As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MOTW 09/26/2012 - Yeah, I thought you might say that.

UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
edited September 2012 in Graphic Violence
Wolverine and The X-Men #17 this issue <3
Doop swings a vote that was against the JGL.
9D6Rz.jpg

Fights a robo army with Howard!
j1WMB.jpg

Deals with an internet troll!
RKmPZ.jpg

Ultimate Comics The Ultimates #16 President America deals with Flumm.
N2Y52.jpg

O7UVG.jpg

jMAFQ.jpg

FF #22 Bentley has a chat with dad.
9sLjn.jpg

HzfLv.jpg

I4040.jpg

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
UltimateInferno on

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    I loved FF so much, the artist Andre Araujo I've never heard of until this issue, but he does a good job, especially with this part of the story:
    ff22d.jpg

Happy #1, Morrison and Robertson splice a little bit of imagination into a standard crime story. It's worth a look, honest, Morrison isn't trying to be awe inspiring with his dialogue or revelations like he's done in Return of Bruce Wayne or Batman Inc, it's very grounded and works well:

happy1b.jpg

happy1c.jpg

happy1d.jpg

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    well

mtmte 9 and the rid annual were both fantastic

huge fucking downer ending for mtmte, though

i'll try to get some scans up

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Pics later, but Xtreme X-Men 4 continues to put a grin on my face. Greg Pak gave us wild west x-men this go around, something I didn't even know I wanted but now I want more.
    Card Cheat Xavier and Sheriff Cyclops and angry (okay, not much of a stretch there) Sabretooth have words
    AHDkF.jpg

And Dazzler continues to wear alternate-universe-also-revealing-cosplayish-garb while simultaneously doing cool things with her powers. She's really getting into this world-hopping escapade.
    "blending in" with low riding pants and a top hat, "six shooting" at the bad guys with her fingers
    965le.jpg

I'm going to be so bummed when this book gets cancelled but i am enjoying the hell out of it until then.

Elderlycrawfish on
  • Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    I haven't been following Ultimates.

Are we supposed to know who the traitor is?

Also, not really digging the FF art. It seems, a little bit too cartoony for me.

• Options
    edited September 2012
    noir_blood wrote: »

Also, not really digging the FF art. It seems, a little bit too cartoony for me.

He was the person the government had take over shield/replace fury when they started their Winter Protocols back in issue 7. His name was Flumm, and he had mad hate for Fury.

UltimateInferno on

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • Options
    More Than Meets the Eye #9
    too many awesome things to show off, here's one sequence
    tumblr_maywfbYovj1qbgas1o1_500.png
    tumblr_maywfbYovj1qbgas1o2_r1_500.png
    tumblr_maywfbYovj1qbgas1o3_500.png
    tumblr_maywfbYovj1qbgas1o4_500.png
    tumblr_maywfbYovj1qbgas1o5_500.png
    tumblr_maywfbYovj1qbgas1o6_500.png
    tumblr_maywfbYovj1qbgas1o7_500.png
    tumblr_maywfbYovj1qbgas1o8_500.png
    tumblr_maywfbYovj1qbgas1o9_500.png

• Options
    TairuTairu Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Happy #1 made me laugh out loud on the bus on this page
    Happy-Zone-016.jpg

Talon #0, Talon is a regular Mister Miracle
    Talon-Zone-010.jpg

Tairu on
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    Incredible Hulk #14 reveals the new Banner/Hulk relationship, and it looks like this.
    1348694774637.jpg

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    noir_blood wrote: »

Yeah Flumm's been around.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Robots in Disguise Annual 2012
    Starscream recites some of Sky-Byte's poetry and is revealed a shocking truth about the fate of the Cybertronian race
    tumblr_mawvxqE5iK1r2yzfso1_500.png
    tumblr_mazcu1vtRt1r4q5pio1_500.jpg
    aaaaaaaaaaaaand just like the last issue, it features retro flashbacks, this time less New Gods and more Marvel Transformers #1
    Qh2vU.jpg

Antimatter on
  • Options
    SagrothSagroth Registered User regular
    WatXM was so very, very good this week.

3DS Code: 5155-3087-0800
  • Options
    The Flash #0 Barry designs his costume. With it being a zero issue, not a whole lot of surprising moments, but love Manupal's panel use.
    GJ06N.jpg

Batman Inc #0 A lot of the focus seemed to be on the Dark Ranger, so expect to see something big with him later I guess. This issue would be great for someone who had not read The Black Glove and was wondering who all these Batman Inc Agents were. Love this page with the way Irving draws Nightrunner moving through it.
    tnIfS.jpg

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    This entire issue of Wolverine and the X-Men was fantastic. I never knew a whole lot about Doop, and now I know: he is the best

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Amazing Spider-Man #694.
    Alpha no more, that made my week.

Good riddance. It's not often I want a character sent out to pasture and gone after only three issues but this was one of those rare moments.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    That Transformers flashback is crazy awesome.

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Amazing Spider-Man #694.

Good riddance. It's not often I want a character sent out to pasture and gone after only three issues but this was one of those rare moments.

I'm a few issues behind. WHat happened?

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Amazing Spider-Man #694.

I'm a few issues behind. WHat happened?

He got McGuffined.
    Random bad guy shows up who can redirect Alpha's energy. Spidey makes a machine out of that tech that takes most of Alpha's power away. They do say that he still has very weak powers that will regenerate over time however.

• Options
    edited September 2012
    That Transformers flashback is crazy awesome.
    John Barber was specifically imitating the writing of Ralph Macchio, the Marvel Editor and writer who wrote the first issue of The Transformers in the 80s. Barber actually wore out his copy of the issue when he was a kid from reading it so much, and he eventually got to work with Macchio during his time at Marvel. Meanwhile, Guido Guidi imitated Frank Springer for his multiple flashback pages, and had a devil of a time trying to redesign those five characters in that panel, each of whom had character models designed by different people at different times. they both nailed what they were going for, I think.

Antimatter on
  • Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    snagged a copy of Avengers over at Walmart, since they were packaging a TPB of Avengers Season One with it.

Pretty good book. Nice little intro to the series for those unfamiliar with it.