Options

Magic the Gathering: 五公会新异能公开, 暗码, 敲诈, 血激, 协战, 进化

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    i love the weird simic hybrids

i hate chandra's new costume

cheesecake magic art better not become a trend

also stolen identity is really cool and works well with biovisionary

man, i once found the page of the guy who does a lot of her art, and man, man. That guy is, Something.

• Options
    I'm An Elk; Shoot MeI'm An Elk; Shoot Me It's Fiddler Crab Season! Registered User regular
    BugBoy wrote: »
    dimir looks like the worst possible thing

I'm staring at those cards over and over again while reminiscing about Mark Rosewater's blog post saying that Hexproof was toned down because "people were annoyed with it."

Yeah.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular

You misspelled "best"

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    I hate that third dimir charm option

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    FrankoFranko Sometimes I really wish I had four feet so I could dance with myself to the drumbeat Registered User regular
    Tribal Signal: find any creature for two, nice
    Urban Evolution is really interesting, I like it
    Dimir Charm: hmmmmmm

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    The wording on Tribal Signal seems weird. Why not just write, "Search your library for 3 creature cards with different names..." and leave out the conditional?

• Options
    edited January 2013
    admanb wrote: »
    The wording on Tribal Signal seems weird. Why not just write, "Search your library for 3 creature cards with different names..." and leave out the conditional?

yeah I'm not sure either

the way it reads now if you pick three with the same name do you get nothing?

or 2 with the same name and one different?

edit though I suppose this could be awkward translation issues right now

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »

You misspelled "best"

best way to identify terrible people, yes

• Options
    drp527drp527 We sacrifice our own That more may rise in their placeRegistered User regular
    The odd wording is because technically with Gifts Ungiven's restriction you can choose to search for zero, one, two, three, or four cards. If this was given the restriction "three cards with different names" you could choose to only find one card which would defeat the purpose of the random selection.

I could see this being the reason but I'm not sure if even the more vague wording works this way

a1o1MZu.jpg
    Pokemon White FC: 2623 5026 2422 SS: 2150 9795 3738 Black: 4212 6128 9776
    Black2: 1593 2528 7190 3DS:0216-0910-3881 LoL:drp527
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I think that is bullshit because gifts ungiven clearly says search for 4 cards so I have no idea what that person is talking about

currently betting on awkward translation

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    drp527drp527 We sacrifice our own That more may rise in their placeRegistered User regular
    when something says to search for a card with a certain characteristic you can "fail to find" and just not get one

i.e. if something says "Search your library for a basic land card" you don't actually have to get one even if one exists, as your opponent has no way of knowing (and one showing up from your deck at a later moment will have no negative impact if you choose to do this)

however that whole "certain characteristic" thing makes me think that since it specifically says creature card you could still fail to find

so

a1o1MZu.jpg
  • Options
    of course

of course nerds thought of that

I hate you nerds

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    of course

I hate you nerds

Gifts Ungiven for Unburial Rites + Fatty, your opponent has to put both in your graveyard. Untap, flashback Unburial Rites for fatty and win.

• Options
  • Options
    FrankoFranko Sometimes I really wish I had four feet so I could dance with myself to the drumbeat Registered User regular
    you nerds would rather tap lands than tap ladies
    neeeeeeeeerds

• Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    of course

I hate you nerds

Gifts Ungiven for Unburial Rites + Fatty, your opponent has to put both in your graveyard. Untap, flashback Unburial Rites for fatty and win.

Someone did this to me in Modern, Iona + Unburial Rites

I was playing Mono Red

Bastard

• Options
    Franko wrote: »
    Franko wrote: »
    you nerds would rather tap lands than tap ladies
    neeeeeeeeerds

and suddenly the existence of the lady lands makes perfect sense.

• Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Has Mind Grind been linked yet?

iu0xzauwx9en.jpg

I like it.

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Mind Grind is a super Mind Funeral at higher X and I love it

not that I will ever play it because I don't have a mill deck

drp527 on
    a1o1MZu.jpg
  • Options
    I cannot wait for the first time somebody mind grinds me for x=3 and I have to discard 7 really useful cards

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
  • Options
    I know

it is still fun and at times expresses exactly the right sentiment re: magic the gathering and/or the people who play it

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    I wish X could equal Zero
    Waste those cards!

• Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    Melding wrote: »
    i love the weird simic hybrids

i hate chandra's new costume

cheesecake magic art better not become a trend

also stolen identity is really cool and works well with biovisionary

man, i once found the page of the guy who does a lot of her art, and man, man. That guy is, Something.

well

what's his name

• Options
    Steve Argyle.

A lot of his stuff is pretty good, but then you see soemthign like his "artist at work" photos and his "so i decided to make a sexy version of this card"

It's rather off putting truth be told.

• Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    also that damn dimir charm is going to spend a lot of time coming out of nowhere to ruin your day

even if it's just to surprise mana screw you

• Options
    Shock GShock G Registered User regular
    drp527 wrote: »
    6jVwf.png

this is a good card

I like this card

• Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    I cannot wait for the first time somebody mind grinds me for x=3 and I have to discard 7 really useful cards

And if there's that dimir guild mage in play, lose 7 life as well!

NeoToma on
  • Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    Shock G wrote: »
    drp527 wrote: »
    6jVwf.png

this is a good card

I like this card

In terms of the ramp and card advantage gained, it's almost a time warp for 3GU rather than 3UU. And uncommon. Think I'd prefer a 1UG "Draw two cards, and you can play an extra land this turn" a little more but I still like it a lot.

• Options
    Shock GShock G Registered User regular
    it is exactly what I want to do with my turn five with an evolve deck

really with any deck slower than a hyper-aggro thing

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    NeoToma wrote: »

And if there's that dimir guild mage in play, lose 7 life as well!

I can't wait wait until somebody mills seven of my cards and I shrug because eh and then I topdeck a bonfire.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    tribal signal = all my dicks etc etc

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular

And then you'll have seven more good cards after that? Or maybe they'll mill three lands and you'll just go straight to the good cards

Mill doesn't work that way. Unless you already know what's on the top of the deck ('cause of Azorius Charm or somesuch) there is no strategic benefit to milling.

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    here's a fun quote from Aaron Forsythe regarding the RTR prerelease and the guild choice format
    It captured the flavor of the set, it made deck building quicker and easier, and it gave players something very cool and very tangible to remember the event by. Its success has enamored us so much with the idea of "experience design" for our events that we've created a special position here in R&D called "experience designer," occupied by Dave Guskin. You'll get to see Dave's handiwork throughout the Return to Ravnica block and in the years to come.

YES.

I loved the flavor of the RTR prerelease, so I'm excited to hear that we're going to get more
    I cannot wait to see what they do for Dragon's Maze

• Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    I just want a hybrid boros one drop come on people COME ON

• Options
    I'm An Elk; Shoot MeI'm An Elk; Shoot Me It's Fiddler Crab Season! Registered User regular
    Question: does Unleash boost Evolve? In other words, say you're running that crocofrog in a Jund deck, which is 1/3. If you drop an Unleashed Cackler, the wording is that it "enters the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter on it," correct? That would make it 2/2 as it enters which would trigger Evolve on the frog, yes?

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    Question: does Unleash boost Evolve? In other words, say you're running that crocofrog in a Jund deck, which is 1/3. If you drop an Unleashed Cackler, the wording is that it "enters the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter on it," correct? That would make it 2/2 as it enters which would trigger Evolve on the frog, yes?

Yes, it should trigger.

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    The art on Dimir Charm is amazing and I can't wait to get a foil playset signed by Zolton Boros.

Google has just revealed that Zolton Boros is, in fact, an actual human being and not an elaborate WotC prank. He is also the artist for all the other guild charms as well.

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    ph blake wrote: »
    The art on Dimir Charm is amazing and I can't wait to get a foil playset signed by Zolton Boros.

Google has just revealed that Zolton Boros is, in fact, an actual human being and not an elaborate WotC prank. He is also the artist for all the other guild charms as well.

Reminds me of

witcher-2-zoltan.jpg

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    ultimakayultimakay Registered User regular
    I dont know if this was posted yet but this is a sweet evolve creature!

X2KDI.jpg?1

hLeTR.png
This discussion has been closed.