As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX Fitness Group 2.0

• ScunosiScunosi WashingtonRegistered User regular
    I actually downloaded My Fitness Pal some time ago but never got into using it as from what I could tell it wanted me to input the calories for a lot of the foods I was eating, and I just couldn't figure out those amounts on the fly. Is there something I'm missing there or am I really going to have to start keeping a food diary and just input everything later in the day?

• ChorazinChorazin Lancaster, PARegistered User regular
    Scunosi wrote: »
    I actually downloaded My Fitness Pal some time ago but never got into using it as from what I could tell it wanted me to input the calories for a lot of the foods I was eating, and I just couldn't figure out those amounts on the fly. Is there something I'm missing there or am I really going to have to start keeping a food diary and just input everything later in the day?

The app allows you to search for what you're going to be eating, and once it finds it it'll give you all the nutrition info for a serving. Then you input how many servings you will had.

Meal planning is key to keeping yourself under your caloric goal, make meals ahead of time or know what you'll be eating if going out (research menus) and plan the rest of your day accordingly. :)

Twitter//@chorazin
    Google+//http://gplus.to/chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    3DS Friend Code: 3823 8527 9997
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
    Started back on YAYOG last night after taking a short deload since last Tuesday to rest before and after the GORUCK Nasty. Looked down at my legs between sets of rows and damn, they're bruised up and down from the event! Yellow bruises almost covering the fronts of my lower legs. Kinda made me feel like even more of a boss! :-D

Twitter//@chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
    Soooo....this thing on? I can't be the only one still working hard! Updates people!

I'll switched from Weight Watchers to IIFYM just this past weekend, WW just isn't meant for people working out 5 days a week like I do. IIFYM definitely is hitting the spot, even if I am still mainly eating the same stuff I ate on WW, lol. Just a bit more of it!

I'm still running (just beat my 5k record again on Saturday), and doing YAYOG plus I've started yoga in the mornings before work!

Twitter//@chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • vttymvttym Ardent Gamer Northern NJRegistered User regular
    You're not.. I just have nothing to report. Still float between 220 and 225, still run every morning, still eat kinda whatever, so I'm not moving one way or the other.

No news is good news? :)

vttym wrote: »
    You're not.. I just have nothing to report. Still float between 220 and 225, still run every morning, still eat kinda whatever, so I'm not moving one way or the other.

No news is good news? :)

Awesome, glad you're keeping up on the running. I'm trying to run at least two 5ks a week, but sometimes I got a little too HAM on legs day and can't run for crap afterwards, lol.

Sounds like you gotta get that diet locked down if you wanna start losing again and just not maintain. :)

Twitter//@chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • MogsMogs Registered User regular
    Okay, so updates. I started 5/3/1 and am just over halfway through my first month of that. My weight is down around 160 thanks to doing a whole30 before and after PAX. I had some wacky, not very fun life stuff that got in the way of my lifting and fitness goals over the summer, but I'm back on track now, and it's nice to be seeing some heavier numbers at the gym again.

• ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular
    Back on track after getting a new job, going crazy over the summer, finally taking a vacation, and settling back in.
    Trying to run 3-5 days a week and if I don't run, I'm hitting some P90X.
    Have been doing poorly with snacks while I've been transitioning for work, but getting close to having a set schedule and getting my life back :D

Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
    Down 1.8 lbs this week, my first big loss in quite a while. Looks like IIFYM was the change my body needed to start letting go of more fat! This brings me down to having lost over 145 pounds. :-D

Twitter//@chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
    I will say, I'm excited about the fitness stuff that the Xbox One will have. Granted, I'm not much of a "fitness at home" guy - I prefer going to a gym, but if this can help fill some of the fitness gaps I have, I'm all for it.

@Chorazin - I know, I know. I'm the first to preach diet, and here I am not following my own advice. But hey, I got an IHOP coupon for a free breakfast.. so.. yeah...

• Dgeorge318Dgeorge318 Registered User regular
    I don't post here ever, but...

I ran my first half marathon on Sunday. Time of 2:09:50 officially. Now back to my regularly scheduled weight training program. I'll circle back to running after I'm done with school.

Dgeorge318 wrote: »

I ran my first half marathon on Sunday. Time of 2:09:50 officially. Now back to my regularly scheduled weight training program. I'll circle back to running after I'm done with school.

That's awesome man! I can still barely run a 5k without wanting to die afterwards, a half marathon still seems like an impossible task. Keep us updated!

Twitter//@chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • ShrefShref Registered User regular
    Dgeorge318 wrote: »

congrats! i'm in the process of training for a half, hopefully to do it next year sometime. i don't expect a respectable time. i just want to finish. and get to where i can eventually do a full.

After cutting back on snacks and running more, I'm down 2.4 lbs :D still a ways to go to make up for months of laziness, but that's my baby step

I have a 5K Zombie Run Obstacle Course on Saturday, I'm pretty excited! Should be a messy and fun time. :)

Twitter//@chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • ShrefShref Registered User regular
    ishtra wrote: »
    After cutting back on snacks and running more, I'm down 2.4 lbs :D still a ways to go to make up for months of laziness, but that's my baby step
    ANY start is a great start. and ANY loss is a great loss! don't let anyone tell you otherwise. congrats and keep it up!!!

• gamerrrgrrrlgamerrrgrrrl WA StateRegistered User new member
    Checking in! Started working hard for Prime 2013, and will hopefully finish this journey before East 2014.

Start: 226lbs
    Currently: 184lbs
    Goal for PAX East: 135

Good luck, everyone!

First PAX: 2013 PAX Prime
    PAX East 2014: 3-Day Pass [ X ] | Hotel Room [ X ] | Transportation [ ] | Time Off [ X ] | Costume [\] (in progress)
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Someone needs to kick my ass. Maybe after tonight I will get things going again for East since I am on an East high today.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
    Now that I'm no longer watching the forums/Pax page like a hawk, I can hopefully get back to more exercising and sleep :D

edited October 2013
    Blerg, won't be joining you all at East this year. Not getting a three day pass plus having to pay for a full hotel by myself since none of my IRL friends are going this year killed it for me. Maybe next year....

Instead, I'm gonna do Tough Mudder Poconos on April 20th! :-D

Chorazin on
    Twitter//@chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
    I think I am making East 2014 my end date of getting things done (weight wise and other things).

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Lnrt87Lnrt87 KansasRegistered User regular
    East will be my first PAX and I think this thread is just the type of thing I needed to motivate myself to lose some pounds. I'm right around 225 and would like to get down to about 200. Just recently started playing basketball again and definitely need to work on my diet. Wish me luck!

edited October 2013
    Woo, down another 1.2 this week! Switching to IIFYM was the best choice I could have made. I'm loving food again!
    Lnrt87 wrote: »
    East will be my first PAX and I think this thread is just the type of thing I needed to motivate myself to lose some pounds. I'm right around 225 and would like to get down to about 200. Just recently started playing basketball again and definitely need to work on my diet. Wish me luck!

Good luck! 90% of weight loss is done in the kitchen, get your diet right and you'll see the pounds come off. :)

Chorazin on
    Twitter//@chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • LevelUpLadyLevelUpLady Registered User regular
    Excited I found this post! I just started kickboxing about three months ago and have already lost 15lbs.
    I know anyone of any size can cosplay but for my personal self I decided to make it a goal to get in shape before I can cosplay a certain character. I made it a game since every 5lbs I can buy a single piece towards it :) So far it's worked out!

I also use myfitnesspal and have loved it. Its great that it's not a single diet fad but just a way to watch my calories which has made me realize how much all that coffee adds up lol

I will say this - Xbox One Fitness app is excellent. I am loving all the challenges, feedback, and variety on there. If you have Xbox Live, buddy me up (gamertag vttym).

• Dgeorge318Dgeorge318 Registered User regular
    I added you vttym, my gamertag is Dgeorge318 (Surprising, I know)

At my lowest I was 183. I've spent the last few months "bulking", I'm up to 194 area. I plan on starting another cut phase in January and get below 180. I've enjoyed pushing heavy weights around for a while, but I'm positive this is going to require some HIIT stuff to nail this goal down. Nothing to worry about, I'm looking forward to using the Xbox One fitness stuff as well as my gym training.

I know the diet stuff is going to be painful coming from eating a bit more than normal to cutting back to below normal. Not looking forward to the hunger pangs again. Figured I'd post here to bump this thread a bit and keep everybody honest. 4 months to PAX East and some R&R with friends.

Anyone try out P90X3? I am probably gonna grab that and go to town. While the original (the one I have) was great, seeing the timer start at like 40-50 minutes made me just not want to do it. 30 minutes? Shit will be over in no time.

I didn't officially do P90X the right way (picking certain DVDs, doing them once in awhile). I think with this one I am going to be hardcore about it. 2012 I lost 55lbs. 2013 I gained 10lbs. Now to finish this in 2014. I have to start turning things around.

bYf6vNQ.png
    P90X3 ordered. Let's do this shit.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • SwaeSwae Registered User regular
    Well, I finally did it - I joined a gym today for the first time in 15 years. I have ZERO idea what to actually do when I go other than walk on a treadmill or something, but it's a step in the right direction. I also joined emeals to help with meal planning and grocery shopping.

Starting weight (2014): 153
    Goal by PAX East: 140

Yeaaa. Guess I should set a PAX goal. Hmmm. To be continued.

bYf6vNQ.png
    edited January 2014
    Well, stepping on the scale after the holidays, I am glad I decided to recommit to my fitness.. I've managed to work back up to 235. Still not the 250 I was before getting into my health kick 2 years ago, but much higher than I would like to see.

I've already been kicking butt at the gym the last two days, and there's a fitness competition going on at work that will help keep me focused.

My goal by PAX will be 215. I won't be denied. 20 lbs in 3 months.

Let's do this.

vttym on
  • vgcvgc United StatesRegistered User regular
    Hey Everyone! I decided to come back to the PAX forums. PAX East is just a few months away and it looks like I'm gonna try to make it this year. Hope the holidays haven't hit you too hard!

Glad to see people still kicking ass up in here!

Twitter//@chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
    I think I'm slowly getting on a roll finally. Not surprising since I've stopped being lazy and started eating correctly again. Started this year at 216.6 (ugh). Went to 213 to 211.8 (today). On day 3 of P90x3. I need to figure out goals for this year.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Yeah, I've been hitting the gym with my old passion for the past 2 weeks now - slowly getting myself back up to where I was, though my ankles and knees are barking at me. Doing a little bit of lifting as well, and I'm grudgingly getting back into the better eating portion (Which honestly is the biggest part) -- nothing beyond counting calories, and I know it works, just need to get back into it and stop pretending that eating chips isn't a big deal.

Let's do this!

• msuroomsuroo Registered User regular
    Hi fitnessy folks!

Attending my first PAX at East 2014 - very much looking forward to it. I took a big interest in fitness and nutrition in 2011 and 2012, but that tailed off last year with the birth of our second child. My big interests are running and olympic weightlifting, and I've finally started getting back under the bar over the last few weeks. Nothing really heavy yet, just getting comfortable moving and trying to rebuild some squat strength. Once the weather picks up I'll try to work some miles into my routine as well.
    vttym wrote: »
    slowly getting myself back up to where I was, though my ankles and knees are barking at me.

This was a big thing I noticed. Like, I know that I have a wonky left ankle and right knee (and was very much reminded of that fact getting under the bar for the first time in months). I really need to keep it up so I don't have issues doing everyday stuff later on in life.

Welcome to the group. Get to it!

@vttym, yea, eating is the biggest part. I know I ate like crap. That is why I wound up 10lbs up from the start of 2013. Now that I am back to using the WW app, I am good to go. Hockey twice a week and P90X3 in-between, I should be set to hit some goals and finally stay under 200lbs. My current thrown together goals are:

1- Weigh less than my friend's pregnant wife (It is a joke that I can hold over her for whatever little time until after she delivers in early February) (Shooting for 205lbs)
    2- PAX East 2014 (From the last goal, it gives maybe 2 months? Pax is April, right? I guess I could shoot for 195lbs.)
    3- Paramore meet & greet/concert (No point to this really besides just a target for losing weight. July 19th or so. 3ish months since PAX East? I'd say 180lbs)
    4- Warrior Dash (Not 100% planned just yet, but another target date in August. So, a month from the last target. 175lbs? I'd also like to be able to climb the wall with rope this time. Only obstacle I didn't do in 2012)

So, lose 36.8lbs (give or take) by sometime in August? 6-7 months or so? Seems doable if I don't go off track.

1/1 - 216.6
    1/9 - 213.0 (-3.6)
    1/16 - 211.8 (-1.2)

bYf6vNQ.png
  • PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    Hey, what's up my fine fitness loving friends? I won't be joining you at PAX for the foreseeable future but I still want to check on these forums and see us hit our goals. Personally, I'm fighting off that holiday pudge, hoping to get down to 230 by the time PAXEast rolls around. And if I do, I'll be sure to tell you all.

I've kinda fallen off tracking with Fitocracy, and I'm not sure if I'll get back into it though I imagine I'll try.

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
    I had a poo poo day yesterday, but that was expected because a friend was visiting from Pittsburgh and we had a game night. Today makes up for it because I have barely eaten because I felt like death and I am playing ice hockey in like 3 hours. Win win! Ha.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Ana NgAna Ng Registered User regular
    Had a physical about a month ago, found out that I've lost 10lbs over the past 6 months after I started putting more effort into cooking healthy and cutting out crap food, and also starting a new job that has me much more active than before. I suspected I lost some weight because my clothes were fitting better, but it was nice to get the confirmation.

I was gifted some running shoes for xmas and now me and the hubs have been trying to get outside regularly to jog. It's hard on me still, I can't even run a full mile without stopping yet, but I'm feeling pretty positive :)