As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

It's a compass. It points north, John. [L O S T]

14567810»

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    Love the 8-bit renditions of You All Everybody and whatever they call the sad theme (I think years ago I used to refer to it as Boone's theme but that obviously wasn't true as the show went on).

Is it bad that I recognized the exact location every time they used a background from Final Fantasy VI?

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
  • Options
    MachwingMachwing It looks like a harmless old computer, doesn't it? Left in this cave to rot ... or to flower!Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    charleh_zps06fec60b.png

I made this!

It was my TF2 spray for the longest time.

Machwing on
    l3icwZV.png
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    So I got my roommates into LOST. They are now hooked.

One of them just finished season 1, here are some take-away notes.

* They loved Sayid, Charlie, Locke and, naturally, Vincent.
    * They already hate Kate and every Kate episode.
    * Their nickname for Sawyer is "Bartertown." Anytime a character talks to Sawyer they analyze the conversation through if it will benefit "Bartertown."
    * After watching Walkabout they said John had the shittiest life, I told them there was more sad to come and they wouldn't believe me. After Deus Ex Machina they were still convinced he couldn't have a worse life, but I keep warning them...
    * Their nicknames are: Sawyer -- Bartertown, Charlie -- Merry, Sayid -- Batman, and Kate -- the Worst.
    * Their rankings of the most dangerous character, from 1st to 3rd, are as follows: Sayid, Jin and Locke (because he's crazy & you can't predict a crazy man).
    * Their favorite character might be Rose. They love her and feel she is the best, sanest, wisest character around.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    MachwingMachwing It looks like a harmless old computer, doesn't it? Left in this cave to rot ... or to flower!Registered User regular
    Can you believe I totally forgot this happened?

speed-racer-racer-x.jpg

l3icwZV.png
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    No.

No, I reject such a belief.

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    * Their rankings of the most dangerous character, from 1st to 3rd, are as follows: Sayid, Jin and Locke (because he's crazy & you can't predict a crazy man).

My wife and I are up to mid-Season 4 (her first time watching) and we were actually talking about something similar to this. What we found funny was how low Sawyer actually ranks on this scale.

As for someone unexpectedly ranked highly, that would be Juliet. Jack is also pretty consistently a force to be reckoned with aside from his fight with Ethan.

The saddest episode for my wife has probably been the one we just watched (Season 4 spoilers):
    Ji Yeon.

The episode where it's a flash forward with Sun having her baby, but at the end reveals that Jin's off-island scenes are actually a flashback and that he's not with her. Ending with Sun and Hurley visiting Jin's gravesite really upset her and prompted her to ask me if Lost had a happy ending.

Series Finale Spoilers!
    I told her that it did for some characters but that others get kind of a bum deal.

I know that Sun & Jin's ultimate fate is probably going to piss her off. Hell, it pisses me off. It was just so unnecessary and seemed to only be done for shock value.

Currently she still doesn't know if Jin is one of the Oceanic Six (since she doesn't know if Aaron counts or not) indicating that he dies after leaving the island, or if his gravesite only exists because he never left the island and their cover story is that they are the only six survivors.

• Options
    Lars wrote: »
    Zonugal wrote: »

My wife and I are up to mid-Season 4 (her first time watching) and we were actually talking about something similar to this. What we found funny was how low Sawyer actually ranks on this scale.

As for someone unexpectedly ranked highly, that would be Juliet. Jack is also pretty consistently a force to be reckoned with aside from his fight with Ethan.

In the later seasons I put Ben in the number 1 spot.

Because he's Ben.

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    i want a fish biscuit

broken image link