As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

This [Chat]

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    You guys are so hurtful. :(

*sulks*

• WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    You could have vader come back as a good guy

Or you could say that the good side of vader moved onto the afterlife but the dark side and robot parts of vader did not

Or something

Burned. In. A. Fire.

Ret. Con.

• VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Which music should I acquire

Right now I am compiling stacks of Starfucker, Ratatat, Of Montreal, Brian Eno's new album, Tame Impala etc

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    Juno is prolife nonsense

She made her choice.

• VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

Or you could say that the good side of vader moved onto the afterlife but the dark side and robot parts of vader did not

Or something

Burned. In. A. Fire.

I'm dude he's a Phoenix

• AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular

Or something

Burned. In. A. Fire.

Ret. Con.

Terrible. Idea.

New Things or total reboot.

No more half measures.

Lh96QHG.png
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    ugh, I need the damn new Adventure Time episode. Fucking promo was fucking nuts.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    hmz

poop.

obF2Wuw.png
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    ugh, I need the damn new Adventure Time episode. Fucking promo was fucking nuts.

Me too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxvCCeWHK1U

I am watching I Remember You. Fucking hell, most depressing episode.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    hmz

poop.

3f5.gif

When I last left off with Naruto, I think that Sauske just killed his brother?

It seemed like things were coming to a climax, is it over now?

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Juno is prolife nonsense

Juno the character in the force unleashed.

also bollocks to that.

ftOqU21.png
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Juno is prolife nonsense

What? Because she didn't get an abortion?

(the clinic was not portrayed in the classiest way but it was certainly not vilified!)

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    I am watching I Remember You. Fucking hell, most depressing episode.

I know right it's great

ftOqU21.png
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    hmz

poop.

3f5.gif

ya u hav no idea how much that is me rite now

im doing statistics at 3am idk why

fuk u unnecessarily rigorous russian statistics lady i dont wanna know how this shit works just leave me be

obF2Wuw.png
    Why does Adventure Time suck me down a hole of awesome?

http://youtu.be/INedbFj197I

u7stthr17eud.png
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular

No

That was like the end of the beginning. Now the cool shit has been happening.

Sarksus wrote: »

No

Pretty much. I am getting the feeling that we are finally getting real the final end of the show.

I mean, they are exhausting the setting at a pretty rapid rate, let's say.

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Dwarf Fortress update

We're filthy rich, this settlement has a lot of gold underneath it! We're rich! RICH!

News travels fast

Prepare yourself for mass goblin invasions

oh noooo :(

There's a way to avoid this. Do nothing with it, don't even mine it just prep it for mining. Until you have your goblin invasion meat grinder entrance ready/goblin mauler dwarves ready to go. Then you can trigger them at your leisure and enjoy the one sided slaughter of your hated enemies.
    Ludious wrote: »
    @happylilelf

your avatar is a vagina

If that looks like any vagina you've ever encountered see a doctor. And possibly an exorcist.

(it's a picture of a stage light from my cell phone camera with the solarize filter on)

No

Wait seriously?

Man.

I did like how Naruto was developing, though, with his frog powers.

Frog eye Naruto was rad.

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Okay, dorf update! I got my first wave of migrants, apparently they heard about the gold underneath Kubukbekar and came in droves!

We now have:
    @Kana the miner (Hammerdwarf, Miner thresher, Cheese Maker and Beekeeper)
    @Organichu the miner (Miner, Presser and also a comedian!)
    @P10 the Mason
    @Tamin the strand extractor (What's that do? no idea! And that's all Tamin does!)
    @Sarksus the Fish Disector (Marksdwarf, Animal Trainer, Animal Caretaker, Fish and animel Disector)
    @AManFromEarth the Beekeeper (Macedwarf and Beekeeper, haha, weird combo.)
    @TehSpectre the Brewer (Marksdwarf, Animal Caretaker, Trapper, Brewer, Miller, Cook and Grower)
    @Mim the Shearer (No idea what that does either! fun! Also a fish Dissector, Fish Cleaner, Brewer, Cook, Fisherdwarf, Dyer and great at flattery.)

Welcome to the fort, everyone!

I really dislike long anime series but the length of Naruto does help you feel the passage of time and how much work the main character put into his ambitions. It pays off big time.

I wouldn't watch it from the beginning now, but the time I invested in the show as a kid has been paid back a few times.

I skipped all the filler Naruto but even my garbage-eating ways couldn't overcome the shitpile that was the beginning of Shippuuden. There's only so much forest running and SAAAAAAASSSSUKKEEEEEE I can take.

Make sure I train wardogs, 21st.

I am not sure where I stopped reading. It is on my external I think. But I got past some of the major fights after the Sasuke killing his brother thing.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    21st I continue to be angered by my lack of dorfing

• KanaKana Registered User regular
    Shearers shear sheep shuperbly!

But it's kind of a pain when you can just trade for a bunch of raw wool with stone pots and then make whatever you want without having to bother looking after a bunch of sheep that are even dumber than your dwarves

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
    Totally pledged for Star Citizen.

Even if that game contains 1/3 of what's being tossed around I'll be so insanely happy.

Although this also starts the countdown timer on me upgrading to a ridiculously good computer.

Almost did it as soon as I got this credit card since I get six months interest free but the game won't come out until 2014 and honestly I'm expecting 2015 so building a beast right now would be a pretty huge waste.

I skipped all the filler Naruto but even my garbage-eating ways couldn't overcome the shitpile that was the beginning of Shippuuden. There's only so much forest running and SAAAAAAASSSSUKKEEEEEE I can take.

Yeah, there is like a few good Shippuuden episodes here and there, and then much later the Pain arc starts and the culmination of both series is resolved in a huge way.

• KanaKana Registered User regular
    Dwarf Fortress update

We're filthy rich, this settlement has a lot of gold underneath it! We're rich! RICH!

To rephrase: goblins gonna show up a lot earlier!

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.

That is why I read it, over watch it. The only thing I miss out on a bit are the fights, but I can watch those on youtube or something if I really want.

The story moves at a much snappier pace in the manga, and when I get to some obvious drag things out bits I can just jump into skimming mode.

simonwolf wrote: »
    21st I continue to be angered by my lack of dorfing

He's saving the best for last.

I really dislike long anime series but the length of Naruto does help you feel the passage of time and how much work the main character put into his ambitions. It pays off big time.

I wouldn't watch it from the beginning now, but the time I invested in the show as a kid has been paid back a few times.

It was nice that even if characters retained the same stupid-ass motivations, they changed a lot over time.

Yeah, there is like a few good Shippuuden episodes here and there, and then much later the Pain arc starts and the culmination of both series is resolved in a huge way.

The Pain junk is the one where
    everyone dies and then everyone comes back to life?

Also URGE TO REINSTALL DWARF FORTRESS RISING

It was nice that even if characters retained the same stupid-ass motivations, they changed a lot over time.

The Pain junk is the one where
    everyone dies and then everyone comes back to life?

No, that arc is after the Pain arc.

Ugh, part of me feels like I need to finish the series now.

It's like the Harry Potter effect, where you finished the first four when you were younger so you kind of just have to finish the whole damn series.

So, last nights cafe con leche was pretty delicious but I think I can refine it a little better tonight.

I think I has too much milk, not quite the 1:1 ratio of milk to cuban espresso that you want.

Also, a dab of butter and a pinch of salt are very non-specific measurements.

This discussion has been closed.