Options

Seattle forumer gatherings - Version 20.15

• Options
    QuintiousQuintious Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Just a heads up - myself and one other member of the Columbia Tower Club are hosting a "nerd night" up at the Club this coming Monday from 6-10. It's going to be sort of a continuation of "Tabletop Day Atop the World" that we did a month or two ago. I've got somewhere between 2-4 open spots if anybody is interested in coming and meeting fellow gamers and some PA members. Event is free; attendees will have access to the restaurant on the 75th floor if they choose, but will not have access to the 76th floor unless you also happen to be a member or are dining with one. Club rules stipulate no shorts, no ripped denim, wife beaters, athletic apparel, so on and so forth. "Technically" sneakers are a gray area, but I'm up there 5-6 times a month and never have anything but sneakers on and nobody's ever said a word to me. Basically make sure you look presentable, as it's one of these blue blood type private places. We actually want them to want us to keep organizing these things up there, ya know? If interested, let me know and I'll work the process of figuring out invite protocols (my half of the attendance list is hidden behind a Facebook friends-only event, so I'll have to get you added through my counterpart's event page). Present headcount is in the high 20's, I think we're capped at 32 non-members plus us or else they start charging us ballroom fees.

BTW, invoking Wheaton's Law on this - since we're so limited on how many people we can bring up on a per-member basis, anyone who flakes will be ridiculed and banished from any future events at the club or elsewhere, as it will be screwing over someone else who could go.

Quintious on
  • Options
    EnigmasEnigmas Registered User regular
    Gaming on top of Columbia Tower sounds like so much fun. I wish my friend weren't moving out of town and having a get together that night so I can't make it.

I hope everyone plays nice and you're able to host more events there.

3DS: 4871-3908-4971
    Hungry? The Cookie Brigade!
    PAX Prime 2013 Buttoneer! Main Design! And the Creeper is still waiting for you...

Slytherin House Elf for the Order of the Phoenix!
    Just because we're arrogant, doesn't mean we're (completely) evil.
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Today I leave for San Francisco.

Sunday I return with cheap booze for the Warp Core for the spring party :D

<MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    Bizzaro StormyBizzaro Stormy I am Bizzaro Stormy. I am Bizzaro Stormy.Registered User regular
    I am Bizzaro Stormy.

• Options
    PREPARE YOUR BODIES BECAUSE WARPCORE IS HAPPENING ON SAT

• Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    I'll try to make it!
    But I'm gonna need to acquire a vehicle, and even then I might not make it until early evening-ish.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    sat = rumrumrumrumrumrumrum

• Options
    bubblegumnexbubblegumnex Registered User regular
    I intend to revoke my FAIL status with OMGWTFBBQ.

<@zerzhul&gt; bubblegumnex: you were so very fucked up
    <@zerzhul&gt; you win at twdt
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Haethaus Mini-LAN June 21-23
    Well, new years resolution of a LAN a month failed. Work got way too busy for me :( SADFACE
    I bribed my manager with liquor to make sure I had a weekend off in June (still slow times) that I wasn't on call for. I think they are getting tired of my drunk tech support anyway, lol. It provides entertainment for them, plus I am good at it.

I have 12 gaming computers setup in my garage right now and I want to do a small event. This will be very heavily FPS based (with maybe some SC2 thrown in for a mixup).
    Theres also a couple spots if you want to bring your own machine.

Computers and mice are provided! (along with keyboards on the desktop systems)
    (Specs range from core i5/i7 machines with geforce gtx555m graphics up to gtx660 GPU's).
    I also have a couple extra BF3 accounts if you dont have it.
    I also have extra gaming headsets if you forget yours. I probably have around... 8-10

Lets play some games!

What is required from you if you want to come partake

Have to be here to game for most of the time (Other than sleeping of course), people only being here for like half the time kind of screws other people who want to LAN out of a chance of going.
    That you own BF3 and maybe Starcraft 2 (I have 5 spare BF3 accounts if you dont have it)
    Bring a headset (and mouse/keyboard if you want your own). I have plenty for use though.
    We play the BF3 expansions a lot. If you dont have them then... I dunno... buy them or else you wont be playing. Or you will have to use one of my accounts. Not the end of the world.

Follow the house booze/beer/party rules
    Donations for utilities consumption are welcome and highly encouraged but not required

MMO's, playing single player games, and rage quitting aren't allowed. This is an even smaller focused LAN than before. Us vs the Internet in games! Lets beat up on some pub players. Jihad jeep them to oblivion! We will take breaks to go booze it up and consume food.

CAT:
    I Have a cat now. He is an inside cat. His name is Choppa. Try to use the front door whenever possible instead of constantly using the garage door for everything.

PEOPLE GOING!

Borrowed Machines:

1. Requies
    2. Deadmetal
    3. Lord Moon
    4. Arclite
    5. AGB
    6. app87k
    7. Britality
    8. North
    9. Nia
    10. Solution
    11. Theros
    12. Tunafish

BYOC:
    1. BigRed
    2. Cakiea
    3. Darc
    4. DaedalusLeto
    5. Dya
    6. Ris3n_Da3mon

WAITING LIST:

1. Tim
    2. Chaos
    3. faerielaurelyn

This is the main list. Ignore the one in the Enforcer forums.

BigRed on
  • Options
    AtomicGaryBuseyAtomicGaryBusey I put on my robe and wizard hat. Beautiful Lynnhood, Wash.Registered User regular
    BigRed wrote: »

Sign me up for a borrowed machine.

Is it too late to get another BYOC or three added? If you can, reserve BYOC for app87k for sure (he'll have a laptop), and I'll check in with my two other people to see if they're BYOCing or borrowing.

Same as usual applies, I'll be there all Friday, all Saturday, no LAN for me Sunday. The other folks may stay Sunday. I'll make sure everyone has house rules hammered into their heads.

fss_overall.png
  • Options
    nianianianianiania Registered User regular

Memmemememeemmremmemeemmemememem! Borrowed machine!

2014 Tri-Wizard Drinking Tournament
    Hufflepuff: Death Eaters / Head of House
  • Options
    nianiania wrote: »

Memmemememeemmremmemeemmemememem! Borrowed machine!

You going to play BF3 the whole time? cause no ragequitting allowed at Mini-LANs :P

• Options
    nianianianianiania Registered User regular
    You going to play BF3 the whole time? cause no ragequitting allowed at Mini-LANs :P
    I'M AT THE COMBINATION PIZZA HUT AND TACO BELL

2014 Tri-Wizard Drinking Tournament
    Hufflepuff: Death Eaters / Head of House
  • Options
    CaptaimManiCaptaimMani Olympia, WARegistered User regular
    I'm definitely interested in the OMGWTFBBQ :) I'll see if I can get time off work, but some of the other girls are going to Paradiso, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to.

• Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    IN FOR BBQ

a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    MoonVydeoMoonVydeo Lord Moon Enforcer at Large Istanbul (Not Constantinople)Registered User regular
  • Options
    WA Brewers Festival 6/14-16

http://www.washingtonbeer.com/wa-brewers-fest/

ORGANIZING OUTING FOR THIS YEAR

Who else is going?

FYI: Buy your tickets before the end of may to save money. Pre-sale ends and the price goes up.

I will be there all weekend, w00t!

THIS IS THIS WEEKEND!

Who else is going?

• Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    WA Brewers Festival 6/14-16

http://www.washingtonbeer.com/wa-brewers-fest/

ORGANIZING OUTING FOR THIS YEAR

Who else is going?

FYI: Buy your tickets before the end of may to save money. Pre-sale ends and the price goes up.

I will be there all weekend, w00t!

THIS IS THIS WEEKEND!

Who else is going?
    dya is thoroughly prepared for dranking.

a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    faerielaurelynfaerielaurelyn Vancouver, BCRegistered User regular
    Well, new years resolution of a LAN a month failed. Work got way too busy for me :( SADFACE
    I bribed my manager with liquor to make sure I had a weekend off in June (still slow times) that I wasn't on call for. I think they are getting tired of my drunk tech support anyway, lol. It provides entertainment for them, plus I am good at it.

I have 12 gaming computers setup in my garage right now and I want to do a small event. This will be very heavily FPS based (with maybe some SC2 thrown in for a mixup).
    Theres also a couple spots if you want to bring your own machine.

Computers and mice are provided! (along with keyboards on the desktop systems)
    (Specs range from core i5/i7 machines with geforce gtx555m graphics up to gtx660 GPU's).
    I also have a couple extra BF3 accounts if you dont have it.
    I also have extra gaming headsets if you forget yours. I probably have around... 8-10

Lets play some games!

What is required from you if you want to come partake

Have to be here to game for most of the time (Other than sleeping of course), people only being here for like half the time kind of screws other people who want to LAN out of a chance of going.
    That you own BF3 and maybe Starcraft 2 (I have 5 spare BF3 accounts if you dont have it)
    Bring a headset (and mouse/keyboard if you want your own). I have plenty for use though.
    We play the BF3 expansions a lot. If you dont have them then... I dunno... buy them or else you wont be playing. Or you will have to use one of my accounts. Not the end of the world.

Follow the house booze/beer/party rules
    Donations for utilities consumption are welcome and highly encouraged but not required

MMO's, playing single player games, and rage quitting aren't allowed. This is an even smaller focused LAN than before. Us vs the Internet in games! Lets beat up on some pub players. Jihad jeep them to oblivion! We will take breaks to go booze it up and consume food.

CAT:
    I Have a cat now. He is an inside cat. His name is Choppa. Try to use the front door whenever possible instead of constantly using the garage door for everything.

PEOPLE GOING!

Borrowed Machines:

1. Requies
    2. Deadmetal
    3. Lord Moon
    4. Arclite
    5. AGB
    6. app87k
    7. Britality
    8. North
    9. Nia
    10. Solution
    11. Theros

BYOC:
    1. BigRed
    2. Cakiea
    3. Darc
    4. DaedalusLeto
    5. Dya
    6. Ris3n_Da3mon

WAITING LIST:

This is the main list. Ignore the one in the Enforcer forums.

Is there room left or can I get on the waiting list? I can bring my own machine.

No, YOU make ME a sandwich!
  • Options
    Oh god... So much beer....

• Options

Is there room left or can I get on the waiting list? I can bring my own machine.

Waiting list. BYOC is full.

• Options
    That was a pretty fantastic tour de beer. Thanks for the heads up, red!

a.k.a. dya
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    NEXT UP IS THE OMGWTFBBQ!

Post what you are intending on bringing so we dont double up on too much.

We have the space all day, so bring some gamez to play!

BIGRED :

Grilling fuel (charcoal/lighter fluid/Fire)
    Grilling tools
    Condiments
    Cups
    Plates
    Utensils
    Big Cooler-o-Ice
    A couple of canopies

BigRed on
  • Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    I'm a poor bastard so, provided I'm still even able to make it, I'll probably just bring a couple cases of soda and whatever other cheap-ish munchies I come across.

I will be bringing We Didn't Playtest This and it's expansion, as well as the add-on packs. I demand somebody bring Cards Against Humanity!

NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    Coldbrew wrote: »
    I'm a poor bastard so, provided I'm still even able to make it, I'll probably just bring a couple cases of soda and whatever other cheap-ish munchies I come across.

I will be bringing We Didn't Playtest This and it's expansion, as well as the add-on packs. I demand somebody bring Cards Against Humanity!

I could bring CAH. I will bring a few other games that can be played on a picnic table easily as well.

• Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited June 2013
    I'll be there in the early afternoon. I'll be bringing acquire to play, provided it's not too windy for paper fake money.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    ProjektSoulProjektSoul Registered User regular
    I may be there depending on when my softball tournament ends that day. Will bring drinks and stuff to grill.

TheProjektSoul.jpg
  • Options
    CovetCovet Registered User regular
    OMGWTFBBQ

I'll be bringing veggies to grill for myself, two cherry pies to share, and appropriate pie serving utensils.

• Options
    TherosTheros Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Cancelling because reasons! Disregard.

Theros on
  • Options
    BritalityBritality Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    I might have to work for a couple hours, but if I do, I'll go in moderately early and show up fashionably late.

Will Bring:

Hugs
    Brownies
    Deviled Eggs, if I have time to make them (i.e. no OT Saturday)
    Some sort of delicious meat to put in my mouth (YEAH)

I can probably bring at least one game, maybe more.

Possibly a dog or two, still up for discussion.

Britality on
  • Options
    CronusCronus Registered User regular
    I'll make some Sangria again. Hopefully people don't underestimate it's strength again :)

camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    I made a big batch of my burger spice, so I'll be doing something with that.

E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    I might get some steak strips and make a whiskey marinade. Either that or salmon burgers.

• Options
    Cronus wrote: »
    I'll make some Sangria again.
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    I made a big batch of my burger spice
    whiskey marinade. Either that or salmon burgers.

Man, I wish I could be as cool as you guys. :P

NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    WHISKEY STEAK COMPLETE!

785638641.jpg

• Options
    LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    Hey guys - I'm open at my shop today, which is in Ballard about a mile from Golden Gardens. If you want to pick up your pint glass(es), send me a PM and I'll provide you with an address.

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    Dang I found this thread, and right after this. Oh well. I will keep tabs for future events. I'm the greater Seattle area, and that stuff sounded fun.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    Thanks to everyone who came out. Beach was awesome on the hot day.

• Options
    tehgilligantehgilligan Stud_Ent SeattleRegistered User new member
    Oh hey, I probably belong here.

8====D
  • Options
    anybody want in on a small RTS LAN This weekend? A few of us are getting together at my house (using my many extra computers) to get our RTS games on.