As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Elemental]:WarofMagic:FallenEnchantress:LegendaryHeroes: Sorcerer King: Electric Boogaloo

• Options
    Fleur de AlysFleur de Alys Biohacker Registered User regular
    I'm always pursuing XP more than loot anyway, so making it easier to find the monsters is good news to me.

Triptycho: A card-and-dice tabletop indie RPG currently in development and playtesting
  • Options
    IslandDogIslandDog Registered User regular
    Speaking of loot.....

The Loot Pack DLC is out, with more......loot!

:)

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Five dollars?? Fuck that. This is 1.99 content at most.

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    CogCog What'd you expect? Registered User regular
    It has Bunny Slippers. O_o

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Yeah, I dunno what's up with that. :D

• Options
    edited September 2013
    It has some pretty awesome looking bows and a snake staff that apparently summons a snake monster thing or something, though, so that's pretty cool.

$5 for 33 items (one of which is bunny slippers) is kinda iffy though.

Maybe there'll be a steam sale at some point?

Cog on
  • Options
    eobeteobet 8-bit childhood SwedenRegistered User regular
    Reading the planned updates on the Stardock forums, It seems as if 1.5 will be the time when I finally get to play this, is it almost four year old game? :) I have tried it from time to time, but always encountered weird behavior or crippling bugs.

Heard the proposition that RIAA and MPAA should join forces and form "Music And Film Industry Association"?
  • Options
    Outside of the AI being an AI, I haven't really seen a lot of "weird behavior" and not only was FE free of "crippling" bugs for me, LH was nearly free of bugs period.

I literally cannot remember the last time the game crashed.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    I've run into a couple of session-ending bugs, usually with problems caused trying to issue commands right after the end of a turn.

• Options
    IslandDogIslandDog Registered User regular
    This is the full list of items if interested. :)
    Weapons

Skath Longbow - Enchanted with the power of a Skath, it enables the Deadly Bite ability.
    Stag Longbow - Enchanted with the speed of the stag, allowing the wielder to fire early and often.
    Gold Shortbow - A nobleman’s bow which grants additional experience to its wielder.
    Harridan Shortbow - This shortbow webs victims that are shot by it.
    Staff of the Serpent - This petrified form of a serpent shoots poison and can summon a Naja in battle.
    Staff of the Stag - A blessed staff with low attack but it can heal surrounding allies.
    Shadowbolt Staff - Magical staff that fires shadowbolts that damage and reduce the spell resistance of the target.
    Giant Lollipop - A massive lollipop with the Bash and Sugar Rush special abilities.
    Vorpal Blade - A longsword that crits with every attack.
    Possessed Axe - Cursed axe that strikes a random ally or enemy in range.
    Breathstealer - Dagger that silences anyone who is hit for 3 actions.
    Enzo's Knife - Dagger with maul that lowers its victim’s defense on each hit.
    Armor and Rings

Bunny Slippers - Though they don’t provide any defense, but they do grant +10 Dodge and +20 Dodge when defending. Plus they are really comfy.
    Silver Helm - This plate helm makes the wearer Immune to Swarm.
    Lucky Dice - Accessory that grants +5 accuracy, dodge and spell resistance.
    Lady Umber's Boots - Armored boot that grants +25 Defense when defending.
    Lady Umber's Cuirass - Plate cuirass that makes the wearer 30% immune to physical damage.
    Lady Umber's Greaves - Armored greaves that make the wearer 20% immune to physical damage.
    Lady Umber's Vambraces - Bladed gauntlets that double the damage done with critical hits.
    Blood God Helmet - Negates all damage to the wearer from Blood God armor.
    Blood God Cuirass - Cursed breastplate that enables the Anguish ability that does 8 damage to all surrounding units (allies and enemies) and half that to the wearer.
    Blood God Greaves - Cursed greaves that do 2 damage to anyone striking the wearer and 1 damage to the wearer.
    Blood God Vambraces - Cursed vambraces that do 2 damage each time the wearer strikes an enemy and 1 damage to the wearer.
    Blood God Boots - Cursed boots that double all damage (to the wearer and enemies) done by Blood God armor.
    Revenging Ring - Each time the wearer is struck the ring gains a charge. Release those charges to damage an opponent equal to the amount of stored charges.
    Bishop’s Ring - Each time the wearer is struck the ring gets a charge. Release those charges to heal the user equal to the amount of stored charges.
    Consumables

Dragon Teeth - Throw these teeth onto the ground to summon 3 skeletons in battle.
    Cursed Bell - When rung all units (allies and enemies) must resist or lose their next action.
    Scroll of Battle Cry - Using the scroll allows all of your allies to take an additional action in battle.
    Quicksilver Potion - Potion that gives the imbiber 3 actions.
    Bottled Wind - Uncorking this potion knocks the wielder and all adjacent units prone.
    Scroll of Imprison - Use the scroll to trap a unit in battle for 5 actions, and they take damage on each action.
    Scroll of Silence - Use the scroll to keep a unit from being able to cast for 3 turns.

• Options
    edited September 2013
    With crippling bugs I meant things like lowering a mountain range expecting to be able to walk through it, only to encounter some invisible wall... can't remember the others right now, but that one stood out to me since it was touted as a major feature at one point (and yes, I spent extra turns basically levelling the entire thing, still couldn't walk or build a new road across it).

eobet on
    Heard the proposition that RIAA and MPAA should join forces and form "Music And Film Industry Association"?
  • Options
    eobet wrote: »
    With crippling bugs I meant things like lowering a mountain range expecting to be able to walk through it, only to encounter some invisible wall... can't remember the others right now, but that one stood out to me since it was touted as a major feature at one point (and yes, I spent extra turns basically levelling the entire thing, still couldn't walk or build a new road across it).

Generally this is a result of using lower land in the 3d view rather than the cloth map. In the cloth map, it does not draw the grid in squares you can't actually move through, and it's very very easy to spot the square that's blocking you. In the 3d view, it's way less apparent when you can and can't move through a square. A piece of land that looks pretty level could still be considered "mountain" even though the surrounding landscape is forcing the engine to render it as fairly flat.

• Options
    IslandDog wrote:
    Lady Umber's Boots - Armored boot that grants +25 Defense when defending.
    Lady Umber's Cuirass - Plate cuirass that makes the wearer 30% immune to physical damage.
    Lady Umber's Greaves - Armored greaves that make the wearer 20% immune to physical damage.

:shock:

Now, the bunny slippers and lollipop are things I can personally do without. Luckily, they'll be super easy to unhook from the XML.

• Options
    edited September 2013
    Has anyone else run into:

A bug that causes a town in a faction to level extremely quickly, way past the level 5 limit for most cities? In my last game Resoln and Gilden had a town each that got to around level 150, despite having low populations. This caused their power ratings to spike to 10000-20000 over the course of the game, while everyone else was puttering along at 300-500. It's a weird error, especially since it makes those rulers much more demanding and nearly impossible to negotiate with.

Another seeming bug that causes factions to simply give up at points. In my last Huge/Ridiculous game, Urxen, Resoln and Kraxis have all quit unexpectedly, giving the message "we will depart from these lands". The next turn the entire faction is gone, with empty lands where their cities used to be. It doesn't seem to be triggered by their current power rating, I'm not really sure what causes it to happen.

Brolo on
  • Options
    gjaustingjaustin Registered User regular
    The second one sounded like they surrendered. Were they losing a war to another AI?

• Options
    The second one sounds like they surrendered, almost. The destroyed cities fits - its what happens when a faction still has cities left when it surrenders.

• Options
    That's the thing, they weren't losing at all. Kraxis and Resoln both had large empires with 10+ cities. They were the two factions I was the most worried about. I'm not sure how the math is handled for the surrender calculation threshold.

• Options
    The events are probably in the XML somewhere.

• Options
    edited September 2013
    Rolo wrote: »
    That's the thing, they weren't losing at all. Kraxis and Resoln both had large empires with 10+ cities. They were the two factions I was the most worried about. I'm not sure how the math is handled for the surrender calculation threshold.

Did it happen at the same time as the first bug? Because it's possible that they saw the huge lead the other team had and decided to surrender. Especially if you're playing with the low surrender threshhold.

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    One of the factions that surrendered was the one with the bug- Resoln had a faction power rating of something around 23000, seemed to be winning most of its wars, and then just up and disappeared the next turn.

Surrender threshold was on normal. Maybe I'll turn it up next time around.

• Options
    I turn surrender off or set it on the very very minimal level. Blood in, blood out.

• Options
    edited September 2013
    Cog wrote: »

Generally this is a result of using lower land in the 3d view rather than the cloth map. In the cloth map, it does not draw the grid in squares you can't actually move through, and it's very very easy to spot the square that's blocking you. In the 3d view, it's way less apparent when you can and can't move through a square. A piece of land that looks pretty level could still be considered "mountain" even though the surrounding landscape is forcing the engine to render it as fairly flat.

Nope. The entire mountain range was gone. There were no more tiles to cast the spell on.

eobet on
  • Options

Nope. The entire mountain range was gone. There were no more tiles to cast the spell on.

The only reasonable explanation is that Brad, Elemental, and Stardock in general just hate your guts.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Rise from your grave! Which is fitting for the news of there being some new Legendary Heroes DLC - The Dead World! Just going to copy+paste from the store page:
    A brand new faction: the Empire of the Dead, led by the nefarious sorcerer Morrigan the Risen. Undead ignore food, growing their population by building cemeteries and mausoleums and by reanimating slain foes
    New spells for undead casters - summon a powerful but temporary army, feed on the lifeforce of friendly units in battle, and more
    New undead empire fully implemented in faction/army creators - design your own skeletal and spectral troops
    New custom map: The Dead World
    New Hellknight monsters - powerful mounted undead knights with enchanted gear
    New Risen Brood monsters - skeletal undead half-spider monstrosities

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Good addition. The wraith always felt like a really half-assed undead. This is a lot of content for DLC. Apparently Brad has stated the DLC has been selling really well.

Cog on
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    edited October 2013
    They had a Steam sale like a week and a half ago; I picked up a couple packs of it. Tried out a new "destroy a banshee," quest earlier which was different, at least!

Auralynx on
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Good addition. The wraith always felt like a really half-assed undead. This is a lot of content for DLC. Apparently Brad has stated the DLC has been selling really well.

Yeah, it seems like it would be a good thing to pick up. While I'm at it I'll take a look at the other DLC and see if any of it piques my interest

edit: seems I already own all the other DLC, goddamn my spending habits :rotate:

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    New factions = tons of replay, too. I mean, you play the faction on its own and then you try it out all their attributes in custom factions.

• Options
    edited October 2013
    Might grab the DLC I'm missing if it comes up on the Steam Sale. I think I already have the Quest pack.

Brolo on
  • Options
    Playing with the new dead race when creating a sovereign is pretty funny. The fact that they're all skeletons makes the clothing look super poofy and silly, but mixing something like a cape and gloves and boots looks pretty cool.
    fZIQISU.png

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Man, I hear a lot of people bag on the art style or graphics, but I fucking love the way this game looks.

• Options
    Man, I hear a lot of people bag on the art style or graphics, but I fucking love the way this game looks.

Yeah, me, too. I even like the original Elemental's more ... painterly ... look, though, so maybe I'm an outlier.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    The terrain doesn't really do it for me, but I'm mostly all right with the units. I do wish they'd add in more variety but I'm an ex-City of Heroes player so I'm pretty spoiled in that regard.

• Options
    Elvenshae wrote: »

Yeah, me, too. I even like the original Elemental's more ... painterly ... look, though, so maybe I'm an outlier.

Nah, i've always liked the look, even the more cel shaded style from clear back in WoM.

• Options
    KiasKias Registered User regular
    Oh how you manage to bring me back in! This new expansion has me playing again after a long hiatus and I am really liking the current state of the game. The pricing on some of the DLC needs to be re-thought (though I am weak, and now have payed 5 real life dollars for in game bunny slippers, so there you go), but the content when its all together really adds to the game.

I still can't help but wish certain monster hubs or wildlands acted more like city states in civ (third party with limited faction mechanics that could have relations with main factions). So, for example, if I see a syndicate scout, I might rethink kicking him in the face because it would result in more syndicate on my ass.

It feels like the champions have gotten a good deal of love since I last played too, as they are much more effective than I remember them. Even freaking Bacco with his beat stick and a couple levels is a force to be reckoned with.

It's pretty amazing coming back to the game after awhile though, because it really puts in perspective just how far this game has developed. The developers really have done an incredible job making a unique, fantasy 4x experience.

Here is to hoping the next expansion adds more options to strengths/weaknesses of factions and sovs. Also, has there ever been official word on those "gain a tech early" strengths for factions? They added a research bonus to one, but the ones that just unlock a building like barracks or the magic nodes, just seem so blatantly worthless since they are made obsolete in the first 10-20 turns (less if you stumble on a library). Am I missing some benefit here? I am just surprised they haven't been tweaked at all.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    Kias wrote: »
    I still can't help but wish certain monster hubs or wildlands acted more like city states in civ (third party with limited faction mechanics that could have relations with main factions). So, for example, if I see a syndicate scout, I might rethink kicking him in the face because it would result in more syndicate on my ass.

There were minor factions in WoM but they never really did anything. I wish they'd bring them back, and do something similar to how Civ 5 handles them.
    It feels like the champions have gotten a good deal of love since I last played too, as they are much more effective than I remember them. Even freaking Bacco with his beat stick and a couple levels is a force to be reckoned with.

They've both gotten more love and become more balanced, what with the swarm mechanics. I think they're in a really good place now.
    Here is to hoping the next expansion adds more options to strengths/weaknesses of factions and sovs.

I think the next expansion should actually focus on your first point - politics. Foreign relations, minor factions, monster factions, espionage, trade, and maybe try to make something of the dynasty system again. That was a great concept that never had an effective implementation.
    Also, has there ever been official word on those "gain a tech early" strengths for factions? They added a research bonus to one, but the ones that just unlock a building like barracks or the magic nodes, just seem so blatantly worthless since they are made obsolete in the first 10-20 turns (less if you stumble on a library). Am I missing some benefit here? I am just surprised they haven't been tweaked at all.

You and me both. I guess the point is you get a jump on researching the next steps up the tree, and can produce some of the troops and such that are unlocked by them, but I prefer not to take sov/faction perks that can easily be reproduced with a few turns of research/production. Spend your points on things you cannot get in any other way.

• Options
    So I'm on a roll with Relias over the last couple of days after discovering I couldn't manage to get The Dead with Henchmen, which I thought was a shame. The map seed gave me a giant crater-looking bay surrounded by mountains with room for four cities (and multiple Gold Mines!) and relatively few monsters before I had to go out into the larger world, which was by far the kindest the generator has ever been to me. It was even nice enough to stick Mausolos' questline in relatively easy reach.

Very much enjoying the Forgotten Library / Martyr's Shrine-type quests, which I think must be DLC-derived.

Anyone know how you actually acquire salted pork to feed the Umberdroth in that quest, though? Can't find it anywhere, even in the city with Wild Game. It's harshing my quest map-spamming vibe.

• Options
    edited November 2013
    Salt Pork is one of the first items you can buy, isn't it? Available by default? It's a ... 30gp, +10 HP healing item? Something like that.

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    Auralynx wrote: »
    I couldn't manage to get The Dead with Henchmen, which I thought was a shame.

You can always fix this shit up in the XML...

• Options
    edited November 2013
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Salt Pork is one of the first items you can buy, isn't it? Available by default? It's a ... 30gp, +10 HP healing item? Something like that.

I've literally never seen the item before. Is it an Empire-only thing? Was pretty confused.

... for literally months I have been assuming that was a buyable club, not a consumable item. Good lord.
    Auralynx wrote: »
    I couldn't manage to get The Dead with Henchmen, which I thought was a shame.

You can always fix this shit up in the XML...

The thought crossed my mind. I was hoping for more of a "Look, a bunch of undead heroes and their faceless minions!" feel from the faction, though it's pretty cool.

Auralynx on