As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Borderlands 2] Gameplay? But...but I wanted loot! MASSIVE SALE, SEE P.97

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Love my Dahl Fire Plasma Caster, though my Hellfire completely outperforms it despite the numbers clearly being in the plasma casters favor.

Still not sure why the Hellfire does so much damage.
    Probably the same elemental stacking that it had in 1

I've read that Hellfire burns everything too, including stuff that you normally can't set on fire like robots and such.

"We don't need no fire – High fire elemental damage, high elemental effect chance, small explosion damage radius which deals reduced damage and multiple proc stacking."

• Options
    tbloxhamtbloxham Registered User regular
    EvilMonkey wrote: »
    I'm assuming he's talking about ...
    Truckasaurus
    I know I spent that entire fight hiding while unloading my explodiest of Torgue weaponry.

That's the one. Reallllly unfun... at least for Gunzerker.

Worst fight ever (on PT2 at least)

My siren just hid by the entrance behind the blocks, unloading rounds into the things head which was just visible. Then I did the same for the next step. I even went outside a few times for more ammo. Since the boss could nearly one shot me, fighting it for real was just stupid.

"That is cool" - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    RadiosityRadiosity Registered User regular
    whoever decided to give bandit bikers vladof sniper rifles instead of normal ARs needs to be shot. >_>

Shot with a Vladof sniper rifle for preference. Poetic justice etc.

• Options
    ConstrictorConstrictor The Dork Knight SuburbialandRegistered User regular
    tbloxham wrote: »
    EvilMonkey wrote: »
    I'm assuming he's talking about ...
    Truckasaurus
    I know I spent that entire fight hiding while unloading my explodiest of Torgue weaponry.

That's the one. Reallllly unfun... at least for Gunzerker.

Worst fight ever (on PT2 at least)

My siren just hid by the entrance behind the blocks, unloading rounds into the things head which was just visible. Then I did the same for the next step. I even went outside a few times for more ammo. Since the boss could nearly one shot me, fighting it for real was just stupid.

Yep. I had to hide in the room outside the arena with a TINY sliver of space with the boss visible and plink away at him for like 15 minutes straight. I would periodically be hit by some unseen force and dropped to an inch away from death, so I'd have to back off and heal, then return.

Since I'm solo, any death is a full reset of the boss.

• Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    yeah, that fight is really counter-intuitive

you'll do much better if you're out and constantly mobile

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    So I finished the first playthrough and am getting nicely stomped on P2. Everywhere I keep reading skip sidequests for phat level 50 uniquez. Is this really necessary? Without side quests or grinding, I'm getting oblattererated in the story missions. Can I play through the DLCs to give me a leg up in order to accomplish this? Seems like a lot of work when I'm going to be farming for random drops after 50 anyway.

• Options
    JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    Grinding doesn't help much, unless you have enough gold keys you can just level 2-3 times and postage gold chest until you get something good. Gaining levels in and of itself does dick all for your damage, and even if you grind out levels you won't see gear increase in level until you advance the story, and even then it may not catch up to you if you reall tried to power level.

I really, really didn't like PT2/2.5 in this game. Exercise in tedium.

• Options
    EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    So I finished the first playthrough and am getting nicely stomped on P2. Everywhere I keep reading skip sidequests for phat level 50 uniquez. Is this really necessary? Without side quests or grinding, I'm getting oblattererated in the story missions. Can I play through the DLCs to give me a leg up in order to accomplish this? Seems like a lot of work when I'm going to be farming for random drops after 50 anyway.

OP Part#3 has the list of quests that give the red text loot that people want level 50 versions of. I was too lazy to cross-reference with the list and saved any quest that rewarded blue loot.

The DLC will pose the same problem where you'll want a max Pimpernell, Kitten, and treasure room.

[PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    furlion wrote: »
    furlion wrote: »
    Finally started playing Gaige after getting bored of glitching the treasure room. I was duping some weapons from my 50 to her using a mule account and accidentally sold them all. About 30 uniques and 2 or 3 legendaries gun, all level 50. Oops. In less depressing news holy shit is Gaige ridiculous starting out compared to Zer0. Getting her to 50 is g

You know you can rebuy them in case you didn't leave the area, right?

Yeah I know, but since I did not realize the mistake I had made at the time it was too late. Duping is just swapping the memory storage device from the one you loaded from to the one that holds the replaceable file. After making the change you have to quit the game and reload with the original storage device so the guns were gone when I loaded in. In other news was farming Terra with some friends and once again the Shadaloo style head (or whatever it is called) dropped and while one of us could see it none of us could interact with it. That is two for two so far for me and does not bode well for further loot gathering from Terra.

You know you could just use gibbed and copy the weapon codes right? Takes ten seconds.

I was just duping the guns to sell them for cash not to equip/give them to people. Also they were almost completely unique quest blues which are easy enough to get again. I did not cheat at all in the first one and will not this time. No matter how stupid the entire end game design staff became in the interim. It is literally beyond my understanding what they were thinking with so many of the inane design flaws they see as positive attributes.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    I don't know how to break this to you but duplicating weapons for money via an exploit is cheating.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Also, kind of odd since money isn't really handy in this game?

I mean sure, maybe to buy more ammo and the rare decent item in the vending machines, but overall its just a counter for you to curse at when you die.

Edit: OK, slots I guess. That's pretty much all money is good for

Elderlycrawfish on
  • Options
    Perhaps I should have said I do not consider it cheating since it is at least in the spirit of the game since Gearbox clearly had no fucking idea what to do with money and I am honestly confused why it even exists. It is effectively worthless allowing me only the freedom of not having to pick up and sell every shitty white I come across. I consider weapon and gear duping for trade or giving away cheating since it undermines the very point of the game. It may not be everyone's idea of what cheating means but it works for me. In other urge to cheat inducing news had Terra drop another soldier head that once again could be seen by only one of us but not picked up.

• Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    duping heads/skins is something i not only consider not cheating

it's something i actively encourage as good and right and just

why the rarest items in the game are useless cosmetic fluff is beyond me

at least they're learning in the DLC

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    also, someone has apparently created a super-sweet borderlands shooting range in their backyard

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=208170

RxI0N.png
  • Options
    VicktorVicktor Infidel Castro Rancho ChupacabraRegistered User regular
    Is gibbed up to just giving you cash too? I'd imagine that would accomplish the same for less trouble.

The only thing I used a save editor for in the original Borderlands was bagspace. I don't mind killing and looting, but I do mind breaking up the action to check items I find. I'm cool with getting to a point where all greens and whites (and eventually blues) are just left ignored on the ground, but anything purple or better I just want to vacuum up and compare back in town. You don't need infinite bag space for that, but in the original BLs, you wanted something larger than the default. Oddly enough, with that perspective in mind I need MORE bag space while leveling (because I DO need to look at and compare greens) and endgame.

It's been pointed out before that there may be a limit to displayed weapons on the ground from bosses at a time. Should we just pick stuff up and move it around to make the rest appear, or do we have to load up our inventory and then dump it?

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Viycktor
  • Options
    I know for a fact picking it up will cause more loot to come out. This is easily shown with BNK3R. After his initial lootsplosion pick up as much cash, ammo, and gear as you can while watching directly beneath him. More loot will literally fall out of him as you watch. I see no reason why that one boss would be an exception rather then the rule. As far as I can tell, in offline solo mode at least, you do not need to actually sell or otherwise dispose of the items, just get them off the ground.

• Options
    LaPuzzaLaPuzza Registered User regular
    Vicktor wrote: »

It's been pointed out before that there may be a limit to displayed weapons on the ground from bosses at a time. Should we just pick stuff up and move it around to make the rest appear, or do we have to load up our inventory and then dump it?

I picked up the stuff, tossed it in the lava, and came back to more stuff. Like 3 times. I think you will want to keep clearing, not just moving singles.

• Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    @Elderlycrawfish @Elendil I glitched the treasure room so hard I triggered the fight with Roscoe and the Leviathan. Hahahaha.

I killed myself testing some rockets I got after I quitted and restarted the thing. Scarlett was there.

BTW, do Dahl blasters suck so much? Man, the spread hurt my eyes. Luckily, I got a Vladof corrosive blaster with foregrip.

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options

No chance. Same with the stupid bike fight. The bosses have too much health and do too much damage. The weak points only do double damage which is nowhere near enough to make it worth going outside. Heck the amount of ammo you lose on misses would mean you'd need to go re-load!

• Options
    How many skull chests are in the treasure? Is an 8th hidden there?

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular

No chance. Same with the stupid bike fight. The bosses have too much health and do too much damage. The weak points only do double damage which is nowhere near enough to make it worth going outside. Heck the amount of ammo you lose on misses would mean you'd need to go re-load!

I like when people say stuff like this because it implies that being out and constantly mobile isn't exactly how, say, curly has finished that fight without undue difficulty

but then we've got people claiming in this thread that playing through any part of 2.5 without the Bee is totally unreasonable so I shouldn't be surprised to find a tidal wave of hyperbole here

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Yea, I found him a fun fight around 19 but at 52 I couldn't swing it with my Siren. Doesn't help the Siren thing doesn't really do much to him.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular

There's an extra one hidden at the bottom of the pyramid. It's even a challenge thingy

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Spoit wrote: »

There's an extra one hidden at the bottom of the pyramid. It's even a challenge thingy

The fact that it's a challenge is still kind of dumb, by the way, since if playing as intended you can only ever access the room twice on your own game.

Same with the challenge for the gate turrets on the way up to Hero's Pass.

Those are the only challenges that really bothered me, since you can effectively permanently miss them both on your own games.

• Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    I just encountered Pimon and Tumba for the first time. Neither one of them decided to bestow upon me their legendary items. I was really hoping for a deliverance. :(

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular

I like when people say stuff like this because it implies that being out and constantly mobile isn't exactly how, say, curly has finished that fight without undue difficulty

but then we've got people claiming in this thread that playing through any part of 2.5 without the Bee is totally unreasonable so I shouldn't be surprised to find a tidal wave of hyperbole here

The boss was faster than me, as fast as me at a dead sprint, 1-shot my turret, then came over to me and 1-shot me by spinning around. Then it sat on me. In addition, shooting it with explosive bullets did enough instant damage that I would be put into FFYL by a single reflection. Aiming, in order to more reliably hit the crit spots LIKE YOU DO, slowed me down enough that reflection and/or murderation was an inescapable certainty.

In addition, there's nothing to second wind off of except two nukes.

I'm going to say that anything but a gunzerker doesn't like that fight in any way whatsoever.

As a note, the bike fight was identical, except IT didn't reset, so I was able to slowly zerg it down over the course of 5 or 6 instant deaths. And a couple slow ones as 3-4 bikes bumped me around and kept me from moving.

• Options
    Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular

I'll just say that circle strafing wasn't exactly how I played the first game.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular

i had zero issues with it and i knew going in it was a Problem Boss

no hiding, nothing

i don't even think i dropped

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    I glitched the treasure room so hard I triggered the fight with Roscoe and the Leviathan. Hahahaha.

I killed myself testing some rockets I got after I quitted and restarted the thing. Scarlett was there.

BTW, do Dahl blasters suck so much? Man, the spread hurt my eyes. Luckily, I got a Vladof corrosive blaster with foregrip.

IceBurner and I ran into something similar when we were running the treasure room. When the other player joined up in the game, they started at the save area prior to Roscoe. It was an easy way to score the loot from there, and we were able to find a few decent variants of it.

And yeah, I'm not a fan of the Dahl e-tech blasters. Or the Bandits. The Vladof one is pretty nice though.

• Options
    edited December 2012
    The Bandits ones that you need to keep an eye out are the ones that start with Akkurate. It does work as advertised, I killed Roscoe in 30 seconds. It helped that it was fire and I had my turret out.

So much slag, so little shock.

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options

i'm sorry, by end-game you've got enough ammo capacity to focus down any of the REAL bullet-sponge raid bosses like pete/hyperious/terra. that boss has nowhere near their HP, you shouldn't need to expend more than 1/6 of your total ammo, and even if you've got a gun that uses more than one ammo per shot, you wouldn't get lower than half gone.

maybe it's your build. i dunno.

all i know is that the only boss with bullshit completely unavoidable attacks (nova AoE) is hyperious. i don't have any movement buffs on either of my gunzerkers either.

RxI0N.png
  • Options
    Elendil wrote: »

i had zero issues with it and i knew going in it was a Problem Boss

no hiding, nothing

i don't even think i dropped

Play through 1 I'm sure no problem. Level 50 with plenty of loot? No problem. The problem is the amount of health vs damage both the bike and the final boss have. I didn't miss once and used all my grenades, all my missiles and 2/3 my assault rifle ammo to down him. I had to go outside to buy more vs his final form. This was with equal level purple weapons at 38.

They are just no fun. All the main game bosses are fun. The bosses in pirates booty are fun. The bosses in this (other than Pete) are atrocious. I can see how you could kill truckasaurus since his missiles are slow, but one hit is instant death so it's not worth it.

• Options
    ah, didn't know your circumstances. mid-PT2 has some level differences that probably make things considerably harder. at 50 there's much more of an equal footing.

RxI0N.png
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Anyone know what level class mods have to be to get +4 and +5 skills on them?

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Raiden333 wrote: »

It's tied to rarity not level.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Raiden333 wrote: »

It's tied to rarity not level.

Shit... So basically farming Sanctuary vending machines hoping to find a +4 or higher is a pointless endeavor. :P

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    It's actually both, since you can find lower level purple class mods that have +2 and 3 to skills.

Not sure when it clicks over to 4/4/5 for Purples though, most of the time I prefer blue mods with 5/6 anyway

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Technically no but practically? Yeah, pretty much.

• Options
    edited December 2012
    I'm checking the Gearbox forums:

"One thing to note about the Plasma Casters is that 50% of their damage is counted as grenade damage and is boosted by nearly everything in the Gunpowder Tree."

WTF.

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    It's actually both, since you can find lower level purple class mods that have +2 and 3 to skills.

Not sure when it clicks over to 4/4/5 for Purples though, most of the time I prefer blue mods with 5/6 anyway

XBL - ArchSilversmith