As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Registration Issue

jschneiblejschneible Registered User new member
edited April 2007 in PAX Archive
I was trying to register for PAX, and I noticed that the badges get shipped out the second week in August. As it turns out I will already be out in Seattle by then and don't know what my address will be (I'm there for a graduate summer school). Any ideas on what I should do?

Thanks

Joe

jschneible on

• David CoffmanDavid Coffman Registered User, PAX Staff regular
    edited March 2007
    If you have your address forwarded, this shouldn't be a problem.

David Coffman on
  • jschneiblejschneible Registered User new member
    edited March 2007
    I'm only out there for 3 weeks, so I'm not sure I want to mess around with that, especially because it could mess up my Dad's mail.

jschneible on
  • b0wserb0wser PAX HHL Deputy Manager CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    could you get your dad to send it to you upon arrival?

b0wser on
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2007
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=15213
    If you register now, you'll be in the first wave of passes that go out, so you can actually expect them earlier than August.

Again, if you register now we'll send it pretty early, so unless you plan leaving Europe in mid-July you should be fine.

That was at the end of Feb. I'm sure it still applys.

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited March 2007
    Also, you can have your mail forwarded for a temporary amount of time, I believe.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    jschneible wrote: »
    I was trying to register for PAX, and I noticed that the badges get shipped out the second week in August. As it turns out I will already be out in Seattle by then and don't know what my address will be (I'm there for a graduate summer school). Any ideas on what I should do?

Thanks

Joe
    i thought it was said recently that they get shipped out at the beginning of august.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • jschneiblejschneible Registered User new member
    edited March 2007
    Well, since I'll be living in a dorm for the 3 weeks, I'm not sure I will have a mailing address. I registered anyway and gave them my current address hoping that the stuff arrives early. If not I'll have to find a workaround. Thanks folks.

jschneible on
  • ctishmanctishman Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    80-cent manila envelope + 35-cent stamp + 2 days in the mail, and the pass is yours.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
    http://homepage.mac.com/ctishman
  • QuizMasterQuizMaster Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Or if you're really worried, you could travel back from Seattle to your current address to pick up your pass when it comes in. Mind you, I don't know how far away that is.

QuizMaster on
  • b0wserb0wser PAX HHL Deputy Manager CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    You may also be able to contact Khoo/PRD/whoever's mailing them out, and ask to be removed from the mail-out list, rather opting to pick your pass up at the door.

b0wser on
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    the first great advice of the thread!!!

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
This discussion has been closed.