Options

[miniphalla] PHALLA WARS 2 IS OVER! VILLAGE VICTORY!

• Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    Yeah it looks like Phil the Human told the best joke (or worst) and won an award which was to redirect the vote to anyone they choose, they picked Megafrost.

You can all vote Alegis again but I doubt it means anything?

• Options
    P.S. I hope someone is named Lem the human!

• Options
    SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    OOOOoooOOOOOooooOOO

Seriuosly, someone's getting killed hard for this.

My phalla results from the last two months:

Battle of the Bulge - Day 1
    Star Wars - Day 1
    1984 - Day 2
    FFIV - Day 3
    Blackout - Day 3 (Though kilnaga had to argue passionately on the mafia boards to avoid another day 1)
    Phallanstein - Mafia
    Phallandia - neutral in contact w/ mafia day 1.

OOOOooooOOOOOOooooOOO

• Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    Rainfall wrote: »
    PHIL THE HUMAN! STEP FORWARDS!

There was a long, awkward pause before a gangly skeleton stepped out of the crowd.
    "Hi. I'm Phil."
    CONGRATULATIONS! YOU GET A MEDAL! THE REST OF YOU SHOULD BE MORE LIKE PHIL! NOW PHIL! WHO DO YOU WANT ME TO KILL?
    "Um... we put it to a vote, and... we chose that guy."
    Phil pointed nervously, his legbones shaking in fear.
    RIGHT!
    Was this part of the narration only fluff?

• Options
    MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    OooOooooOooOOooOOOOoooOOOO

ow

OooOooooOooOOooOOOOoooOOOO

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Good morning. Interesting (bizarre as fuck) night last night.

Spreadsheet

Alegis 3 (are we really doing this again? because that's fucking insane)
    I needed a name to post. 1
    Obifett 1

• Options
    Blahmcblah for voting for me yesterday and jumping on Alegis today for something that really looks to not be his doing.

• Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    If there's another mini event I'm going to go with votes not mattering anyway.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    Umm.... Obi, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna disagree with your conclusions here.

1) TRV's cause of death is green. That strongly points to a village vig being the cause. Thrallvigs are legendary for a reason, they are considered massively OP.
    2) Your "evidence" that counters the claim is that someone else claimed to be a village vig and targeted Megafrost. That... doesn't work on several levels. Megafrost didn't die to a vig, he died to the vote. Moreover, he died when he shouldn't have, which makes it seem like your "vig" is lying to you about what he does. Also, even if he wasn't lying, that doesn't mean Megafrost was. it's not an either/or by any means.

Obi to encourage to to speak to Anon to figure out what is going on here. You may have found a liar/mafia :). Or it's you :whistle:

• Options
    Er. I quoted that above because it seems like good braining from the brainman. So I'm gonna follow his lead and poke !Obifett with the red stick to see what comes out.

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    alegis until the drunk bird pipes up.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    I'm alive? Uh thanks Phil, you're awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1gq32TSoVI

• Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    Yeah, Jdark is right, again.
    !Alegis
    !Obifett

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    I may have acted ... rashly. Which is pretty par for the course for how I play phalla :(

The idea that the Mad King killed or gave the power to day one the person with the worst or best joke respectively, makes sense, and has led me to the conclusion that the below thought process was horrible and I should have sat back and waited. I am bad at waiting.

I assumed that there were only three kills after reading the narration. I know I targeted MegaFrost for vigging and didn't call my kill because I wanted to be sure kill coloring and stuff was legit. When Megafrost showed up dying due to the vote, but not any green colored kill cause, I was initially glad I did and assumed unreliable narration. I had missed T_A's kill call. Then when Mill called my attention to it, I kinda freaked out. Working off the assumption that there were only three kills, I assumed one of the other two were vote manip and the last was mafia. Which led me to naturally question T_A and feel the need to pause specials talking to him. The only answer I saw was that the mafia must have a way to mess with the results, and they knew the coloring was going to be off which gave them the confidence to call their kill since they knew how it was going to look. I jumped to the conclusion that this was the mafia putting themselves in position to take over the village and get access to all the specials on day 2. I wanted to put a stop/pause to that ASAP, until we could figure stuff out.

T_A hasn't responded to my PM yet, I am going to be in and out for the rest of the day, and this is better known to the village in case I bite it tonight anyways. So there you go.

My suggested plan of action:
    1) Don't reveal to T_A yet
    2) Guard and Seer T_A
    3) If we have a second guard, please guard me

#1 is a must, because better to be safe than sorry
    #2 is a must for the same reason
    #3 would be nice because the mafia are gonna take the opportunity to get rid of a vig whenever they can. But obviously it would be best if we not lose our second vig.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    That is... interesting. I'm not quite sure I follow your logic, or rather why you thought that was good logic, but OK :lol:

If the mafia can mess with the coloring of the death results, that is worse than a thrallvig. So, again, horribly OP and we will probably assume they don't have that for now.

Anon gains more credibility than you (besides all the evidence that proves he is legit, and the lack of any evidence to support anything you say) because he called his kill the first night without knowing how the results would appear.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Hahahahahahahahahaha
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Good morning. Interesting (bizarre as fuck) night last night.

Spreadsheet

Alegis 3 (are we really doing this again? because that's fucking insane)
    I needed a name to post. 1
    Obifett 1

Either there is someone out there who can redirect the vote and it doesn't matter who we pick, or Alegis has some explaining to do and we should push the issue.

With the vote.

So he dies.

• Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    I'm afraid of Alegis even more than before... :cry:

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Obi's logic is silly.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    alegis already kinda commented by

not commenting? no real explanation from the bird brother makes me a sad motherfucker honk :o(

Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Obi's logic is silly.
    Man, put yourself in my shoes

You know you are the (a?) village vig. You don't make a call because you want to be sure how narrations go down before you do. You miss the vig call. Results come up and there are three deaths, one of each type. Then its pointed out to you that someone is claiming village vig. ON TOP OF THAT, the narrations are being done by a MAD KING. What would you assume?

I agree that I acted too quickly, but I thought the integrity of the village was at stake. Back off.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    Well.

I would read the results before assuming anything.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Didn't we just do this? Where Obi "accidentally" revealed himself, then proceeded to wrap the village around his finger for days? Or do I just remember it because he made me look foolish (extremely fucking foolish)?

• Options
    ObiFett wrote: »
    you miss the vig call. .

That's the important bit of information you should have gone looking for BEFORE your reveal. I don't understand how you didn't when you heard someone claimed to be the vig...

Steam profile
  • Options
    Baidol wrote: »
    Well.

I would read the results before assuming anything.

I did read the results. My GREEN kill was no where to be found. Only explanation in my mind was that the narration was unreliable or that it got redirected.
    Didn't we just do this? Where Obi "accidentally" revealed himself, then proceeded to wrap the village around his finger for days? Or do I just remember it because he made me look foolish (extremely fucking foolish)?

I did that because I was about to die to the vote. I was in no danger here and have nothing to gain from doing what I am doing.

• Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Anyone else notice that a couple people seem to have post restrictions?

• Options
    kime wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    you miss the vig call. .

That's the important bit of information you should have gone looking for BEFORE your reveal. I don't understand how you didn't when you heard someone claimed to be the vig...

I did go look for it when I saw what Mill said. Then, because it fit with my jumped to conclusions, I felt it necessary to tell everyone to hold off on revealing to T_A because something was clearly not right

• Options
    premium wrote: »

?? If so, I've missed them...

• Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular

Yes, that did just happen. Not too long ago. Obi's story is very...strange. Not worth my vote at the moment though. I'd rather see what happens if we vote Alegis again.

• Options
    Typhus733Typhus733 Yip! Registered User regular
    premium wrote: »

Seconding Spool's question, I hadn't and am curious.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    jdark

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Hmm, if that's an actual mechanics thing then it must have been from last night, he had regular posts on day one. It may just be an affectation he's putting on for the sake of it but who knows at this point.

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Rainfall wrote: »
    PHIL THE HUMAN! STEP FORWARDS!

There was a long, awkward pause before a gangly skeleton stepped out of the crowd.
    "Hi. I'm Phil."
    CONGRATULATIONS! YOU GET A MEDAL! THE REST OF YOU SHOULD BE MORE LIKE PHIL! NOW PHIL! WHO DO YOU WANT ME TO KILL?
    "Um... we put it to a vote, and... we chose that guy."
    Phil pointed nervously, his legbones shaking in fear.
    RIGHT!
    Was this part of the narration only fluff?

NARRATION CLARIFICATION DENIED

Rainfall on
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    FWIW, jdark often gives himself a self-imposed post restriction in games just for the hell of it, so I'm not sure I would put too much weight into that.

That said, Mad King is apparently Mad, so...

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    Mad King is confusingly mind boggling.

• Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    mad king ain't no friend of mine brother

AND NEITHER IS !Alegis UNTIL HE EXPLAINS HIMFUCKINGSELF

I WILL RIP ANSWERS FROM YOUR MOTHERFUCKING VEINS BROTHER, LET OUR RESULTS BE THE MIRACLE OF SCIENCE HONK HONK HONK

Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    So I'm going to take Obi's claim with a grain of salt, given what happened in a previous game.

What he said, if it's true, more or less confirms a hunch of mine. Let's also say for this example that SOE was an SK. We had three kills last night.

-I'm think SOE either ate a roleblock or his kill had megadeath in it's site (be it intentional or the work of a bus driver - I'm willing to entertain the idea that we might have one)

-Now if Obi is a vig, this would prove vote winner deaths proceed all other actions, since his target was suppose to be mega.

-I don't see the village having two vigs, while the mafia only has one. So this means one of their has gone missing. If we have a busdriver, it's possible that missing mafia kill got redirected to mega, it's also possible their kill landed on a guarded target.

Going to wait for more info before throwing out a vote. Obi is a tempting target, but we could always just seer him to be sure. Not wild about trying to kill Alegis, I don't think we'll get a repeat of last night. I'd rather not RNG out a village special, it's also possible last night was a once a game deal. Blah for suggesting we vote out Alegis before we have an idea of what fuck happened last night.

• Options
    Mill wrote: »
    So I'm going to take Obi's claim with a grain of salt, given what happened in a previous game.

What he said, if it's true, more or less confirms a hunch of mine. Let's also say for this example that SOE was an SK. We had three kills last night.

-I'm think SOE either ate a roleblock or his kill had megadeth in it's site (be it intentional or the work of a bus driver - I'm willing to entertain the idea that we might have one)

-Now if Obi is a vig, this would prove vote winner deaths proceed all other actions, since his target was suppose to be mega.

-I don't see the village having two vigs, while the mafia only has one. So this means one of their has gone missing. If we have a busdriver, it's possible that missing mafia kill got redirected to mega, it's also possible their kill landed on a guarded target.

Going to wait for more info before throwing out a vote. Obi is a tempting target, but we could always just seer him to be sure. Not wild about trying to kill Alegis, I don't think we'll get a repeat of last night. I'd rather not RNG out a village special, it's also possible last night was a once a game deal. Blah for suggesting we vote out Alegis before we have an idea of what fuck happened last night.

Fixed a typo for you :P
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vBhkMYE980&feature=related

• Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    I've no idea who phil the human is (it isn't me)

I like retaba's reasoning for blah. I'm heading out again but this time I shouldn't be drunklegis

• Options
    K

After doing some more research, my character wields a sword.

I am an idiot. T_A has got to be legit.

• Options
    sigh

This day could have gone oh so much better...

Steam profile