Options

Do We Have A Beer Thread? I Want to Talk About Beer Now

• Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    I was in Thailand so I had some Beer Chang. I like Beer Chang. Unfortunately most of the time the people who were ordering/paying kept getting Tiger. Not terrible, but Chang is nicer.

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    HOPSLAM ON CASK TOMORROW AT THE LOCALISH PUB OH MY GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

• Options
    KMA880x.jpg

My casked Hopslam in the foreground, my girlfriend's Goose Island Lolita in back. Also had a Bell's Lager with dinner. It paired nicely with their mess of fries, beans, black pudding, Scottish sausage, eggs, and curry sauce. I am so satisfied with everything tonight.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Just the name Hopslam makes me salivate, and I've never even had it.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    CincituckyCincitucky Registered User regular
    Lagunitas made into the local area recently and had the Sucks for the first time. Its so good even the wife likes it. Need to venture back across the river to snag more Lagunitas brews.

Imagine what "cheese' could exist if someone tried to copy Velveeta.
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    Cincitucky wrote: »
    Lagunitas made into the local area recently and had the Sucks for the first time. Its so good even the wife likes it. Need to venture back across the river to snag more Lagunitas brews.

Make sure you read the bottom of the 6 pack and the label.

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    hey beer thread here is some beer i plan to drink eventually!

fwiZZiq.jpg

i'm excited

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    NoisymunkNoisymunk Registered User regular
    I am loving this Smuttynose Noonan Black IPA. Big hop bite right off the bat with all that luscious weight and depth of roasted malt like you get in a porter. Yummy. Gonna sip a few and play Minecraft and Diablo and wait for the snow to start falling.

brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Oh that hop devil. How I love thee.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I was in St. Cloud today right by my favorite liquor store when I suddenly remembered... It's fucking Sunday.

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Drive to LaCrosse or Madison!

When I was in Winona, I always liked the liquor store/gas station that was right over the border; just straight off the bridge.

• Options
    spec2spec2 Painted in my tiger skin Especially in MichiganRegistered User regular
    I know it's a bit of a stretch, but it looks like some of y'all are freezing up here in the Midwest so:

If you're ever in Mt. Pleasant, Michigan for some reason AND it's between December and March, do yourself a favor and go have an Impervious Imperial Stout from the Mt. Pleasant Brewing Company's taproom. Hot daaaaaamn, son. Think ahead and bring a growler to fill... you'll thank me.

• Options
    CincituckyCincitucky Registered User regular
    Bell's Consecrator must just arrived locally! Have been missing a good doppelbock.

Imagine what "cheese' could exist if someone tried to copy Velveeta.
  • Options
    SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    drinking Old North and eating Stew

good night

DKFA7.gif
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    I'm drinking Limbo IPA from Long Trail Brewing Company right now. It's one of those beers that have been hitting shelves featuring Australian hops, and I have to say the result is really good. Like, really. It's very smooth but still has that IPA floral hoppiness. The flavor profile is super well-rounded, so you're not overwhelmed by anything. People should definitely try it if they like IPAs.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Back half of a growler of WFO IPA is taking me into the weekend.

For my money, this one and RPM from Boneyard are 1A and 1B for 'best IPA in Oregon'. Order entirely dependent on what one was last in my glass.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I do not think any of those declines are lamentable

• Options
    Went to my local Brewer and picked up a growler of Vengeance which is a jalapeño cream ale. It's amazing.

• Options
    pimento wrote: »

This right here is why AB Inbev is paying millions of dollars to buy out successful craft breweries.

brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    spec2spec2 Painted in my tiger skin Especially in MichiganRegistered User regular
    Speaking of local brewer, I just had a pączki ale last night. My friends and I agreed that we're not sure it was good exactly, but it was successful in its goals, even if it was just a gimmick. I mean, it tasted pretty much exactly like a jelly donut. It turns out that they actually add actual pąckzis at some point in the process, which explains the cloudiness. Wish I'd snapped a picture...

• Options
    SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    mass produced is anathema to lots of Spending Earthlings, especially when it is something consumed 'for pleasure'

why that is would probably be an interesting read

DKFA7.gif
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Got my growler filled up at the local brewery with Hopscenity which is a good IPA. It's killing me that they stopped doing growlers of their double IPAs. They have one called Hopsessed which is 9.5% or so ABV and a new one called Stink Fist which was 10.2% that I wanted a growler of, but they denied me. I really need to try their food and actually drink there sometime so I can drink all the beers they won't put in my growler.

• Options
    edited March 2014
    March Beers from Half Time:

Iisvs5Gl.jpg?2

Now this is more like it, I have never had ANY of these. The only thing I would've picked out for myself is that Sunken Ferry Stout.
    Estaminet - Euro Pale Lager from Brouwerij Palm in Belgium
    Jever - German Pilsener from Friesisches Brauhaus in Germany
    Lazy Saison - Farmhouse Ale from Lazy Magnolia in Mississippi
    Sunken Ferry Stout - American Stout from Fire Island in New York
    Old Golden Hen - English Bitter from Greene King / Morland in the UK
    KelSo Pilsener - Czech Pils from KelSo in Brooklyn, NY

Noisymunk on
    brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    I just managed to arrange a keg of Black Raven's Trickster IPA for the work kegerator.

Which is now my favorite sentence I've written to date.

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    I have heard of Lazy Magnolia before in a "wait, Mississippi brews beer?" kind of way.

The guy I was talking to at the time RAVED about some Pecan-based beer they had - curious if they can do a decent farmhouse.

• Options
    The Judge wrote: »
    I have heard of Lazy Magnolia before in a "wait, Mississippi brews beer?" kind of way.

The guy I was talking to at the time RAVED about some Pecan-based beer they had - curious if they can do a decent farmhouse.

Decided that would be the first one I crack open, to sip while I whip up some ground turkey and black bean tacos for dinner.

It's a damn fine Farmhouse! Nothing negative to say about that one.

brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    I think I love all of the smaller release beers Sierra Nevada does. Beer Camp #94 they're black IPA so good, Narwhal is just fucking dope, and now I'm drinking the Bigfoot Barley Wine style ale and I really like that as well. The Torpedo is a good beer as well, but damn these releases are so good. When I made my six pack it was hard to pass up the Narwhal again, but must always try new beers.

• Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    Lagunitas Sucks IPA is pretty good. Overhopped but not overpowering. Would drink again.

I've never seen that Old Golden Hen, but I'm a pretty big Old Speckled Hen fan so I'll have to track it down.

• Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    When I was a distributor, Old Speckled Hen was one of our labels. We'd usually get 3 to 6 pallets a month, sent from overseas. Most arrived okay but every once in awhile a case or two would break, in the middle, in packing crates and on the back of trucks across country.

We'd unpack it and get punched in the face with a swarm of flies and rotted beer soaked through every case. Rotted Speckled Hen smells like vinegar feet by the way.

I gag at the sight of it now.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Deadfall wrote: »
    When I was a distributor, Old Speckled Hen was one of our labels. We'd usually get 3 to 6 pallets a month, sent from overseas. Most arrived okay but every once in awhile a case or two would break, in the middle, in packing crates and on the back of trucks across country.

We'd unpack it and get punched in the face with a swarm of flies and rotted beer soaked through every case. Rotted Speckled Hen smells like vinegar feet by the way.

Sorry about that, didn't mean to trigger your gag reflex. I fixed the image for you.

Noisymunk on
    brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    Estaminer - Decent. Not very exciting though, pretty standard for a belgium import lager, heineken-esque.
    Jever - Kinda crappy. Pretty sure it's because it was in a green bottle and the cap oxidized a little bit - a bit of that iron metallic flavor. Probably tastes alright on draught if you want something that goes down like water and won't fight with your shnitzel.

brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    Oh jalapeño cream ale. You pair so well with jalapeño foods

• Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    Noisymunk wrote: »
    Deadfall wrote: »

Sorry about that, didn't mean to trigger your gag reflex. I fixed the image for you.

Hahaha well done.

But don't worry about it.

I just would never, ever drink a Hen myself.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    So a bar opened up recently in downtown Denver called the Monkey Barrel.

20 craft taps.

A liquor shelf built like a giant old school Donkey Kong game.

90's alt rock/punk.

SUPER NES AND GENESIS BUILT INTO THE TABLES.

THIS IS MY NEW HOME.

Deadfall on
    7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    Drinking a Robert the Bruce from Three Floyds with a longanisa burrito. Such a good pairing.

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Three Flooooyds

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    And now I've moved on to a post-dinner Old Stock Ale from North Coast. Holy hell, what a beer.

• Options
    This Disorder Stout from Barley Brown's is something else. Like if a near-imperial and a CDA had a kid.

• Options
    minirhyderminirhyder BerlinRegistered User regular
    You guys, Anderson Valley Winter Solstice Ale is the best beer evarrrr
    Loving dis shit right now

This discussion has been closed.