As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX Fitness Group 2.0

• MogsMogs Registered User regular
    Well, holiday weekend didn't destroy me nearly as much as I thought it would. Didn't really get to lift, though, as I was away from home.
    Goal: Get stronger (bench press, squat, deadlift going up). See if I can get down to 165 comfortably.

How do you plan on achieving this goal: Lifting heavy 3x/week, sprints/intervals 1x/week, yoga 3x/week, cycle commuting (12 miles/day, 5 days/week). Paleo, not going nuts with calories (2000-2500/day).

2/19: bw: 175, bench: 115, squat: 200, deadlift 235, waist: 28.5"
    2/26: bw: 175, bench: 125, squat: 200, deadlift: 240, waist: 28.5"
    3/5: bw: 179, bench: 125, squat: 205, deadlift: 245, waist: 28.5"
    3/12: bw: 176, bench: 125, squat: 210, deadlift: 250, waist: 28.5"
    3/19: bw: 176, bench: 125, squat: 210, deadlift: 250, waist: 28.5
    3/26 : bw: 176, bench: 130, squat: 215, deadlift: 255, waist: 28.5"
    4/2: bw: 176, bench: 130, squat: 215, deadlift: 260, waist: 28"
    4/9: bw: 173, bench: 130, squat: 220, deadlift: 260, waist: 28"
    4/16: bw: 170.5, bench: 130, squat: 220, deadlift: 260, waist: 27.75"
    4/23: Bleh, business trip (my weight got up to around 175 - yay water retention!)
    4/30: bw: 170.5, bench: 130, squat: 220, deadlift: 260, waist: 27.75"
    5/7: bw: 171.5, bench: 130, squat: 220, deadlift: 260, waist 27.75"
    5/14 : bw: 170.5, bench: 130, squat: 220, deadlift: 260, waist: 27.5"
    5/21: bw: 172, bench: 130, squat: 220, deadlift: 265, waist: 27.5"
    5/28: bw: 174, bench: 135, squat: 220, deadlift: 265, waist: 27.5"
    6/4: bw: 172, bench: 135, squat: 220, deadlift: 265, waist: 27.5"
    6/11: bw: 173.5, bench: 135, squat: 220, deadlift: 265, waist: 27.25"
    6/18: bw: 174, bench: 135, squat: 220, deadlift: 265, waist: 27.5"
    6/25: bw: 172.5, bench: 135, squat: 220, deadlift: 265, waist: 27.5"
    7/2 : bw: 168.5, bench: 135, squat: 220, deadlift: 265, waist: 27"
    7/9: bw: 168, bench: 135, squat: 220, deadlift: 265, waist: 27"
    7/16:
    7/23:
    7/30:
    8/6:
    8/13:
    8/20 :
    8/27: (Final Weigh-In/Progress Indicator)

• ChorazinChorazin Lancaster, PARegistered User regular
    Youre doing awesome @Mogs!

Twitter//@chorazin
    Google+//http://gplus.to/chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    3DS Friend Code: 3823 8527 9997
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
    That's the plan, anyways. I do want this heat to go away, though. Anything higher than 70 and I shut down, and exercising only makes me all wonky and dizzy. Going to take my daughter to the pool this afternoon, so that will at least be refreshing.

• vgcvgc United StatesRegistered User regular
    I'm guilty of not visiting this forum as much as I should. I forgot to weigh myself last week and it was the 4th of July weekend. I didn't go too crazy on food and I did go on a nice 7.5 mile hike last Friday which kicked my ass. Feels good though. I'm 3 for 3 so far in going to the gym this week. I'm hoping to make 5 (or even 6) times this week.

I'm thinking about hiring a nutritionist. I want to eat better, but I can't do it alone. I also want to get more toned. I met a fitness model (she was RIPPED!) the other day who swears by her nutritionist, so I might go check him out.
    Goal: 100lbs by PAX Prime as well as significant muscle tone

How do you plan on achieving this goal: Exercising at least 5 times a week. Protein shakes twice a day on the days I work out as well as dietary supplements. Lots of water. I'm going to try to lay off the junk food.

Additional goal: BW bench press. 2x back squat. 2x Deadlift. All by PAX. I still want to aim for a body weight of 100lbs, if only because I'll have to lift just a little bit less.

Week 1 - 2/5 : 105.0 - A bit surprised because I didn't eat so well this past weekend and it's the first week I've been feeling 100% since the surgery.
    Week 2 - 2/12: 104.0 - Woot!
    Week 3 - 2/19: 104.2 - Was sick for the past week and missed 3 workouts. This upcoming week isn't looking so good either with a convention coming up.
    Week 4 - 2/26: Missed this weigh-in. Was really sick. Cough cough cough.
    Week 5 - 3/5: Didn't have a weigh-in due to working out at a new location that didn't have a scale. Was also crazy busy this week and only worked out twice.
    Week 6 - 3/12: 105.0 Finally got a chance to weigh myself! Not too bad all things considered.
    Week 7 - 3/19: 106.2 I should really lay off the candy, chips, cookies, ice cream, and food in general.
    Week 8 - 3/26 : 108.0 Yikes! I'd like to say it's muscle and water weight.
    Week 9 - 4/2: 105.0 Hurray for crossfit!
    Week 10 - 4/9: 105.5 The scale only goes in increments of .5 pounds. Bleh.
    Week 11 - 4/16: 107.5 Muscle maybe?
    Week 12 - 4/23: BW-106.5, Bench Press-85, Back Squat-175, Deadlift-185. Lifting weights is hard.
    Week 13 - 4/30: BW-108.0, Bench Press-85, Back Squat-175, Deadlift-185
    Week 14 - 5/7: BW-108.0, Bench Press-85, Back Squat-175, Deadlift-185
    Week 15 - 5/14 : BW-108.0, Bench Press-85, Back Squat-175, Deadlift-185 I should try more weights
    Week 16 - 5/21: BW-108.0, Bench Press-85, Back Squat-175, Deadlift-185
    Week 17 - 5/28: BW-107.0, Bench Press-85, Back Squat-175, Deadlift-195 Deadlift went up. Woot.
    Week 18 - 6/4: BW-110.5, Bench Press-85, Back Squat-175, Deadlift-195 Weighed myself right after a shower
    Week 19 - 6/11: Didn't weigh. Was at E3. WOOT!!!
    Week 20 - 6/18: BW-108.0, Bench Press-92, Back Squat-175, Deadlift-195 Bench press went up. Woot! I'm on my way to a BW bench press by PAX!
    Week 21 - 6/25:BW-107.0, Bench Press-92, Back Squat-175, Deadlift-215 Deadlift went up. Woot! I'm on my way to a 2xBW deadlift by PAX!
    Week 22 - 7/2 :Didn't weigh. Forgot to do so and it was the 4th of July week.
    Week 23 - 7/9: BW-109.0, Bench Press-92, Back Squat-175, Deadlift-215-Body weight went up a bit. Nothing else seems have to changed much.
    Week 24 - 7/16:
    Week 25 - 7/23:
    Week 26 - 7/30:
    Week 27 - 8/6:
    Week 28 - 8/13:
    Week 29 - 8/20 :
    Week 30 - 8/27: (Final Weigh-In/Progress Indicator)

• CaptaimManiCaptaimMani Olympia, WARegistered User regular
    A lot of things have happened in my life the past couple weeks, mostly bad things. I've been trying so hard not to stress eat, but I haven't really been winning. It's just really hard to be on top of everything right now. I'm slowly doing better, but only time will tell. Every day is a new chance, and today has been stellar. Did a lot of cleaning (finally) and my food intake has been awesome. Nothing bad and not over my calorie limit.

• DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    Chorazin wrote: »
    Haha, don't be intimidated! Trust me, every single one of us started where you are. Two years ago I was at a hefty 325 and now I'm down to 185 and working on building muscle.
    Ok, Thank you for the warm invite. That always helps for things like this. Glad you have made progress. I think I'm around 240 right now. I don't have a scale though.
    That being said: get your diet locked down. You gotta eat right to get right. Download MyFitnessPal and start counting your calories. Eat more veggies, good complex carbs, and lean protein sources. Limit "empty" snacks and sweets with no nutirional value.
    I think I have an ok diet. I work graveyards, I don't think that helps. :) Lets see for breakfast I had chilli and cornbread. My fiance is a vegetarian, and I'm mostly one. We plan meals a week in advance and make 90% from scratch. Day before chili. Not that the beef was substituted to wheat meat. That is vital wheat glutton made into something that resembles a chicken nugget for protein source with no meat. I can get recipe if people are interested. Anyway, we eats lots of rice, beans, wheat meat, and do have vegetables in diet. We do add chips once in a while, but not on a regular basis. I have started eating sun flour seeds, but I crack them and just eat the middle. I need to find un salted probably.

Some other examples, spaghetti, and bread. I can't remember but 90% of time we have fresh salad from scratch with that meal. Hamburgers, but these are home made from scratch vegi burgers. I not sure what all is in them. Enchilada Casserole, this is basically a less sauce cheesy enchilada backed in a dish. Noodle casserole, just cooked noodles, peas, corn, broccoli (love raw broccoli) cooked with cream of celery and a few other sauce type things. We have burritos a lot which is vegetables, beans, rice in tortilla. All those meals are made from scratch and common for me. I'm also trying to eat less at meals.
    Exercise: You're broke, huh? AWESOME. Download the Your Are Your Own Gym app for your iPhone/Android phone for like $3. Don't have one? Buy the You Are Your Own Gym book from Amazon for $13. Get ripped in your own house with the stuff you have in a workout that builds FUNCTIONAL strength. I love this program and I really believe that bodyweight fitness is the way to go for most people.
    Wanna get fancy and run too? Get one of the dozens of C25K apps too and go to town.
    If you do both, I HIGHLY recommend you alternate days of doing the programs and give yourself 2 rest days a week. This means you'll generally do less of each program each week, but you'll be well rounded at a slower pace.
    Also, ask us questions, we're all here to help!
    I will look into that. I have an android. I think I put that calorie counter on there, but as I mentioned above making from scratch made me very aggravated very fast. I couldn't figure out how to put my recipes in there, and when I search for something like strawberry, it listed strawberry shake from McDonald's, ah no yuck!

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
    So I know I'm the "crazy Paleo lady", but that sounds like a LOT of carbs on a regular basis. If you guys eat them, I'd definitely work to include eggs, quality dairy, and fish (again, if you eat them). It's awesome that you work to make so many things yourself.

Working graveyards won't help at all. :( My husband used to work nights and his sleep was all sorts of screwed up (he'd switch back to days on his weekends every week). I don't know how your sleep hygiene is, but that would definitely be something to look at too.

As far as "getting fit", are your goals right now simply weight loss? I find it helps to have goals that are activity based (run x miles in x minutes, lift x weight x times, etc). They're certainly more fun to keep track of then just the number on the scale.

• PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    Heyo, just checking in and giving an update. I'm hovering around 240, which is pretty decent compared to two months ago but I still aim to bring it far, far lower. I've been drinking less alcohol which absolutely helps and I've been upping my veggie intake. Just started doing the 1/4 meat, 1/4 grain, 1/2 veggie plate set up.

I'm on like week 3 or 4 of C25K and doing really well and I've been noticing small gains in all of my lifts! Now just to get my tummy and loose skin into check.

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
  • DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Sorry for any confusion, this thread is not for me.

DyasAlure on
    My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
    I thought I was being helpful? I'm so confused...

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2013
    @DyasAlure Yeah I'm confused too. Looks like Mogs was just trying to answer your question about "how to get started" that you asked on the previous page. If there's something you don't understand, ask questions. This group isn't here to judge, it's here to encourage/help.

I'm pretty sure you 100% misunderstood Mogs... in a way that I'm not even sure how?

For this thread, I'm normally in the camp of: don't tell other people how to do their shit. However, you asked for help, and it was given. Mogs advice wasn't much different from Chorazin and somehow Mogs is telling you to get out???

zerzhul on
  • allseeingseerallseeingseer Registered User new member
    Hi all. Neat thread.

Normally PAX has always been vacation for me. Attending the Prime convention this year.

I'm not from Seattle, and was wondering if anyone here that lives there/knows the area has any recommendations for paths / routes / etc around the convention center-ish area? I need to (try) and run (maybe) some miles while I'm out there(possibly), as this is the one year it seems to conflict with my race schedule. Looking for a nice, maybe site-seeing route that would be fun to run in the morning hours.

Google maps shows there might be a waterfront trail? But it doesn't seem to go very far :/

• Travman93Travman93 Billings, MTRegistered User regular
    After being out with pneumonia for the past three weeks, I hit the gym for the first time in a while today. I'm sitting at 162, but would LOVE to drop down to 155 before PAX.

• SquirrelOnFireSquirrelOnFire Just this guy, you know? SeattleRegistered User regular
    @dyasalure

What @chorazin suggested is all great. I'm not sure what your goals are, but remember, weight loss happens in In the kitchen, strength happens at the gym.

edited July 2013
    Oh yeah, totally forgot to mention I'm down 1.8 this week, officially putting me over 140 pounds lost since end of May 2011. :-D
    @dyasalure

What @chorazin suggested is all great. I'm not sure what your goals are, but remember, weight loss happens in In the kitchen, strength happens at the gym.

Well...functional strength doesn't need to be done at the gym at all, which is the great thing about bodyweight fitness. The gym is awesome if you have specific goals or want to develop a specific physique, but building strength and muscle can be done in your house with what you have with only a very small time commitment. :)
    Mogs wrote: »
    I thought I was being helpful? I'm so confused...

You totally were being helpful. :)

Chorazin on
    Twitter//@chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
    I managed to go to the gym 5 days last week, which will hopefully make up for this week (I know it doesn't actually work like that). I'll be in San Diego this week for comic con and while I briefly thought about bring my jump rope and workout clothes, I decided not to because I'll be busy, with well, everything.

I ate a nice big salad yesterday. It filled me up, but got me craving sweets. Like, I wanted to leave work and buy candy and cupcakes before I went to the gym. I left work kinda late, so I ended up working out first and magically the craving went away. Made me happy :)

How do you plan on achieving this goal: Exercising at least 5 times a week. Protein shakes twice a day on the days I work out as well as dietary supplements. Lots of water. I'm going to try to lay off the junk food.

Additional goal: BW bench press. 2x back squat. 2x Deadlift. All by PAX. I still want to aim for a body weight of 100lbs, if only because I'll have to lift just a little bit less.

Week 1 - 2/5 : 105.0 - A bit surprised because I didn't eat so well this past weekend and it's the first week I've been feeling 100% since the surgery.
    Week 3 - 2/19: 104.2 - Was sick for the past week and missed 3 workouts. This upcoming week isn't looking so good either with a convention coming up.
    Week 5 - 3/5: Didn't have a weigh-in due to working out at a new location that didn't have a scale. Was also crazy busy this week and only worked out twice.
    Week 6 - 3/12: 105.0 Finally got a chance to weigh myself! Not too bad all things considered.
    Week 7 - 3/19: 106.2 I should really lay off the candy, chips, cookies, ice cream, and food in general.
    Week 12 - 4/23: BW-106.5, Bench Press-85, Back Squat-175, Deadlift-185. Lifting weights is hard.
    Week 15 - 5/14 : BW-108.0, Bench Press-85, Back Squat-175, Deadlift-185 I should try more weights
    Week 17 - 5/28: BW-107.0, Bench Press-85, Back Squat-175, Deadlift-195 Deadlift went up. Woot.
    Week 18 - 6/4: BW-110.5, Bench Press-85, Back Squat-175, Deadlift-195 Weighed myself right after a shower
    Week 20 - 6/18: BW-108.0, Bench Press-92, Back Squat-175, Deadlift-195 Bench press went up. Woot! I'm on my way to a BW bench press by PAX!
    Week 21 - 6/25:BW-107.0, Bench Press-92, Back Squat-175, Deadlift-215 Deadlift went up. Woot! I'm on my way to a 2xBW deadlift by PAX!
    Week 23 - 7/9: BW-109.0, Bench Press-92, Back Squat-175, Deadlift-215-Body weight went up a bit. Nothing else seems have to changed much.
    Week 24 - 7/16:BW-107.5, Bench Press-92, Back Squat-175, Deadlift-215-Nothing too exciting for the past week. Going to Comic Con this week.
    Week 25 - 7/23:
    Week 26 - 7/30:
    Week 27 - 8/6:
    Week 28 - 8/13:
    Week 29 - 8/20 :
    Hi all. Neat thread.

Normally PAX has always been vacation for me. Attending the Prime convention this year.

I'm not from Seattle, and was wondering if anyone here that lives there/knows the area has any recommendations for paths / routes / etc around the convention center-ish area? I need to (try) and run (maybe) some miles while I'm out there(possibly), as this is the one year it seems to conflict with my race schedule. Looking for a nice, maybe site-seeing route that would be fun to run in the morning hours.

Google maps shows there might be a waterfront trail? But it doesn't seem to go very far :/

Welcome to the group! I'm in the Seattle area (is anyone else?) and your best bet is probably running along the waterfront. Everything else is downtown and congested with pedestrians and traffic. How many miles are you looking to run? If you can make it to the Seattle Center/Space needle area, you can get a good run in that way. Feel free to message me if you have any questions!

• redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    I have been bad all year. Up 4lbs from the start of the year and have been hovering. Got into a nice little grove of not eating right and then my hockey seasons ended. :-X

I have been struggling to get back into my full routine of playing hockey and not eating badly.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
    redfield85 wrote: »
    I have been bad all year. Up 4lbs from the start of the year and have been hovering. Got into a nice little grove of not eating right and then my hockey seasons ended. :-X

I have been struggling to get back into my full routine of playing hockey and not eating badly.

Four pounds in 7 months is pretty awesome, sounds like youre doing great at maintining!

Twitter//@chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
    So this whole attempt at losing some weight is actually going really well, and I'm kinda surprised - I thought it would be harder. I'm not finding that I'm super hungry or feeling deprived as far as food goes. I haven't been cycling to work every day, mostly due to the heat, but hopefully that'll calm down and I can get back to it on a regular basis.
    Goal: Get stronger (bench press, squat, deadlift going up). See if I can get down to 165 comfortably.

How do you plan on achieving this goal: Lifting heavy 3x/week, sprints/intervals 1x/week, yoga 3x/week, cycle commuting (12 miles/day, 5 days/week). Paleo, not going nuts with calories (2000-2500/day).

4/23: Bleh, business trip (my weight got up to around 175 - yay water retention!)
    7/16: bw: 167, bench: 135, squat: 220, deadlift: 265, waist: 26.5"
    7/23:
    7/30:
    8/6:
    8/13:
    8/20 :

• allseeingseerallseeingseer Registered User new member
    Welcome to the group! I'm in the Seattle area (is anyone else?) and your best bet is probably running along the waterfront. Everything else is downtown and congested with pedestrians and traffic. How many miles are you looking to run? If you can make it to the Seattle Center/Space needle area, you can get a good run in that way. Feel free to message me if you have any questions!

Wellllllllllllllllllll my plan calls for 18 miles but it's vacation, so we'll see how that goes. Usually depends on the hangover. I just wasn't sure how far that waterfront trail lasted, it seemed to end going north after just 2 miles? I guess I shouldn't complain, Nebraska doesn't even have a coast.

Four pounds in 7 months is pretty awesome, sounds like youre doing great at maintining!

Yea, that is the one thing I am not down on. I haven't gone crazy gaining, just fluctuating week to week.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • vttymvttym Ardent Gamer Northern NJRegistered User regular
    I am gone for a month or so, and @Mogs is scaring away the newbs? :) Awesome progress btw, Mogs - I knew that weight would start dropping eventually!

We won't talk about my non-progress. I'm pretty much right at 220 still. You could call that maintaining if you want. I'm calling it lazy.

But.. talking about it won't change anything. I do hit the gym 4-5 times a week, but I'm walking on the treadmill. I should/could be running.

I'm very scary, just look at my fitocracy profile picture. My squats were so awesome last night. Gonna up the weight next week so my singles are at 225. Is it too soon to start talking about a meetup at PAX?

The East Coast is rediculously hot this week, but that didn't stop me from doing W7D2 of C25K last night, had to run 25 minutes straight and I did it like a boss! Even ran in only the underarmor shirt in my profile pic, i usually have a dry-fit running shirt over it!

Twitter//@chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    I'm within stabbing distance of my original goal for the year, having lost 36 of 42 lbs. I've been doing so well I moved the yearly goal up to PAX Prime. I ate anythign I wanted on vacations and got right back on the train afterwards. It all went great. But this is the first week I've behaved myself and weight has refused to leave me. I've been behaving super all week and my weight will not go down. I eat ~1500 calories and walk 2 miles a day at a good pace. Well, the last thing I need is punishment, so I guess I'll just keep on and see what happens.
    Date Average Goal Weight
    1/2/2013 211.0 211.0
    01/03/13 210.9 210.4
    02/01/13 209.4 205.0
    03/01/13 202.2 199.7
    04/01/13 194.5 193.8
    05/01/13 189.0 188.9
    06/01/13 184.4 185.9
    07/01/13 178.7 179.9
    07/19/13 174.7 176.4
    12/31/13 ??? 169.0

YoungFrey on
    Went up 1.5 pounds this week, but my Aria says I only gained .3 pounds in fat so I dunno what to think, I didn't expect to be gaining that much muscle in a week.... /shrug

I am rocking a medium polo to work today, first time I've warn a medium anything ever! lol

Twitter//@chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
    I'm back from San Diego with the dreaded con crud, (*cough cough*) so I haven't been working out. It's been over a week since I've exercised and I'm itching to do so. I'm curious what my weight it though. I spend 5 solid days eating sporadically and running around a lot.

Despite my indulgences over the weekend (Dr. Who themed drinks at The TARDIS Room :D), I'm still down this week. Go figure. Going to be going for 225 on my squats today. I've hit 225 before when I maxed, but never as part of my regular sets, so I'm excited.

7/16: bw: 167, bench: 135, squat: 220, deadlift: 265, waist: 26.5"
    7/23: bw: 165.5, bench: 135, squat: 220, deadlift: 265, waist: 26"
    7/30:
    8/6:
    8/13:
    8/20 :

I managed to drag my ass to the gym yesterday despite feeling like crap. I did surprisingly well (100/75/50/25 air squats and 3/5/8/10 modified muscle ups). I also lost a little bit of weight. Looks like the illness and the crap diet and the craziness of walking/running around everywhere took its toll.

I can't believe there's only 5 more weeks of weigh ins and progress indicators. I need to ramp it up to try to get the BW bench press and the 2xBW deadlift!

Week 24 - 7/15:BW-107.5, Bench Press-92, Back Squat-175, Deadlift-215-Nothing too exciting for the past week. Going to Comic Con this week.
    Week 25 - 7/24:BW-106.0, Bench Press-92, Back Squat-175, Deadlift-215-Was at Comic Con all last week and am sick this week.
    Week 26 - 7/30:
    Week 27 - 8/6:
    Week 28 - 8/13:
    Week 29 - 8/20 :

• Travman93Travman93 Billings, MTRegistered User regular
    Down 4 pounds in one week. Still can't kick this pneumonia, which has resulted in two separate hospital visits. Hopefully I can get well soon so I can hit the gym again!

I was just hit with rather crushing news, I won't be able to make it to East in 2014, here's hoping I can make Prime 2014 x.x

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
    I was just hit with rather crushing news, I won't be able to make it to East in 2014, here's hoping I can make Prime 2014 x.x

Wow, that's some crazy news to be effecting you that far in the future! :(

Twitter//@chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
    edited July 2013
    It's bitter sweet, I'll be doing a teaching practicum and we just received the year's calendar and alas, scheduling conflicts..

PayneTrayne on
    edited July 2013
    Did a 6 mile hike on Sunday with a buddy, wearing a 4lb pack loaded down with 3L of water and various odds and ends LIKE A BOSS. I seriously could have done another 4 or 5 miles. 6 months ago I highly doubt I could have done a two mile hike!

MAJESTIC. AS. FUCK.

C8ciT7Ul.jpg

mod edit: image too big, removed embed.

edit: fixed the image size! Sorry about that!

Chorazin on
    Twitter//@chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
    Extremely majestic. Ha.

I stayed the same this week, so not bad and not good. Average. I am going to do the P90X upper body/arms stuff tomorrow. Well, that is the plan.

I am still on and off with tracking things with Weight Watchers anymore. I be bad.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Extremely majestic. Ha.

I stayed the same this week, so not bad and not good. Average. I am going to do the P90X upper body/arms stuff tomorrow. Well, that is the plan.

I am still on and off with tracking things with Weight Watchers anymore. I be bad.

I've been within the same few pounds for two months now, ever since I started working out. At least my bodyfat number keeps dropping, so I guess it's all good!

Twitter//@chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
    This past week was nothing special.

Week 24 - 7/15:BW-107.5, Bench Press-92, Back Squat-175, Deadlift-215-Nothing too exciting for the past week. Going to Comic Con this week.
    Week 25 - 7/24:BW-106.0, Bench Press-92, Back Squat-175, Deadlift-215-Was at Comic Con all last week and am sick this week.
    Week 26 - 8/1:BW-107.0, Bench Press-92, Back Squat-175, Deadlift-215-Nothing special. Will probably try max BP, BS, and DL within the next week or two.
    Week 27 - 8/6:
    Week 28 - 8/13:
    Week 29 - 8/20 :

edited August 2013
    Gonna be running my first 5k even this weekend for Runfor1M.org, it's a virtual event that benefits the Green Beret Fund, so I can run anywhere. Even though I completed C25K I still haven't hit that magical 3.1 mile mark, so I'm gonna run this trail I walked before that's mostly flat. My normal running route is hilly as hell!

Chorazin on
    Twitter//@chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • SquirrelOnFireSquirrelOnFire Just this guy, you know? SeattleRegistered User regular
    Hot dang, y'all, I'm down an even 50 lb since April!

I changed my diet then to something close to the 4 Hour Body "slow carb" method (a low glycemic index diet which restricts caloric intake and supposedly keeps your insulin levels relatively even). About 6 weeks ago I started going back to the gym, focusing on strength. When I started, I did a body-fat test and was sitting around 25% (which was lower than I'd been in quite a while). Last night after finishing a workout that I really didn't want to start after a long week at the office, I tested 20.2%! Hot dang! That's the closest I've been to the "healthy" range in about a decade!

I know I'm not posting here as often as I was last year, but milestones/deadlines like PAX help me stay focused on my fitness goals, not that anyone here would accept me any less in my current body-state, but just knowing there's a deadline and a group of people who are also working to be fit helps -- I hope you know what I mean.

This is all to say: I was obese for most of the last ten years, and I'm not anymore. If I can do it, you can do it, because I am one lazy bastard with a lot of psychological inertia thinking of myself as fat.

There's still a few more weeks where you can focus on being healthy before PAX - let's finish strong together!

(And yes, I realize how cheesy this is. Doesn't matter, lost weight!)

"If I can do it, you can do it...."

I think everyone in this thread has probably said that at one point or another. I know I have.

We are nothing but champions in here. Might take longer for some, but we get things done in the end.

I stayed at exactly the same weight this week as last week, so nothing to report here. I did do P90X...I think it was the tri/chest/shoulder(?) DVD. Push-ups can go to hell. I skipped most of those after the first one or two sets because I wanted to at least do the weight stuff. I would've ended super early if I didn't skip on push-ups. They defeat me at the moment.

bYf6vNQ.png