As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Vampire: The Masquerade, The [Phalla] for Columbus Night : Camarilla* and Neutral victory

• Options
    CesareBCesareB Registered User regular
    Kilnaga wrote: »
    Quite a few people seem to have jumped on to the little Void train already. I can see the reasoning behind the Void Slayer vote, although it isn't who I will be voting for today. Instead I think I will be going for somebody who was on the Grimmy vote, somebody who helped push Grimmy above Kay before the vote turned in the other direction. It just so happens that this same person has already latched onto the first decent sized bandwagon to get started today as well. HeavyVillain

I am very surprised that this thought process isn't getting more traction, as opposed to the (what looks to me, at least), more tenuous Peccavi votes. I mean, let's do a little math, mmmkay? The Anarchs have only successfully converted 1 person. They have lost 2 people. Therefore they have 1 fewer member than they started with. We can reasonably assume that they started with very few members, due to the conversion mechanic. So we're taking a stab at finding another Anarch, when they have, and I am just estimating here so I'm willing to eat crow if this ends up being wrong, at most 2 members left in the whole game?

So yeah, HeavyVillain

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    48 minutes until last call. Inactivitus hungers.

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    I really hate this vote close :(

• Options
    Sorry, it was either 9 PM or 7 AM EST.

• Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    Just to defend myself, I was not arguing that we should pursue individual goals. If anything my clans individual goal is almost complete and only the removal of the sabat, anarchs and whatever else(?) stands between me and sweet sweet victory.

I was arguing you should not place all your trust in langly, either he really has a protection against all seers or he is trusting in us not seering hm. To that end even killing 2 or 3 of one mafia and 2 of the other would be a fair trade for an unassailable network head position. I rant against any and all network heads, I like to plant doubt to prevent group think.

This is all now very funny with langly asking everyone to trust me... even just a bit.

I always seem like a good vote target! I rarely am though.

I will not damn CJ for stealing my shtick, but I would like more clarification on what kind of seer or other information allowed him to pierce obfuscate 3.

Repeating my Peccavi vote from the other day though.

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    Peccavi wrote: »
    I'll vote for lonelyahava, barring the group that attacked her approaching Langly and saying they attacked her.

Granted, if she was attacked by the mafia, that doesn't do any good. But I feel like the mafia should have better things to do than throw non-lethal attacks at people.

This post is what jumps out at me. I'm pretty sure people throwing damage out are trying to kill people instead of being non-lethal about it. If someone survives, it's more of an issue that the group didn't deal enough damage. Now that we know Ahava was village aligned, it makes the vote seem even worse since she probably did have 1 hp left. In a stat block game, it seems bad practice to use the vote to mercy kill someone that hasn't been confirmed as anything. If it was a village network, they'd have more to gain from just finishing the person off, while using the vote to remove a full health target.

Mafia would gain plenty from having the vote wasted on such a target. it frees up their actions for someone else. They don't have to try to guess whether or not said person is getting healed and try to figure out how to minimize overkill.

There's also the fact that the mafia would never approach Langly to inform him that they gained up on Ahava because it would be too risky for them. That then begs the question of why did they organize to off Ahava. They would also be asked to disclose their abilities. If they get lying, which would be fairly easy for Langly to pull off, the whole group gets slaughtered. If they tell the truth their abilities but lie about the motive, and two people in the group are revealed as mafia, they get slaughtered.

• Options
    Assuran wrote: »

Breakfast club phalla.

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    Assuran wrote: »

hehe you don't have to apologize. It's just an issue on my end.

• Options
    There we go, the new location thing being added back in messed up my title!

• Options
    I'll go with cj iwakura. The move only makes sense coming from a paranoid villager. Which he apparently isn't.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    VS is a bad vote? HeavyVillain then. Hopefully tomorrow I can be in the loop more. Sorry folks.

• Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Mill wrote: »
    I'll vote for lonelyahava, barring the group that attacked her approaching Langly and saying they attacked her.

Granted, if she was attacked by the mafia, that doesn't do any good. But I feel like the mafia should have better things to do than throw non-lethal attacks at people.

This post is what jumps out at me. I'm pretty sure people throwing damage out are trying to kill people instead of being non-lethal about it. If someone survives, it's more of an issue that the group didn't deal enough damage. Now that we know Ahava was village aligned, it makes the vote seem even worse since she probably did have 1 hp left. In a stat block game, it seems bad practice to use the vote to mercy kill someone that hasn't been confirmed as anything. If it was a village network, they'd have more to gain from just finishing the person off, while using the vote to remove a full health target.

Mafia would gain plenty from having the vote wasted on such a target. it frees up their actions for someone else. They don't have to try to guess whether or not said person is getting healed and try to figure out how to minimize overkill.

There's also the fact that the mafia would never approach Langly to inform him that they gained up on Ahava because it would be too risky for them. That then begs the question of why did they organize to off Ahava. They would also be asked to disclose their abilities. If they get lying, which would be fairly easy for Langly to pull off, the whole group gets slaughtered. If they tell the truth their abilities but lie about the motive, and two people in the group are revealed as mafia, they get slaughtered.

I didn't believe that Ahava had been attacked, and if she were attacked, I assumed it would have been villagers that did so. If someone survives, it's generally a failure in organization. You find those failures in village hit squads, which are soft networks, and could also find them in the clans that Langly organized, which are also soft networks. Both can have mafia infiltrators/people not doing what they say they're going to do. The mafia, a masoned network, doesn't have those kinds of organizational problems. They all know they can trust each other, and all know that they need to coordinate their attacks to win. And if they didn't have enough strength to kill Ahava, they would have simply used their other disciplines instead.

I didn't believe Ahava, and thought she might just be pretending to have been attacked. "Oh, you guys don't need to worry about me, I'll be dead soon anyway." I wanted to put it to the test. If a village hit squad had tried to attack her, they would have come forward to langly. And it seemed unlikely that the mafia would waste a group of attacks when they knew exactly how many hit points everyone has.

Edit: I paraphrased poorly.

Peccavi on
  • Options
    Egos wrote: »
    I'll go with cj iwakura. The move only makes sense coming from a paranoid villager. Which he apparently isn't.

Yeah wait, only one of us gets to be paranoid here!

cj iwakura

• Options
    Mill wrote: »

I didn't believe that Ahava had been attacked, and if she were attacked, I assumed it would have been villagers that did so. If someone survives, it's generally a failure in organization. You find those failures in village hit squads, which are soft networks, and could also find them in the clans that Langly organized, which are also soft networks. Both can have mafia infiltrators/people not doing what they say they're going to do. The mafia, a masoned network, doesn't have those kinds of organizational problems. They all know they can trust each other, and all know that they need to coordinate their attacks to win. And if they didn't have enough strength to kill Ahava, they would have simply used their other disciplines instead.

I didn't believe Ahava, and thought she might just be pretending to have been attacked. "Oh, you guys don't need to worry about me, I'll be dead soon anyway." I wanted to put it to the test. If a village hit squad had tried to attack her, they would have come forward to langly. And it seemed unlikely that the mafia would waste a group of attacks when they knew exactly how many hit points everyone has.

Edit: I paraphrased poorly.

tumblr_mb3funBb1y1rt3uzq.gif

• Options
    Are you saying I'm angry?

Are you angry at me???

Help me help you!

• Options

Are you angry at me???

Help me help you!

tumblr_mb3fuyeXVc1rt3uzq.gif

• Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    Oh crap its late

Peccavi to stave off inactivus- sorry I've been out all day.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Heavyvillain

• Options
    Vote closed.

• Options
    THAT MAKES NO SENSE LANGLY NO SENSE AT ALL.

Wait, what did he do?

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
  • Options
    Langly wrote: »
    Heavyvillain

And it's things like this that make me not trust langly. Won't even lift a finger to help out the seer that's been working with him instead of the supposed Survival Neutral that wants nothing to do with him. Getting flashbacks to the Phoenix Wright phalla, where the network led the village on a merry walk to its death.

• Options
    The blood Hunt today was on Bedlam. Sorry bedlam, the gangrels have not had an antitribu come up yet and you were our best guess.

If I am killed tonight, I am almost certain that kaplar is not mafia.

• Options
    Egos wrote: »

Are you angry at me???

Help me help you!

tumblr_mb3fuyeXVc1rt3uzq.gif

I forgot panda cheese panda was a thing until I so this.

• Options
    Heavyvillain

And it's things like this that make me not trust langly. Won't even lift a finger to help out the seer that's been working with him instead of the supposed Survival Neutral that wants nothing to do with him. Getting flashbacks to the Phoenix Wright phalla, where the network led the village on a merry walk to its death.

there being multiple antitribu in a clan is something that has to be the case unless it's a very small mafia.

The seer that you posess is easily faked, blocked, and also only gives clan information even when it is successful, which the anarchs and mafia both don't care about. The only thing it can find is people like Kay, and he may have been the only one.

CJ is a problem because while he doesn't deserve to live, the vote is also wasted on him, probably, as a neutral who is just being silly.

It's difficult to weigh things as net head when you're looking for people who's very MO is to be helpful and to blend into the crowd.

Also, we haven't found any cult in Malkavian either, the argument on that is not worthless.

• Options
    The blood Hunt today was on Bedlam. Sorry bedlam, the gangrels have not had an antitribu come up yet and you were our best guess.

If I am killed tonight, I am almost certain that kaplar is not mafia.

But if your not killed then where does kaplar stand?

• Options
    still...not mafia? I'm naming someone to be a voice.

• Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    Things are so tense around here.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    Real talk, I am mildly concerned at how close the votes are. The mafia may switch the votes to kill CJ, and then you have to vote me out tomorrow. Which at least gives me another night to advance my clan's victory condition, but means we also waste 2 votes on non-mafia.

• Options
    eh there will likely be other deaths that will reveal information

• Options
    edited November 2012
    Night 4: Retrenchment

The Kindred of the city gathered around multiple suspects during the night, but finally decided Pecavvi was the most imminent threat to their safety. They put him down for their own good.

Prince Langly surveyed his city. He had noticed something odd moving amongst the shadows, a vampire he had never seen before. He removed Bedlam before he could cause any more damage.

LoserforHireX was a late comer to the city sent from Vienna to aid his fellow Warlocks. Turns out a Blood mages are pretty fragile, however, and he didn’t stand a chance.

Void Slayer thought he was protected. He was quite surprised to see himself surrounded by an horde of angry vampires. They ripped him to shreds despite his protection.

Rainfall thought she had a willing mind slave. Turns out she was the one possessed.

JonathanMichaels hadn’t been heard from for a few days. The other Ventrue figured he skipped town.

The Dead:
    Pecavvi - Clan Malkavian
    Bedlam - Clan Tzimisce, Sabbat
    LoserforHireX - Clan Tremere
    Void Slayer - Clan Malkavian
    Rainfall - Clan Toreador
    JonathanMichaels- Clan Ventrue

Those in Torpor:
    CJ Iwakura
    WhiteZinfidel

Warning for no red vote to @CaptainPlanet82 and @Maximus.

Sunday is my normal tabletop game day, and I will not be home at vote close. Instead, vote will close at 11:00 PM EST for Sunday, November 18th only.

Thank you.

Assuran on
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    Interesting...

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    CesareBCesareB Registered User regular
    Some very interesting results but I choose to focus on the hilarity of CJ sending himself into torpor.

• Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Zinfidel too. Shall we look at who jumped on the Void Slayer wagon after Langly said it was a bad idea? I think we should.

• Options
    I think people don't read things and it's not like there was a mafia up there anyway

• Options
    I find it quite interesting that two people pinging people's suspicions earlier in the game both ended up in torpor.

• Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Perhaps someone there is on another bad-wagon? Dunno, haven't checked. It's at least somewhere to start!

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i think i'm interesting

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    i think i'm interesting

I've seen what you do in your spare time.

"Interesting" is one word for it.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Baidol wrote: »
    i think i'm interesting

I've seen what you do in your spare time.

"Interesting" is one word for it.

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/23055009/#Comment_23055009

liEt3nH.png