As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Phalla] Of The Bulge - 0900 Hrs - US GI VICTORY & The Anonymous Neutral Victory!

• Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Would you rather I withdraw and put the mafia one step closer to victory? I bet you would Mr. Mafia.

• Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    Phyphor wrote: »
    Phyphor wrote: »
    Anyone feel like making a complete spreadsheet of all the votes ever? I'd love you long time.

Not in spreadsheet form, but http://phyphor.padev.net/phalla/3/votes/?f=-1
    Its missing a narration which is screwing up yesterdays/todays. How do I tell it one?

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Kilnaga wrote: »
    Son of a bitch. My bad, Obi. You seemed fishy :(. My mafiadar is off this game.

kilnaga has been awful quiet this game, I think. With not much to go on, I'll go with that for now.

If anybody has been abnormally quiet this game its been you TRV. I'm also fairly sure you're village though, what with the whole seer and kime deal.

As I've said for the past few days, Anialos. I said it had to be him or Obi, and it obviously wasn't Obi.

I've said a few times, I'm trying to not be as much of a motormouth. Made people fussy. Also busy these past few days.

• Options
    KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Anialos wrote: »
    Would you rather I withdraw and put the mafia one step closer to victory? I bet you would Mr. Mafia.

No, I'd rather you play the game.
    Heck I think Kilnaga might be green

Put some votes on somebody you think is suspicious then. Bring something to the table. I'll gladly move to a better target if we dredge something up. The Obi wagon has to be rife with information, I'm just stuck in GW2 dungeons and can't rake back over the entire thread ATM.

I've given my reasons for voting for you. I think its odd TRV is on my case too, what with one of those reasons being you voted for him, when to me it seems fairly obvious he has to be village.

Kilnaga on
    "The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Tell ya what, you stop voting for me every day, and I'll vote for your other prime suspect. Until then, your insistence on killing one of two people I know to be village gets my vote.

• Options
    edited October 2012
    Well premium, anialos and kilnaga seem to be involved in some bizarre menage a trois so lets try a little experiment.

Day 1: both anialos and kilnaga had throwaway votes (+1point) while premium switched from obi to migo (+0.5)
    Day 2: everyone voted for kime.
    Day 3: Anialos waited until the end to vote (+1point), premium voted TNB->kilnaga->TNB, kilnaga voted anialos -> TNB. Most importantly however, Mill, the mafia, voted for anialos when he was a serious contender at winning the vote but not a sure thing.(-5points anialos)
    Day 4: everyone votes mill, premium votes kilnaga first.
    Day 5:Anialos and premium vote obi (+1point) , Kilnaga votes anialos (+1point).

My conclusions from this. Anialos is unlikely to be mafia. Kilnaga and premium are very unlikely to both be mafia. My personal decision is that none of these three are mafia, but please convince me otherwise.

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    Tell ya what, you stop voting for me every day, and I'll vote for your other prime suspect. Until then, your insistence on killing one of two people I know to be village gets my vote.

Revenge voting is a poor village strategy.

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Also all you geese proclaiming how much information the Obi wagon will give/ did give, I'd really like to hear some of it.

• Options

Revenge voting is a poor village strategy.

Which is why I avoided it until today. Given your analysis, my offer to Kilnaga still stands, with the condition that if the vote is close I'll probably go with Premium anyways.

• Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Well premium, anialos and kilnaga seem to be involved in some bizarre menage a trois so lets try a little experiment.

Day 1: both anialos and kilnaga had throwaway votes (+1point) while premium switched from obi to migo (+0.5)
    Day 2: everyone voted for kime.
    Day 3: Anialos waited until the end to vote (+1point), premium voted TNB->kilnaga->TNB, kilnaga voted anialos -> TNB. Most importantly however, Mill, the mafia, voted for anialos when he was a serious contender at winning the vote but not a sure thing.(-5points anialos)
    Day 4: everyone votes mill, premium votes kilnaga first.
    Day 5:Anialos and premium vote obi (+1point) , Kilnaga votes anialos (+1point).

My conclusions from this. Anialos is unlikely to be mafia. Kilnaga and premium are very unlikely to both be mafia. My personal decision is that none of these three are mafia, but please convince me otherwise.

I know one of us is definitely village...

• Options
    You're neglecting the early parts of Day 2 though; what I've been largely basing my vote for Anialos off of. Ani was on the short lived TRV bandwagon before you made the network call on Kime. Looking at the rest of the stuff however makes me less sure. I'd like to go back over the Obi bandwagon more closely (and will do so later tonight if somebody already hasn't).

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    You're neglecting the early parts of Day 2 though; what I've been largely basing my vote for Anialos off of. Ani was on the short lived TRV bandwagon before you made the network call on Kime. Looking at the rest of the stuff however makes me less sure. I'd like to go back over the Obi bandwagon more closely (and will do so later tonight if somebody already hasn't).

And what part of him voting for TRV makes him more likely to be mafia?

Also please tell me what you expect to find from the Obi wagon other than what we already knew. Mafia didn't need to do shit to save kime, Obi or TNB had him covered.

• Options
    You know what, I'm voting for Mr T based on Stever's Law, because if there's one game it holds true in....

• Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    What the heck is stever's law anyways.

• Options
    Maybe we should all just hug, make out up, and vote for TRV? His suspicious role seer turned out vanillager. Does that seem odd to only me?

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Stever's lawl is that people that withdraw and get replaced are more likely to be mafia, since they'd just get inactivus'd if they weren't.

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    The timing and placement of the vote on the wagon. The fact the wagon was started by Obi, who was suspect at the time. The fact that many votes stacked up on a single person at the time of the day no matter who the target was was suspicious. The fact he fumbled when discussing when he made said vote. Outside of that, the rest of his vote record looks OK.

I'd like to see how voting for Obi lines up with the rest of the players voting records to see if they have a history of following the wagon this game of if that was their first. Also, how many people didn't vote Obi other than myself and their reasons?

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    OOOooooOOoooOO

You all need to update your files.

Clearly your "Expected Mafia Behavior" sections are all wrong in my file...

OooooOOoooOOoooOo

• Options
    The timing and placement of the vote on the wagon. The fact the wagon was started by Obi, who was suspect at the time. The fact that many votes stacked up on a single person at the time of the day no matter who the target was was suspicious. The fact he fumbled when discussing when he made said vote. Outside of that, the rest of his vote record looks OK.

I'd like to see how voting for Obi lines up with the rest of the players voting records to see if they have a history of following the wagon this game of if that was their first. Also, how many people didn't vote Obi other than myself and their reasons?

Had Obi died mafia you might have point. But he didn't and yet you're still carrying on like the fact that he was suspicious at the time makes him less credible now. Also a whole pile of votes stacking up on someone isn't particularly suspicious. Its phalla.

• Options
    Maybe we should all just hug, make out up, and vote for TRV? His suspicious role seer turned out vanillager. Does that seem odd to only me?

TRV seemed to be acting under honest information. TNB appeared to be compulsively lying for a reason I can't understand.

• Options

Had Obi died mafia you might have point. But he didn't and yet you're still carrying on like the fact that he was suspicious at the time makes him less credible now. Also a whole pile of votes stacking up on someone isn't particularly suspicious. Its phalla.

The fact he was considered suspicious at the time leads me to question the votes that followed him at the time. We get to consider that situation alongside what Obi's death reveal means and work from there.

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    Please enlighten me then, because I'm not seeing any relevent insight from Obi's death that's helping me find any other mafias.

• Options

TRV seemed to be acting under honest information. TNB appeared to be compulsively lying for a reason I can't understand.

I assume that whole situation has been resolved though? TNB may have seemed to be compulsively lying but then died village. I'm hoping TRV was cleared before/after that for sure, otherwise that leaves him on the table and I've been counting him out. :(

Time to go back over the thread while waiting for next dungeon group! :D

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    Stealing the truncated list from Ahava:

5. MrTLicious
    6. lonelyahava
    7. Kilnaga
    8. Cayrus
    9. Cythraul
    11. premium
    14. Anialos
    15. Phyphor
    16. KetBra
    17. romanqwerty
    20. TheRoadVirus
    28. The Dagon
    29. shalmelo

Wow, yesterday's votes weren't that far apart. People who voted for Obi: MrT, Cayrus, premium, TRV. That seems to be it. Obi himself voted for MrT with this reasoning. Cayrus' vote on Obi was just the vote with absolutely nothing else. Premium's came in right before the close.

Dagon had multiple votes on him and is seriously below the posting threshold but is somehow still in the game.

Then a handful of people (myself including) placed votes on other various targets, with reasons ranging from actual reasons to because that's what stever would do.

MrT and Cayrus seem to stick out the most of the few people who voted Obi out.

- Terence McKenna
  • Options

I assume that whole situation has been resolved though? TNB may have seemed to be compulsively lying but then died village. I'm hoping TRV was cleared before/after that for sure, otherwise that leaves him on the table and I've been counting him out. :(

Time to go back over the thread while waiting for next dungeon group! :D

TRV isnt necessarily cleared (number of cleared players is growing though), but theres no reason to suspect him over anyone else.

• Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Anialos too keep it interesting while I go back over day 1

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Very rarely does anyone let me into the network :(

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Too busy at work today to dig too deeply into what went down over the weekend, unfortunately. So for now I'm just gonna say that it's a little strange to see phyphor still standing this late in a game, no?

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    Maybe people aren't being butts anymore and voting him out for having a cool website?

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Maybe people aren't being butts anymore and voting him out for having a cool website?

Remember, these are phalla players you're talking about.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    shalmelo wrote: »

Remember, these are phalla players you're talking about.

So, mafia then?

• Options
    CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    Sorry I've been so worthless this game, I've been busy at school and work. (I say this every game.)

Anyway, I still don't like the vibe I get from TRV.

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
  • Options
    After sleeping on it a bit I think I will be going with Cayrus.

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    I can vibrate at a different frequency. You have only but to ask.

• Options
    CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    Can you vibrate at a non-mafia frequency?

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
  • Options
    Cayrus wrote: »
    Can you vibrate at a non-mafia frequency?

Error: target frequency and current frequency are the same. Unable to adjust settings.

• Options
    TRV's normal operational frequency exists solely in the Twilight Zone.

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    TRV's normal operational frequency exists solely in the Twilight Zone.

Download operators manual?
    Language options:
    -ancient Sumerian
    -thousand screams of the damned
    -ferretese

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Goin for the anialos vote.

For the amount of suspicion that was directed towards him, and the vote time shenanigans, I'm a bit surprised he's still alive.

KGMvDLc.jpg?1