As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[EAST] Challenge Coin - No more coins!

• Options
    RaughnRaughn Registered User regular
    Order is in. Thanks for putting this together, Koala, and thanks to everyone who helped shape the design. It turned out really well, I think.

• Options
    Baka AlBaka Al Registered User regular
    Order is in. Thanks for work putting this together, looks great this year

• Options
    KyussKyuss Registered User regular
    Order is in. Thanks and good job!

• Options
    laivindillaivindil Registered User regular
    Ordered! Coin looks great. Thanks for doing this!

PAX East 2012 Attendee. Also going to East 13.
  • Options
    itzerokewlitzerokewl Registered User regular
    Just put my order in! Thanks so much for putting this together!

signature.png
  • Options
    Hyperion098Hyperion098 Registered User regular
    gerafin wrote: »
    are we almost to the shut up and take my money phase! I want to throw my money at this asap =D coin looks amazing just make sure you make mine with extra luck cause im going to go around swareing its my lucky coin =D
    Extra luck is a $30 surcharge.

Lol Ill make sure to add that on my comment I just put my order in i really cant wait =D thanks for all the hard work organizing this

• Options
    wolfsblood101wolfsblood101 Registered User regular
    put my order in yesterday, first coin I'm getting thanks for all the hard work people put into this =D

Hotel [X] Travel [X] 3 Days of badges[X] Crew[X] ITS ON!
  • Options
    VertigoVertigo Registered User regular
    Just put in my order. So Excited!!!

• Options
    KoalaBro2KoalaBro2 Registered User regular
    Alright, I talked with Eric at Phoenix, and to be safe (i.e., to make sure all the coins get to me, and then I have time to ship them out so that you all get them before PAX), I'm going to close the order form on February 1st! So get your orders in before then. All orders after February 1st will go on the waiting list.

• Options
    Lady AmaltheaLady Amalthea Registered User regular
    Order is in!

Who is going to PAX South?
  • Options
    flatlineflatline Registered User regular
    Order in, order in, dooo doo doo my order is in.

East 2014 Status: Badge [ Friend got it ] Hotel [Crappy] BYOC [YES] Transport [ ] Name on Forum Badge [ ] Challenge Coin [ ]
  • Options
    slamonellaslamonella Clue-by-Four Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Order in. Thanks for all the effort KB2!

Some people are like Slinkies. They have no practical use whatsoever,
    but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
  • Options
    The_MadHatter_The_MadHatter_ Registered User regular
    Just put my order in too, very nice work! Looks great!

PSN ID, Steam: The_MadHatter_
  • Options
    kemikalkemikal Registered User regular
    The coins look pretty freaking awesome! :D

Assassin's Ball, Prime '13: @CowboyVerse
    TWDT '13: Hufflepuff OotP
  • Options
    vttymvttym Ardent Gamer Northern NJRegistered User regular
    Order is in. Got one for each of the people coming with me (who don't do the forums). Love how they came out. Thanks for making this happen.

• Options
    tortured3tortured3 Registered User regular
    Ordered a few days ago :)

grym & kvlt
  • Options
    TopherRocksTopherRocks Rockstar Beard Grower Kent, OH or Long Island, NYRegistered User regular
    Just placed mine. Thank you so much for setting this all up. They look fantastic.

• Options
    Mrtheplague92Mrtheplague92 24 year old Pax'er from PA Bethlehem PARegistered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Reserved my coin! Anyone have any extra coins from PAX East 2012?? I missed out last year :/.

zerzhul on
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    There will be a swag trading thread after pax, you could try to trade some pax swag for one there. Except for one time group buys of items like this, we do not allow buy/sell on the forums.

• Options
    TrandescentTrandescent Registered User regular
    Wow, the coin looks beautiful this year guys, great work! Reserved my coin.

8elUgf9.png

PAX East 2018 4-Day Pass [X] BYOC Pass [X] Hotel Reservation [X]

See y'all at PAX East 2018!
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    So, Phoenix has actually indicated to me that they can re-mint last year's PAX East coin (2012) as well as this year's Prime coin (also 2012). However, unless we have about 100 orders, it's probably not worth doing. If you're interested, submit an order with "PAX East 2012" or "PAX Prime 2012" in the comment field, and if we get anywhere near 100, I'll let you know. As the die has been paid for, the cost would be cheap (under $5, plus shipping).

Edit: Obviously, Zerzhul/other mods, if you think re-minting past coins at cost runs afoul of the spirit of any rules, let me know and I'll declare that off limits.

KoalaBro2 on
  • Options
    ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular
    Just got back into the forums after getting married and traveling and am so excited to see the coin! Awesome job coordinating this @KoalaBro2 !! Getting my buddies vote then putting in my order. Can't wait to get this in my hands :D

Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
  • Options
    JimmyWildJimmyWild Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    Order in! Thanks, can't wait! :)

• Options
    lauren42lauren42 Boston, MARegistered User regular
    I just ordered my coins! They look AMAZING :) KoalaBro2, just saw your comment on re-minting Pax East 2012 coins. If the mods allow it and this becomes a reality, let me know. I'm interested, but I've already submitted the form so I missed putting this in the comment field. Would get 2-3 of the 2012 coins.

• Options
    yeah, my silence was meant to be interpreted as "there's no issue re-minting". It's not like I can actually disallow people from doing another minting of the coin :P, we just don't want the forums to become a marketplace for pax goods ;) Hence my "nay nay" on a bunch of posts saying "hey do you have this thing I can buy from this previous pax?" I would say a re-mint falls under the same exception as the coin thread in general, which is "a group project undertaken by the members of the forum not for profit and that benefits the members with a cool thing". It just happens to cost money to produce the coins. That's not quite the same as "can I buy this thing from you". If that makes sense.

• Options
    My "non-moderation-influenced" opinion is that personally I like that the coins are "limited edition" for the people that were participating in the forums at the time of their minting. Re-minting sort of detracts from that a bit, but I certainly wouldn't let my personal opinion on that matter stand in the way.

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Go ahead and submit any requests for older coins as a SEPARATE form entry. That'll help keep things straight anyway.

I sympathize with the notion of a limited edition, but the fact of the matter is that Phoenix owns the copyright to this stuff, not us (as they are the ones who take our reference art and turn it into a die), and their policy is that they'll remint for anyone who submits orders. So while we could make it harder to reorder (by declining to help people co-ordinate a group purchase), we can't actually prevent it. So my feeling is that it's just kind of petty to try to make it harder on someone to reorder, especially since we had problems last year with limited quantities and short ordering deadlines.

KoalaBro2 on
  • Options
    Interesting, I was under the impression that the die cost for production included some sort of limited license for re-minting thereafter. It makes sense that they would own the copyright on the art that they produce, but I figured if someone wanted a new run that wasn't associated with the people that paid for the die cost, that they would have to foot the bill for yet another die to be created with the same artwork.

• Options
    joe9624joe9624 Boston, MARegistered User new member
    Ordered the coin! :)

MrTechnologyNerd
    The Latest in Technology and Video Games
    www.mrtechnologynerd.com
  • Options
    AboutLastNightAboutLastNight Whitney Registered User regular
    Just ordered four, two from this year and two from last year. Thanks!

• Options
    ironysparklesironysparkles Lowell, MARegistered User regular
    Placed my order! The coins look awesome.

UyhWici.png
  • Options
    Ordered for the team :D can't wait to get these guys!

• Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Just submitted one for a 2012 East Coin! I'm stoked as fuck, since I thought I'd never get one.

Just to be sure, there have only been coins for 2011, 2012, 2013 now for East right?

• Options
    Yes, the first coin was prime 2010, which would have been after the inaugural east.

• Options
    CheddaIceCheddaIce Registered User regular
    Order in?... Check.
    Thank KoalaBro2 and everyone else for all the hard work?... Check.
    Thanks everyone!

• Options
    sirmrejsirmrej Seattle areaRegistered User regular
    Ordered 2 for East 2013 and 2 for East 2012. Crossing my fingers that the 2012 ones get remade! Thank you @KoalaBro2!!

• Options
    QuantumShaddowQuantumShaddow Registered User regular
    I'm not a newbie to PAX (this is my third year going), but I don't know anything about the Challenge Coins, so pardon my potentially dumb question. Are they swag or are they used for something?

3DS FC: 4441-8382-3645
    Switch: SW-7634-0399-6788

QGqFhNv.png
  • Options
    They're just a collectible thing for us to have, as members of this fourm/pax community.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Challenge_coin

• Options
    edited January 2013
    @Koalabro2 - sent you a PM a bit ago but not sure if you're checking mail
    I need to add an extra coin to my order and am waiting to hear if I should submit an additional order or if you can amend mine to a total of 6 instead of 5. Thanks :)

ishtra on
  • Options
    xenardxenard Registered User regular
    Looks awesome! My order is in

steam_sig.png
    3DS Friend Code: 2449-5711-0640
This discussion has been closed.