As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Secret Satans: Matches out. Now we wait and hail satan!

• Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    Also, I have been reminded of my continued and horrific shame at not sending ANY of my cookie stuff yet. :<
    I will be making up for it, in triplicate (or more), I promise.

As such, since things have been a bit hectic, I'm looking for someone who'd be willing to run the Cookie XXXChange this year.
    @ceres @usagi @sassori @stale etc etc.

It shouldn't require much of a committment for the match-ups... but seeing as I am grossly behind, it seems a bit nonsensical for me to run it again this time. :S

nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    TheidarTheidar Registered User regular
    Sassori wrote: »
    godmode wrote: »
    Sassori still refuses to sign up for some reason, despite her awesome preserve-giving potential.

It's because I'm poor and I don't want to give someone a crappy present.

I take gift-giving responsibilities very seriously and would not want to disappoint someone.

If you gave somebody a nice handmade present and they complained, I'd kick their fucking teeth in. Don't get me wrong, bought presents are awesome, but going to the extra effort of crafting something with your own two hands is going above and beyond the call, in my opinion.

Seriously I agree, handmade stuff is awesome and the amount you spend doesn't matter, I would be thrilled to get some home made goodies or anything else as long as somebody put thought and good intentions into it.

Gamertag: Theidar
    Wii Friend Code: 0072 4984 2399 2126
    PSN ID : Theidar
    Facebook
    Behold the annhilation of the extraterrestrial and the rise of the machines.
    Hail Satan!
    WISHLIST
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Well there is also the no exceptions rule.

Sheri, I say do it, but if it looks like its going to be late just spend twenty bucks on amazon (or less if your skint) and tell em something else is on the way.

• Options
    MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    @Neville I would love to attempt to take up that challenge but I know between school and work I could not commit 100% to it. Same reason that for the last couple years, this year as well, I want to offer to help with SS but can't fathom what I could possibly do.

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    Well there is also the no exceptions rule.

Sheri, I say do it, but if it looks like its going to be late just spend twenty bucks on amazon (or less if your skint) and tell em something else is on the way.

That's what I did for vermi last year

I didn't want him to think his Satan forgot about him so I sent him a super awesome t-shirt

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    I've taken a break from this for a couple years, mostly due to generally being broke, but now the wife and I both have some good jobs, so it's game on once again. I'm at work so I'll send in my sign up info once I get home.

• Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I would definitely go that way, just to try to do the perfect thing. I finally have an idea what type of project I'm going to do, but I want to wait to find out what the person really likes to start it.

Of course I'm always a little paranoid I'll end up with the person who really just wants to be bought something expensive. I kind of psych myself out with that sometimes.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    ceres wrote: »
    I would definitely go that way, just to try to do the perfect thing. I finally have an idea what type of project I'm going to do, but I want to wait to find out what the person really likes to start it.

Of course I'm always a little paranoid I'll end up with the person who really just wants to be bought something expensive. I kind of psych myself out with that sometimes.

its not about expensive gifts.
    if someone ever bitches that they wanted pricier things and I catch wind... there'll be gay to pay.

Which is like Hell, except more pink and WAY more terrifying.

nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Nobody on here is going to complain about receiving free stuff that isn't as expensive as they wanted it to be. This community is better than that.

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Hell, one of the best gifts I've ever gotten from my satan was a hand made wool cap from Sheri. I still have it.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    gay to pay sounds nice
    it rhymes too

poo
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    gay to pay sounds nice
    it rhymes too

Yeah, neville's price ain't that high.

What is it? Two daiquiris?

• Options
    Blake T wrote: »
    gay to pay sounds nice
    it rhymes too

Yeah, neville's price ain't that high.

What is it? Two daiquiris?

whatever for you

nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    yay secret satans!!!!

neville wrote: »
    Also, I have been reminded of my continued and horrific shame at not sending ANY of my cookie stuff yet. :<

As such, since things have been a bit hectic, I'm looking for someone who'd be willing to run the Cookie XXXChange this year.

It shouldn't require much of a committment for the match-ups... but seeing as I am grossly behind, it seems a bit nonsensical for me to run it again this time. :S

yaaaaay cookies!!!

• Options
    skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Hello satan!

First off, there's my amazon list
    General
    Hobbies: games (see below), reading, drawing, painting miniatures (current project = super dungeon explore)
    Like: lots of stuff... which isn't really helpful
    Dislike: scary, horror, spiders
    Shows I'm into atm: Adventure Time, Parks and Rec, Community
    Rum

Clothing
    Shirt size is usually M or L in ladies. Depends on the cut.
    I'm trying to somewhat upgrade my wardrobe. Less graphic tees and whatnot.
    On my list are some specific items (like socks), but I also have gift cards to places I want to buy stuff from, but not sure what exactly I want (like modcloth - hard to choose just one or two things)

Games
    I have a PC, a DS lite, and have access to an Xbox360
    Steam profile is in my sig. Outside of steam, I'm playing Pokemon Conquest and Darksiders2.
    Also enjoy board games. Own quite a few...
    Settlers of Catan, Pandemic, Dominion, Bananagrams, CAH, Tentacle Bento, Tanto Cuore, Betrayal on House on the Hill, Puzzle Strike, Carcassone, Zombie Dice, Super Dungeon Explore
    Additionally, I play Magic the Gathering. Like playing Standard and Commander.

Books
    Always enjoy having something new to read.
    Series I've liked and own most of: Discworld, A song of ice and fire, Malazan, Dresden Files

If you have any questions about what I like, hate, or want to know if I already have something, hit up @irtehmongoose (my bf) or @Usagi

skettios on
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    @neville I don't think I can host the XXXchange this year, I'm similarly swamped until after the 1st of the year boooooo

• Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Hello Satan, this space for the list o stuff :D

Amazon wishlist here: and I add random stuff to it from other sites, one stop shopping
    But overall I am good with shirts, wear a size large, I love hoodies if they are classy. But i'm usually more of a collared shirt type of guy over just a t-shirt. I am a Seattle Mariners fan outside of Washington state, a bit like the Last Buffalo wandering into downtown new york.
    I am very much into Catan board games, I own a PS3 and a PC for steam.
    Video game wise I am about a year behind, but I prefer tough, original games and I am not really that much of a FPS person any longer. Dark Souls is my favorite game of this year and last if that's any indication. For PS3 I currently own Dark Souls, Demon Souls, Dishonored, Syndicate, Asuras Wriath, and Just Cause 2 just cause.
    My main hobby is architecture and product design, and I swoon over just about anything related to that. If I don't have a Lego architecture building on my wishlist its probably because I already have it :D
    Other things along those lines, coffee table architecture or font books, or art books from weta/pixar/webcomics, or maps, those things are wonderful inspiration to have.
    I am pretty into comics if they are not the mainstream marvel/DC stuff, ie if they have a story that i can pick up on. I am currently through book 2 of Sandman, and My obsession with The Dark Tower has me reading those comics as well.
    I love cool things for my walls!
    I run marathons and I ski.
    I love coffee.
    I am trying to get into the whole "making" scene. Also i build furniture.
    Joke options? I have sent past satans a copy of The Wicker Man and a 3 Wolf Moon shirt... sooo...

Barcardi on
  • Options
    FrankoFranko Sometimes I really wish I had four feet so I could dance with myself to the drumbeat Registered User regular
    that 'Doublju Mens Upgrade Design Rider hoodie jacket' is nice
    I gotta buy that

• Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Yeah, looks super comfy too. I am loving this window shopping amazon, makes me realize how little i shop online these days.

But what really matters is what devious things i can buy for my satanee

Barcardi on
  • Options
    Marathon wrote: »
    Hell, one of the best gifts I've ever gotten from my satan was a hand made wool cap from Sheri. I still have it.

Hurray!

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    I still have the hat you sent me, Sheri.

Unfortunately it's not cold often enough here in Southern California to merit wearing it more than a short time of the year, but I do so whenever it seems appropriate.

edit: Right now, for instance.

Picture37-1.jpg

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    neville wrote: »

I would feel a little out of my element hosting it since I've never participated before.

But I'm certainly willing to lend a hand to you or anyone else if they need it.

• Options
  • Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    It's really more about the insecurity that whatever I make wouldn't be fun or interesting than that anyone here would be particularly unhappy. I mean, there's some fear of disappointing someone, but honestly I'd probably worry that whatever I got the person wasn't what they wanted even if it cost $200 and was on their list.

@neville I could try to host, but I'm a little concerned because I am not sure when I'm going to get kicked out of my house. If it's in December I'm not sure how much attention I would be able to devote if I was frantically trying to get all the furniture out before the bank changes the locks.. Also, I've never done the cookie exchange and don't have any idea how it works. It sounds like a ton of fun and I'd love to participate, but all I know how to make is ginger cookies. >>

• Options
    None of that is to say I wouldn't do it if it otherwise wouldn't happen at all, and if everyone kind of knew that stuff ahead of time. Maybe Sassori could play backup... person?

• Options
    MarthMarth Registered User regular
    I can understand the fear of disappointing your Satan. But there is no pressure to get them a ton of stuff. If someone has the money like that for their Satanee, more power to them. Your Satans gift(s) should come from a desire to make your Satanee happy. 9 times out of 10 they will completely appreciate it.

Steam PSN LoL: SadSchaub Battle.net: SadSchaub#1357
  • Options
    @Ceres if you get me I will take any and all handmade stuff :)

• Options
    SticksSticks I'd rather be in bed.Registered User regular
    I say it every year, but handmade stuff is the best stuff.

• Options
    Anybody ever read over the wishlists as they're posted and think "okay I hope I get THAT ONE because I know EXACTLY what I would do"?

• Options
    ceres wrote: »
    Anybody ever read over the wishlists as they're posted and think "okay I hope I get THAT ONE because I know EXACTLY what I would do"?

All the time.

• Options
    SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    Even though this is my first time doing this, I figure I can't screw this up. At worst, someone ends up with more crap than they already have. At best, someone ends up with more crap but really creatively.
    Prepare the crapapults!

• Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Dearest Santana,

Your contact persons, should you need advice, is @Hakkekage or @VanityPants

Suggestions:

I like arts! If you can do an arts do an arts! I need things on my walls!!

I like running, any winter running gear would be awesome (I am a size medium in like everything). Also running SOCKS, my feet are dude size 10.5 or so. ALSO also I'm looking to get into some backpacking (well more like running 30+ miles, camping for the night, and then running some more) so any sort of ultralight camping stuff that I could use in this would be wonderful.

I like scotch and whiskey and am 30 years old so it is legal for me to partake in them!!

I like books! I have a nook so I'm unsure if you can gift books through that, I also like real books though!
    My shelfari should show you what I have and what I like!
    http://www.shelfari.com/addingmachine

If all else fails, there's amazon (most of the stuff isn't stuff i exactly want, but just something like it).
    My family will be seeing the same amazon list though so if you get a thing off of it it'd be best to have it update the list so they don't get it.
    http://amzn.com/w/2I7J9T3D8G97O

Oh and my PA profile includes my ID's for ps3/xbox/pc should you want to know what i have there.

Srsly though, anything is appreciated. Making or arting me something would be totally awesome and probably preferred because those things are one of a kind and coooooool.

BEAST! on
    dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Wishlist added to sig. I just need to keep editing it.

Also, if anyone needs to ask a forumer what to get me just ask @Keith. He has personal carnal knowledge of me.

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Both personal and carnal?!

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular

Wait...

You can have both?

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular

It's Keith. Of course it's both.

• Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    It warms my heart to see this happen year after year.

We're expecting a baby at Christmas time, so I'll be spending all my time and energy on her.

Next year I will do something nice for a stranger on the Internet.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    He has personal carnal knowledge of me.

Gross.

• Options
    Next year my goal is to be on everyone's wishlist

And then never have free time

That would be pretty awesome really. I like makin' shit.

• Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    Wishlist added to sig. I just need to keep editing it.

Also, if anyone needs to ask a forumer what to get me just ask @Keith. He has personal carnal knowledge of me.

You're saying you sent Keith many messages?

I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
This discussion has been closed.