Options

All Is Full of the Clothes (NSF56K)

• Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Re: Threadless:

The Communist Party shirt is my favorite (though perhaps not the best), but they never fucking reprint. Or, when they do, they sell out in a goddamn hurry.

HI and Exotica are my favs, but Communist Party is up there ;-)

James on
  • Options
    gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    CZOGAAL.jpg

I love Zoo York hoodies. I want to buy this one even though winter is already over in Riverside.

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2007
    http://www.cyberoptix.com/poppies.php
    http://www.cyberoptix.com/exlibris.php

If I could get past the hipsters they have modeling the ties, I might order one.

Doc on
  • Options
    ÆthelredÆthelred Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I can't stand hoodies; they seem way too childish to me. The most important thing with fashion is to wear something different to everyone else. I suppose that's exactly the opposite of fashion, thinking about it. For myself, that means trying to avoid wearing jeans and a T-shirt, which is very much the uniform of young people.

Also, is the title of this thread a reference to a Bjork song? Win!

Æthelred on
    pokes: 1505 8032 8399
  • Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2007
    I can't stand hoodies; they seem way too childish to me.

I will wear a hoodie with a jacket over it.

Doc on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    It's worse in the UK.

chav-30188.jpg

Æthelred on
  • Options
    gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I can't stand hoodies; they seem way too childish to me.

You crazy, dog. That hoodie is straight gangsta.

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • Options
    VapidVapid Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I've become a lot more interested in fashion over the last year or two. I'm particularly obssessed with the skate/urban wear fashion culture. I try not to be a brand whore, but I particularly love stuff like OBEY or RVCA.

I'm kinda obssessed with the slim-zip up hoodie, its probably my favorite piece of clothing to wear, but i love a good blazer too. I'm too lazy to post pics of stuff I like.... when I'm back home I usually shop at smaller californian boutique shops.

Vapid on
    POKEMON DIAMOND : 1418 4085 0727
    Mario Strikers: 266395 286788
    Like games/movies/other awesome stuff? Check ouy my blog: http://freakinawesome.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    It's worse in the UK.

Hoodie is a synonym for "Chav scum" round my area, which makes it slightly funny being in Cambridge, where the merch available from clubs and shows is mainly a hoodie with a logo on the back. That's one of the reasons I didn't buy a hoodie and stuck with my scarf and sweater - back home, I'd be labelled as suspicious, like in Hot Fuzz.

Awesome screen name, by the way.

Rhesus Positive on
    [Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I have a pair of lucky brand jeans. They're pretty much my favorite. I actually need more pairs of good jeans because its my only one. I wear it way too much. The jeans are sort of smart alecky because on the inside of the fly they say "luck you." :)

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2007
    can we

can we discuss shoes here

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Oboro wrote: »
    can we

can we discuss shoes here

Yes?

James on
  • Options
    OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2007
    I can't find a good example on eBay now, but I'm trying to find a pair of those sandals that have the ribbon that ties-up onto the ankle and all. They're so cute!, but like, I'd feel weird wearing them outside of the spring zenith, so I want to get in while the getting's good.

Unfortunately, I haven't gotten to do much shopping while in New York and I have to head back to North Carolina soon. It's very, very hard to find nice/trendy things down there.

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I can't stand hoodies; they seem way too childish to me. The most important thing with fashion is to wear something different to everyone else. I suppose that's exactly the opposite of fashion, thinking about it. For myself, that means trying to avoid wearing jeans and a T-shirt, which is very much the uniform of young people.

I, personally, can't be arsed with fashion. I wear hoodies because they're pretty much an all-purpose garment. Actually going and selecting clothes based on what other people wear would be fairly tedious, and would mean I'd have to go clothes shopping more than once every couple of years.

japan on
  • Options
    VeegeezeeVeegeezee Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    My wardrobe for the past three months has consisted of one pair of jeans, one pair of khakis, and this.

Suffice it to say, you kids live on some other planet from me...

Veegeezee on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Veegeezee wrote: »
    My wardrobe for the past three months has consisted of one pair of jeans, one pair of khakis, and this.

Suffice it to say, you kids live on some other planet from me...

Well, Carhartt makes some pretty rugged stuff. Most of it is intended for extremely cold weather or industrial work, probably why we're so alien to you :P

James on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Does anyone else find it almost impossible to find clothes that don't have a random selection of one or more numbers on? Almost every top I look at in high-street shops has a damn number on it somewhere, regardless of what it is. The rest tend to have text about American placenames or the like on.

It's worse in the UK.

Hoodie is a synonym for "Chav scum" round my area, which makes it slightly funny being in Cambridge, where the merch available from clubs and shows is mainly a hoodie with a logo on the back. That's one of the reasons I didn't buy a hoodie and stuck with my scarf and sweater - back home, I'd be labelled as suspicious, like in Hot Fuzz.

Awesome screen name, by the way.

Saxon hi5.

Æthelred on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Does anyone else find it almost impossible to find clothes that don't have a random selection of one or more numbers on? Almost every top I look at in high-street shops has a damn number on it somewhere, regardless of what it is. The rest tend to have text about American placenames or the like on.

YES. What the hell is that all about? If it's not numbers or US placenames, it's random patterns of stitching in uncomfortable places.

japan on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    I prefer European placenames anyhow.

James on
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Those hoodies all look horrible.

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    ZimmydoomZimmydoom Accept no substitutes Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I never gave a crap about fashion until I went to Japan. Having each of your classmates show up in $300+ outfits every day turned that around right quick. Now I own more clothing than I have space to store it. :?

That said, I just recently purchased three suits, my first since I became a "grown up." Temporarily banished to the wastes of rural Maine, I'm chomping at the bit to actually wear them at an appropriate function.

Zimmydoom on
    Better-than-birthday-sig!
    Gim wrote: »
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
    While sitting in a reclining chair
    Now there are Zim-Bear hybrids
    Running around and clawing eyelids
    Watch out, a Zim-Bear is about to have sex with yooooooou!
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    I have a good story about random lettering on clothes. My mum bought me this long-sleeved blue top with a stencil picture of a lion on the front. Around the picture in a circle, so it was hard to read, was "big cats are scary, but a little pussy never hurt anyone." She hadn't read it before I pointed it out as she handed it to me, bless.

Jameserson wrote: »
    I prefer European placenames anyhow.

There's actually a street sign from Prague being used near the centre of Nottingham for some reason. I wonder if the city just stole it.

Æthelred on
  • Options
    SnorkSnork word Jamaica Plain, MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I have a pair of lucky brand jeans. They're pretty much my favorite. I actually need more pairs of good jeans because its my only one. I wear it way too much. The jeans are sort of smart alecky because on the inside of the fly they say "luck you." :)

I have a belt from Lucky. It cost me forty fucking dollars. It wasn't even the one I wanted to get, that was eighty. Their jeans cost like $100 at the least. God how I wish I could shop there.

Snork on
  • Options
    MutePrezMutePrez Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    My wardrobe consists of some skinny jeans in varying colors, some tshirts and button-up shirts I wear over the tshirts. And a fedora.

I have trouble finding shoes I like )=

MutePrez on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    MutePrez wrote: »
    I have trouble finding shoes I like )=
    I own four pairs of sandals, a pair of $200 hiking boots that I very rarely wear, and a pair of tennis shoes that don't fit.

I haven't found an actual shoe that fit beyond "can actually get around my foot" in over three years, except for the hiking boots, which I don't like to wear because, well, they're a $200 pair of hiking boots.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2007
    Fashion is frustrating at the moment. Last season was all eye-wateringly bright with frickin polka dots, and now its all leggings-with-shift-dresses. I'm pretty much shopping at Just Jeans and nowhere else in order to avoid the crap. Not that I can afford anything in the first place :(

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • Options
    GnastyGnasty Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I have around eight pairs of jeans and I love them all. Overall I think my favorite jeans are from Guess, although I really like my black Buffalo jeans too. And my Silver jeans are nice.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Thanatos wrote: »
    the hiking boots, which I don't like to wear because, well, they're a $200 pair of hiking boots.

Out of curiousity, why did you buy them? Hell, at the current exchange rate, the boots I wear every day cost over $200.

japan on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    japan wrote: »
    the hiking boots, which I don't like to wear because, well, they're a $200 pair of hiking boots.
    Out of curiousity, why did you buy them? Hell, at the current exchange rate, the boots I wear every day cost over $200.
    I use them for hiking. :P

I just don't want to wear them out with everyday use.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited March 2007

That makes more sense. The way you phrased it, I thought you just had them in a display case or something. The same way my parents buy really nice crystal glasses, the never use them for their intended purpose.

japan on
  • Options
    edited March 2007

I've had a pair of L.L. Bean shitkickers that have been my default footwear for about five years now. They still look relatively new, and if I ever want a new pair all I need to do is lose the shoelaces.

Zimmydoom on
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Zimmydoom wrote: »

I've had a pair of L.L. Bean shitkickers that have been my default footwear for about five years now. They still look relatively new, and if I ever want a new pair all I need to do is lose the shoelaces.
    I wore out my last pair of L.L. Bean boots ($180) in about 18 months. Plus, they didn't fit all that well.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Than, buy some combat boots? The probability of military kit becoming damaged in the city is fairly low, and they'll work for hiking.

James on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Zimmydoom wrote: »

I wore out my last pair of L.L. Bean boots ($180) in about 18 months. Plus, they didn't fit all that well.

My shoes never get dirty, even though I live in Satan's asshole and generally have to slog through muck and snow to get anywhere.

Apparently I prance around like a little fairy.

Zimmydoom on
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Than, buy some combat boots? The probability of military kit becoming damaged in the city is fairly low, and they'll work for hiking.
    The probability of me finding combat boots that fit is ridiculously low.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited March 2007

You could always get some nice hand-me-downs from your mother.

Oh snap.

Zimmydoom on
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
  • Options
    VeegeezeeVeegeezee Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

I've been wearing a $100 pair of Merrell boots for nearly a year now, and they've seen some pretty good abuse in addition to daily use. The fit has only gotten better over time.

Veegeezee on
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

I've been wearing a $100 pair of Merrell boots for nearly a year now, and they've seen some pretty good abuse in addition to daily use. They fit has only gotten better over time.
    This is because Merrells are the shoes of the Gods.

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    tulkastulkas Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    THIS THREAD NEEDS MORE AWESOME

I just bought this shirt

detail.jpg

detail2.jpg

tulkas on
    tulkas
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Senjutsu wrote: »

I've been wearing a $100 pair of Merrell boots for nearly a year now, and they've seen some pretty good abuse in addition to daily use. They fit has only gotten better over time.
    This is because Merrells are the shoes of the Gods.
    If only they came in wide sizes. :?

Thanatos on
This discussion has been closed.