1o1MZu.jpg
    Pokemon White FC: 2623 5026 2422 SS: 2150 9795 3738 Black: 4212 6128 9776
    Black2: 1593 2528 7190 3DS:0216-0910-3881 LoL:drp527
  • Options
    ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    were there any legendaries in rtr besides guild leaders

i'm curious to see what there is in gtc

partly because i fucking love building edh decks for no reason

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    I dont think there was, unless I'm remembering wrong

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    drp527drp527 We sacrifice our own That more may rise in their placeRegistered User regular
    Buttlord wrote: »

gatherer search says no, so I guess we shouldn't expect anything more out of GTC

and then probably just the 10 champions for DGM

a1o1MZu.jpg
    Pokemon White FC: 2623 5026 2422 SS: 2150 9795 3738 Black: 4212 6128 9776
    Black2: 1593 2528 7190 3DS:0216-0910-3881 LoL:drp527
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Gumpy wrote: »
    I want good card draw and play white/blue and I don't have a kid I can sell for a playset of Sphinx's

Anyone know good, cheaper alternatives?
    Amass the Components is quite good. I've seen arguments for playing it over Jace even without considering budget.

No one card can really replace Sphinx's Revelation, but that's the best alternative I can think of off the top of my head.

• Options
    WhytherWhyther Registered User regular
    ultimakay wrote: »
    I am really excited to play simic when gatecrash comes out. I dont even care how it good/bad it is, I just love simic a lot and the mechanic seems very interesting this time around.

I hope that Simic is a little sub-par because if it is really good then EVERYONE will play it and it will make me feel less special for what I try to do with it.

• Options
    drp527 wrote: »
    Buttlord wrote: »

gatherer search says no, so I guess we shouldn't expect anything more out of GTC

and then probably just the 10 champions for DGM

boros champ will be my first gold commander

i can FEEL it

• Options
    WhytherWhyther Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    I would love another Kamigawa-like block (or maybe just a single set) that focused on legendary creatures and made use of the Grandeur mechanic from Future Sight

Although now that I think about it I guess that wouldn't be that great for commander after all...

Whyther on
  • Options
    FoolproofFoolproof thats what my hearts become in that place you dare not look staring back at youRegistered User regular
    i've been playing RtR drafts at mtgo. i had supreme verdict/rootbond defenses combo in the same draft deck but it never came off. keep opening first packs and seeing rakdos in the rare slot. Working on my agro skills in constructed format now.

anyone here starting on mtgo let me know and i'll dump any extras i have on you.

• Options
    Gonna play Gruul, smash all the heads.

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Whyther wrote: »
    I would love another Kamigawa-like block (or maybe just a single set) that focused on legendary creatures and made use of the Grandeur mechanic from Future Sight

Although now that I think about it I guess that wouldn't be that great for commander after all...

Honestly I would be happy to just get another Kamigawa block. There were so many fun mechanics in that set, and it was a nice change of pace flavor wise.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    I'm betting well get another plane altogether.

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Have their been any rumors about what the next block is going to be? I remember hearing rumors about Inistrad back when the second set of Scars was coming out.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    I loved kamigawa

not just because of the samurai brothers but it couldn't possibly hurt

• Options
    FrankoFranko Sometimes I really wish I had four feet so I could dance with myself to the drumbeat Registered User regular
    they won't do another re-visit right after a revisit
    I remember a quote about them wanting to do revisits every 3 sets

• Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    i want them to revisit the plane that arabian nights is set on

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Franko wrote: »

Sure it isn't every two? Cause we just did Return to Mirrodin to new Innistrad to Return to Ravnica.

But Yeah the next one seems garaunteed to be new. Which is super exciting.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    I think they want to stretch it a bit more
    RtR was a rule breaker, because it is #1 Plane

• Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Supposedly they want Chandra to be the lead in one of the upcoming sets, rather than Jace Jace Jace.

It'd be nice if they made a decent Chandra for once.

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    I would love to have a good Chandra more than anything

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    Chandra should do three things: Draw and then discard (not this random discard crap), maybe make the middle -loyalty ability an incinerate and then the ultimate should be a bonfire ability.

• Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    making the protagonist of magic blue was a mistake

no-one likes blue

even the people who play blue don't like blue

whereas red is everyone's favourite colour

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    making the protagonist of magic blue was a mistake

no-one likes blue

even the people who play blue don't like blue

whereas red is everyone's favourite colour

Green

• Options
    black should be the protagonist
    because capitalism

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    The problem with the big protagonists being planeswalkers is that most planeswalkers are a single color, for simplicity's sake if nothing else. Even Nicol Bolas, who's 25k years old and used to be one of the godlike (i.e. player) Planewalkers, is only three colors. Weirdly, on other characters, multiple colors usually seems to be a sign of some distress or emotional turmoil, rather than branching out (Ajani Vengeant, Garruk's two-sided version, etc.).

Obviously the main protagonist should have been blue-green-white, but that would have been a little too much for the new card type, I think.

Also five-color Sliver-related planeswalker, plz.

• Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Shadowen wrote: »
    The problem with the big protagonists being planeswalkers is that most planeswalkers are a single color, for simplicity's sake if nothing else. Even Nicol Bolas, who's 25k years old and used to be one of the godlike (i.e. player) Planewalkers, is only three colors. Weirdly, on other characters, multiple colors usually seems to be a sign of some distress or emotional turmoil, rather than branching out (Ajani Vengeant, Garruk's two-sided version, etc.).

Obviously the main protagonist should have been blue-green-white, but that would have been a little too much for the new card type, I think.

Also five-color Sliver-related planeswalker, plz.

I would be okay if Rafiq suddenly became a planeswalker. Just ridin' through the planes on his lion mount, exacting justice on whoever or whatever stands in his way.

That said, I don't especially mind Jace being the almost-protagonist, I think he just gets a bad rap from all that wallet sculpting. Architect of Thought is good without being overpowered, and Jace 1.0 is pretty useful too. They just need to strike a balance on the mechanics and cost they assign him to prevent feelbads on either side. They could also stand to make him a little less broody. Maybe tilt him into white a little since they killed off Venser, which would also contrast his supposed nemeses Chandra and Tezzeret (Tezzy for being the black side of blue and Chandra for being both red's enemy colors.)

EDIT: Of course, they could also use Ral Zarek or whatever his name is.

Terrendos on
  • Options
    Franko wrote: »

3 sets or 3 blocks because

• Options
    The Good Doctor TranThe Good Doctor Tran Registered User regular
    RtR was being actively denied up until like less than a month before it was announced. RtR is weird in terms of their usual design cycle.

LoL & Spiral Knights & MC & SMNC: Carrington - Origin: CarringtonPlus - Steam: skdrtran
  • Options
    Sara LynnSara Lynn I can handle myself. Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    I just organized all my magic cards by color/rarity in my new holiday gift box. WEEEOOO.

Sara Lynn on
  • Options
    The Good Doctor TranThe Good Doctor Tran Registered User regular
    Sara Lynn wrote: »
    I just organized all my magic cards by color/rarity in my new holiday gift box. WEEEOOO.

Now you are set up for the horrible realization that the booster pack you just bought contains one too many cards to fit in the box. And you must separate each color into its own box.

Fortunately after that you're fine until each letter of each color needs its own box.

LoL & Spiral Knights & MC & SMNC: Carrington - Origin: CarringtonPlus - Steam: skdrtran
This discussion has been closed.