As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX 07 final game and prize possibility

xxhennersxxxxhennersxx Registered User regular
edited March 2007 in PAX Archive
http://cgi.ebay.com/NWC-1990-Nintendo-World-Championship-NES-cart-low-0083_W0QQitemZ140096771396QQcategoryZ62053QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Tis could possibly be used for the final game for the omegathon.

it's the holy grail of nintendo collecting. the nintendo world championship cartridge. Well, the gold one is the holy grail...

there's i think 90 of these in existance. It could also double as part of the prize along with...

http://cgi.ebay.com/THE-ENTIRE-US-SUPER-NINTENDO-COLLECTION-COMPLETE_W0QQitemZ110102580135QQcategoryZ62053QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The entire SNES collection. We've seen entire NES collections, but this is the first time I've seen an SNES one.

Thoughts?

xxhennersxx on

• QuickSnapQuickSnap Professional Beard Grower Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Oh...My...God....

Someone help me find these men so I may kill them, and take what they possess for my own.

QuickSnap on
    6rceun58332p.png
  • ctishmanctishman Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    So, uh, what game is on it?

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
    http://homepage.mac.com/ctishman
  • HighfireHighfire Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    ctishman wrote: »
    So, uh, what game is on it?

http://www.atarihq.com/tsr/nes/nwc/nwc.html

Highfire on
    edited March 2007
    Ah, so it's purely for collector's value. Might not be that good from a gamer's perspective, though.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
  • xxhennersxxxxhennersxx Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Ah, so it's purely for collector's value. Might not be that good from a gamer's perspective, though.

i said double it up with the ENTIRE SNES COLLECTION. IN BOX. Plus 74 factory sealed SNES games.

So the final game during the omegathon, is the tournament cartridge. thent eh winner gets the carridge, as well as the SNES collection.

xxhennersxx on
  • BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I want a gold chocobo.... Or at least a life size replica

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
  • HighfireHighfire Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Also for the final game I think it'll be Street Fighter.

Highfire on
    edited March 2007
    Highfire wrote: »

Hell no. the controls used on that thing are a peice of shit. In order for alot of games to be near playable you woul dhave to replace them with Happ Parts. SO unless the person likes to solder contact points on arcade microswitches, no.

xxhennersxx on
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    yeah, i used to run the NES legion over on gamespot, so i'm well versed in the nwc cartridge. there are actually a few thousand of them, but we estimate probably only a thousand or so still in working order. it's a cartridge made solely for competitive purposes, pretty rad stuff, i've played a demo of it online.

as awesome as more classic gaming stuff would be for the prize, i'm still holding out for the solid gold cast of khoo's penis!:lol:

(brokenangel know what i'm talkin bout!)

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
    edited March 2007
    dyaballikl wrote: »
    yeah, i used to run the NES legion over on gamespot, so i'm well versed in the nwc cartridge. there are actually a few thousand of them, but we estimate probably only a thousand or so still in working order. it's a cartridge made solely for competitive purposes, pretty rad stuff, i've played a demo of it online.

as awesome as more classic gaming stuff would be for the prize, i'm still holding out for the solid gold cast of khoo's penis!:lol:

...there are 116. 90 grey carts, and 26 gold ones. Grey carts were for semifinalists, gold carts for for the winners and runner ups. There were only a few thousand people who competed. If there were a few thousand, that would mean everyone who went to the thing got a cartridge.

xxhennersxx on
  • ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007

TMI about golden objects.

Viscountalpha on
    edited March 2007
    ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    edited March 2007

...that's the SAME auction I linked to. I linked to the NWC 90 cart, for the competetion and i twould be the prize along with the entire SNES library. Learn to read the OP? Kthx

xxhennersxx on
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007

...there are 116. 90 grey carts, and 26 gold ones. Grey carts were for semifinalists, gold carts for for the winners and runner ups. There were only a few thousand people who competed. If there were a few thousand, that would mean everyone who went to the thing got a cartridge.
    where'd you hear that? i've heard differently from sources inside nintendo.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    http://cgi.ebay.com/NWC-1990-Nintendo-World-Championship-NES-cart-low-0083_W0QQitemZ140096771396QQcategoryZ62053QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Tis could possibly be used for the final game for the omegathon.

it's the holy grail of nintendo collecting. the nintendo world championship cartridge. Well, the gold one is the holy grail...

there's i think 90 of these in existance. It could also double as part of the prize along with...

http://cgi.ebay.com/THE-ENTIRE-US-SUPER-NINTENDO-COLLECTION-COMPLETE_W0QQitemZ110102580135QQcategoryZ62053QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The entire SNES collection. We've seen entire NES collections, but this is the first time I've seen an SNES one.

Thoughts?

That nintendo cart is just too much $$$. Ya know, I'd like them to be as random as possible with the omegathon. I'd like to see a game of pure skill but a game of chance might be cool too.

2 player verses is the best way to rock it. But since your on that note, It would be nice to run 2 players playing the same game and to give them 5 minutes and unlimited continues to see who gets the highest score.

maybe force them to use the powerglove to handicap both of them :P

Viscountalpha on
  • BuraisuBuraisu Psychomancer Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Know what I want to prize to be but is a bad idea? My dream job in the video game industry. LOL I wanna be a Producer. ;) Because the person who wins it could already have a job or their dream job which is why it's a bad idea. >.<

Buraisu on
    47uk6agplx83.png
    edited March 2007
    Buraisu wrote: »
    Know what I want to prize to be but is a bad idea? My dream job in the video game industry. LOL I wanna be a Producer. ;) Because the person who wins it could already have a job or their dream job which is why it's a bad idea. >.<
    well, for that reason and the fact that whoever wins would extremely likely be completely incompetent to manage that job, and about a million other reasons.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited March 2007

...that's the SAME auction I linked to. I linked to the NWC 90 cart, for the competetion and i twould be the prize along with the entire SNES library. Learn to read the OP? Kthx

Wow, no need to snap about it, after all you did post a thread that already exists under a different name *cough*Omegathon Prize*cough*, and nobody gave you any shit about it.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• RelativioxRelativiox Halo Nerd Forerunner shield world OnyxRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Maybe we should've. Eh boys?

Tonight you'll be sleeping with the fishes. There's this lovely place right by the aquarium down by the docks and at the hotel there is a little aquarium in each room.

Relativiox on
    iris_forumsig.gif
    edited March 2007

where'd you hear that? i've heard differently from sources inside nintendo.

Those numbers are quote from nintendo. they're the numbers on NESpit. They're the numbers on NES world. And they're the numbers from TSR.

If there were thousands made, and only a few thousand people WENT to the event. I have the question to ask.

Where the fuck is my cart from the event?

xxhennersxx on
  • AydrAydr Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

That's disgusting and would make for a horrible prize.

It should be silver. Gold is much too gaudy.

Aydr on
  • b0wserb0wser PAX HHL Deputy Manager CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Platinum, yo.

b0wser on
    edited March 2007
    b0wser wrote: »
    Platinum, yo.
    yeah, but at that point it MIGHT just be cheaper to just give out a ps3!

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    edited March 2007
    Yeah, but the Omeganauts should want the Prize, right?

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    edited March 2007
    touche

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
This discussion has been closed.