Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Perfect Storm]y Weather

1235

Posts

  • KanaKana Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    121030-breezy-point-hmed-6a.photoblog600.jpg

    Queens had a 6-alarm fire last night which burned over 50 homes

    EDIT: And as I write that the story is updated to 80 homes

    Kana on
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Good lord that photo looks straight out of a Micheal Bay movie.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
    Zilla360
  • SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    Hudson Valley here, still no power. Currently posting from a coffee shop because we were so damn bored at our house. What did people do before the interwebs, "read"?

    Battle.net: Spawnbroker#1471
    Steam: Spawnbroker
    Final Fantasy XIV: Spawn Broken
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    What is worse about that picture is the fact that the streets were flooded with water but nothing could be done to save those homes because of that.

  • Tiger BurningTiger Burning Dig if you will, the pictureRegistered User, SolidSaints Tube regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Good lord that photo looks straight out of a Micheal Bay movie.

    Better acting.

    Ain't no particular sign I'm more compatible with
  • VanguardVanguard Je suis le savant au fauteuil sombre. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Yeah Queens definitely got the double whammy

  • Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Good god... Bad Luck Brian must live in Queens.

    Neighborhood has torrential rains and flooding.
    House burns down.

    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
    saint2e
  • Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Kana wrote: »
    What I want to know is who thought it was a good idea to sail the HMS Bounty out when a hurricane was right nearby with a crew of only 16 on a ship which originally was supposed to have over 100.

    I'm posting late, but for a ship like that it's much safer out at sea than stuck in near the coast, where it'd be destroyed for sure. You want to be able to keep maneuvering and sail with the storm winds coming from behind, riding the waves instead of them hitting from the side and breaking the ship.

    It's being debated up and down in sailing news/blogs why they were out there; especially off of Hatteras which is also known as the "graveyard of the Atlantic." They could have sailed the boat up river and rode it out there, but it sounds as if the boat had a schedule to keep and that might be why they decided to try and skirt one of the biggest storms ever. Apparently they had been given advice to go straight east, but decided against it. Normally they could have just hove to out in deep water and rode it out, but the generators died, killing the pumps, and with the ship taking something like 2 feet of water on a minute, that was basically the end. Been a lot of tragic sailing deaths/accidents this year. Why anyone would try to thread a square rigger ship between a massive hurricane and the shoals off of the cape is a question I'd like answered, but sadly the captain is probably lost at sea.
    bounty.jpeg



    Dark_Side on
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Some Pics:

    This newly formed lake was once LaGuardia Airport.
    s6IpX.jpg

    The FDR highway
    8WSHm.jpg

    This was once an underground parking lot, notice the "12' clearance" sign:
    x6nCC.jpg

    East Village:


    There's a subreddit over at Reddit, /r/Sandy, that has more.

    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • jimb213jimb213 Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Some Pics:

    This was once an underground parking lot, notice the "12' clearance" sign:
    x6nCC.jpg

    The dude holding a beer is a nice touch. I'd need a drink or two to deal with my town going through that, too.

  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Not pictured a few moments later "Hold my beer I'm going to see if I can get my car."

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
    Evigilant
  • dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    bleh all these poor submerged cars
    all the wd-40 in the world couldn't save them now :(

    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • lu tzelu tze Registered User
    jimb213 wrote: »
    jimb213 wrote: »
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Some Pics:

    This was once an underground parking lot, notice the "12' clearance" sign:
    x6nCC.jpg

    The dude holding a beer is a nice touch. I'd need a drink or two to deal with my town going through that, too.
    I wouldn't be surprised if the guy next to him is the attendant, giving him a ticket.

    "Can't leave that there son, just doing my job!"

    World's best janitor
  • Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Surreal. Immersive. Earth.Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Some Pics:

    This newly formed lake was once LaGuardia Airport.
    s6IpX.jpg

    The FDR highway
    8WSHm.jpg

    This was once an underground parking lot, notice the "12' clearance" sign:
    x6nCC.jpg

    East Village:


    There's a subreddit over at Reddit, /r/Sandy, that has more.
    Should have:

    Skidzilla360.jpg | NH844lc.png | GACSALB.jpg My Blog | Gravatar | PSN | 72INGtl.jpg | HkSlskT.png
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Still no power here gonna ve out for days. Fron what I hear the biggest damage is going to be to mass transit. Entire stations flioded with salt water and shit

  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Still no power here gonna ve out for days. Fron what I hear the biggest damage is going to be to mass transit. Entire stations flioded with salt water and shit

    At least your man pelt keeps you warm, how is the lady managing, she sizing you up for a Tauntan sleeping bag?

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Mayor Booker's twitter reports zero looting and lots of acts of kindness fromp people in Newark.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • KanaKana Registered User regular
    I guess if you have to have flooding it's nice to happen to a city where everything is a couple of floors anyway?

    But man, that's just craaazy amounts of damage. Billions and billions of dollars.

    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Mayor Booker's twitter reports zero looting and lots of acts of kindness fromp people in Newark.

    This is partly due to Corey Booker being the goddamn Batman.

    lonelyahavaEvigilant
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Lawndart wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Mayor Booker's twitter reports zero looting and lots of acts of kindness fromp people in Newark.

    This is partly due to Corey Booker being the goddamn Batman.

    Rachel was showing his twitter feed from yesterday and he basically was. If only he didn't fuck up and openly suck PE cock this election season he could have been a contender.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    The most expensive thing is cleaning up the subway.

    That salt water is gonna fuck things up for a good long time.

    Lh96QHG.png
  • YallYall Registered User regular
    Storm apparently missed me completely

    This.

    We (Buffalo metro area) were supposed to get a pounding. High winds, power outages, the whole deal. But as I stayed awake late last night waiting for the inevitable so I could hook my generator up to what was sure to be an overflowing sump with a powerless pump, nothing happened. We had several storms this summer that were far worse. On either side of us (Rochester NY, and Toronto ONT) there was damage, power outages, etc. we somehow lucked out. No ones lights so much as flickered. My garbage cans didn't shift an inch.

    Very fortunate for us.

    My band: https://youtu.be/rw2ersccCsQ[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Yall wrote: »
    Storm apparently missed me completely

    This.

    We (Buffalo metro area) were supposed to get a pounding. High winds, power outages, the whole deal. But as I stayed awake late last night waiting for the inevitable so I could hook my generator up to what was sure to be an overflowing sump with a powerless pump, nothing happened. We had several storms this summer that were far worse. On either side of us (Rochester NY, and Toronto ONT) there was damage, power outages, etc. we somehow lucked out. No ones lights so much as flickered. My garbage cans didn't shift an inch.

    Very fortunate for us.

    That's a premade onion article.

    "God decides to spare Buffallo after realizing not much else he could do to it."

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
    mrt144
  • PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    Does anybody know of any libraries open and uncrowded in south Manhattan

    Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • KanaKana Registered User regular
    pb-121030-surreal-sandy-nj-10.photoblog900.jpg

    more pics
    pb-121030-surreal-sandy-nj-09.photoblog900.jpg
    pb-121030-surreal-sandy-nj-06.photoblog900.jpg
    pb-121030-surreal-sandy-nj-02.photoblog900.jpg

    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
    RiemannLives
  • YallYall Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Yall wrote: »
    Storm apparently missed me completely

    This.

    We (Buffalo metro area) were supposed to get a pounding. High winds, power outages, the whole deal. But as I stayed awake late last night waiting for the inevitable so I could hook my generator up to what was sure to be an overflowing sump with a powerless pump, nothing happened. We had several storms this summer that were far worse. On either side of us (Rochester NY, and Toronto ONT) there was damage, power outages, etc. we somehow lucked out. No ones lights so much as flickered. My garbage cans didn't shift an inch.

    Very fortunate for us.

    That's a premade onion article.

    "God decides to spare Buffallo after realizing not much else he could do to it."

    Pretty much the going joke around town, except with an added twist of strange irony in that everyone feels like "oh once again Buffalo doesn't get any media love, but NYC is the center of attention".



    My band: https://youtu.be/rw2ersccCsQ[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Zilla360
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Yall wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Yall wrote: »
    Storm apparently missed me completely

    This.

    We (Buffalo metro area) were supposed to get a pounding. High winds, power outages, the whole deal. But as I stayed awake late last night waiting for the inevitable so I could hook my generator up to what was sure to be an overflowing sump with a powerless pump, nothing happened. We had several storms this summer that were far worse. On either side of us (Rochester NY, and Toronto ONT) there was damage, power outages, etc. we somehow lucked out. No ones lights so much as flickered. My garbage cans didn't shift an inch.

    Very fortunate for us.

    That's a premade onion article.

    "God decides to spare Buffallo after realizing not much else he could do to it."

    Pretty much the going joke around town, except with an added twist of strange irony in that everyone feels like "oh once again Buffalo doesn't get any media love, but NYC is the center of attention".



    That's the best.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Mortius is correct Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Lawndart wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Mayor Booker's twitter reports zero looting and lots of acts of kindness fromp people in Newark.

    This is partly due to Corey Booker being the goddamn Batman.

    Rachel was showing his twitter feed from yesterday and he basically was. If only he didn't fuck up and openly suck PE cock this election season he could have been a contender.

    lemme tell you, readinghis twitter feed yesterday, I think the dude can get past the Wall street thing.

    I, personally, am ready for a good old fashioned NJ street fight between Booker & christie.

    AManFromEarthSo It GoesPure Din
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    I took a ride around today and there want much flooding here just power outages and trees down.

  • Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Surreal. Immersive. Earth.Registered User regular

    Skidzilla360.jpg | NH844lc.png | GACSALB.jpg My Blog | Gravatar | PSN | 72INGtl.jpg | HkSlskT.png
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Jesus that guy watches his neighbors wall get ripped off and yet he keeps filming, apparently not aware the exact thing could happen to him.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
    Zilla360
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Jesus that guy watches his neighbors wall get ripped off and yet he keeps filming, apparently not aware the exact thing could happen to him.

    Well this is a new thing to most people up there. It's why this storm is so dangerous, the north east isn't prepared for a hurricane and its related disturbances.

    Lh96QHG.png
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Jesus that guy watches his neighbors wall get ripped off and yet he keeps filming, apparently not aware the exact thing could happen to him.

    Well this is a new thing to most people up there. It's why this storm is so dangerous, the north east isn't prepared for a hurricane and its related disturbances.

    All the same brosef don't take video of a tragedy unless you want to wind up in a found footage movie!

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
    AManFromEarth
  • DramDram Old Salt Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »

    This was once an underground parking lot, notice the "12' clearance" sign:
    x6nCC.jpg

    Why is the water red?

  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Dram wrote: »
    Skull2185 wrote: »

    This was once an underground parking lot, notice the "12' clearance" sign:
    x6nCC.jpg

    Why is the water red?

    Because of all the hatred in New York City.

    PRAISE VIGO!

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • iguanacusiguanacus Desert PlanetRegistered User regular
    *cough*Vigo*cough*

  • Tiger BurningTiger Burning Dig if you will, the pictureRegistered User, SolidSaints Tube regular
    iguanacus wrote: »
    *cough*Vigo*cough*

    wtzCI.jpg

    Ain't no particular sign I'm more compatible with
  • timspork's ghosttimspork's ghost Master Librarian and Ghostbuster Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    All that slime had to go somewhere. Why do you think the EPA was all over that.

    timspork's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork


  • MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
  • DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular
    2 days without power in Smithtown, LI. Finally got a cell signal out this morning and drove west to the folks' house in Nassau.

    Things I've learned: I would eat a bullet inside a week of any legit post-apocalyptic scenario. I cannot live without electricity.

    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
Sign In or Register to comment.