[Borderlands 2] Gameplay? But...but I wanted loot! MASSIVE SALE, SEE P.97

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    another hyperion plasma caster with the damage prefix

baller

all i need is a corrosive one now

• Options
    EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    Delayed cheers to Curly for solo'ing Pete while I waited quietly outside a locked door. No loot worth keeping but I did score the "Challenge Accepted" achievement in the process. Barney would be proud...some what....probably not.

[PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    furlion wrote: »
    Finally started playing Gaige after getting bored of glitching the treasure room. I was duping some weapons from my 50 to her using a mule account and accidentally sold them all. About 30 uniques and 2 or 3 legendaries gun, all level 50. Oops. In less depressing news holy shit is Gaige ridiculous starting out compared to Zer0. Getting her to 50 is g

You know you can rebuy them in case you didn't leave the area, right?

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
    sitting on a dragon's hoard of plasma casters

still have never seen one by dahl

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Friends and I took a break from storymode in our first playthrough to do the Torgue DLC. Holy shit it's fucking awesome.
    1. Because of Torgue.
    2. Because we get more Tiny Tina.
    3. And mostly because it's hilarious in that it makes you think at first it's gonna be another arena-fight DLC like Mad Moxxi and then flips the tables immediately.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Finally started playing Gaige after getting bored of glitching the treasure room. I was duping some weapons from my 50 to her using a mule account and accidentally sold them all. About 30 uniques and 2 or 3 legendaries gun, all level 50. Oops. In less depressing news holy shit is Gaige ridiculous starting out compared to Zer0. Getting her to 50 is g

Yeah I know, but since I did not realize the mistake I had made at the time it was too late. Duping is just swapping the memory storage device from the one you loaded from to the one that holds the replaceable file. After making the change you have to quit the game and reload with the original storage device so the guns were gone when I loaded in. In other news was farming Terra with some friends and once again the Shadaloo style head (or whatever it is called) dropped and while one of us could see it none of us could interact with it. That is two for two so far for me and does not bode well for further loot gathering from Terra.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    why would you dupe guns at all

idgi

i've never understood duping in games like this or diablo or torchlight

loot is the point of playing if you are duping loot or using sploits to get shit i don't even

• Options
    Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular
    How about sharing with friends? I don't know about you, but I would feel like a real asshole if I made them hunt for a stupid item for hours on end.

• Options
    Elendil wrote: »
    sitting on a dragon's hoard of plasma casters

still have never seen one by dahl

I got a corrosive one and I love the predator pattern on it.

Still looking for decent shock weapons. I shouldn't try so hard, the next DLC might bump stuff to 55 or 60.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    The Dahl Predator skin is a pain to get.

axton1.jpg
    axton2.jpg

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    edited December 2012
    it really depends on the mindset

i haven't duped any guns myself, but i have had my friend pass along stuff he's gotten in trades, most of which is realistically probably duped

mostly it was stuff i tried farming for unsuccessfully for a long time (bitch, infinity) , stuff where i wanted a particular combination that realistically would take a miracle to obtain normally (specifically a shock bitch, which i never even managed to find in BL1) or stuff i wanted to try out but wasn't super worth farming (the impaler shield)

sometimes you just want to play the damn game and move on, while the thing you want is still worth using (what good is a rare gun after you've finished all the content anyway?)

i've done the whole scavenge for stuff thing for fifty levels, now i want to try experimenting with interesting combinations

i wouldn't try and upgrade my shit except through just finding stuff though, and most of the shit i did get could plausibly be someone's castaways

that said, figuring out how to farm the scarlett treasure room has largely negated my impulse to just get stuff, since the drop rates in there are actually decent and i now feel like i have a realistic chance to obtain interesting things (i just now picked up my very own infinity, which still took many hours, but was a great deal less awful and mind-numbing than attempting to farm Doc Mercy for god knows how long)

one thing i have duped and will continue to dupe are rare heads, because the drops rates on those things are just retarded considering they're just supposed to be little dang fun customization options

i've farmed terra for hours, gotten five of his rare drops, and still only had one head drop

fuck it, i'm letting my friends in on that, too

Elendil on
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Just had my first char hit level 20, decided to celebrate with a golden key.
    xyyGq.jpg

.....MUAHAHAHAHAHA

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    Nice stuff.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    I've come to find that I prefer the Dahl plasma casters for my Gaige. I figured I would've liked the Maliwan or Tediore, but the Dahl is working quite nicely.

I think at this point I have the entire collection of brand and element casters, the only ones I don't touch are the Bandit ones.

Ugh, Bandit.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

Yeah I know, but since I did not realize the mistake I had made at the time it was too late. Duping is just swapping the memory storage device from the one you loaded from to the one that holds the replaceable file. After making the change you have to quit the game and reload with the original storage device so the guns were gone when I loaded in. In other news was farming Terra with some friends and once again the Shadaloo style head (or whatever it is called) dropped and while one of us could see it none of us could interact with it. That is two for two so far for me and does not bode well for further loot gathering from Terra.

You know you could just use gibbed and copy the weapon codes right? Takes ten seconds.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    Anyone having performance issues in the Torgue DLC? :( I am.

Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Dahl makes plasma casters?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Spoit wrote: »
    i know right

they may as well be unicorns for all i can tell

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Love my Dahl Fire Plasma Caster, though my Hellfire completely outperforms it despite the numbers clearly being in the plasma casters favor.

Still not sure why the Hellfire does so much damage.

• Options
    Elendil wrote: »
    Spoit wrote: »
    i know right

they may as well be unicorns for all i can tell

To me, good shock ARs are unicorns. I think shiny Pokemon is more accurate.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Love my Dahl Fire Plasma Caster, though my Hellfire completely outperforms it despite the numbers clearly being in the plasma casters favor.

Still not sure why the Hellfire does so much damage.
    Probably the same elemental stacking that it had in 1

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular

You know you could just use gibbed and copy the weapon codes right? Takes ten seconds.

The term "memory storage device" makes me think he's not on PC.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Peewi wrote: »
    Peewi wrote: »

The term "memory storage device" makes me think he's not on PC.
    Only PS3 users can't utilize a save editor

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    RadiosityRadiosity Registered User regular
    Indeed we can not. We CAN however utilise USB sticks to get infinite golden keys so at least there's that.

• Options
    LaPuzzaLaPuzza Registered User regular
    I beat PT1 last night at level 31, and promptly mopped up what was left of story missions on Scarlet.

I presume the right thing to do is go into PT2, main game?

• Options
    azicazic Registered User regular
    Do Torgue for the easy tokens now; that way once you finish PT2 and walk in at level 50 and can hit up the Torgue vending machines sooner.

• Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    Lanrutcon wrote: »

let me ask you a question
    EXPLOSIONS?

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    Lanrutcon wrote: »

let me ask you a question
    EXPLOSIONS?

No :( the framerate issue is turning me off playing said explosion filled adventure. Sigh. Think I should go fuck it and buy a 680.

Capture.jpg~original
  • Options
    Does PhysX have anything to do with the slow down?

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    Does PhysX have anything to do with the slow down?

No idea, running a GTX 560 Ti with physx on low. Vanilla game runs amazingly well (55 to 60fps, 40 to 50 during super intense holy shit fights). The Torgue DLC just doesn't want to play along, neither does the Scarlet DLC Refinery. There it's 30 to 40 fps, sometimes lower.

I know my cpu isn't shit because I'm running AC3 at high and Boston doesn't touch my fps. So I dunno.

Capture.jpg~original
  • Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    I "finished" the game yesterday on my Commando, and for my troubles the final boss provided me with an Impaler.

Earlier in the day I tried to kill Terra with @Evilmonkey, but I was severely undergeared and only contributed by making wet greasy spots on the plateau.

Also, I am a convert to the slag turret. I liked the nuke, and all the talents down the tree to it, but the slag turret does fun things to large swaths of enemies.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options
    ConstrictorConstrictor The Dork Knight SuburbialandRegistered User regular
    Finished the Torgue DLC last night. I'm semi-regretting buying this game on launch and getting the season pass because the endgame design is so fucking bad. The voiceover/jokes are awesome and fun, but the gameplay is just total trash. I had to kill the last guy by total cheese because a single hit would drop me to 2k life and 0 shields from max health.

How about letting us actually FIGHT the end bosses with some sort of skill mechanics rather than 'haha end boss kills you in 2 hits, you can't avoid attacks without abusing geometry unintended game mechanics, and end boss has 5 million hp so you can't burst it down, don't try'.

Seriously fucking annoyed.

• Options
    RadiosityRadiosity Registered User regular
    That's pretty much why I decided against DLC purchases this time around, I'm not really enjoying PT2 at all even though I'm basically doing alright (thanks to gold chest goodies), and I can't imagine I'll find some of the DLC bosses to be much fun either from what I've read of them so far. I can't afford DLC purchases anyway at the moment though so I guess it's a good thing :)

Honestly it feels like they've taken everything that I found fun in the first game (meaning specifically PT2 there) and removed it, then replaced it with tedious MMO mechanics.

• Options
    I need more DLC.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    LaPuzzaLaPuzza Registered User regular
    azic wrote: »
    Do Torgue for the easy tokens now; that way once you finish PT2 and walk in at level 50 and can hit up the Torgue vending machines sooner.

Am I just going to overpower Torgue at level 33 as Axton? I went through Ned in an afternoon, getting 1xp off of every non-boss, and I don't want to spoil the fun by being invincible.

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    i think pt1 scalling tops out at 30

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    Finished the Torgue DLC last night. I'm semi-regretting buying this game on launch and getting the season pass because the endgame design is so fucking bad. The voiceover/jokes are awesome and fun, but the gameplay is just total trash. I had to kill the last guy by total cheese because a single hit would drop me to 2k life and 0 shields from max health.

How about letting us actually FIGHT the end bosses with some sort of skill mechanics rather than 'haha end boss kills you in 2 hits, you can't avoid attacks without abusing geometry unintended game mechanics, and end boss has 5 million hp so you can't burst it down, don't try'.

Seriously fucking annoyed.

which boss was this

the only boss in BL2 that has unavoidable bullshit attacks is hyperious

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    I'm assuming he's talking about ...
    Truckasaurus
    I know I spent that entire fight hiding while unloading my explodiest of Torgue weaponry.

EvilMonkey on
    [PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • Options
    ConstrictorConstrictor The Dork Knight SuburbialandRegistered User regular
    EvilMonkey wrote: »
    I'm assuming he's talking about ...
    Truckasaurus
    I know I spent that entire fight hiding while unloading my explodiest of Torgue weaponry.

That's the one. Reallllly unfun... at least for Gunzerker.

• Options
    the ricochets can hurt if you're not strafing like a mofo, yeah

still, i didn't have a problem with that fight on either of my gunzerkers. i think i died once on my second guy, but the key for me was hitting the crit spots as fast and as hard as i could

i dunno, there have been a lot more BS moments for me facing normal enemies than bosses. whoever decided to give bandit bikers vladof sniper rifles instead of normal ARs needs to be shot. >_>

RxI0N.png